Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An interesting list

collegekitchen2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:39:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Threatened with a lawsuit by Phil:

User:Askbob -- User:PoeJoe -- Joshandr30

Mistakenly Banned:

Mongeese -- Mongoose -- User:Someonejohn
[edit] Banned then Unbanned/Returned from banishment:

Iamadragon / LightningRod / LeafRod -- Iamadragon was banned for "insulting other members", LightningRod was banned because he said the word, dick, originates from a French word associated with cleanliness and is also now synonymous for a body part cleaning device. This curse word was not directed at anyone what was merely a topic for discussion.

User:Usafkid1121 / BellumQuodPacis -- For votebombing

crackofdawn / Crackofdawn jr -- For daring to make a harmless joke about PoeJoe being threatened with a lawsuit.

User:I-am-a-panda -- For making fun of DATCMOTO with a fake account

TheLwerd / Lwerd / TheLwerd -- Because a user known as mongeese reported one of her comments because it "seemed report-worthy"

REFERENCE to mongeese's quote: http://ddofans.com... --->3rd comment on page, mongeese's first<---

Charlie Danger -- Banned Once for supposed multi accounting, after talking to Phil and saying that he didn't multi-account he was reinstated. Banned a second time when he was thought to have multi-accounted because his brother also had an account (See Radioactivepotatoeman).

Radioactivepotatoeman / HandsomePete -- Charlie Danger's brother banned for trolling, making fake/stupid debates, and possibly for multi-accounting and vote bombing although this is unconfirmed

Nags -- For calling ReaganFan's argument on this debate ""I find it sad that you don't understand how tragically illogical and stupid your argument was."" which was considered by Phil to be a "Insulting Other Member(s)" More details can be found at Nags Banning

1337Hal - leet4A1 - Supposedly violated the TOS when defending the site from 2 trolls.

The_Conservative -- Banned, but returned as THE_CONSERVATIVE_remix.

Lovebite -- Banned, probably for her profile picture of her giving the middle finger.

Freedomaniac -- Banned for unknown reason, later returned as FREEDO.
[edit] Banned Then Left:

Vi_Veri - For leaving the following comment: ""Anyone who has to mention Obama's middle name when criticizing him is clearly sucking Bill O'Reilly's d1ck." on this debate[1]

Manpower - For insulting members, using offensive ethnic slurs, cursing at members, and being a troll.

LR4N6FTW4EVA -- For daring to create a thread that called out the admins for doing nothing about joshandr30

scissorhands7 = askbob

scissorhands7 -- For copying LR4N6FTW4EVA's forum post and recreating it after Phil deleted it.

User:Askbob -- For rickrolling members, asking women to post tits or gtfo, cursing, and anything else that Phil deemed "Inappropriate" culminating with making fun of Maya9 for being a devil worshiper.

--Doug funny, Austin Powers, Captain Planet, themed names -- Kept making them after Phil successively banned the previous

--Forum Moderator -- Banned after posing as the forum moderator and telling joshandr30 (I think?) that he was banned etc.

BrandonClark -- Vote bombing then fixing it, then trolling

Dnick94 -- No clue this is a mystery, fill in the blanks here

Joshandr30 -- for creating a bazillion multi-accounts and repeatedly trolling and vote bombing over a 5-6 month (i think) time period

CiRrO -- For creating multiple accounts (some think CirRo = Joshandr30)

Water123 -- One of the original vote bombers

Maya9 -- For getting snippy with Askbob after he repeatedly harassed her for worshiping the devil.

ReganFan -- For insults, multi-accounting, and trolling.

funnybrad333 -- Currently unknown

Manutdredseal46 - Nobody -- For votebombing at the instructions of Joshandr30 in the CWO 3.0

TikoTron -- for telling dead baby jokes in general chat
collegekitchen2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:45:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 4:41:24 PM, Nags wrote:
I've called the past 5 mafia games "retarded" or "stupid" despite the originality employed in each game

Yeah you're pretty good at picking out interesting things dood.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:50:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You know, I disagree very much with the vast majority of the bans that WebCorp commits. But honestly, you're not going to change WC. It isn't too hard to try to follow the TOS. Granted, WC often takes the TOS too seriously, but, for example, your actions, askbob, on any forum, would be considered bannable of offenses, as well. You often act like you don't know why you keep on getting banned.

Furthermore, that list is pretty slanted, both in the wording and the research. For example, the list fails to mention that l33t posted a picture of a woman giving a blowjob.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:51:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 4:45:17 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
At 2/25/2010 4:41:24 PM, Nags wrote:
I've called the past 5 mafia games "retarded" or "stupid" despite the originality employed in each game

Yeah you're pretty good at picking out interesting things dood.

