Jump to topic:

Blade has failed as a President

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:43:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bladerunner is a swell guy. I really do believe so, but he made us one major promise. one he hasn't been able to fulfill. That all debates would be voted on during his presidency. He has not done this, and I've personally seen a dozen debates go unvoted by now. A lot of his apologists tell me, "Hey!!! There's no time limit on when all debates get voted on"! I don't fvcking CARE. If you say all debates will be voted on, you better vote on all debates. This is a campaign promise, and I'm sick of the apologists telling me "He never said it would start right away". What do you think all debates will be voted on during my presidency means?

His exact words, and I quote, were "That no debate shall go unvoted" in his campaign promises. Well Blade, here you go.....
http://www.debate.org...

Don't tell me that it's hard work making sure all debates get a vote. Don't tell me that a system is being worked out. The simple fact remains, that Blade was voted into office under the assumption he would stand true to his promises. He hasn't held true to his promises, therefore should be impeached or something. Honestly, I knew this would happen, and that's why I didn't vote for him. He tried to make impossible campaign promises.

Yes, I would be cutting Blade some slack, pending a debate went unvoted in his first week as president. But blade's been in office for over a month!!!! 4 weeks to be precise. And this debate went unvoted, with several others this week. How long do we have to wait for your campaign promises to hold true? Technically, they're already broken, because you failed to deliver. Don't give me the apologist bullcrap people. He said a direct statement, and he didn't do it. That's all. He simply didn't do what he said.

I hope this is a lesson. Don't promise "no debate will go unvoted" if you can't ensure all debates wont go unvoted.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:46:44 PM
Petition to put Blade on trial

1. ChosenWolff
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:48:21 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:46:44 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Petition to put Blade on trial
Ignore the petition
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:48:41 PM
-__- nac

*bites back comments before i get banned*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:50:24 PM
I declare ChosenWolf is a traitor!!!!!

He could have voted on that debate, but chose not to. Why? To overthrow the DDO government!!

Hang 'em up!
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:50:26 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:48:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Look, I know blade is popular, but if you promise that all debates will be voted on, you better vote on all debates. Presidents and elected officials should be held accountable for their promises.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:50:36 PM
I think Bladerunner has been doing a pretty good job. He's only been president for a few weeks.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:50:54 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:49:46 PM, Mikal wrote:
-__- nac

jif vs blade on my show

>.> Mikal... smh... You're starting to seriously piss me off now.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:51:59 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:50:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

He could have voted on that debate, but chose not to. Why? To overthrow the DDO government!!

Hang 'em up!

Oh, with pleasure.
VTL Chosen
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:52:32 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:50:36 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I think Bladerunner has been doing a pretty good job. He's only been president for a few weeks.
That's not the point. His words "If I'm elected president"........... "That no debate shall go unvoted on". It's called accountability, and as soon as he admits that he didn't live up to his promise, he is lying to our faces.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:54:03 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:50:26 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Look, I know blade is popular, but if you promise that all debates will be voted on, you better vote on all debates. Presidents and elected officials should be held accountable for their promises.

You think you can do a better job?

He does a life outside of DDO, and while he may not be able to get all debates voted on, he does vote on those that he can, and asks that if a debate is unvoted and the period is almost up, that the members contact him to vote.
He provides strong RFDs, one of the best on the site- in quality and quantity.

His popularity has nothing to do with this. His adopt-a-noob program is on starting now actually.

He *IS* getting stuff done and has time to do it. There will be bumps along the road but I have no doubt that Blade is, and will continue to be an excellent President.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:54:05 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:52:32 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
That's not the point. His words "If I'm elected president"........... "That no debate shall go unvoted on". It's called accountability, and as soon as he admits that he didn't live up to his promise, he is lying to our faces.

It's a hefty promise, sure, but at least from what I have seen, there's been immense progress to that end. Obviously there were some unfortunate circumstances recently -- he was sick, if memory serves.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:54:54 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:51:59 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hang 'em up!

