Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO Episode 16.5

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 11:39:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Romanii felt the confusion wash over him like an avalanche as he opened the door to her house. What was he doing here? Why had he come? Hadn't he just been with Seventh? He had, he was sure of it! And they'd seen Ore_Ele and his terrible murder of Linkish....

Still, his body seemed to act of its own accord. Before he knew it, he had closed the door behind him, and he was already ascending the stairs to the second floor. Romanii didn't take in any of his physical surroundings. His focus was purely mental. He should leave. He should really leave.

But something drove him upward...and forward.

The door to her room was closed, but he knew it wouldn't be locked. And it wasn't. And there she was, stretched out on the bed, eyes gazing at him as welcoming as a hot shower. There was a sheet curled around most of her body, but he could see her bare arms. He stood, transfixed, as she lifted one and beckoned him forward.

"I've been waiting for you, Romanii," she said.

Seventh's face filled Romanii's mind. She was asleep at the moment. Peaceful, at least for now. They had plans. They were to rescue kbub with Bookworm's help.

Then she motioned again, and Romanii's mind cleared. A smile creased his face as he disrobed. His clothes fell to the floor around his feet. He stepped over them and climbed into the bed, settling in next to her. The sheets gently slipped downward. She reached for his arm as he slid one bare leg over hers. Her lips parted as she whispered his name.

"Romanii." The name acted as a stimulant. There was only the faintest shadow in Romanii's mind, the tiniest fragment of his consciousness begging him not to proceed.

Instead, he whispered her name as well.

And then pleasure seeped into every pore of his being.

Romanii felt around without opening his eyes. He didn't feel the warm softness of sheets or even her tender skin. What he felt was hard, cold, and flat. Stone.

Romanii opened his eyes.

He was lying, still naked, on what looked like a large altar.

Romanii blinked. How did this happen? He was just in her bedroom. But she was nowhere to be seen. Romanii tried to stand but couldn't. There was nothing holding him to the stone, and yet he was paralyzed.

Suddenly blinding lights struck at the darkness, beating it back. Romanii squeezed his eyes shut in an effort to mitigate the pain. When he opened them again, he saw a large group of people standing near the altar. His eyes ran along their faces.

YYW. bsh1. Thett. Airmax. Bookworm. Zaradi. Mikal. Progdem. CP. Lannan. Bullish. XLAV. 9Space. Bluesteel. Wylted. GCL.

And many, many more. But at the very back of the group, he spotted Seventh.

There was a faint sound from beneath Romanii. He couldn't look, but he knew it was impossible. He was on a stone altar. There couldn't be anything under him.

"Romanii." It wasn't one voice that spoke. It was all of them, all woven together in a sinister choir. "You have betrayed true love. You have turned your back on all that is good in the world, and you have shown no remorse when doing so. You have been warned before, and you choose not to heed your heart, your conscience, and your soul. You have listened only to one part of your body, and it is that part that dooms you now."

Romanii tried to speak in his defense, but he couldn't form the words, and even if he could, his lips would not part to allow them to escape.

"For this, you have been sentenced to the ultimate punishment."

Suddenly the stone beneath Romanii tilted, throwing him onto his side. Heat was seeping through the rock now. It wasn't burning yet, but it no longer felt cold either. He could see faces through the cracks that appeared. Izbo. RationalMadman. And beneath them, he could see what looked like lava.

Romanii's eyes widened.

The stone shifted again, and Romanii found himself hanging over the edge. The tablet was going to drop him!

There were footsteps from above, and Romanii found himself gazing, with the eye facing upward, into the face of Seventh.

Her expression was indescribable. It didn't even seem possible for her to be standing. The damage wreaked by a broken heart was one thing; Seventh's was obliterated. How she was alive without the organ needed to pump blood was a mystery.

Something pierced Romanii's heart as well. He wanted to cry. He wanted to ask her to forgive him. He wanted to revert to true love. But he could do nothing.

"Goodbye, Romanii," Seventh whispered, and even her whisper shook and broke like the most fragile vase. Her body bent, withered before his eyes. "I really loved you."

Romanii tried to say her name. Seventh's name. The name of his only true love.

Instead, he could only watch helplessly as she got further and further away. Then there was burning sensation. His limbs and body were on fire, absolutely blazing, but his eyes remained on Seventh. He could use them both now. At least until the lava covered them as well, and then he could only see nothing as his eyes burned and seared.

But none of the burning pain held even a fraction to the burning in his heart.

"SEVENTH!" He screamed, and the lava poured down his throat and into his stomach. It was the final word he ever spoke.

Romanii sat up in a cold sweat, gasping, lungs greedily sucking in air. He looked around. He was lying in bed. The sheets were tangled around his legs. He kicked them away and suddenly became aware of another person in the bed with him. Hesitantly, he looked over.

Seventh lay there, fast asleep, looking like an angel that had decided to nap. Romanii's breathing slowed as he studied her.

He loved Seventh. He set one hand over his heart as he lay back next to her. He knew he loved Seventh; felt it from the depths of his soul, and he knew he would always love Seventh.

There was no one else for him. No one in this world, or in any other.

Romanii closed his eyes and snuggled in next to his one and only true love.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 11:41:27 PM
reading now thanking in advance
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 11:53:56 PM
That was the best
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:28:37 AM
At 7/26/2014 11:39:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Romanii felt the confusion wash over him like an avalanche as he opened the door to her house. What was he doing here? Why had he come? Hadn't he just been with Seventh? He had, he was sure of it! And they'd seen Ore_Ele and his terrible murder of Linkish....

Still, his body seemed to act of its own accord. Before he knew it, he had closed the door behind him, and he was already ascending the stairs to the second floor. Romanii didn't take in any of his physical surroundings. His focus was purely mental. He should leave. He should really leave.

The door to her room was closed, but he knew it wouldn't be locked. And it wasn't. And there she was, stretched out on the bed, eyes gazing at him as welcoming as a hot shower. There was a sheet curled around most of her body, but he could see her bare arms. He stood, transfixed, as she lifted one and beckoned him forward.

Seventh's face filled Romanii's mind. She was asleep at the moment. Peaceful, at least for now. They had plans. They were to rescue kbub with Bookworm's help.

Then she motioned again, and Romanii's mind cleared. A smile creased his face as he disrobed. His clothes fell to the floor around his feet. He stepped over them and climbed into the bed, settling in next to her. The sheets gently slipped downward. She reached for his arm as he slid one bare leg over hers. Her lips parted as she whispered his name.

"Romanii." The name acted as a stimulant. There was only the faintest shadow in Romanii's mind, the tiniest fragment of his consciousness begging him not to proceed.

Romanii felt around without opening his eyes. He didn't feel the warm softness of sheets or even her tender skin. What he felt was hard, cold, and flat. Stone.

Romanii opened his eyes.

Romanii blinked. How did this happen? He was just in her bedroom. But she was nowhere to be seen. Romanii tried to stand but couldn't. There was nothing holding him to the stone, and yet he was paralyzed.

Suddenly blinding lights struck at the darkness, beating it back. Romanii squeezed his eyes shut in an effort to mitigate the pain. When he opened them again, he saw a large group of people standing near the altar. His eyes ran along their faces.

YYW. bsh1. Thett. Airmax. Bookworm. Zaradi. Mikal. Progdem. CP. Lannan. Bullish. XLAV. 9Space. Bluesteel. Wylted. GCL.

There was a faint sound from beneath Romanii. He couldn't look, but he knew it was impossible. He was on a stone altar. There couldn't be anything under him.

"Romanii." It wasn't one voice that spoke. It was all of them, all woven together in a sinister choir. "You have betrayed true love. You have turned your back on all that is good in the world, and you have shown no remorse when doing so. You have been warned before, and you choose not to heed your heart, your conscience, and your soul. You have listened only to one part of your body, and it is that part that dooms you now."

Romanii tried to speak in his defense, but he couldn't form the words, and even if he could, his lips would not part to allow them to escape.

Suddenly the stone beneath Romanii tilted, throwing him onto his side. Heat was seeping through the rock now. It wasn't burning yet, but it no longer felt cold either. He could see faces through the cracks that appeared. Izbo. RationalMadman. And beneath them, he could see what looked like lava.

Romanii's eyes widened.

The stone shifted again, and Romanii found himself hanging over the edge. The tablet was going to drop him!

There were footsteps from above, and Romanii found himself gazing, with the eye facing upward, into the face of Seventh.

Her expression was indescribable. It didn't even seem possible for her to be standing. The damage wreaked by a broken heart was one thing; Seventh's was obliterated. How she was alive without the organ needed to pump blood was a mystery.

Something pierced Romanii's heart as well. He wanted to cry. He wanted to ask her to forgive him. He wanted to revert to true love. But he could do nothing.

"Goodbye, Romanii," Seventh whispered, and even her whisper shook and broke like the most fragile vase. Her body bent, withered before his eyes. "I really loved you."

Instead, he could only watch helplessly as she got further and further away. Then there was burning sensation. His limbs and body were on fire, absolutely blazing, but his eyes remained on Seventh. He could use them both now. At least until the lava covered them as well, and then he could only see nothing as his eyes burned and seared.

"SEVENTH!" He screamed, and the lava poured down his throat and into his stomach. It was the final word he ever spoke.

Romanii sat up in a cold sweat, gasping, lungs greedily sucking in air. He looked around. He was lying in bed. The sheets were tangled around his legs. He kicked them away and suddenly became aware of another person in the bed with him. Hesitantly, he looked over.

Seventh lay there, fast asleep, looking like an angel that had decided to nap. Romanii's breathing slowed as he studied her.

He loved Seventh. He set one hand over his heart as he lay back next to her. He knew he loved Seventh; felt it from the depths of his soul, and he knew he would always love Seventh.

This is my first time reading a Once upon a DDO story. I've got to say, this is excellent! Thanks, you've made me hooked. Now I have to go back and read all the previous episodes.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:50:57 AM
Oh and one more thing. Where the hell is the like button??? How do people give their love and support for the creativity of authors like you? A thumbs up button would be seriously convenient and nice.

Finally, I just want to say another thing about this episode. Romanii's infidelity. His punishment. And then his commitment at the end? It was perfect. A better love story than twilight. And I don't even hate twilight.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:52:36 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:50:57 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Oh and one more thing. Where the hell is the like button??? How do people give their love and support for the creativity of authors like you? A thumbs up button would be seriously convenient and nice.

Finally, I just want to say another thing about this episode. Romanii's infidelity. His punishment. And then his commitment at the end? It was perfect. A better love story than twilight. And I don't even hate twilight.

Do you want my autograph?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:57:28 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:52:36 AM, Romanii wrote:

Sure! Just sign here ---------------> [ ________ ] - to my dear fan, Adam Godzilla.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:59:57 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:57:28 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Sure! Just sign here ---------------> [ RoMaNii ] - to my dear fan, Adam Godzilla.

There you go, good sir ;)
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:12:26 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:59:57 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 7/27/2014 2:57:28 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Sure! Just sign here ---------------> [ RoMaNii ] - to my dear fan, Adam Godzilla.

There you go, good sir ;)

OMG THANK YOU!! *faints from fangasm*
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:13:53 AM
At 7/27/2014 3:01:17 AM, Romanii wrote:
I'm not able to decide whether or not there is a moral to this story.

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:14:55 AM
Excellent vignette, Endark!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:37:07 AM
Damn straight!!!

---

I love you honey. That was perfect. <3

*kisses your cheek*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:45:14 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:28:37 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/26/2014 11:39:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Romanii opened his eyes.

Romanii's eyes widened.

This is my first time reading a Once upon a DDO story. I've got to say, this is excellent! Thanks, you've made me hooked. Now I have to go back and read all the previous episodes.

Why, thank you very much!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:46:16 AM
At 7/27/2014 7:37:07 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Damn straight!!!

---

I love you honey. That was perfect. <3

*kisses your cheek*

Awww. I love you too, dear.

*returns kiss*
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:41:28 AM
Needs more DEATH lol
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:21:41 PM
At 7/27/2014 10:20:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 7/27/2014 9:41:28 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Needs more DEATH lol

Lol. I decided to give Romanii a second chance.

Then I probably shouldn't tell you that yesterday he said that our love is equivalent to his love for debatability...
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:49:59 PM
At 7/27/2014 2:21:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Needs more DEATH lol

Then I probably shouldn't tell you that yesterday he said that our love is equivalent to his love for debatability...

He's recanted his misguided lust.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:01:42 PM
At 7/27/2014 2:49:59 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 7/27/2014 2:21:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Needs more DEATH lol

He's recanted his misguided lust.

Good. You saved Sevanii. You're my hero. <3
--
BTW, trouble brews.
Pots wants to steal you, from me.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY