Jump to topic:

Adios, Amigos. Thanks to you all.

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:06:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would like to thank everyone for a truly wonderful time here. All 75 of my debates have been great, especially that one with thett3. In just 6 months (two months were inactive) you guys accepted me as a good user, and I thank you for that. But, I have lost interest in debating. I am turning my studies not to writing, but to both designing and studying microbiology.

The share of culture has been magnificent, from the lovely chats between bsh1 and YYW, the rants and arguments about God, and the nice, descriptive chats about which religion is correct. This site has truly opened my mind. Until I joined, I did not think that Creationism even existed, or that so many people believed it. Before I joined this site, I was ignorant to subjects such as abortion, the death penalty, etc. But now, I am able to choose sides and hopefully it will help me in the future.

Thanks to this site, I now know opinions around the world and can listen to them with great interest, which helps me greatly because, before this, I had no interest in listening to debates or much other stuff due to my severe hearing loss. But now, I can go forward and talk to others about how to make the world better. The high school I'm going to has a UN program, and I will probably join that.

Of course, this site wouldn't be what it is without a few fantastic members that both helped me and challenged me to go to my very highest. I have picked three of my most favorite members who have both discussed and helped me throughout my tenure on this great site.

Romanii: We share the same religious beliefs, and we have grown friends, as far as a simple Internet chat can go. Thank you for keeping me on this site, knowing there was religious intelligence out there, at least in my eyes. Without him, I wouldn't have been inspired to do many religious debates.

Bsh1: Without bsh1, my debating skills never would've improved. He showed me new points for gay marriage, and showed me both sides of subjects, even if I strongly believed in one. Last, he brought me great humor and entertainment through his chats and rants with YYW. Thank you for that :P

Thett3: Thett3 is an interesting guy. When I first joined, I did not have a good image of him, as he was sarcastic and (dare I say this?) dumb. But as I grew more experienced, I began to like him. Then, he accepted one of my debates and the death penalty. It was the greatest debate I have ever been a part of, and while I feel I did well, he did beat me. But that debate made me realize what was in me, if I had the courage to go up against a 19-year old who was great at debating. And now, I can debate anything with anyone. Thank you, thett.

And to cooldudebro, it was fun debating with you. But you do not have great traits to other people, and that is why I decided to leave you out. Plus, you never helped me too much.

So I leave with that message, and I thank all of you who stood by and read all that, and I wish the you the best in the days to come. As the title says, Adios, Amigos! :)
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:18:52 AM
At 7/22/2014 9:06:50 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
I would like to thank everyone for a truly wonderful time here. All 75 of my debates
I keep confusing you and daytona
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:19:48 AM
Good by my friend.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:36:35 AM
Awwwwwww <3
We'll miss you, dtaylor!
Thank you for being a part of this site :)
I wish you the best of luck in life! You'll do great ;)
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:37:30 AM
At 7/22/2014 9:36:35 AM, Romanii wrote:
Awwwwwww <3
Man up pvssy
We'll miss you, dtaylor!
Don't speak for me
I wish you the best of luck in life!
You'll do great ;)
No he wont
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:04:35 AM
At 7/22/2014 9:37:30 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Awwwwwww <3
Man up pvssy
-_-
We'll miss you, dtaylor!
Don't speak for me
You'll do great ;)
No he wont
Better than you anyway.

And you wonder why people don't like you?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:05:39 AM
I wish you the best of luck in life.
You will be missed on the site.
You had a lot of interesting debates and are a good member.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 4:43:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You should stay, plus you owe me a debate.

Thank you though for the compliments and the shout-out. You will definitely be missed <3
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:19:58 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:37:30 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Awwwwwww <3
Man up pvssy
We'll miss you, dtaylor!
Don't speak for me
You'll do great ;)
No he wont

lame.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 10:00:27 PM
We'll miss you! Feel free to come back whenever
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:38:32 PM
Adios mijo! Dues te abenco!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 3:05:03 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:06:50 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
I would like to thank everyone for a truly wonderful time here. All 75 of my debates have been great, especially that one with thett3. In just 6 months (two months were inactive) you guys accepted me as a good user, and I thank you for that. But, I have lost interest in debating. I am turning my studies not to writing, but to both designing and studying microbiology.

God daum it.

The share of culture has been magnificent, from the lovely chats between bsh1 and YYW, the rants and arguments about God, and the nice, descriptive chats about which religion is correct. This site has truly opened my mind. Until I joined, I did not think that Creationism even existed, or that so many people believed it. Before I joined this site, I was ignorant to subjects such as abortion, the death penalty, etc. But now, I am able to choose sides and hopefully it will help me in the future.

Thanks to this site, I now know opinions around the world and can listen to them with great interest, which helps me greatly because, before this, I had no interest in listening to debates or much other stuff due to my severe hearing loss. But now, I can go forward and talk to others about how to make the world better. The high school I'm going to has a UN program, and I will probably join that.

Good for you buddy! :)

Of course, this site wouldn't be what it is without a few fantastic members that both helped me and challenged me to go to my very highest. I have picked three of my most favorite members who have both discussed and helped me throughout my tenure on this great site.

Gonna miss ya!

Romanii: We share the same religious beliefs, and we have grown friends, as far as a simple Internet chat can go. Thank you for keeping me on this site, knowing there was religious intelligence out there, at least in my eyes. Without him, I wouldn't have been inspired to do many religious debates.

Bsh1: Without bsh1, my debating skills never would've improved. He showed me new points for gay marriage, and showed me both sides of subjects, even if I strongly believed in one. Last, he brought me great humor and entertainment through his chats and rants with YYW. Thank you for that :P

Thett3: Thett3 is an interesting guy. When I first joined, I did not have a good image of him, as he was sarcastic and (dare I say this?) dumb. But as I grew more experienced, I began to like him. Then, he accepted one of my debates and the death penalty. It was the greatest debate I have ever been a part of, and while I feel I did well, he did beat me. But that debate made me realize what was in me, if I had the courage to go up against a 19-year old who was great at debating. And now, I can debate anything with anyone. Thank you, thett.

And to cooldudebro, it was fun debating with you. But you do not have great traits to other people, and that is why I decided to leave you out. Plus, you never helped me too much.

Well F*** you too

So I leave with that message, and I thank all of you who stood by and read all that, and I wish the you the best in the days to come. As the title says, Adios, Amigos! :)

Adios. May fortune shine on your shoulders and guide you to new heights, and let your mind guide you to far away land of mystic and wonders. Adios D.J
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 3:28:23 PM
At 7/25/2014 3:12:52 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I actually left DDO for a few months. :P I wonder if anyone noticed?

I did. It never said you recently posted in the forums.
Ashton
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 3:31:00 PM
At 7/25/2014 3:28:23 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 7/25/2014 3:12:52 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
I actually left DDO for a few months. :P I wonder if anyone noticed?

I did. It never said you recently posted in the forums.

well thanks!