Puck's idea

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:21:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 12:28:56 AM, Puck wrote:
A better alternative perhaps, is to create a thread where people can post topics they'd like to see debated (unwilling, unsure or unable to do themselves perhaps) or people they'd like to see debate a topic. It may generate some debates.

I can't think of anything.
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2010 3:40:05 PM
At 3/3/2010 3:37:19 PM, collegkitchen4 wrote:
Piracy

That's a good one actually. Of course I'd be pro if I were to actually debate it.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 3:27:29 AM
Guess the idea won't generate much at this rate.

Ragnar may be up to a intellectual property debate, I too if I find the time (and motivation :P).

Also I'm interested in a debate on string 'theory', maybe a philo one on validity of senses.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:49:30 PM
Someone should debate that sports should be payed more attention to in school, because there are so many jobs to do with it. There's definitely more jobs to be got from sport than the likes of history or music or subjects like that.
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 6:10:40 PM
At 3/4/2010 1:49:30 PM, badger wrote:
Someone should debate that sports should be payed more attention to in school, because there are so many jobs to do with it. There's definitely more jobs to be got from sport than the likes of history or music or subjects like that.

Well if that's the case I'm screwed. Hahaha.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 12:31:19 PM
Resolution: The U.S. ought to prioritise aid to struggling established democracies rather than military forces attempting to spread democracy in an internal struggle.

I know the resolution is a bit iffy, but I feel it could be interesting.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 12:35:48 PM
Resolution: A U.S. led invasion of Cuba would be a liberation of the majority of Cubans

Or

Resolution: The invasion of Iraq\ Afghanistan was a liberation of the majority of Iraqis\ Afghanis.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.