Jump to topic:

2000th post!

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:59:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've thought about my 2000th post for a long time, and claimed it to be a "shrine" at some point. But, unfortunately, I could not decide to whom it be dedicated to. GCL? Too predictable. Myself? Too selfish and egotistical. Bsh1? Naw, leave that to YYW. Thett3? Already done by Romanii. And so on and on, I went through debate profiles, shuffling through everyone, considering the Elite Four, rarely considered debaters such as diarygirl4u2c, and even the widely-famous Koopin! But, alas, even with so much debaters to work with, I couldn't think of anything, for example, Koopin's Dance magic dance and the kfc memes he spread through DDO. And the fact that he technically "won" against Logical-Master in one of his debates. So, here we go. Shrine to nobody. Eh. Could have been more productive. But, it is at least not as blabbery and show-off as my 1000th post, so that's an improvement. Plus, at least I didn't miss it and accidentally "Waste" my 2000th post.

Anyhow, let's be more productive than talking about my story. Let's talk about a story of others. In fact, let's talk about the good part--the ending. The moral, the lesson, whatever you call it. It's actually from a TV show, one of my favorites, and it's quite nice. Well, actually, it's more than one lesson. I simply couldn't choose. Read and learn on, everybody!

"Havin' a sister is just about the bestest thing in the world. But it sure isn't the easiest....it takes teamwork. Sometimes it's about compromising. Sometimes it's about accepting each others' differences. But mostly, it's about having fun together. Even if it means getting your [hands] a little bit dirty."

"...while friendship is about giving of ourselves to friends, it's also about accepting what our friends have to offer."

" it's hard to accept when [somebody] you like wants to spend time with [someone] who's not so nice. Though it's impossible to control who your friends hang out with, it is possible to control your own behavior. Just continue to be a good friend. In the end, the difference between a false friend and one who's true will surely come to light."

"...Never judge a book by its cover. Someone may look unusual, or funny, or scary. But you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don't care what your "cover" is; It's the contents of a [person] that counts..."

"I used to think the most important traits to look for in a pet, or any best friend, were all physical competitive abilities. But now I can see how short-sighted and shallow that was. Today I learned what the most important quality really is. A certain kind of spirit. A stick-to-it-ive-ness. A never give up, can-do attitude -- that's the mark of a real winner."

"Sometimes you can feel like what you have to offer is too little to make a difference, but today, I learned that [everybody's] contributions is important, no matter how small. If you just keep your head high, do your best and believe in yourself, anything can happen."

"The thing is, being different ...isn't a bad thing. It's part of who I am! Plus, my friends love me for who I am now, not for the [person] I could be in the future. That's real friendship. So I was awfully silly to run away from my teammates when they would stand by my side no matter what...."

"What truly makes a family the best is bein' able to get through them rough patches together. The best families are able to forgive each other's mistakes, 'cause goodness knows we all make plenty of them! Through thick and thin, you've got your kin! I feel mighty lucky, 'cause some of my best friends are my family. But what makes me a might luckier than that is that I've got such good friends, they feel like family, too."

"Organizing the ...Celebration was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I learned an important lesson: real friends will like you for who you are, and changing yourself to impress them is no way to make new ones. And when you're as fabulous as I am, it's practically a crime."

"... kindness can take many forms. And, sometimes, being too kind can actually keep a friend from doing what they need to do. Pushing them away may seem cruel, but it's sometimes the kindest thing you can do."

"You know, it's kinda weird. No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside. Sometimes, to feel good about yourself, you gotta let go of the past. That way, when the time comes to let your greatness fly, you'll be able to light up the whole sky."

And with that, I conclude my much-more-epic-than-last-time 2000th post!!

Hmmm...I wonder how I'll outdo this. I'll think of something!! :D

P.S. The lessons are from http://v.gd....
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:37:28 AM
Congrats.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:47:21 AM
Finally, lol.

Congrats!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.