Jump to topic:

DDO Clicks need to End

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:12:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Since I have been here on DDO, I have noticed there are clicks on here. X people are cool with this Y group of people, while these Y people are cool with these Z group of people, but the X people don't like some of the Z people because they believe some things, the X people can't stand or the X people don't like some of the things the Z group likes.

Then you have the Y people who are just laid back and don't necessarily agree with either Z or X.

To make it more complicated, you have the W people who are exactly the opposite from the Y people.

And the list goes on with all the other alphabetic groups of people. I should note, there is some on DDO who don't fit in with the rest of the DDO alphabet groups, who feel left out.

The point is these DDO clicks don't do nothing good for the DDO community. All it does is suppress those DDO members who really have talent and who want to make a difference on here. Now, perhaps these DDO users could do more to make themselves more useful, but what happens when these DDO users are simply busy with things they have to deal with in real life, then they are seen as a joke or not taken seriously just because they aren't as active as some others on here?

Perhaps, I am losing my mind on this one. One thing is for sure.. Some of these younger users on here are really starting to irritate me...
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:27:32 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:12:45 PM, Haroush wrote:
Since I have been here on DDO, I have noticed there are clicks on here. X people are cool with this Y group of people, while these Y people are cool with these Z group of people, but the X people don't like some of the Z people because they believe some things, the X people can't stand or the X people don't like some of the things the Z group likes.

Then you have the Y people who are just laid back and don't necessarily agree with either Z or X.

To make it more complicated, you have the W people who are exactly the opposite from the Y people.

And the list goes on with all the other alphabetic groups of people. I should note, there is some on DDO who don't fit in with the rest of the DDO alphabet groups, who feel left out.

The point is these DDO clicks don't do nothing good for the DDO community. All it does is suppress those DDO members who really have talent and who want to make a difference on here. Now, perhaps these DDO users could do more to make themselves more useful, but what happens when these DDO users are simply busy with things they have to deal with in real life, then they are seen as a joke or not taken seriously just because they aren't as active as some others on here?

Perhaps, I am losing my mind on this one. One thing is for sure.. Some of these younger users on here are really starting to irritate me...

Clicks are rarely a good idea. I'm too new to identify which is which, though.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:30:30 PM
I hate the grammar nazi clique who would point out that you consistently misspelled "clique" throughout this post
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:32:11 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:30:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
I hate the grammar nazi clique who would point out that you consistently misspelled "clique" throughout this post
LOL, nice catch
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:51:05 PM

Lol, that definitely was a nice catch! Hahaha!
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:59:32 PM

What can I say, sh@t happens...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:00:44 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:59:32 PM, Haroush wrote:

Shat happens?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:02:40 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:00:44 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/12/2014 11:59:32 PM, Haroush wrote:

Shat happens?

-___- Perhaps, shat happens.. smh (laughing in the background)
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:08:51 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:27:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Clicks are rarely a good idea. I'm too new to identify which is which, though.

I agree. I am not a fan of cliques, not clicks. :)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 2:53:57 AM

Ditto
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 7:12:17 AM
I love this though, because it shows how people are more concerned with people's mistakes or errors rather than the message they are attempting to give to the audience.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:01:06 AM
At 7/13/2014 7:12:17 AM, Haroush wrote:
I love this though, because it shows how people are more concerned with people's mistakes or errors rather than the message they are attempting to give to the audience.

Because the message is pointless and stupid as well as impossible to actually make happen.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:26:21 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:01:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Because the message is pointless and stupid as well as impossible to actually make happen.

Perhaps, it could seem impossible, but the only reason it is impossible is because of people with little faith like you. That's the problem with a lot of people on this website. They don't have the faith it takes to follow through to make positive changes to this website.

Many things were seen as impossible in the history of humans, but guess what? Quite a few of those impossible ideas became possible and then reality. Though this can only happen if this is what you want the reality to be.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:32:03 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:26:21 AM, Haroush wrote:

Perhaps, it could seem impossible, but the only reason it is impossible is because of people with little faith like you. That's the problem with a lot of people on this website. They don't have the faith it takes to follow through to make positive changes to this website.

Many things were seen as impossible in the history of humans, but guess what? Quite a few of those impossible ideas became possible and then reality. Though this can only happen if this is what you want the reality to be.

Precisely. People are only lackadaisical about this because they don't care. What is the problem with DDO societies? They cause no harm, they are voluntary, I mean, in no way is it damaging DDO.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:32:28 AM

Sometimes trying to make difference to all can be difficult especially if you know they don't like you. But if they do like you everyone will accept you and respect you regardless of what you stand for because your human like everyone else.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:34:45 AM

Hi Zaradi, but I think it's very possible. But people gotta be willing to corporate. Ya know?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:41:54 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:32:03 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:

Precisely. People are only lackadaisical about this because they don't care. What is the problem with DDO societies? They cause no harm, they are voluntary, I mean, in no way is it damaging DDO.

Well, this is like saying cliques in high school or college don't contribute to bullying when they greatly influence others around them, and tend to target others who are not part of their clique either directly or indirectly.

Furthermore, these cliques form opinions and judgments about people, then spread those beliefs about these people simply because they are seen as credible to those in their clique.

I like people who are unique, not the same..
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:46:32 AM
I mean seriously, what are we if we are all the same? We are dull and boring..

Therefore, the people who make the greatest contributions to a society are those that are unique, not the same.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:54:44 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:41:54 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/13/2014 8:32:03 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:

Well, this is like saying cliques in high school or college don't contribute to bullying when they greatly influence others around them, and tend to target others who are not part of their clique either directly or indirectly.

Furthermore, these cliques form opinions and judgments about people, then spread those beliefs about these people simply because they are seen as credible to those in their clique.

I like people who are unique, not the same..

Ok. I see the problem. You have the DDO societies analogous to high school cliques, whereas I see it akin to a club.

Honestly, in my case for example, with the DDO Republic, all we are is an extension of the forums. The economics section is passive, politics section is full of idiots, no where can law be discussed for example and nowhere are we away from idiots and rational discussion.

All I hope to do is have a collection of people, no matter the size, who will extend what we do on the forums into a chat, where we away from all the aforesaid negatives. And it also gives us a way to organise debates and competitions which cannot be done easily on the forums.

In no way are these cliques a social threat. No social hierarchy of a disney-esque fashion will form because we aren't a social order, nor a 'clique', but a club of like-minded individuals. We of course are unique. Being a group centred around debate and discussion, the fields I want to focus on I picked because there is so much room for debate, individuality and discussion.

I did not create a, 'centre-right, capitalist, semi-conservative, semi-liberal' club, but a political centred club. All forms of politics, beliefs in regards to economics or law are allowed. In no way will their be uniformity which will lead to a corporate ego like you get in high school cliques.

With all of this, the chance of there being antipathy against others not in the clique is unlikely. Considering there is very little solidarity in the first place other than the fact we want to do this, why would there be any extra reason for us to have animosity against others more than we do against those who don't post in the politics/economics sections.

With this in mind, I hope this changes your mind about us a bit. If not, then that's unfortunate.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:01:51 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:34:45 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Hi Zaradi, but I think it's very possible. But people gotta be willing to corporate. Ya know?

I mean, don't get me wrong, nothing can ever be perfect, but what we can always do is make things better than what they are...

If anything, I think this thread is more so an announcement that people need to change their personal perspectives of others and need to have more open communication with others they don't typically like. Furthermore, not rush to judgement of others, nor form judgments about someone if they haven't done anything wrong to you personally.

Something else that would help out with communications on here is if people were to ask questions more and be more empathetic, rather judgmental and critical. When you criticize you live in the past. It is simple as that.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:02:19 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:34:45 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I mean, don't get me wrong, nothing can ever be perfect, but what we can always do is make things better than what they are...

If anything, I think this thread is more so an announcement that people need to change their personal perspectives of others and need to have more open communication with others they don't typically like. Furthermore, not rush to judgement of others, nor form judgments about someone if they haven't done anything wrong to you personally.

Something else that would help out with communications on here is if people were to ask questions more and be more empathetic, rather judgmental and critical. When you criticize you live in the past. It is simple as that.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:05:16 AM

Interesting you refer to DDO as a community and bemoan clicks. Clicks happen in communities. Like minded people are generally held in higher regard than opposites. Put on your big boy pants and don't care so much about others thoughts and feelings towards you. Why are you here? If it is to debate, then clicks don't matter. If it is to learn or otherwise expand your mind, then clicks don't matter. If it is to socialize, then clicks matter, but what social forum doesn't have clicks?

I don't know of anyone who criticizes others simply for being inactive, the closest I've seen is criticism for not accepting a debate.

How does it suppress anyone to not be part of a particular click?
Why does it suppress anyone any more than someone who challenges someone's beliefs?
My work here is, finally, done.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:06:38 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:05:16 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Interesting you refer to DDO as a community and bemoan clicks. Clicks happen in communities. Like minded people are generally held in higher regard than opposites. Put on your big boy pants and don't care so much about others thoughts and feelings towards you. Why are you here? If it is to debate, then clicks don't matter. If it is to learn or otherwise expand your mind, then clicks don't matter. If it is to socialize, then clicks matter, but what social forum doesn't have clicks?

I don't know of anyone who criticizes others simply for being inactive, the closest I've seen is criticism for not accepting a debate.

How does it suppress anyone to not be part of a particular click?
Why does it suppress anyone any more than someone who challenges someone's beliefs?

Please go away...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:16:25 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:06:38 AM, Haroush wrote:

Please go away...

If you are wondering why no one respects you (if that is what the question is), then this is a reason.
You are boxing me out, even though I am addressing your OP....again. That is a click; and anti-Khaos_Mage faction, who doesn't respect or like or even wants to engage with a certain member.
You are a hypocrite.

Thanks for proving you have no interest in discussion, since you refuse to discuss with those you don't like... again.
You are either a troll or a creature dependent upon emotion, neither is appealing, and both are going to get you the backlash you are bemoaning from certain types of people.

Your last two threads I have responded to have been about you whining (emotion), and I have come on, addressed the OP (which is why you posting a thread, right), and you have no response for me except to go away.
http://www.debate.org...

You can't have it both ways. You can't bemoan clicks, while at the same time creating divisions.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:29:55 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:16:25 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/13/2014 9:06:38 AM, Haroush wrote:

Please go away...

If you are wondering why no one respects you (if that is what the question is), then this is a reason.
You are boxing me out, even though I am addressing your OP....again. That is a click; and anti-Khaos_Mage faction, who doesn't respect or like or even wants to engage with a certain member.
You are a hypocrite.

Thanks for proving you have no interest in discussion, since you refuse to discuss with those you don't like... again.
You are either a troll or a creature dependent upon emotion, neither is appealing, and both are going to get you the backlash you are bemoaning from certain types of people.

Your last two threads I have responded to have been about you whining (emotion), and I have come on, addressed the OP (which is why you posting a thread, right), and you have no response for me except to go away.
http://www.debate.org...

You can't have it both ways. You can't bemoan clicks, while at the same time creating divisions.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.... Goodbye ( waving as Khaos Mage leaves) You know why I don't talk to you... A golden tongue may be likable by many, but it doesn't mean you don't manipulate people.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:34:00 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:29:55 AM, Haroush wrote:

Blah, blah, blah, blah.... Goodbye ( waving as Khaos Mage leaves) You know why I don't talk to you... A golden tongue may be likable by many, but it doesn't mean you don't manipulate people.

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:35:57 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:34:00 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/13/2014 9:29:55 AM, Haroush wrote:

bye..
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:47:47 AM
Oh, no! QQ
Houroush doesn't like me.
Perhaps I'll go post a thread about why people just can't get along, and then ignore the people I don't get along with.

Houroush, I feel bad for you, if this is how you live your life: tied to emotion and a need for acceptance.
I am not trying to manipulate anything or anyone; I am speaking my mind, and addressing your concerns (the OP). The fact that you don't want a response to the OP, but just some attention, is not my concern, and more importantly, not known to me.

Do DDO a favor, and not post OP's that address an issue that you have no intention of talking about, and just open with a "I feel bad, pity me" or "today I almost got hit by a car".

As you said, these younger kids are really starting to irritate me.