Tournament of Champions Curse

collegekitchen2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:26:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
History

The tournament was originally organized by Charlie Danger, who was banned no more than two weeks before the planned start date of the tournament in 2009. [1] Very quickly thereafter, Usafkid1121 took over running the tournament. [2] Unfortunately, he was soon banned as well. This has started some rumors that every host of the ToC will be banned. [3] It took a few months until theLwerd was banned as well. Since the theLwerd was banned she has got her account back, along with Charlie Danger, and Usafkid1121. However the Tournament has been transfered to theLwerd's lover Vi_Veri[4], because theLwerd got a new laptop (a christmas gift from Vi) and was too lazy to transfer the data over from the old laptop. The tournament currently is in limbo, and most debaters expect the banning of Vi to occur any time now.

UPDATE:

Vi_Veri has also been banned and now the tournament has no active moderator.

Meme Status

This tournament by many is considered a meme due to the incredible amount of banning that all seem to happen to the tournament's organizer by the paranoid owner of this site, Phil. Rumor has it that the tournament has been cursed, and some debaters refuse to even reference the tournament for fear that they too will be banned.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:55:18 PM
At 2/25/2010 4:26:50 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
some debaters refuse to even reference the tournament for fear that they too will be banned.

Citation needed. I've never heard of anybody refer to the ToC as the "you-know-what" or anything.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 9:40:09 PM
At 2/25/2010 5:55:18 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 2/25/2010 4:26:50 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
some debaters refuse to even reference the tournament for fear that they too will be banned.

Citation needed. I've never heard of anybody refer to the ToC as the "you-know-what" or anything.

I will never reference the you-know-what. I fear for my account.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran