GWL_CPA's site review

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 11:26:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.sitejabber.com...

This is a silly site for mainly whinny teenagers who complain if you question their dishonest debating techniques, e.g., plagiarism. Plagiarism and others forms of debate cheating are rampant; but, the member/voters are too immature and uneducated to care. And, DDO does not moderate or judge the debates, it is left completely up to the voting members. So, almost anything goes, and it goes unchecked.

DDO"s software does block most common swear words, as long as they are in English. However, if you want to upload a picture in a debate that has profanity on it, e.g., "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes Saying AYOOO I"am a $#*!ing Turtle" that is OK, which was done by Mikal in a recent debate. Airmax1227 response when this was reported was that it wasn"t that important, which I am sure the owners of DDO would not agree with.
http://www.funnyjunk.com...+$#*!ing+Turtle/

Most debates are won by in-group/friend bias, i.e., if you have the most friends, you will win most debates.

Censorship is high, mainly by Airmax1227, the head moderator or the head member of DDO"s Gestapo. He was elected twice as site president and owes many favors to those who elected him. He will take sides with those members in all disputes. He will defend his favorites, e.g., Thett3, YYW, Subutai, Sargon, etc. even if they are wrong. Airmax1227 does not enforce the rules he creates uniformly. It is really a joke. His rulings are final; there is no appeal.

Ninety percent of the debates are silly debates (e.g., Rap battles, best super heroes, best Yo Mama Joke, etc.) by teenagers or younger.

The average number of voters/judges on these debates is two members; the median number of voters is one, and usually no one votes on the debates, mainly because they are silly debates. Many of these debates where no members vote are debates done by members who have no friends at the site, so nobody votes for them. Again, most debates are won by the debaters that have the most friends.

Fifty-six percent of the members that join don"t fill out their profiles with their ages.

DDO claims to have 148,101 members, but have only had 37,935 debates in 5 years. And, many members do from 10 to 22 debates or more per month. Probably less that 200 of those 148,101 members are active members that debate on a regular basis. Those that do participate most frequently are teenagers.

Most of those 148,101 members are inactive members, but DDO does not publish those numbers. DDO does not purge inactive members, e.g., my wife joined 8 months ago and never posted anything. DDO does not purge inactive members because it needs to prove to it advertisers and potential advertisers that it has a high volume of members so they will continue to advertise or become advertisers. The amount of advertising at DDO is problematic and a joke. Again, DDO is not devoted to debating and having fairly judged debates.

Don"t bother joining this site, you will be disappointed, unless you are an immature teenager."
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 11:32:02 AM
I found even more interesting this comment by the user "Akemi M."

He writes:

"This is the China of the Internet. The level of censorship is very high here. And if the moderators don't like what you said, they will edit your post and make it look like you said something stupid. I know this, I had it happen and it was highly embarassing since I couldn't do anything about it. You are not allowed to cuss, which is crap. They act like if someone cusses then all 7 levels of unholy hell will break lose and fissures will open up in the earth, swallowing cars, buildings, and people whole whilst simultaneously causing children to start dying in droves, and bodies will start blocking out the sun as disease spreads faster than an STD at a condom-free sex party."
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:43:10 PM
At 8/7/2014 11:32:02 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I found even more interesting this comment by the user "Akemi M."

He writes:

"This is the China of the Internet. The level of censorship is very high here. And if the moderators don't like what you said, they will edit your post and make it look like you said something stupid. I know this, I had it happen and it was highly embarassing since I couldn't do anything about it. You are not allowed to cuss, which is crap. They act like if someone cusses then all 7 levels of unholy hell will break lose and fissures will open up in the earth, swallowing cars, buildings, and people whole whilst simultaneously causing children to start dying in droves, and bodies will start blocking out the sun as disease spreads faster than an STD at a condom-free sex party."

That guy has clearly never ever visited this Site. It's Profanity Central Station!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:41:50 PM
At 8/7/2014 4:46:24 PM, Mikal wrote:
I fking win

Aaayyyyyyy yooooo I'm a fcking turtleeeeee
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 7:11:31 PM
This review is absolutely hilarious! As well as the one JMK posted!
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:06:22 PM
At 8/7/2014 8:03:41 PM, George_Clinton wrote:
He was just mad us teenagers outsmarted him in debates

Silence young punk or I'll make an irrelevant 7 page rant about you and accuse you of cheating for using the full character limit in debates
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:29:45 PM
At 8/7/2014 11:26:49 AM, thett3 wrote:
http://www.sitejabber.com...

This is a silly site for mainly whinny teenagers who complain if you question their dishonest debating techniques, e.g., plagiarism. Plagiarism and others forms of debate cheating are rampant; but, the member/voters are too immature and uneducated to care. And, DDO does not moderate or judge the debates, it is left completely up to the voting members. So, almost anything goes, and it goes unchecked.

DDO"s software does block most common swear words, as long as they are in English. However, if you want to upload a picture in a debate that has profanity on it, e.g., "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes Saying AYOOO I"am a $#*!ing Turtle" that is OK, which was done by Mikal in a recent debate. Airmax1227 response when this was reported was that it wasn"t that important, which I am sure the owners of DDO would not agree with.
http://www.funnyjunk.com...+$#*!ing+Turtle/

Most debates are won by in-group/friend bias, i.e., if you have the most friends, you will win most debates.

Censorship is high, mainly by Airmax1227, the head moderator or the head member of DDO"s Gestapo. He was elected twice as site president and owes many favors to those who elected him. He will take sides with those members in all disputes. He will defend his favorites, e.g., Thett3, YYW, Subutai, Sargon, etc. even if they are wrong. Airmax1227 does not enforce the rules he creates uniformly. It is really a joke. His rulings are final; there is no appeal.

Ninety percent of the debates are silly debates (e.g., Rap battles, best super heroes, best Yo Mama Joke, etc.) by teenagers or younger.

The average number of voters/judges on these debates is two members; the median number of voters is one, and usually no one votes on the debates, mainly because they are silly debates. Many of these debates where no members vote are debates done by members who have no friends at the site, so nobody votes for them. Again, most debates are won by the debaters that have the most friends.

Fifty-six percent of the members that join don"t fill out their profiles with their ages.

DDO claims to have 148,101 members, but have only had 37,935 debates in 5 years. And, many members do from 10 to 22 debates or more per month. Probably less that 200 of those 148,101 members are active members that debate on a regular basis. Those that do participate most frequently are teenagers.

Most of those 148,101 members are inactive members, but DDO does not publish those numbers. DDO does not purge inactive members, e.g., my wife joined 8 months ago and never posted anything. DDO does not purge inactive members because it needs to prove to it advertisers and potential advertisers that it has a high volume of members so they will continue to advertise or become advertisers. The amount of advertising at DDO is problematic and a joke. Again, DDO is not devoted to debating and having fairly judged debates.

Don"t bother joining this site, you will be disappointed, unless you are an immature teenager."

I can see his points in a few places (ie. plagiarism, friend-voting, Mikal's picture, etc). However, I get the feeling that he really dislike teenagers. Not to mention nearly everything he talks about is exaggerated and blown way out of proportion.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:57:01 AM
That (suspected) pedophile can say what he likes, so long as he leaves underage children alone... Which sad for him limits him to only two years of teenagers, which he is opposed to, I remember him complaining that he could not find out where a 14 (I think it was 14) year old lives on here.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 2:20:30 AM
It's fun if you make it fun. There are a lot of regular users here that keep the site current and up to date, which is something that I can't really say about facebook. This site is more than just debates. People actually talk about random crap, which is a pro and not a con. Sometimes I miss AOL chat rooms, but then I don't because DDO fills that void.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:35:32 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:57:01 AM, Ragnar wrote:
That (suspected) pedophile can say what he likes, so long as he leaves underage children alone... Which sad for him limits him to only two years of teenagers, which he is opposed to, I remember him complaining that he could not find out where a 14 (I think it was 14) year old lives on here.

Really?

It sure would be nice if someone got Anonymous after him...
Tsar of DDO
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:00:39 AM
At 8/8/2014 9:35:32 AM, YYW wrote:
I remember him complaining that he could not find out where a 14 (I think it was 14) year old lives on here.
Really?

I should clarify, that I do not know if he had sexual intentions toward underage members, but his complaints along those lines were a worrying sign.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:10:41 PM
At 8/8/2014 11:00:39 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 8/8/2014 9:35:32 AM, YYW wrote:
I remember him complaining that he could not find out where a 14 (I think it was 14) year old lives on here.
Really?

I should clarify, that I do not know if he had sexual intentions toward underage members, but his complaints along those lines were a worrying sign.

I mean, I never picked up on that, but fvck...

Someone needs to hunt thisfucker down.
Tsar of DDO
Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:45:45 PM

I find this hard to believe. But I guess unsubstantiated shaming is fine if it's against a disliked ex-member.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:12:57 PM
At 8/9/2014 7:45:45 PM, Enji wrote:
I find this hard to believe. But I guess unsubstantiated shaming is fine if it's against a disliked ex-member.
"Unsubstantiated" shall we let GWL counter that?
1 year ago, GWL-CPA wrote:
It does not surprise me that you are a stoner at 15, do you parents knows what a suck you are?

Why isn"t your profile complete? What are you afraid of letting people know? You don"t have to put down your real address or anything like that, so you do have a safety factor. Anyway, there are many punks at this site that don"t complete their profiles; somewhat disingenuous in my opinion.
So Enji you were right to doubt me, I had the year marker off by 1, it was a 15 year old instead of a 14 year old. Which in no way changes how creepy the obsession was.

Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 7:32:14 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:12:57 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 8/9/2014 7:45:45 PM, Enji wrote:
"Unsubstantiated" shall we let GWL counter that?
1 year ago, GWL-CPA wrote:
It does not surprise me that you are a stoner at 15, do you parents knows what a suck you are?

Why isn"t your profile complete? What are you afraid of letting people know? You don"t have to put down your real address or anything like that, so you do have a safety factor. Anyway, there are many punks at this site that don"t complete their profiles; somewhat disingenuous in my opinion.
So Enji you were right to doubt me, I had the year marker off by 1, it was a 15 year old instead of a 14 year old. Which in no way changes how creepy the obsession was.

Do you have a link to this? Thanks for defending your claim.