Jump to topic:

Attack on DDO EPISODE NINE

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:48:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Goddamnit, the screw stripped." YYW muttered to himself, gripping the small screw between two of his fingers and pulling it out with a slight grunt of effort. One of the walkie-talkies had gone bad on them during the last mission inside the city, and he was doing whatever he could to try and salvage it and make it working again. So far with little success. He had been going at it for a few hours now, and it had consumed so much of his attention that he didn"t notice Bsh approach.

"YYW." Bsh just said simply, dragging his attention away from the walkie-talkie issues and back to reality. YYW took a second to study Bsh, noticing the look of concern in his eyes, a nervous, downward tilt of his lip. "It"s been three days. Mikal still hasn"t come back."

YYW let out a small sigh, looking back down at the walkie-talkie, while his mind wandered to anything but the device. The claim that Mikal hadn"t been back in the three days since he stormed off, the three days since zmikecuber died was untrue. Small caches of ammunition and empty magazines would disappear during the nights, only to reappear before dawn, cleaned and loaded for use. Mikal was around, but choosing not to return to the group.

YYW had decided to keep this knowledge to himself, though. "I know." He replied simply, picking up a new screw and turning it in place inside the walkie-talkie. Bsh waited for a bit, not sure whether that was the only response he would be getting. "Aren"t you worried about him?" he asked carefully, not wanting to offend the soldier.

YYW hung his head down at that, not knowing how to come back from that. Of course he cared about his own brother. Mikal was the only family he had left now that Jifpop killed his dad and his mom"s been gone for"years now. With Mikal now gone to who knows where, YYW, for the first time in a long time, felt lost as to what to do.

Bsh noticed the long look on YYW"s face, smiling and gave the soldier a pat on the shoulder. "We"ll be fine on our own for a bit. Go look for him."

YYW thought about the proposition for a little bit, mulling over the minor details of searching and leaving the hideout for an extended period of time, before nodding. "You sure you"ll be okay while I"m gone?" YYW asked, grabbing a pistol and his backpack. Bsh just looked at him plainly, getting a defensive reaction from YYW. "Okay, okay! I"ll go look for him!" YYW finished, walking out of the hideout and into the open. He had a hunch on where his brother would be.

---

YYW"s hunch was right. A few miles of a hike away, YYW watched the outline of his brother moving back and forth between a tree and a small hidey-hole in a rock wall, carrying boxes of ammo after wiping some of the morning dew off of them. "What are you doing out here?" YYW called out, walking down the slope to get to him. Mikal paused for a bit, hearing the voice of his brother for the first time in a few days, clearly not expecting it, before going back to his route. "Just moving some of the ammo out of the open, keeping it dry." Mikal responded plainly, getting an annoyed sigh out of YYW. "Yeah Mikal, that"s really where we need you right now." YYW objected passive-aggressively, which pissed off Mikal. "You really want to do this right now?" Mikal said, turning around and facing his older brother down. "Yeah, let"s do this right now." YYW responded, meeting the challenge of his brother. "You screwed up on the mission, and instead of facing your screw up you ran away when we needed you to help"", "Spare me the bullsh*t. I"ve been gone for three days. Three days!" Mikal shouted, shoving three fingers into YYW"s chest to emphasize the time. "When mom died, you left for six years." Mikal finished, the aggressive, arrogant tone gone from his voice, replaced by a more passive, wounded voice. "Dad just buried himself in his work and was never home and when I looked for you for what I should do, you weren"t even here. You were off in some f*cking foreign place, and I had no one."

That"s when it finally hit YYW what this was all about. This wasn"t about some silly bit of missing ammo, or not playing a specific role on a mission. This was about the distant past, a lost childhood to pain and misery. Mikal looked up to him, and there was no one to look up to because he couldn"t face the fact that his mom was gone. And because he chose to run instead of face the truth, Mikal suffered and didn"t have anyone to turn to. This was his fault, and he had to fix it.

"I know, I know Mikal. We were all hurting after Mom died and when you needed me the most, I wasn"t there. And I"m sorry. I"m really, really sorry. It was wrong of me to leave you like that. But I need you to be stronger than I was. I need you to be able to rub some dirt on it, and get back into the fight. You"re the only family I have left, now that Dad"s gone, and if I don"t have you"" YYW just trailed off a bit, just shaking his head and trying to keep his emotions in check. He took a few deep breaths, trying to desperately steady himself, before continuing. "And if I don"t have you, I got nothing left. I need you with me to keep going."

Mikal seemed visibly shaken by the outburst of emotion, as if he wasn"t expecting that as a response. A few minutes of icy silence passed by, neither side saying a thing, moving an inch. Mikal was the first to break the ice, letting out a deep breath before punching YYW square across the jaw. YYW recoiled from the shock, not expecting the full force punch. "Now we both have things to rub dirt on." Mikal finished. YYW rubbed his jaw a bit, laughing softly at his brother"s version of conflict resolution. "Come on. Help me carry all this ammo back to the hideout." Mikal said, picking up a few boxes in his arms.

---

The arrival back was less awkward than YYW had anticipated. Everyone was relatively happy to see Mikal return back, safe and sound. Even Esocial gave him a hug when he came back, catching Mikal off guard. Things were slowly starting to return to normal, after what seemed like a long time of living from day-to-day.

"I"m gonna go on a walk. Make sure everything"s clear and we"re still alone out here. Anyone wanna come with?" YYW finally announced, picking up a rifle and slinging it over his shoulder. "I"ll come with you. Are we leaving now?" Bsh said, getting up and picking up his own rifle. YYW smiled a bit at his companion, gesturing to the exit of the hideout. "Right now if you"re ready." Bsh nodded that he was ready, and the pair walked out of the hideout.

---

--->
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:52:15 PM
--->

The patrol was boring, as usual, which was a good sign. There were no traces of signs of anyone else having been in the woods around them, so it was highly likely that the hideout was still off the radar. YYW refocused his attention, scanning the area around him before stepping up onto the abandoned rail line, Bsh right behind him. "Take a break?" YYW offered, taking a seat down on the tracks. Bsh smiled, his breathing sounding a little winded, before sitting down next to him. "Thanks. Was it very hard to find Mikal when you went looking for him?" Bsh asked, trying to make conversation. YYW shook his head. "Not really. I figured he couldn"t have been that far away if he was taking ammo from our stash every night and returning it in the morning. All it took was a short little scan of the area around the hideout." Bsh nodded a little, shrugging. "Mikal told me a little about what you talked about. Your mom was a great person. I remember back when our families went camping together and she would have us sing those silly campfire songs. It was a lot of fun." Bsh said reminiscently, scooting a little closer to the marine, who shrugged. "Yeah. I was usually too busy trying to keep everyone in line. For some reason my mom thought I was the best person to leave in charge of all the kids." YYW joked off-handedly, which got a laugh out of Bsh. "Or too busy fending of girls. Remember when Alyssa would not stop hitting on you?" Bsh asked, which got a confused look on YYW"s face. "Alyssa? I don"t remember"" he said slowly. "Blonde hair? Bright red lipstick? Always smelled like hairspray?" Bsh prompted, the hairspray comment causing YYW to chuckle. "Oh yeah, I remember her. Really short bob haircut. Didn"t you copy that all through highschool?" YYW teased, causing a slight red tint to coat Bsh"s face. "Yeah"it looked kind of bad"" Bsh recalled, which only made YYW laugh harder. "Yeah, it really did." YYW teased further, prompting a playful punch on his shoulder from Bsh. "Hey, at least I got rid of it after you let everyone know you weren"t into girls." Bsh retorted, looking up at YYW, who looked back at Bsh with an interested look. "I didn"t think you paid attention to that." YYW said, a little surprised by that. Bsh smiled a bit and nodded. "Of course I did. It was about you."

The two looked at each other for a few moments, words not passing between the two of them. Bsh took that moment to lean his head in closer, and closer, and closer. YYW felt his head leaning in as well, and he laughed at himself mentally. In the middle of a disaster when they"re fighting for their lives on a daily basis, he"s taking a moment to rekindle a highschool romance. It was childish, but it also just felt right.

Their faces were inches away. "Am I really going to kiss him?" YYW asked himself, already knowing the answer.

Wwwwhhhrrrrrr"..

A noise in the background grabbed YYW"s attention just before their lips met, making him look up to the sky. "Did you hear that?" he asked curiously, trying to figure out what the noise was. Bsh shook his head, his face bright red from embarrassment.

YYW shook his head, wracking his brain for anything that would tell him what that noise was. It sounded so familiar, something he"d heard many times before, he just had to remember from where"

WWWHHHHHHRRRR"

YYW cursed. "Mortars! Run!"

The pair had moments to get off of the rail tracks before they blew up behind them, knocking them down and leaving the area they were just sitting on a smoldering ruin. YYW picked himself up before helping Bsh off the ground. "Come on! We gotta get back to the hideout!"

---

The run back to the hideout was a hectic one, neither stopping for breath. It felt like an eternity of dodging mortar shells before they arrived at the hideout a few minutes later to find chaos. The rest of the group was running around the hideout, trying to pack and grab whatever they could. "Guys! Get what you can and get out the back! We gotta move!" YYW shouted as loud as he could, barely being able to be heard over the sound of the bombs as multiple shells finally impacted the hideout, sending everything into anarchy.

YYW laid on the ground for a few minutes, trying to get the wind back into his lungs. He coughed a few times as the air came back to him, then sat up and looked around the hideout to see absolute disaster and horror.

Everything had been tossed around by the explosions, turning the hideout into a fiery-shrapnel filled mess. YYW looked over to his left a little to see Esocial"s legs, and nothing else. The rest was hidden under the Humvee that flipped over and crushed her. No way in hell she was getting out from that. A slight coughing/gagging noise from behind YYW finally registered, as YYW turned to see Wylted pinned up against the wall by a large piece of sheet metal through the chest. The coughing only lasted a few more moments before his body went limp, his final breath exiting his lips.

"YYW! YYW! Where are you man!?" YYW heard his brother shout over the chaos, running over to him and helping him up. "Thank god you"re okay. Come on, we gotta go!" Mikal shouted, picking up whatever stuff they could find and starting toward the back exit.

"Endarkened! Endarkened come on man! Get up!" Thett kept shouting, oblivious to Robert and Bsh trying to shake him out of it as well as the very obvious cave-in in the back of Endarkened"s head that exposed bone and brain matter. "Thett! It"s too late! Come on we gotta go!" Robert kept shouting to him, only finally getting his attention by slapping him across the face. "Dude, what the hell!?" Thett said, finally looking down at Endarkened"s head and seeing what the rest of the group was seeing. "Oh sh*t"" he said, taking a shaky breath in before getting up. "We gotta get out of here!"

YYW nodded, making sure that everyone else was carrying whatever they could get. The losses from this attack were brutal, but they had to keep going. "Alright! We"re getting out of here! Let"s go!"

---

It had been only a few hours since the hideout had been bombed, only a few hours since they"d lost almost half of their group. They had made a temporary camp with what they got out of the hideout before they ran in a small clearing a ways away from the abandoned mine, but it was hardly the same.

It was starting to get late and YYW just wasn"t able to sleep. He had already excused himself from the rest of the group and wandered a little ways off, just sitting off on his own in his own thoughts. He was trying to think of some way, any way forward from this. But most of their supplies were lost in the attack, as well as losing multiple people as well. There wasn"t really anyone left they could turn to for help in the city. From the looks of things, that bombing took them pretty out of commission for a while.

YYW was so deep in his thoughts that he didn"t notice Mikal coming up from behind him until he had sat down next to his older brother. The two just sat there for a few moments, not doing anything to break the silence. "You should get some sleep." YYW finally said after a minute. "Can"t sleep." Mikal replied simply. YYW couldn"t really blame him. "The rest of the group is really shook up. They were talking about calling it quits." Mikal said simply, after a few more moments of silence between the two. "And what do you think?" YYW asked, almost scared to hear the answer. Mikal let out a half-hearted snort, as if the question amused him. A few more moments of quiet. "Rub some dirt on it." Mikal finally said, which brought a small smile to YYW"s face. "Come on, let"s head back."

--->
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:53:46 PM
--->

Bsh woke up in the morning to a confusing thought. He could"ve sworn he heard a noise, but he wasn"t quite sure what it was. Probably just a rabbit or something scurrying through the brushes, but he couldn"t really afford to take that chance right about now.

Another noise came from behind him. Bsh jerked his head around, seeing absolutely nothing but paranoia. He shook his head, slowly picking up his rifle and standing up, scanning around him slowly. He was sure that something was near him now, he just wasn"t sure what. He really wished that the rest of the group was here, and that he wasn"t the one who had lookout duty "till morning that left him away from the main group. Another noise came from Bsh"s left, and he turned to look at a thick area of bushes before---

A rough force slammed into his back, knocking him to the ground and knocking the rifle out of his hands. Bsh hit the ground hard, seeing two more figures emerge from the brush, rifles pointed at him as a third was on top of him, trying to pin his arms behind his back. Bsh squirmed and resisted as much as he could. "Get off of me you a**hat! Get off of me!" Bsh shouted, only to have his mouth covered by a hand. "Jesus, stop moving!" the person restraining him said.

"I think that"s our line. Now drop your weapons."

The three figures looked up to see YYW and Thett pointing rifles at the trio. Classic and Mikal came out from a treeline to the right, guns raised as well. A small curse came from the man on top of Bsh before he got up slowly. Bsh took that moment to get up off the ground quickly, picking up his gun and leveling it at the three attackers.

The three attackers slowly lowered their rifles, their hands raised. "Look, we"re not here looking for trouble." The one who had been restraining Bsh said. "I"m Sergeant bladerunner. This is Sergeant Ore_ele and Corporal TUF. We"re part of the DDO Marines. Stationed out of the Economics Forums." YYW didn"t make any moves to lower his weapon, but the idea made sense: there was a rather large base there. "We were looking for a group of insurgents working the area. Ever heard of the DDO Elite?" bladerunner continued. "Yeah, we"ve heard of them." Classic said simply. "What, you looking to help them out or something?" Bsh asked, unable to mask the slightly venomous tone of having been tackled. Bladerunner let out a soft sigh, shaking his head. "No, we were hoping they could help us out."

The rest of the group waited, Mikal even looking over to YYW to wait for a reaction. YYW mulled things over, scanning each of the three Marines for any sign of deceit. Finally, he nodded and lowered his rifle, quickly followed by the rest of the group. "We have a camp a few miles east of here, and another one about twenty miles east of that." YYW said, as the rest of the group began walking toward the nearest camp, YYW in the rear. "We"re the DDO Elite." YYW said, patting Bladerunner"s shoulder as he passed the Marine.

Bladerunner sighed softly, shaking his head and signaling for Ore_ele and TUF to follow the group. "I was scared of that."

---
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:59:51 PM
Yeah this episode took forever. Mostly me being lazy, partly work keeping me on my toes. I've been having to deal with a lot of stuff recently but now that some of it's being cleared away I have more time for this.

Also, next episode is the SEASON FRIGGIN FINALE!! #thehypeisreal

No one will be expecting the shocking twist that no mere mortal has ever attempted. Hopefully I won't be brutally stoned to death for doing it, but it's gonna happen ;)

Also, a quick shoutout and apology to airmax. I told him I wouldn't use the f-bomb in this series. Almost lasted the entire first season before I broke that one. Oops. Muh bad.

Other than that, just the usual quick announcement.

During the down-time between this season and the next season I will be reconducting a sign-up thread to make sure that there are still interested readers for a second season (if I feel like writing one).

During the down time I also plan to begin writing a new series, a DDOFanfic called "How'd they do it?", which is going to be a great blend of action, crime, drama and a little bit of magic as well. If you're interested in getting a part in the story, the sign up list can be found here ---> http://www.debate.org...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 6:52:27 PM
At 7/23/2014 5:59:51 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Yeah this episode took forever. Mostly me being lazy, partly work keeping me on my toes. I've been having to deal with a lot of stuff recently but now that some of it's being cleared away I have more time for this.

No one will be expecting the shocking twist that no mere mortal has ever attempted. Hopefully I won't be brutally stoned to death for doing it, but it's gonna happen ;)

Already did it. DDO House of Cards Episode 9. Unless we are thinking an entirely different thing.

Also, a quick shoutout and apology to airmax. I told him I wouldn't use the f-bomb in this series. Almost lasted the entire first season before I broke that one. Oops. Muh bad.

During the down-time between this season and the next season I will be reconducting a sign-up thread to make sure that there are still interested readers for a second season (if I feel like writing one).

During the down time I also plan to begin writing a new series, a DDOFanfic called "How'd they do it?", which is going to be a great blend of action, crime, drama and a little bit of magic as well. If you're interested in getting a part in the story, the sign up list can be found here ---> http://www.debate.org...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:11:10 PM
At 7/23/2014 6:52:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Already did it. DDO House of Cards Episode 9. Unless we are thinking an entirely different thing.

I still can't believe you did that...

Oh mah gosh.. If bsh finds out, ... #rekd.... If bsh gets hurt, I'm lynching you.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:21:03 PM
Aww Mikal... Oh geez... I wasn't expecting him to be so emotionally torn... :/

I also expected him and YYW to hug it out when they were having their bro moment, but that's very characteristic of Mikal to punch someone when he's overrun by his emotions, and we all know it.

Bsh totally had a crush on YYW in high school. Explains why he copied Alyssa's hairstyle, which by the way, I really can't see on a guy.

"Of course I did. It was about you."
*shoots self from smiling too much* AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Am I really going to kiss him?" YYW asked himself, already knowing the answer.
Wwwwhhhrrrrrr"..
A noise in the background grabbed YYW"s attention just before their lips met, making him look up to the sky. "Did you hear that?" he asked curiously, trying to figure out what the noise was. Bsh shook his head, his face bright red from embarrassment.

AWW COME ON!!! Couldn't they have kissed?! Just once!!! Gaaah.

At least I got to die with my Ennie. <3 =)

Awesome episode as usual!!! Can't wait for the next!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:42:27 PM
At 7/23/2014 7:37:35 PM, YYW wrote:
I like it. I like it a lot!

Ok Lloyd.

Btw, I don't like plugging my own series in another series' thread, but YYW, you have to read Episode 9 of DDO House of Cards. I want to know if you like it.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:50:07 PM
At 7/23/2014 6:52:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I ain't sayin' sh*t other than it's not that.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:51:04 PM
At 7/23/2014 7:42:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:37:35 PM, YYW wrote:
I like it. I like it a lot!

Ok Lloyd.

Btw, I don't like plugging my own series in another series' thread, but YYW, you have to read Episode 9 of DDO House of Cards. I want to know if you like it.

I haven't read it yet.
Tsar of DDO