Jump to topic:

Babies do cocaine

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:25:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now that I've got all your attention, I want to review some things that the moderation policy on this site could use.

- A third, active, moderator. Airmax is great, but we have one of the lowest mod to user proportions on the internet.
- A rule that forces all posts to be on topic (come on guys! go to the miscellaneous forum)
- The ability to talk about moderation. There has to be some accountability.

- A strict, no insulting policy. Literally, I've seen people been called whiny, bitchez, $hits, morons, idiots, ect. These people get reported, but Airmax sends them a warning? Come on!

- The one line rule. This ticks me off that this site doesn't have it. Many boards make all posts extend past one line. Do you know how much more intellectual this site would be?

Many of you will be pissed off at my outrageous suggestions, but this is stuff other sites have and we don't. One line? Yes, it sucks for those who come on here and troll and clog the forums, but it is of no detriment to the users that actually debate here. The forums, the polls, and the debates have been slowly evolving into facebook, and it sickens me. Maybe it's long overdue in me saying this, but only about 10% of the members on this site actually earn any respect from me. That's because only 10% of the members on this site actually debate, discuss, and have differing opinions.

This site is a joke. If you haven't noticed, I ended all my debates, and I've slowly seen more members joining edeb8. I'll probably debate there for now on, but it saddens me to see this site fall into disarray. You might not like what I'm saying. For god sakes, half of you are only here to talk to your friends, from when this site was an ACTUAL debating site. 75% of the users on this site could leave, and I wouldn't care. A small clique of interesting and intelligent people is better than whatever juggle has turned this site into. Which can shortly be termed an "abomination".
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:27:14 AM
VTL WOLFF!!! HE'S MAFIA!!! QUICKLY GUYS!!!

nac
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:30:29 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:27:14 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Esocial, you weren't exactly far from my mind when writing this OP. I don't ask for much. I just ask for actual intelligent things to be said. Even on this forum. I made an OP. Respond to it. Debate it. But please, please, don't troll it. You are a part of the problem. I'm a part of the problem. But it doesn't have to be like that. I have had some good discussions with people lately, and it has restored optimism, but then I come back to the stupid $hit I see here. It's outrageous.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:37:41 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:30:29 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Esocial, you weren't exactly far from my mind when writing this OP.
Oh I realized. :P
I don't ask for much. I just ask for actual intelligent things to be said.
Based on the DP, I seriously scumread you right now.
Even on this forum. I made an OP. Respond to it. Debate it. But please, please, don't troll it.
That's no fun. :P
You are a part of the problem. I'm a part of the problem. But it doesn't have to be like that.
I have had some good discussions with people lately, and it has restored optimism, but then I come back to the stupid $hit I see here. It's outrageous.
If you don't like the site, then why are you here?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:40:07 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:37:41 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Stop trolling me when I'm trying to have a conversation with you.
Even on this forum. I made an OP. Respond to it. Debate it. But please, please, don't troll it.
The point isn't to have fun. It's to gain intelligence and expand your mind.
You are a part of the problem. I'm a part of the problem. But it doesn't have to be like that.
I have had some good discussions with people lately, and it has restored optimism, but then I come back to the stupid $hit I see here. It's outrageous.
To debate and expand my understanding. Do you even read the OP? I'm debating on edeb8 now.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:43:35 AM
Esocial, you weren't exactly far from my mind when writing this OP. I don't ask for much. I just ask for actual intelligent things to be said. Even on this forum. I made an OP. Respond to it. Debate it. But please, please, don't troll it. You are a part of the problem. I'm a part of the problem. But it doesn't have to be like that. I have had some good discussions with people lately, and it has restored optimism, but then I come back to the stupid $hit I see here. It's outrageous.

For reasons that have more to do with the fact that you feel inferior beside the people you attack... some directly (bladerunner) and others indirectly (me), you think that I and others are out to make you look stupid. But it is neither them nor I who accomplish that noteworthy feat.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:45:51 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:43:35 AM, YYW wrote:

For reasons that have more to do with the fact that you feel inferior beside the people you attack... some directly (bladerunner) and others indirectly (me), you think that I and others are out to make you look stupid. But it is neither them nor I who accomplish that noteworthy feat.
I quote "n immature little kid posted a generally hostile OP, because he wanted attention or because he was too inept to know that his perspective was baseless"

YOU are a whiny, immature, kid YYW. That's the irony behind all your posts. Only children dismiss a four paragraph IP with such statements. You are under the impression, and I referenced you in this PM, that flame wars are debating. They're not.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:49:06 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:45:51 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I quote "n immature little kid posted a generally hostile OP, because he wanted attention or because he was too inept to know that his perspective was baseless"

YOU are a whiny, immature, kid YYW. That's the irony behind all your posts. Only children dismiss a four paragraph IP with such statements. You are under the impression, and I referenced you in this PM, that flame wars are debating. They're not.

He's actually not a kid tho bro.
---
OMGUS
VTL WOLFF NAO
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:49:50 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:49:06 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Shh
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:50:59 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:49:50 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Shh
He's 22.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:51:42 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:50:59 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Shh
He's 22.
Well, that's false.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:52:59 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:51:42 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/15/2014 12:50:59 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Shh
He's 22.
Well, that's false.
So is yours.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:53:44 AM
Don't
feed
the
trolls.

#VTL Esocial for VTL'ing Wolff during lylo.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:54:14 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:45:51 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

lol

What do you expect me to do with this? Do you want me to say "spake the pot to the kettle"? How about reciprocate? Nope... you can't handle the truth, so that can't be an option. Shall I continue this little feud you seem intent on perpetuating? Or are you still holding out hope that I'm going to say that you were right all along? lol... as if.

It is at moments like this that I find myself relying on the lexical creations of teenage girls...

rofl... I can't even.
Tsar of DDO
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:57:32 AM
haha clever way of making me click the thread. But I stopped reading at your first sentence.

VTL wolf
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:57:37 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:54:14 AM, YYW wrote:
rofl... I can't even.
You would be the first banned pending the moderators actually did their jobs. When 80% of your activity is confined to pointing out faults in other members, and b!tching in the forums about other people, you may want to consider having an actual life. I have insomnia, and I'm on here a lot, but when I am, I'm trying to be a productive member. Stating a OP doesn't warrant you to call me a....

"An immature little kid posted a generally hostile OP, because he wanted attention or because he was too inept to know that his perspective was baseless"

YYW, you're a childish troll, and your displays on this site only reflect who you are in real life. And I would say you're not a good person.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:59:15 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:57:37 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/15/2014 12:54:14 AM, YYW wrote:
rofl... I can't even.
You would be the first banned pending the moderators actually did their jobs.

You think so? How lovely.

When 80% of your activity is confined to pointing out faults in other members, and b!tching in the forums about other people, you may want to consider having an actual life. I have insomnia, and I'm on here a lot, but when I am, I'm trying to be a productive member. Stating a OP doesn't warrant you to call me a....

80% eh? Where'd ya get that number?

"An immature little kid posted a generally hostile OP, because he wanted attention or because he was too inept to know that his perspective was baseless"

YYW, you're a childish troll, and your displays on this site only reflect who you are in real life. And I would say you're not a good person.

I think there are probably about four people on the site who agree with you, there, and I'm comfortable with that.
Tsar of DDO
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:59:35 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:57:32 AM, n7 wrote:
haha clever way of making me click the thread. But I stopped reading at your first sentence.

VTL wolf

It's lylo! Why are you and Annie so intent on VTL'ing during lylo?!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:00:47 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:59:35 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

VTL wolf

That sounded like a scum tell from me lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:09:29 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:25:51 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
only about 10% of the members on this site actually earn any respect from me

The irony of this statement is delicious.
I'm back (ish).
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:09:36 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:59:15 AM, YYW wrote:
Insulting me serves no purpose. You only do it for attention. If not, tell me a non BS reason why you continue to violate the site TOS. Two days a go you called me a "whiny little $hit". Was that supposed to teach me a lesson?

You start flame baits so people will notice and give you attention. It doesn't make you look smart or cool. It makes you look like a dick harassing people over a debate forum.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:09:55 AM

VTL wolf

Lylo?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:10:23 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:09:29 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Your opinion is irrelevant.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:10:55 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:09:55 AM, n7 wrote:

VTL wolf

Lylo?

Oh, it stands for "lynch or lose," or if we fail to lynch the mafia, they'll equal the town in numbers and thus win.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:12:34 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:09:36 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/15/2014 12:59:15 AM, YYW wrote:
Insulting me serves no purpose. You only do it for attention. If not, tell me a non BS reason why you continue to violate the site TOS. Two days a go you called me a "whiny little $hit". Was that supposed to teach me a lesson?

You start flame baits so people will notice and give you attention. It doesn't make you look smart or cool. It makes you look like a dick harassing people over a debate forum.

At no point have I insulted you, and you know that. I have described your behavior, and that is all. Attempting to claim that I have in several threads does not accommodate reality to your whims. Rather, it only makes you look foolish.

I am not in the business of teaching lessons, either. That you chose to feel insulted by accurate descriptions of your behavior is your prerogative, however. I would also remind you that if talking to me hurts your feelings, you don't have to talk to me.
Tsar of DDO
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:13:02 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:10:23 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/15/2014 1:09:29 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Your opinion is irrelevant.

I never said it was relevant. All it needs to be is true.
I'm back (ish).
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:16:28 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:12:34 AM, YYW wrote:
At no point have I insulted you, and you know that.
Really? Whiny little $hit? That's what you called me.
I have described your behavior, and that is all.
That is BS. Why do you do it? Why do you point out others flaws? You may have some of your own, yet you're intent on fixing mine? You're looking for relevance and attention.
Attempting to claim that I have in several threads does not accommodate reality to your whims. Rather, it only makes you look foolish.
No, what is foolish is flamebaiting people who are only looking for reasonable dialogue regarding the DDO presidency.

I am not in the business of teaching lessons, either.
Then you have no reason to continue your petty spree of behavioral analysis.
That you chose to feel insulted by accurate descriptions of your behavior is your prerogative, however.
And this isn't a subtle insult? YYW, stop being an attention hog.
I would also remind you that if talking to me hurts your feelings, you don't have to talk to me.
When have I ever talked to you? You commentate in the forums on how much of a moron I am. You're sad to me. I'm not upset at what you say. I'm concerned that one can act so evil and twisted inside over the web. Like they have something to prove.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:21:50 AM
Now that I've got all your attention, I want to review some things that the moderation policy on this site could use.

Fine.

- A third, active, moderator. Airmax is great, but we have one of the lowest mod to user proportions on the internet.

Sure.

- A rule that forces all posts to be on topic (come on guys! go to the miscellaneous forum)

Censorship.

- The ability to talk about moderation. There has to be some accountability.

You can talk about it. You're referring to posting from PMs, which is a separate issue.

- A strict, no insulting policy. Literally, I've seen people been called whiny, bitchez, $hits, morons, idiots, ect. These people get reported, but Airmax sends them a warning? Come on!

Censorship.

- The one line rule. This ticks me off that this site doesn't have it. Many boards make all posts extend past one line. Do you know how much more intellectual this site would be?

This is a silly, arbitrary rule. Some thing need no more than a line in response. One of the secrets to good writing is to condense.

Many of you will be pissed off at my outrageous suggestions, but this is stuff other sites have and we don't. One line? Yes, it sucks for those who come on here and troll and clog the forums, but it is of no detriment to the users that actually debate here. The forums, the polls, and the debates have been slowly evolving into facebook, and it sickens me. Maybe it's long overdue in me saying this, but only about 10% of the members on this site actually earn any respect from me. That's because only 10% of the members on this site actually debate, discuss, and have differing opinions.

There is nothing wrong with having a site be social. The reason I left Edb8 is because it is hostile to social interaction and promotes only debating. Many great debates originate the forums. Many people discuss in the forums. I enjoy conversing with other members, which is often just as informative as debating, more than I do debating, and yet I still have a few debates finished and have plans to do more. The social aspect, however, is the best thing about the site. If the forums were removed entirely, I doubt I'd stay, and I doubt many others would either. Some people place debating first, and there's still plenty of focus on that. What you want is outright oppressive to those of us who enjoying having fun, which, believe it or not, comes before everything else.

This site is a joke. If you haven't noticed, I ended all my debates, and I've slowly seen more members joining edeb8. I'll probably debate there for now on, but it saddens me to see this site fall into disarray. You might not like what I'm saying. For god sakes, half of you are only here to talk to your friends, from when this site was an ACTUAL debating site. 75% of the users on this site could leave, and I wouldn't care. A small clique of interesting and intelligent people is better than whatever juggle has turned this site into. Which can shortly be termed an "abomination".
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:25:00 AM
At 7/15/2014 1:21:50 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Censorship.
I don't see it as censorship to ask people to post in the right forum. Side chats should happen in the funny, miscellaneous, ect. forums. Also, the OP often gets off track. People should stay on the OP or use a different thread.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:27:01 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:40:07 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/15/2014 12:37:41 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Stop trolling me when I'm trying to have a conversation with you.
The point isn't to have fun. It's to gain intelligence and expand your mind.
To debate and expand my understanding. Do you even read the OP? I'm debating on edeb8 now.
So if you don't like it, why are you here?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY