Jump to topic:

DDO Poetry Sign-ups

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 11:49:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was thinking about starting a DDO poetry group (club). We will have sign-ups to those who wish to join and then once we are sure everyone has joined then I will create a group PM explaining more into detail to what we will be doing. Thanks and hope you join! Looking forward to the results! :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 11:51:21 PM
Sign here: (I'll give it a start, proceed as you wish) if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:21:13 AM
At 8/6/2014 11:51:21 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Sign here: (I'll give it a start, proceed as you wish) if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1. Mishapqueen
Why not?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:42:59 AM
1. Mishapqueen
2. BoT
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:47:44 AM
This might be intriguing...

/in
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:49:09 AM

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

I have telepathically sensed that each one of these members has an inner poet waiting to break free.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:49:54 AM
At 8/7/2014 12:49:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

I have telepathically sensed that each one of these members has an inner poet waiting to break free.

**11. Bsh1
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:55:16 AM

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

Dude I can't rhyme! Haha. Unless you're interested in seeing an ode to the great John Maynard Keynes, and even that would be a struggle to put together (especially because I'm not too thrilled with the guy right now!).
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:05:09 AM
At 8/7/2014 12:49:54 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

**11. Bsh1

0.0 they all agreed to join? I know bsh1 did.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:06:16 AM
At 8/7/2014 12:55:16 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

Dude I can't rhyme! Haha. Unless you're interested in seeing an ode to the great John Maynard Keynes, and even that would be a struggle to put together (especially because I'm not too thrilled with the guy right now!).

All poetry doesn't have to rhyme actually. There's different styles of poetry. Your welcome to join and do your best. It's not like it's being graded or anything like that. :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:09:55 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:06:16 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

All poetry doesn't have to rhyme actually. There's different styles of poetry. Your welcome to join and do your best. It's not like it's being graded or anything like that. :)

Well, in that case...

This first one sounds more like battle rap hahahaha. It's sort of, kind of devil's advocate, but it reflects the results of my thinking after delving into the financial world in recent papers. It obviously needs some work...it ends abruptly and the rhyme scheme is screwy/non-existent.

Warning: vile language

Ode to Keynes

Oh Keynes, Oh Keynes
How I loathe you so
How alluring were you writings
For some time I thought you cared for the average Joe

But I got a bone to pick with you
Monetary offset is even applicable at the zero lower bound
Hush about Fisher, the liquidity effect will always pull through
Your simplistic view of the world never fails to astound

Don"t hear me wrong, my good sir
On much of your ideas I"m inclined to concur
I stole your name, for heaven"s sake
If I changed my tune now, I"d look like a flake

But please, drop this circular flow sh1t
The world is complex, I"m sure you"d admit
Nominal spending, not inflation, is what ultimately matters
Understand that, or you"ll be faced with an economy in tatters
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:11:06 AM

Count me in
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:12:47 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:09:55 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 8/7/2014 1:06:16 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

Well, in that case...

This first one sounds more like battle rap hahahaha. It's sort of, kind of devil's advocate, but it reflects the results of my thinking after delving into the financial world in recent papers. It obviously needs some work...it ends abruptly and the rhyme scheme is screwy/non-existent.

Warning: vile language

Ode to Keynes

Oh Keynes, Oh Keynes
How I loathe you so
How alluring were you writings
For some time I thought you cared for the average Joe

But I got a bone to pick with you
Monetary offset is even applicable at the zero lower bound
Hush about Fisher, the liquidity effect will always pull through
Your simplistic view of the world never fails to astound

Don"t hear me wrong, my good sir
On much of your ideas I"m inclined to concur
I stole your name, for heaven"s sake
If I changed my tune now, I"d look like a flake

But please, drop this circular flow sh1t
The world is complex, I"m sure you"d admit
Nominal spending, not inflation, is what ultimately matters
Understand that, or you"ll be faced with an economy in tatters

Thanks for sharing this intense poem/rap but lol let's try to wait on that first while taking up all who are joining. K? :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:19:16 AM

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

Lol, actually, I was indeed hoping for a poem in the form of an ode' to economics. You'd be the economic poet, it's a rare title in this world.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:20:54 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:19:16 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

Lol, actually, I was indeed hoping for a poem in the form of an ode' to economics. You'd be the economic poet, it's a rare title in this world.

It's probably rare because economists usually can't write, never mind rhyme, hence the coining of the very official term "economese" haha.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:21:00 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:05:09 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:49:54 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1.Mishapqueen
2. BoT
3. Mikal
4. Pots
5. JMK
6. 9SpaceKing
7. Esocial
8. Airmax
9. Thett
10. Bluesteel

**11. Bsh1

0.0 they all agreed to join? I know bsh1 did.

No, it's more of a list of people who I think would flourish in poetry if they gave it a try - like JMK just now, that wasn't bad at all amiright?!
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:24:43 AM
What's funny is I attacked the guy after which I named myself by straw-manning the Fisher effect, lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:34:39 AM
Guys lol stop derailing the thread YO!!! :P
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:58:43 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:55:53 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Cool stuff, I'm not much of a poetry guy though.

You can always give it a try an If you don't want to stay you can always just resign it. It's not a problem. Up to you though.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:04:14 AM
At 8/7/2014 1:34:39 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

FINE YOOO!!! But the real question is that since he posted a poem - are we really derailing the thread?

Derailment

What does it mean to derail?
Is it a sunny day, or a storm with hail?
Is it a broken track, or a busted road?
Is it a bowl of cereal, with water instead of milk?
Is it a piece of toast, without butter?
Is it when YYW and Bsh1 express their love?
Is it when JMK and Esocial vtl the world?
What does it mean to derail....
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:07:31 AM
At 8/7/2014 2:04:14 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

FINE YOOO!!! But the real question is that since he posted a poem - are we really derailing the thread?

Derailment

You gotta point... So I GUESSSSSSS....
"Good Times" ~ Max
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:15:19 AM

Derailment

LOL

+1

And to answer the question from my perspective: I think derailing is when JMK intervenes and plays his signature role, the third wheel, when bsh and YYW are attempting to, but imperfectly, derailing.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:20:56 AM
At 8/7/2014 2:15:19 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Derailment

LOL

+1

And to answer the question from my perspective: I think derailing is when JMK intervenes and plays his signature role, the third wheel, when bsh and YYW are attempting to, but imperfectly, derailing.

Really now? Lol ooooooo kkkkk then!!!
"Good Times" ~ Max
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:27:50 AM
Sign me up
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:47:42 AM
At 8/7/2014 2:27:50 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Sign me up

Hey it's Buddamoose! Haven't seen you in a while!
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:54:54 AM
At 8/7/2014 3:47:42 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Sign me up

Hey it's Buddamoose! Haven't seen you in a while!

Long time no see my Canadian Doppelganger! How ya been?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 11:51:28 AM
Sign me up
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:01:56 PM
Until the new Year starts for school, I have nothing better to do.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW