Jump to topic:

Should I continue Towards Penn?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 12:54:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Over the past few weeks, life has been pretty intensely busy for me and I've just not had the time to do the creative work of figuring out how I want to get the story where I want it to go.

I have, however, had an idea for another story. It's kind of risky in that there is a group of "bad people" who would have to be named after DDO characters, even though I don't think those people are 'bad' in any sense... but the plot would be more meaningful, I think.

I also know this is sort of petty, but I made some pretty substantial mistakes with the first series and I just don't think that they can be undone. For example, I made Bsh1 and I Republicans... and I'm just tired of writing from that perspective.

This other idea I have isn't political at all; it's set at a fictional private school in Western MA. I feel like "school" is really all I could realistically write about, because I'm not good at writing fantasy anything, I don't want to do another political one and I've actually got the plot for this other one fully developed. It's actually based on another story I wrote a long time ago, but I think I could adapt to be a fan fic.

What are your thoughts?
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 1:28:54 AM
At 7/24/2014 12:54:27 AM, YYW wrote:
Over the past few weeks, life has been pretty intensely busy for me and I've just not had the time to do the creative work of figuring out how I want to get the story where I want it to go.

I have, however, had an idea for another story. It's kind of risky in that there is a group of "bad people" who would have to be named after DDO characters, even though I don't think those people are 'bad' in any sense... but the plot would be more meaningful, I think.

Who cares what other people think. If it sounds good to you, then do it!!! unless of course if mass slaughter sounds good to you.

I also know this is sort of petty, but I made some pretty substantial mistakes with the first series and I just don't think that they can be undone. For example, I made Bsh1 and I Republicans... and I'm just tired of writing from that perspective.

This other idea I have isn't political at all; it's set at a fictional private school in Western MA. I feel like "school" is really all I could realistically write about, because I'm not good at writing fantasy anything, I don't want to do another political one and I've actually got the plot for this other one fully developed. It's actually based on another story I wrote a long time ago, but I think I could adapt to be a fan fic.

What are your thoughts?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 1:30:27 AM
At 7/24/2014 1:28:54 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Who cares what other people think. If it sounds good to you, then do it!!! unless of course if mass slaughter sounds good to you.

I just want to gauge interest. I don't write these so much because I enjoy writing them, but for people to enjoy reading them.

What are your thoughts?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 4:23:21 PM
What is the point of writing something if you don't enjoy writing it? I mean, probably nothing that I've invested many hours into writing will see the light of day beyond my 2003 Computer. But I enjoy writing those stories, so it's worth it to me.
If you don't enjoy writing your story, then don't.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:50:52 PM
your thoughts?

Your writing is excellent. I'm going to love it either way!
Follow your heart! (As cliche as that is, haha)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:51:32 PM
At 7/24/2014 6:11:38 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I enjoy reading them, especially when I'm in them. ;-)
I enjoy everything with you in it. <3

No, but I do enjoy reading them.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 6:53:44 PM
At 7/24/2014 5:50:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
your thoughts?

I wish I had said this first...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 8:27:31 PM
At 7/24/2014 6:53:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/24/2014 5:50:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
your thoughts?

I wish I had said this first...

<3
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 9:29:45 PM
You should write whichever you'd prefer. Whatever you write will undoubtedly be excellent, so all that matters is that you KEEP writing something, because I am selfish and demand entertainment.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 9:30:26 PM
At 7/24/2014 9:29:45 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You should write whichever you'd prefer. Whatever you write will undoubtedly be excellent, so all that matters is that you KEEP writing something, because I am selfish and demand entertainment.

I'll do it, man. That is like the best reason ever haha