Oh, with pleasure.
VTL Chosen

I love it when you get dark hon. ;)

VTL Chosen
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:55:57 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:54:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:51:59 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hang 'em up!

Oh, with pleasure.
VTL Chosen

I love it when you get dark hon. ;)

Even over our romantic candlelit dinners?

VTL Chosen
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:56:18 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:54:03 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

You think you can do a better job?
Irrelevant.

He does a life outside of DDO, and while he may not be able to get all debates voted on,
I don't care. He shouldn't of promised it if he can't deliver.
he does vote on those that he can, and asks that if a debate is unvoted and the period is almost up, that the members contact him to vote.
False. His promise wasn't "All debates that members ask us to vote on"
He provides strong RFDs, one of the best on the site- in quality and quantity.
I would rather have 2000 character RFD's with all debates having a vote, rather than needlessly long (they are quality) RFD's.

His popularity has nothing to do with this. His adopt-a-noob program is on starting now actually.
Great, but when is his promise starting?

He *IS* getting stuff done and has time to do it. There will be bumps along the road but I have no doubt that Blade is, and will continue to be an excellent President.
I don't care. If he couldn't do it, he shouldn't of promised it. The main reason he got elected. Officials should be accountable for their actions.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:56:50 PM
Bladerunner Vs Gifpopinit in the final showdown on my show

Drama Farm Ex

trailer below

blade is the white dude, cus hes white
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:57:08 PM

Hang 'em up!

Its a conspiracy man
Nolite Timere
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:57:24 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:54:05 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

It's a hefty promise, sure, but at least from what I have seen, there's been immense progress to that end. Obviously there were some unfortunate circumstances recently -- he was sick, if memory serves.
He was sick for 4 weeks? He should have had a system implemented beforehand to make sure all debates get a vote. I am simply stating he is accountable, and if he admits it, I'll have much more respect for him. Hefty promises need hefty skepticism.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:57:27 PM

ChosenWolff, it has already been pointed out to you the LAST time you made this complaint that part of my promise was that those who want to get a vote on their debates need to message me.

So, I am compelled to question how this could possibly be an honest complaint on your part, if you've already been corrected on this point, yet are remaking it.

Have you ever messaged me about a debate, that I have not voted on? Is anyone else claiming that's the case?

I'll point you to my campaign thread:

"On a final note, in regards to what has been one of my most controversial campaign promises: A vote on every debate. I am wholly committed to that goal--and to that end, I've actually started working on that already! But in doing so, I've realized that I have to add one more caveat to that promise in the interest of being fully honest: There is a chance (slim, I hope!) that a debate gets somehow missed...which frightens me, because I don't make promises I don't keep. It's just the way I am."

So, to make sure that I AM keeping my promise, I'd just like to note that, should for some reason a debate get missed and be without votes, no matter what system is in place, any user should message me when it's getting down to around 24 hours left. That way I can make sure I really AM fulfilling my promise. I'd hate to break it by mistake!"

(emphasis mine)

Please do not make baseless accusations--if you want to make an accusation, please actually have your facts in order.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:59:42 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:57:24 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

He was sick for 4 weeks? He should have had a system implemented beforehand to make sure all debates get a vote. I am simply stating he is accountable, and if he admits it, I'll have much more respect for him. Hefty promises need hefty skepticism.

The system (which he just explained and beat me to) was that people would PM him when the voting period was 24 hours away from elapsing. Now, if there was an issue within that framework, that's another thing -- I don't know that there is, but that's what you should be pointing out if in fact that is your accusation.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:00:05 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:57:08 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Hang 'em up!

Its a conspiracy man

What did Blade know, and when did he know it?
You know how there are those photos of witnesses or victims that are shown to be the same people from two or more tragic events (like Sandy Hook and V-tech)....well, we know ChosenWolf and jifpop are thee same.

#mindblown
Follow the money
My work here is, finally, done.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:00:41 PM
I'll just leave this hear....
~JohnMaynardKeynes

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:00:59 PM
At 7/11/2014 8:00:41 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I'll just leave this hear....

*here
~JohnMaynardKeynes

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:05:08 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:57:27 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

ChosenWolff, it has already been pointed out to you the LAST time you made this complaint that part of my promise was that those who want to get a vote on their debates need to message me.
False. You changed your promise from "all debates during my presidency" to "all debates that are messaged to me". You changed your promise AFTER you were elected.

So, I am compelled to question how this could possibly be an honest complaint on your part,
How can it not. You made a promise and we were ALL skeptical. I believe several members questionsed whether you could deliver. You didn't. Your words.... "If I'm elected president"........ "That no debate shall go unvoted". There were dozens of unvoted debates.
if you've already been corrected on this point, yet are remaking it.
No, I was disareed with. Your promise WAS NOT all debates that are messaged to me. In words, you said no debate shall go unvoted. You can't tinker with your promise after being elected into office.

Have you ever messaged me about a debate, that I have not voted on? Is anyone else claiming that's the case?
It doesn't matter. Messaging you was no where in your promise. Next time, promise all debates messaged to you. You can't tinker your promise after election.

I'll point you to my campaign thread:

I already linked it. You directly said "That no debate shall go unvoted"

"On a final note, in regards to what has been one of my most controversial campaign promises: A vote on every debate. I am wholly committed to that goal--and to that end,
Wholly commited would of meant no debates would of went unvoted. Much less dozens.
I've actually started working on that already!
You should of developed a system BEFORE being elected.
But in doing so, I've realized that I have to add one more caveat to that promise in the interest of being fully honest: There is a chance (slim, I hope!) that a debate gets somehow missed...which frightens me, because I don't make promises I don't keep. It's just the way I am."
If a debate will be missed, then it's not a promise. There is an obvious error in your campaign promise, and you should just admit it. You'll have me off your back.

So, to make sure that I AM keeping my promise,
It's already been broken. To many debates were unvoted.
I'd just like to note that, should for some reason a debate get missed and be without votes, no matter what system is in place, any user should message me
You never said all debates that are messaged to you. This is you changing your promise after election, because you knew you couldn't do it.
when it's getting down to around 24 hours left. That way I can make sure I really AM fulfilling my promise. I'd hate to break it by mistake!"
You already have broke your promise.

(emphasis mine)

Please do not make baseless accusations--if you want to make an accusation, please actually have your facts in order.
It is not baseless. The facts are all there. It's you trying to feebily defend yourself.
"If I'm elected president"........"That no debate shall go unvoted" Tell me, and right now, that this promise has been fullfilled, and I'll show you how it hasn't.

You need to be accountable. As an official and as a community member.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:05:51 PM
VTL Chosen

I'm the politician so my vote counts twice.

4/8 Wolff.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:05:57 PM
...I've already had this conversation with you to the point of being absolutely absurd. Call me an apologist all you want, but you're being absolutely absurd in your views of bladerunner's platform (as he already pointed out) and how it would be implemented.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:08:54 PM
At 7/11/2014 8:05:57 PM, whiteflame wrote:
...I've already had this conversation with you to the point of being absolutely absurd.
Your argument was based on the same outrageous logic.
"There's no time limit as to when all debates will go unvoted"
This is so stupid and illogical. We know what he meant, and it was that all debates will be voted on.
Call me an apologist all you want, but you're being absolutely absurd in your views of bladerunner's platform (as he already pointed out) and how it would be implemented.
There;s nothing absurd about it. He said something. He didn't do it. End of story. Stop apologizing for him, and realize that he's accountable.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:10:04 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:59:42 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 7/11/2014 7:57:24 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

The system (which he just explained and beat me to) was that people would PM him when the voting period was 24 hours away from elapsing. Now, if there was an issue within that framework, that's another thing -- I don't know that there is, but that's what you should be pointing out if in fact that is your accusation.
He said two different things. His promise, was that no debate shall go unvoted. He "requested" members PM him. He's accountable. End of story. As you said, it was a hefty promise. Hefy skepticism needs to be in place.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8