Jump to topic:

DDO App!

dynamicduodebaters
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:06:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sign with your username if you would like a DDO app to be made!

1: Jacob
2:
3:
4:
5:
DDD

Vote on my debates. Like this one!

"That moment where you're bored and want to do a debate, then you're doing four all at once."-Vedney
dynamicduodebaters
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:10:13 PM
Oops! I meant to say this:

If you would like a DDO app, sign your DDO username below:

1: DDD
DDD

"That moment where you're bored and want to do a debate, then you're doing four all at once."-Vedney
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:19:14 PM
This has been brought up several times, but it could never be feasible.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dynamicduodebaters
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:24:58 PM
At 7/22/2014 5:19:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Just keep trying though...
DDD

ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:41:33 PM
At 7/22/2014 5:19:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Why?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:00:27 PM
It's no that the app making itself isn't feasable. It's just not likely that juggle will actually make one.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
dynamicduodebaters
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 10:29:41 AM
At 7/23/2014 10:00:27 PM, Zaradi wrote:
It's no that the app making itself isn't feasable. It's just not likely that juggle will actually make one.

Oh that's a shame....
DDD

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 11:58:30 AM
At 7/24/2014 10:29:41 AM, dynamicduodebaters wrote:

Oh that's a shame....

It's understandable though. It would have to be a bit of an undertaking for them that would cost them time and money. And it's a product that, let's face it, they would be marketing off for free to a few hundred people. In their eyes, not worth it.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:11:46 PM
At 7/24/2014 11:58:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Oh that's a shame....

It's understandable though. It would have to be a bit of an undertaking for them that would cost them time and money. And it's a product that, let's face it, they would be marketing off for free to a few hundred people. In their eyes, not worth it.

But consider the popularity of apps and how easily they are shared, maybe it could be a great tool for publicity and more users connected in the site.
dynamicduodebaters
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 7:04:10 PM
At 7/24/2014 5:11:46 PM, ArcTImes wrote:

Oh that's a shame....

But consider the popularity of apps and how easily they are shared, maybe it could be a great tool for publicity and more users connected in the site.

And you can always have ads on apps....That would make money. I am sure that people at least on the website would be willing to pay like a dollar for the app too if it costed money
DDD

ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 7:16:39 PM
At 7/24/2014 7:04:10 PM, dynamicduodebaters wrote:

Oh that's a shame....

And you can always have ads on apps....That would make money. I am sure that people at least on the website would be willing to pay like a dollar for the app too if it costed money

No, I'm poor. I can't pay that dollar. lol
But donations could may be fine.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 7:31:27 PM

Oh that's a shame....

All fine in theory but in reality I don't see many people searching for a "online debate" app who isn't already on the site. Maybe a small margin of people but a) most certainly not large enough of an advertising boon to make it worthwhile, and b) I'd argue it'd only further be pandering the site to the wrong audience but this goes all the way back to the polls and opinions stuff that's long since been beaten to death.

Also, it's rare for juggle to actually release an update for a site they already have developed. We're talking a seriously long time before, assuming they started developing it today, before I would expect to see it out.

Also, the ad revenue would be negligible. If the ad revenue coming off the main site doesn't give them enough to splurge on updates, I don't see phone ads doing much better.

It's been on the list of things we'd like to see for years now. I don't see anything changing anytime soon.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 7:56:47 PM
At 7/24/2014 7:31:27 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Oh that's a shame....

All fine in theory but in reality I don't see many people searching for a "online debate" app who isn't already on the site. Maybe a small margin of people but a) most certainly not large enough of an advertising boon to make it worthwhile, and b) I'd argue it'd only further be pandering the site to the wrong audience but this goes all the way back to the polls and opinions stuff that's long since been beaten to death.

Also, it's rare for juggle to actually release an update for a site they already have developed. We're talking a seriously long time before, assuming they started developing it today, before I would expect to see it out.

Also, the ad revenue would be negligible. If the ad revenue coming off the main site doesn't give them enough to splurge on updates, I don't see phone ads doing much better.

It's been on the list of things we'd like to see for years now. I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

Sure, I understand. It's not like I was saying "Hey look, look all these advantages" and expect them to do it just because.
And sure, maybe people won't search "online debate app", although there are some that are really bad, but they may search for some debate apps, like the one that can help you control your timers in a irl debate.