1. I never said that.
2. Since when does original equal good?
3. You're a tool for your fictional quotes.
4. You spelt dude wrong.
collegekitchen2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:55:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 4:51:11 PM, Nags wrote:
1. I never said that.
I've ready every page of every mafia game, you've insulted the last couple by calling them stupid or retarded.

2. Since when does original equal good?
That statement says enough about your personality
3. You're a tool for your fictional quotes.
tool is a word that was used in the 90's. Keep it there.
4. You spelt dude wrong.
NO RLLY?
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 4:58:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 4:55:36 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
At 2/25/2010 4:51:11 PM, Nags wrote:
1. I never said that.
I've ready every page of every mafia game, you've insulted the last couple by calling them stupid or retarded.

"I've called the past 5 mafia games"

Couple = Two. Two =/= Five.

2. Since when does original equal good?
That statement says enough about your personality

Nice rebuttal.

3. You're a tool for your fictional quotes.
tool is a word that was used in the 90's. Keep it there.

Wasn't aware.

4. You spelt dude wrong.
NO RLLY?

Yes, really.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 4:56:45 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
At 2/25/2010 4:50:51 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
on any forum
You mean like Newgrounds.com?

You have quite a memory! :P

I don't go on Newgrounds very much nowadays. There was a gritty quality to flash at its genesis that no longer exists in today's professional flash world. Because of this and other reasons, flash doesn't interest me as much.

Protip: Forums with freedom of speech, they exist.

I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:04:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.

* I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursed out everyone, and spammed the forums.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
collegekitchen2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:04:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I don't go on Newgrounds very much nowadays. There was a gritty quality to flash at its genesis that no longer exists in today's professional flash world. Because of this and other reasons, flash doesn't interest me as much.

Really, I thought that was because you were banned from that site?
I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.

Clearly you can't think of one. You don't respect forums who have freedom of speech. How could you possibly think of a forum that has freedom speech that is respectable if you don't respect freedom of speech.

That statement made no sense.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:18:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:04:16 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
At 2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I don't go on Newgrounds very much nowadays. There was a gritty quality to flash at its genesis that no longer exists in today's professional flash world. Because of this and other reasons, flash doesn't interest me as much.

Really, I thought that was because you were banned from that site?

Huh? I've never been banned from Newgrounds.

I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.

Clearly you can't think of one. You don't respect forums who have freesdom of speech. How could you possibly think of a forum that has freedom speech that is respectable if you don't respect freedom of speech.

That statement made no sense.

I respect freedom of speech. On a privately owned debate site in which it has been explicitly stated not to post explicit sexual imagery, though, I think it's pretty hard to defend posting a blowjob picture, cursing everyone out, and spamming the forums. Hell...I think it'd be hard to defend a blowjob, a profanity-laced diatribe, and graffiti happening all at once on a public street in real life! Public decency laws prevent sex acts on public property, you know.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
collegekitchen2
Posts: 51
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:25:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:18:10 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I think it's pretty hard to defend posting a blowjob picture
Its a natural process, what's with your repulsion of that?

cursing everyone out
Cursing is a set of made up words dictated by society's opinion.

And you're telling me you actually care about that?

Darn, shoot, wussy, frick, fuggin, fug you, etc. How are they any different than the real ones?

spamming the forums.
Since when is spam considered freedom of speech?

I think all spammers should be banned as well.

Hell...I think it'd be hard to defend a blowjob, a profanity-laced diatribe, and graffiti happening all at once on a public street in real life! Public decency laws prevent sex acts on public property, you know.

http://citynoise.org...
http://wtfisalol.com...
http://streetfiles.org...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:30:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:25:24 PM, collegekitchen2 wrote:
At 2/25/2010 5:18:10 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I think it's pretty hard to defend posting a blowjob picture
Its a natural process, what's with your repulsion of that?

I am not repulsed by such a picture. But still, it's not something that is accepted on almost all respectable forums

cursing everyone out
Cursing is a set of made up words dictated by society's opinion.

And you're telling me you actually care about that?

Darn, shoot, wussy, frick, fuggin, fug you, etc. How are they any different than the real ones?

Again, I don't personally have a problem with curse words. Still, when used angrily--in addition to posting porn and spamming a forum--one should expect to be banned.

spamming the forums.
Since when is spam considered freedom of speech?

I think all spammers should be banned as well.

Hell...I think it'd be hard to defend a blowjob, a profanity-laced diatribe, and graffiti happening all at once on a public street in real life! Public decency laws prevent sex acts on public property, you know.

http://citynoise.org...
http://wtfisalol.com...
http://streetfiles.org...

And I think that that should be illegal, too.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2010 11:59:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.

Just for the record, I think those actions by Leet were a response to his initial banning, rather than being the cause of it.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2010 12:05:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/27/2010 11:59:33 AM, feverish wrote:
At 2/25/2010 5:00:59 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

I can think of no respectable forum that would not ban a member who posted an explicit picture of a woman giving blowjob, cursing out everyone, and spamming the forums.

Just for the record, I think those actions by Leet were a response to his initial banning, rather than being the cause of it.

Right, but they were the reason he wasn't allowed to have his old account back.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:08:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:06:55 PM, badger wrote:
I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs.

Who are you?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:10:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:08:22 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:06:55 PM, badger wrote:
I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs.

Who are you?

I'm badger?
signature
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:13:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:10:33 PM, badger wrote:
I'm badger?

You joined one hour ago, yet: "I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs." Explain.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:22:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The only thing that irks me about these bannings is the fact that Phil doesn't give a sh-t about this site in terms of making it a better experience for regulars and newcomers alike, so why does he care about a few curse words? Granted posting pics of a BJ may be taking it a bit far, but it's naive to think that people aren't going to hurl insults at each other on a debate site like this. We're not in a public forum and this isn't some important site that the world at large takes seriously. It's no wonder that common courtesy and sometimes being proper or appropriate takes a back seat to discussion. Most people here are friggin teenagers - what do you expect?! Phil has said that he wants to keep this site clean so it can be "kid friendly" but how many kids (GaGa aside) actually come here to debate? And what harm is a little profanity? His expectations are idealistic and unnecessary. Unnecessary for obvious reasons, and idealistic because there's really nothing he can do if we don't comply (see: askbob).
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:26:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:13:04 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:10:33 PM, badger wrote:
I'm badger?

You joined one hour ago, yet: "I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs." Explain.

I'm easily interested and jump to conlusions without needing any information.
signature
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:28:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:26:06 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:13:04 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:10:33 PM, badger wrote:
I'm badger?

You joined one hour ago, yet: "I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs." Explain.

I'm easily interested and jump to conlusions without needing any information.

Nice to see you back, beem0r.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:30:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:28:03 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:26:06 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:13:04 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/28/2010 3:10:33 PM, badger wrote:
I'm badger?

You joined one hour ago, yet: "I thought it was an interesting list. This site has gone to the dogs." Explain.

I'm easily interested and jump to conlusions without needing any information.

Nice to see you back, beem0r.

It's good to be back.
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:34:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
A better policy would be to weigh each banning on an individual basis. For instance, if someone keeps harassing members then they deserve to be banned... and by harass, I don't mean insult and curse at them. I mean to attack someone inappropriately on regular basis. Or, perhaps Phil could research the content of the offenses. For instance, Vi's post containing the word d-ck ... which wasn't even spelled out, btw, it had a little "1" for the i ... was a retaliation to some pretty messed up things that someone before her had said. As such, it's obvious that her intention wasn't to be an a-sshole but rather a defense. To ban someone who has been here for 2 years and contributed heavily to the site is just really retarded.

Similarly, I know some people aren't a fan of Askbob and admittedly he can be a real jacka-ss sometimes BUT I think a lot of that is simply in retaliation to how he's been treated. Yes, he can be inappropriate, rude, etc. but SO ARE MOST PEOPLE HERE. Granted I am not a huge fan of Debate Fans and I'll be the first one to tell you that I think the site is inappropriate (privacy violations), mean spirited and frankly unnecessary. However, you can't deny the fact that Askbob in particular has put a LOT of work into that site.

So regardless of what I think about it, it proves his appreciation of this site and in return he gets treated like an a-sshole from the moderator. It's not cool. I know he and Phil got off on the wrong foot but if this site wasn't so strict it would have never happened in the first place. So, I guess in conclusion I'm glad it's not COMPLETELY free speech (I hate hate hate places like 4chan) but at the same time... let's just all be adults and stop pretending an F word here or there really matters. Because we all get away with it anyway. Saying "Ef Yew See Kay You!" and being banned when you can say the same thing as "**** You!" and not get banned is just silly.
President of DDO
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:36:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You know, this might be solved if we had some members who had the power to investigate on an "individual basis" and could make a proper decision as whether or not to ban, instead of doing what Phil does, and simply ban on the basis of whether or not something is reported, without looking at the rest of the situation. I think these are called moderators.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 3:39:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 3:36:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
You know, this might be solved if we had some members who had the power to investigate on an "individual basis" and could make a proper decision as whether or not to ban, instead of doing what Phil does, and simply ban on the basis of whether or not something is reported, without looking at the rest of the situation. I think these are called moderators.

I've been noticing that the community's want for reform goes through cycles: for about a month we'll be apathetic, and then for a month we'll be annoyed, and then for a month we'll openly ask for reform, and so on. Am I wrong on this?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...