*Presidential Update -- Week 6*

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:42:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi folks!

A short (and late no less--I'm at work today, and of course, since I've been gone this shift has sucked) update this week.

Unfortunately, I was called out of town on a moment's notice for a family emergency for a week. That's why I had to ask bsh1 to post last week's update for me, and it's why this week's update'll be relatively short. I am, however, back in town, and intend on having some substantive updates next week (but then, "The best laid plans o' mice and men", of course, considering there was no way I'd know that I'd first get sick, and then have a death in the family, so I'm becoming even more hesitant to say anything's gonna get done, considering I feel like the last 3 updates at least have been "Oh, next week", and then something catastrophic happens and I look dumber than usual...).

The AAN tournament is proceeding well, and the voting initiative has been working, although my week's absence may have set things back a skosh--still, as always, if anyone has a debate that is unvoted and almost to the end of its voting period, please send me a PM. I'll note I really would rather a PM than, say, a posting on my profile. It's easier to keep track of things with PMs.

Progress is being made on all the fronts that I wanted to get things done on. It's not always obvious or apparent progress, despite my committment to transparency, but it's progress nonetheless.

There will be an early update this coming week, no later than Friday, barring catastrophe (Which, at this point, I'm not even sure what's left....I get hit by a bus?)

This week's Trivia/History bit is:

About signatures! You don't have to actually ADD a post to change your signature. Just go to the "Add a post" section, and fill out the signature, and click to "review". As soon as you do that, the signature change is locked in--you don't have to actually POST the post. So every "sig change" post you see? It's unnecessary.

As always, PM me or bsh1 with any questions or concerns, and this thread's here for folks to reach out to, as well.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:46:19 AM
Oh geez, well, don't forget to rest. And thanks for the update!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:37:11 AM
At 7/27/2014 3:33:08 AM, XLAV wrote:
Thanks for the trivia. Hopefully we won't see anymore sig change posts.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:54:53 AM
At 7/27/2014 2:42:54 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
About signatures! You don't have to actually ADD a post to change your signature. Just go to the "Add a post" section, and fill out the signature, and click to "review". As soon as you do that, the signature change is locked in--you don't have to actually POST the post. So every "sig change" post you see? It's unnecessary.

You can't do this anymore. It hasn't worked for about a month IMC.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 4:07:27 AM
Hi folks!

A short (and late no less--I'm at work today, and of course, since I've been gone this shift has sucked) update this week.

Unfortunately, I was called out of town on a moment's notice for a family emergency for a week. That's why I had to ask bsh1 to post last week's update for me, and it's why this week's update'll be relatively short. I am, however, back in town, and intend on having some substantive updates next week (but then, "The best laid plans o' mice and men", of course, considering there was no way I'd know that I'd first get sick, and then have a death in the family, so I'm becoming even more hesitant to say anything's gonna get done, considering I feel like the last 3 updates at least have been "Oh, next week", and then something catastrophic happens and I look dumber than usual...).

The AAN tournament is proceeding well, and the voting initiative has been working, although my week's absence may have set things back a skosh--still, as always, if anyone has a debate that is unvoted and almost to the end of its voting period, please send me a PM. I'll note I really would rather a PM than, say, a posting on my profile. It's easier to keep track of things with PMs.

Progress is being made on all the fronts that I wanted to get things done on. It's not always obvious or apparent progress, despite my committment to transparency, but it's progress nonetheless.

There will be an early update this coming week, no later than Friday, barring catastrophe (Which, at this point, I'm not even sure what's left....I get hit by a bus?)

As always, PM me or bsh1 with any questions or concerns, and this thread's here for folks to reach out to, as well.

Sig Change
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 4:50:51 AM
At 7/27/2014 3:54:53 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

It's how I got my signature to be what it is...and I did it less than a month ago. And I just tested it again, and it worked for me.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 4:53:49 AM
At 7/27/2014 4:50:51 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 7/27/2014 3:54:53 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

It's how I got my signature to be what it is...and I did it less than a month ago. And I just tested it again, and it worked for me.

kfc
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 2:33:50 AM

I'm pretty sure I've been on this site longer than you, and I'm just learning this now...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:53:50 AM

Sig change.....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net...
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 11:04:36 AM
Hi folks!

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes Blade.

Regarding the role as President, I'm sure you will whip everything into shape once things settle.

Regards
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 2:13:59 PM
At 7/28/2014 8:53:50 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Sig change.....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net...

Sig change
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 4:37:55 PM
At 7/28/2014 2:03:42 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 7/28/2014 11:04:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Thanks!

Front page debates should be decided strictly based on the number of likes it recieves
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 4:56:33 PM
At 7/28/2014 4:37:55 PM, Wylted wrote:

Thanks!

Front page debates should be decided strictly based on the number of likes it recieves

I up this. Some spammer (my opponent) managed to bring my troll debate all the way up to the front page o.0
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 6:46:48 PM

Thanks!

While I think you've definitely got a point, please remember that fundamentally site coding is not something that's directly in my power to achieve, so I can't possibly make promises about it.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 6:49:09 PM
At 7/28/2014 6:46:48 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Thanks!

While I think you've definitely got a point, please remember that fundamentally site coding is not something that's directly in my power to achieve, so I can't possibly make promises about it.

I know, but I assume it's an easy fix and is beneficial to not only the debator's but to the average joe stumbling into the site, as well as to Juggle's bottom line. It's a win-win-win situation.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:37:16 PM
sig change.

jk. I would never change my sig. It says all that I could possibly want it to say haha
Tsar of DDO