*Presidential Update -- Week 4*

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:05:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi again folks!

Things are proceeding. My illness sorta messed up my timetable, but I'm better now.

The Adopt-A-Noob program is getting started, and bsh1 and Lanna are sorting out how to expand it, but we're starting with a coached tournament, and anyone interested in participating should join up here:

http://www.debate.org...

Sign-ups are concluding soon, so get in quick!

There is already another official tournament in the proverbial hopper, but we're going to hold off a bit in order to give the AAN tournament the attention it deserves.

Airmax and I are still talking on codification stuff--sending ideas back and forth can take time.

whiteflame has been reaching out to members, and I hope to have an at least-semi-formalized list soon.

I'm still reaching out to other members to get specific teams going--anyone interested in helping out should, as always, shoot me a PM. The more help, the better.

I'll close this week again with a reminder: All debates are intended to have votes under my administration. Any debate that doesn't have a vote by the time there's less than 48 hours left in the Voting Period, shoot me a PM, and I will ensure it gets at least a vote--no debates should go unvoted.

As always, all members should feel free to contact me or bsh1 if they have any questions, concerns, or want to help.

Some folks have said they think these messages are lacking in utility, because I don't have "real" news every week. Part of the reason for these messages is to keep the lines of communication open--reminding everyone I'm still here, and giving them a place to ask stuff.

But, in an effort to give these a little more pizzazz, I've decided I'll include a bit of site trivia or history each week, too. At least that'll give something worth reading to the otherwise uninterested!

So, without further ado, a bit of site trivia:

Judge debates are a relatively recent introduction, as I'm sure most of you are aware. You get a notification when a debate you're accepted to judge goes into the voting period. But if you clear that out, there's no other indicator that you've got a judge debate vote pending.

Except, you can go do your "Dashboard" (Note: Not your profile, but your dashboard). On the left side of the screen, there's a button for "debates" with two little podiums. Clicking on that brings you to a list of your debates. The upper right-hand corner has a drop-down menu that, by default, says "all debates". Click the dropdown, and you've got a bunch of options--to see your Judge debates, look in the "judging" section, and click on "Nominations accepted", which will show all the debates with nominations you've accepted, and there you go!

If anyone has a trivia suggestion or a history question suggestion, send it to me for next week.

Thanks again for your time, DDO, and I'll be posting again in a week-ish! Sooner rather than later, most likely.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:09:17 AM
As always, if anyone needs a debate judged that's on a serious topic, feel free to nominate me as a judge or PM me a request.

I prefer novel political topics relevant to current affairs. I don't like debates about abortion, God's existence, video games or TV shows.
Tsar of DDO
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:10:44 AM
Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear that you weren't well, but glad your better!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:14:14 AM
Can you tell me the starting point for the weekly updates? Is it every sunday or monday, because it was monday when you posted this.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:15:08 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:14:14 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Can you tell me the starting point for the weekly updates? Is it every sunday or monday, because it was monday when you posted this.

Or 11:07 PST
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:16:05 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:15:08 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

DDO runs on CMT, although DDO are a bunch of fvcktards for running the server not on EST.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:17:26 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:16:05 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

DDO runs on CMT, although DDO are a bunch of fvcktards for running the server not on EST.

Why, because you run on EST?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:17:56 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:17:26 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:16:05 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Why, because you run on EST?
Because the world runs on EST
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:25:18 AM

I try to make sure it goes up no later than Saturday, my time--I'm 2 hrs behind DDO time.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:25:53 AM
Well, I'm 2 hours behind now. It changes since my state doesn't do daylight savings.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:26:34 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:25:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I try to make sure it goes up no later than Saturday, my time--I'm 2 hrs behind DDO time.
Alright.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Ajab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:04:58 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:09:17 AM, YYW wrote:
As always, if anyone needs a debate judged that's on a serious topic, feel free to nominate me as a judge or PM me a request.

I prefer novel political topics relevant to current affairs. I don't like debates about abortion, God's existence, video games or TV shows.

This House Approves Of Naughty Men

Will ya judge it?
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:31:43 PM
At 7/13/2014 3:04:58 AM, Ajab wrote:

Will ya judge it?

Of course. lol
Tsar of DDO
Ajab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 5:49:07 PM
At 7/13/2014 12:31:43 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/13/2014 3:04:58 AM, Ajab wrote:

Will ya judge it?

Of course. lol

Oi I wanna debate the ethics of homosexuality with ya :P
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 7:55:38 AM
Big bambling bumble of baboons that bump a forum over spam
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 5:45:07 AM
Bumping over spam
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me