Jump to topic:

Pardon of Askbob and Cirro

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:18:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I highly doubt I have this legal authority, but I'll let the high court (Phil) sort that out. Askbob and Cirro are hereby pardoned, to the extent the president of DDO may or may not have that power.

--Ragnar_rahl
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:24:52 PM
What a croc. You're only doing this now to waive away the attack line of "you've done nothing." You're making grand gestures now in order to sway the electorate. For shame. That's the worst kind of politics.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:27:01 PM
Here Here!

Three Cheers for Ragnar Rahl!

"There was a tableau! Liberty's clear light
Shone never on a braver scene than that.
Here was a prison, there a Man, who sat
High in the halls of State! Beyond, the might
Of Ignorance and mobs whose hireling Press
Yells at their bidding like the slaver's hounds,
Ready with coarse caprice to curse or bless,
To make or unmake rulers!—Lo, there sounds
A grating of the doors! And three poor men
Helpless and hated, having nought to give,
Come from their long-sealed tomb,
look up, and live,
And thank this Man that they are free again.
And He—to all the world this Man dares say:
"Curse as you will! I have been just this day." - Voltairine De Cleyre on the pardoning of the Haymarket Martyrs.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:31:02 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:24:52 PM, Volkov wrote:
What a croc. You're only doing this now to waive away the attack line of "you've done nothing." You're making grand gestures now in order to sway the electorate. For shame. That's the worst kind of politics.

Wow Volkov, would you prefer that he not pardon askbob? Our party has been for the reinstatement of askbob this whole campaign. Are you against it?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:32:26 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:24:52 PM, Volkov wrote:

No, actually. As I said, I'm fairly sure this did nothing. Therefore, it does nothing about that line, fortunately my constituency likes nothing when there aren't initiators of force around.

I did it because someone anonymously asked me to and the only reasons I could see why not rendered the actions meaningless if they were true.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:38:04 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:31:02 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Wow Volkov, would you prefer that he not pardon askbob? Our party has been for the reinstatement of askbob this whole campaign. Are you against it?

No, Joe. I said that its clear, despite what HRH Ragnar says there, that you're only saying this now to look like you're doing something, when in fact you've done nothing at all.

I never said anything about whether the action was good or not, just that the timing was a little fishy, if you get my drift.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2010 3:18:35 PM
Last act is to add Vi_veri and theLwerd to this meaningless order.