Jump to topic:

My Wish List for DDO

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:57:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. I wish there was a link to see all posts by a certain member.

2. I wish when you made a post, the new page went to your post instead of the first page of the thread.

3. I wish there was a page menu along the top of the page instead of only on the bottom.

4. I wish direct insults to a poster's parents was not allowed on the forum.

5. I wish the site had emoticons. (Sometimes stupidity requires art)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:59:05 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:57:49 AM, ethang5 wrote:

2. I wish when you made a post, the new page went to your post instead of the first page of the thread.

3. I wish there was a page menu along the top of the page instead of only on the bottom.

Samesies
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:04:18 PM

This actually exists. If you go to someone's profile, you can see all the posts they've made.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:10:39 PM
A tagging system.

For example, if I typed "@Thett3" thett3 would be alerted to the post, poll, opinion, or debate that I tagged him in.

There have been many times where I would like to do this, usually for the sake of comedy. However, I think this could be socially good for the community. There would obviously be a blocking option to keep certain members from tagging you.
Nolite Timere
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:24:55 PM

We have this. Go to their profile page, under activity statistics, click on their number of posts.

This is stupid. It would take forever to get to some posts.

Doesn't really matter.

It's either name-calling of ad hominem. Just ignore it.

We have this. At the top of forum posts, there's something that says "emoticon:" hit select and choose.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 6:02:19 AM
At 8/9/2014 6:01:23 AM, Haroush wrote:
I wish there was live chat! Now that would be awesome!

And no! I am not using Google Plus..
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:30:12 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:24:55 PM, Subutai wrote:

We have this. Go to their profile page, under activity statistics, click on their number of posts.

This is stupid. It would take forever to get to some posts.

How so? When we post now, and we are routed back to the first page, we have to go back to the page of our last post. That takes longer, and active subjects are most often on the last page. The ease with which you throw around the word "stupid" says a lot about you.

Doesn't really matter.

It obviously matters to me and others. You do understand this thread is not about what matters to YOU, don't you? Pages full of posts can get long, thus one has to scroll down to get to the page menu. It would be easy and convenient if the menu were at the top and at the bottom. So yes, it matters.

It's either name-calling of ad hominem. Just ignore it.

This is like telling me to ignore someone being assaulted. No one has insulted my parents, but I have seen someone do it to another poster. It should not be allowed.

We have this. At the top of forum posts, there's something that says "emoticon:" hit select and choose.

There is no "emoticon" link at the top of my pages. Post a screen cap.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:32:15 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:10:39 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
A tagging system.

For example, if I typed "@Thett3" thett3 would be alerted to the post, poll, opinion, or debate that I tagged him in.

There have been many times where I would like to do this, usually for the sake of comedy. However, I think this could be socially good for the community. There would obviously be a blocking option to keep certain members from tagging you.

That would be a cool app. That's now my #6
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:49:25 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:04:18 PM, debatability wrote:

This actually exists. If you go to someone's profile, you can see all the posts they've made.

It seems like this is functional only on your own profile. When I go to your profile for example, I cannot see any link (activity or other) which gives me all your posts like when I go to my own profile

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:29:59 AM
At 8/9/2014 8:49:25 AM, ethang5 wrote:

It seems like this is functional only on your own profile. When I go to your profile for example, I cannot see any link (activity or other) which gives me all your posts like when I go to my own profile

On the left there is a colum that says "activity stats" on any person's profile. There is a # of forum posts in this box and if you click the number you should be able to view the posts.

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:57:35 AM
At 8/9/2014 9:29:59 AM, debatability wrote:

On the left there is a colum that says "activity stats" on any person's profile. There is a # of forum posts in this box and if you click the number you should be able to view the posts.

Got it!. I had been looking at an unrefreshed page and was not logged in. Thanks for the patient help Debatability.

Ok then, the new list is,

6. I wish Members could alert/poke/notify other members, directing them to a post or debate or issue therein.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:01:22 AM
At 8/9/2014 10:57:35 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/9/2014 9:29:59 AM, debatability wrote:

Got it!. I had been looking at an unrefreshed page and was not logged in. Thanks for the patient help Debatability.

Ok then, the new list is,

6. I wish Members could alert/poke/notify other members, directing them to a post or debate or issue therein.

one thing i would add is

7. I wish front page debates were determined by likes, not comments. Literally some really dumb debates get on the front page because debaters like lifemeansgodisgood spam the comments.

I totally agree with your list though.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:24:50 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:02:42 AM, debatability wrote:
Oh, and I wish debate.org had an app. But realistically, that will never happen XD.

Sigh. The youth these days and their silly apps.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:27:44 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:24:50 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Oh, and I wish debate.org had an app. But realistically, that will never happen XD.

Sigh. The elderly these days and their distaste for anything remotely useful.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:32:45 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:27:44 AM, debatability wrote:

But....but....I'm not that old....

*goes through a typical mid-life crisis, buys a Ferrari, realizes he's a poor doctoral student, cries.*
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:37:16 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:32:45 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

*goes through a typical mid-life crisis, buys a Ferrari, realizes he's a poor doctoral student, cries.*

save money if you want a fun retirement home ;) http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:40:47 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:37:16 AM, debatability wrote:

save money if you want a fun retirement home ;) http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

For a second I thought you were replaced by one of those "black magic" spam bots.

pfffft, that's for people with superior genes, who knew better than to become academics. I'm going to retire in a hole in the ground, rooming with fire ants, screaming about multivariate regression analysis and other utterly useless stuff that won't make me rich, but can induce catatonic rants.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:49:29 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:40:47 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

For a second I thought you were replaced by one of those "black magic" spam bots.

pfffft, that's for people with superior genes, who knew better than to become academics. I'm going to retire in a hole in the ground, rooming with fire ants, screaming about multivariate regression analysis and other utterly useless stuff that won't make me rich, but can induce catatonic rants.

that sounds pleasant. what a shame that you are too stuborn to get a ddo app which might entertain you; since obviously your hole in the ground won't have wifi
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:00:01 PM
At 8/9/2014 11:49:29 AM, debatability wrote:
At 8/9/2014 11:40:47 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

that sounds pleasant. what a shame that you are too stuborn to get a ddo app which might entertain you; since obviously your hole in the ground won't have wifi

I could foresee holes in the future having wifi, or holefi as the kids would say.
~JohnMaynardKeynes