Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Purple Circle

TheInterlang
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:09:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do so many people on this site use a purple circle as a symbol? Is it because "purple" rhymes with "circle"? Does it symbolize anonymy?
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:10:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:09:09 PM, TheInterlang wrote:
Why do so many people on this site use a purple circle as a symbol? Is it because "purple" rhymes with "circle"? Does it symbolize anonymy?

its the symbol for being bi curious on here.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:11:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:09:09 PM, TheInterlang wrote:
Why do so many people on this site use a purple circle as a symbol? Is it because "purple" rhymes with "circle"? Does it symbolize anonymy?

LOL all the non-DDO Elite members are so clueless.

If the DDO Elite wanted you to know about the purple circle, you would know.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:12:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:11:12 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:09:09 PM, TheInterlang wrote:
Why do so many people on this site use a purple circle as a symbol? Is it because "purple" rhymes with "circle"? Does it symbolize anonymy?

LOL all the non-DDO Elite members are so clueless.

If the DDO Elite wanted you to know about the purple circle, you would know.

- He cant know -

Its about being bi you dolt

I will slay you if you mention more
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:12:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For some reason all new accounts have the purple circle as default, unless they choose a gender affiliation. If you say "I'm not saying" it will give you a purple circle.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:13:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh for goodness' sake.

It's the default avatar lol. If you're new to the site or remove your avatar without replacing it, it would default to a purple circle.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:13:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ninja'ed by Wolff.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:13:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:10:06 PM, Mikal wrote:
its the symbol for being bi curious on here.
It has nothing to do with sexual preference. It's a symbol for the Atoesexual movement, so it has to do with gender. It defauls that picture for all new users who don't write what gender they are, as you have the option of concealing it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:15:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:14:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
its def a bi thing
It has NOTHING to do with sexual preference. It's the Atoesexual movement. It defaults if you don't choose a gender, as you are no longer forced to choose one.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:16:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:13:13 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Oh for goodness' sake.

It's the default avatar lol. If you're new to the site or remove your avatar without replacing it, it would default to a purple circle.

Haha yeah its a default....because the DDO Elite doesn't exist ; )
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:17:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:16:22 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:13:13 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Oh for goodness' sake.

It's the default avatar lol. If you're new to the site or remove your avatar without replacing it, it would default to a purple circle.

Haha yeah its a default....because the DDO Elite doesn't exist ; )

Oh I'm confident it exists....I'm just not at liberty to tell you how I know.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:18:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:15:58 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:14:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
its def a bi thing
It has NOTHING to do with sexual preference. It's the Atoesexual movement. It defaults if you don't choose a gender, as you are no longer forced to choose one.

BI
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:19:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:18:32 PM, Mikal wrote:
BI
Now you're just being foolish. You can say that all you want, but it does signify gender neutrality. It defaults to those who choose not to pick a gender.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:20:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is a gender-neutral default avatar.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:22:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:19:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:18:32 PM, Mikal wrote:
BI
Now you're just being foolish. You can say that all you want, but it does signify gender neutrality. It defaults to those who choose not to pick a gender.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

nope

http://giphy.com...
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:23:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:22:10 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:19:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:18:32 PM, Mikal wrote:
BI
Now you're just being foolish. You can say that all you want, but it does signify gender neutrality. It defaults to those who choose not to pick a gender.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

nope

http://giphy.com...

I reported your post for anti-elitist sentiment.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:25:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:23:35 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:22:10 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:19:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:18:32 PM, Mikal wrote:
BI
Now you're just being foolish. You can say that all you want, but it does signify gender neutrality. It defaults to those who choose not to pick a gender.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

nope

http://giphy.com...

I reported your post for anti-elitist sentiment.

Shh, dude, they're gonna figure out the mods are in on this whole thing...
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:48:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 7:10:06 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:09:09 PM, TheInterlang wrote:
Why do so many people on this site use a purple circle as a symbol? Is it because "purple" rhymes with "circle"? Does it symbolize anonymy?

its the symbol for being bi curious on here.

I thought it was more of a Tinky-Winky thing.