Jump to topic:

In light of Airmax being Bladerunner

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:27:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I honestly never really considered this a possibility, at least all that seriously. But with Mikal's pretty damning evidence of late, which is more than likely real (look at the quality of the post -- it's clearly not photoshopped), I really have to believe that Airmax really is Bladerunner.

Now, I'm not going to be wrongly presumptuous and make arguments a to why Airmax did it, because that would be inductive logic (which would be poor here). But considering Airmax's track record, I think that it's only fair that we stay behind him. Despite this multi-account episode, I think that Airmax should hold onto his positions, because he has the site's best interest at heart, and he has been doing a fantastic job.

Yes, I'm sure that everyone feels wronged after this episode, but let's do what is best for the site. Does anyone have any counter-points, in regards to my view? I mean, I could understand that he loses presidency, but he's done an amazing job as a moderator. Let's try to be reasonable about this, instead of reacting viscerally.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:39:51 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:27:21 PM, Zarroette wrote:
I honestly never really considered this a possibility, at least all that seriously. But with Mikal's pretty damning evidence of late, which is more than likely real (look at the quality of the post -- it's clearly not photoshopped), I really have to believe that Airmax really is Bladerunner.

Now, I'm not going to be wrongly presumptuous and make arguments a to why Airmax did it, because that would be inductive logic (which would be poor here). But considering Airmax's track record, I think that it's only fair that we stay behind him. Despite this multi-account episode, I think that Airmax should hold onto his positions, because he has the site's best interest at heart, and he has been doing a fantastic job.

Yes, I'm sure that everyone feels wronged after this episode, but let's do what is best for the site. Does anyone have any counter-points, in regards to my view? I mean, I could understand that he loses presidency, but he's done an amazing job as a moderator. Let's try to be reasonable about this, instead of reacting viscerally.

Based on interactions that I've had with both of them, I'd say it's pretty unlikely unless it's a shared/hacked accout. But SNTT.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:42:14 PM

The only justice is swift justice... public stocks followed by hanging.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:42:30 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:39:51 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

Based on interactions that I've had with both of them, I'd say it's pretty unlikely unless it's a shared/hacked accout. But SNTT.

Have you seen Mikal's video?

Besides, if he really wanted to seem legitimate, I'm sure Airmax would go to great length to keep this a secret, which I suppose could involve multiple personalities.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:43:50 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:43:54 PM
While this is clearly satirical, if what is being joked about was actually true (that I've been blatantly lying and being as manipulative as is required to pull such a thing off) then I would be the first on the deport Airmax bandwagon.
Debate.org Moderator
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:44:41 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:42:14 PM, Geogeer wrote:

The only justice is swift justice... public stocks followed by hanging.

Please take this seriously. Are you not outraged with this new discovery? I mean, I am, but I have to keep myself calm, so that we can reach a reasonable conclusion. This is a serious issue.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:46:27 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:43:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
While this is clearly satirical, if what is being joked about was actually true (that I've been blatantly lying and being as manipulative as is required to pull such a thing off) then I would be the first on the deport Airmax bandwagon.

With all due respect, you have already confirmed that you are multi-accounting, as shown in Mikal's video. We are now trying to reach a reasonable conclusion. Please do not derail the thread.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:50:02 PM

Here! Here! I concur :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:51:28 PM

If you posted this last night when some people actually bought it (simpletons........alright, alright, I bought it!), this would be more believable. Now it's just an old joke.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:51:46 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:50:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Oh good :)

And thank you for taking this seriously. This needs to be discussed.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:52:12 PM

VTL bsh1

(Yup, trying this again!)
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:52:51 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:51:28 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

If you posted this last night when some people actually bought it (simpletons........alright, alright, I bought it!), this would be more believable. Now it's just an old joke.
You: http://img0.joyreactor.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:52:55 PM

Did you not see Mikal's video? How do you photoshop a video? I mean, I genuinely don't know how you could. If I've got this wrong, please tell me how.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:53:27 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:42:30 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Besides, if he really wanted to seem legitimate, I'm sure Airmax would go to great length to keep this a secret, which I suppose could involve multiple personalities.

I saw it, but I I don't see why it couldn't have been Photoshoped, or a hack. Either of those seem more plausible.
Also it wasn't Airmax's style really, especially with the repetitive 'I really like my job' it sounded more like a prank.

This creating multiple personalities thing really would seem to require quite a bit of effort, and what for? I see no plausible motive for this.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:54:00 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:52:55 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Did you not see Mikal's video? How do you photoshop a video? I mean, I genuinely don't know how you could. If I've got this wrong, please tell me how.

Ok, I'm a really gullible person, but come on, Zarroette (spelled it right again without looking!): you know this is a sham, lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:54:11 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:51:46 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Oh good :)

And thank you for taking this seriously. This needs to be discussed.

It does.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:54:50 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:52:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

It wasn't a joke. I actually suspect bsh of being scum for bandwagoning, a common scum tell.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:55:37 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:53:27 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 7/16/2014 11:42:30 PM, Zarroette wrote:

I saw it, but I I don't see why it couldn't have been Photoshoped, or a hack. Either of those seem more plausible.

Is it easy to do those things? I mean, it's a video. How do you photoshop a video?

Also it wasn't Airmax's style really, especially with the repetitive 'I really like my job' it sounded more like a prank.

I suppose he was quite emotionally, especially coming out after all that time. I've spoken to him multiple times, and he really does like his job.

This creating multiple personalities thing really would seem to require quite a bit of effort, and what for? I see no plausible motive for this.

He gets to be president and moderator at the same time.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:55:56 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:54:50 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

It wasn't a joke. I actually suspect bsh of being scum for bandwagoning, a common scum tell.

http://www.pleated-jeans.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:56:49 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:54:00 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Ok, I'm a really gullible person, but come on, Zarroette (spelled it right again without looking!): you know this is a sham, lol.

How do you know? Am I missing something obvious?

And thank you for spelling my name correctly :)
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:57:07 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:55:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Note to self: Esocial and bsh are scum buddies. Lynch Esocial next day phase (posting this here so my town partners can reference this after I get night killed.)
~JohnMaynardKeynes

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:57:34 PM
I stand with Bossy. Til the end.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:58:04 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:56:49 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 7/16/2014 11:54:00 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

How do you know? Am I missing something obvious?

And thank you for spelling my name correctly :)

Ok, I was tempted to actually answer your question, but last night YYW told me I was literally the only person taking that whole conspiracy seriously. So I'm not going to cave this time, lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:58:57 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:57:07 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Note to self: Esocial and bsh are scum buddies. Lynch Esocial next day phase (posting this here so my town partners can reference this after I get night killed.)

http://cdn.clotureclub.com...
<3 u
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:59:55 PM
At 7/16/2014 11:58:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

<3 u

Ouch....

Well, screw life!

/wrists (Now I sound like Mikal...)
~JohnMaynardKeynes

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 12:01:11 AM
At 7/16/2014 11:57:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

<3
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 12:02:07 AM
At 7/17/2014 12:01:11 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/16/2014 11:57:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

<3

#dontstandwithbossy #standwithrand #nevermind #hesucks
~JohnMaynardKeynes

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 12:02:29 AM
At 7/16/2014 11:59:55 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 7/16/2014 11:58:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

<3 u

Ouch....

Well, screw life!

/wrists (Now I sound like Mikal...)
???!!! WHEN DID MIKAL SAY THAT???!!!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY