Jump to topic:

What is this new ad banner?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:16:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I keep getting advertisements on the bottom of my screen for hotels, and it is making me less likely to view pages it is so annoying.
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:20:42 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:16:45 AM, YYW wrote:
I keep getting advertisements on the bottom of my screen for hotels, and it is making me less likely to view pages it is so annoying.

Adblock
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:21:31 AM

Hotel ads? That's interesting...I haven't gotten one.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever said to you or bsh, "Get a room you two!?" Perhaps that explains it..
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:22:09 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:20:42 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Adblock

Ya I have that, which is why this is so perplexing...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:23:18 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:21:31 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Hotel ads? That's interesting...I haven't gotten one.

I mean, I've spent quite a few nights in the past two weeks in hotels and maybe that's why I'm getting the ads... but the content is not what's at issue. It's the fact that there are irritating ad banners on the bottom of the screen.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever said to you or bsh, "Get a room you two!?" Perhaps that explains it..

Many times. I'll take your suggestion under advisement.
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:24:46 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:22:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Adblock

Virus, probably
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:24:54 AM
I get adds for straight Asian sating sites...I'd be happy to get hotel adds instead...Can we trade?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:26:05 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:24:46 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 8/17/2014 1:22:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Adblock

Virus, probably

I sure hope not!
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:26:55 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:24:54 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I get adds for straight Asian dating sites...I'd be happy to get hotel adds instead...Can we trade?

fix'd
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:35:49 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:26:55 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I get adds for straight Asian dating sites...I'd be happy to get hotel adds instead...Can we trade?

fix'd

lol

That is so weird. I've gotten pretty bizarre ads before, but that tops the charts. I mean, you are like totally NOT the target audience for that too haha

But really, the only websites that I ever go to are DDO, Amazon.com, Netflix, The New Yorker, The NYT and the occasional retail store websites as well as a lot of travel sites lately so I can kind of understand hotel ads (at least they're ok hotels... Hampton Inn Expresses), but it's the fact that the banner (was) on the bottom of my screen.

After installing adblocker again, it's gone, but it's slowing the hell out of my page load speed...
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:45:30 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:35:49 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

That is so weird. I've gotten pretty bizarre ads before, but that tops the charts. I mean, you are like totally NOT the target audience for that too haha

IKR. I have only ever gotten one add for anything I'd ever use...apparently they don't tailor their adds very well (at least in my case).

But really, the only websites that I ever go to are DDO, Amazon.com, Netflix, The New Yorker, The NYT and the occasional retail store websites as well as a lot of travel sites lately so I can kind of understand hotel ads (at least they're ok hotels... Hampton Inn Expresses), but it's the fact that the banner (was) on the bottom of my screen.

Lol...very exciting internet history...

After installing adblocker again, it's gone, but it's slowing the hell out of my page load speed...

I don't have ad blocker...how do you get it?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:50:24 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:45:30 AM, bsh1 wrote:

fix'd

lol

IKR. I have only ever gotten one add for anything I'd ever use...apparently they don't tailor their adds very well (at least in my case).

lol... what was the ad for?

I really am boring... and I use Safari for all normal stuff and google chrome incognito for the more scandalous variety of web browsing...

Search adblocker in google and it will come up. It's an extension that you can run in your browser that you probably should have -but you don't have too.

DoNotTrackMe Plus is also something you should install, and something that will block a lot of crap from your computer... it's really something that everyone should have to brows the internet more securely.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:53:02 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:50:24 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

I really am boring... and I use Safari for all normal stuff and google chrome incognito for the more scandalous variety of web browsing...

You are ANYTHING but boring, tiger...lol...everyone needs privacy every now and then ;)

Search adblocker in google and it will come up. It's an extension that you can run in your browser that you probably should have -but you don't have too.

Okay...

DoNotTrackMe Plus is also something you should install, and something that will block a lot of crap from your computer... it's really something that everyone should have to brows the internet more securely.

Does it block cookies?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:55:22 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:53:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

haha, I should have known ;)

You are ANYTHING but boring, tiger...lol...everyone needs privacy every now and then ;)

haha I think we're both on exactly the same page there :)

Okay...

Does it block cookies?

Yes. It also keeps third parties from monitoring your online activity.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 1:57:19 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:55:22 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...The model was pretty cute...then again, they always are...

Okay...

Does it block cookies?

That's good. I'll look into it :) Thanks!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:01:07 AM
At 8/17/2014 1:57:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

haha gotta hand it to those underwear models...

Okay...

Does it block cookies?

That's good. I'll look into it :) Thanks!

Right on, hot stuff :)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:02:30 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:01:07 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:21:45 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:02:30 AM, bsh1 wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...

With all their well toned bodies and defined... well... you know ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:22:47 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:21:45 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...

Rofl...I do indeed. Though, I would pass on them all if I could be with you right now.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:26:09 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:22:47 AM, bsh1 wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...

Rofl...I do indeed. Though, I would pass on them all if I could be with you right now.

I mean, underwear models are pretty to look at... but they're inconsequential. The sun rises and falls with your happiness, as far as I'm concerned.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:29:32 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:26:09 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...

I mean, underwear models are pretty to look at... but they're inconsequential. The sun rises and falls with your happiness, as far as I'm concerned.

This is why I love you...why I will always love you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 2:30:51 AM
At 8/17/2014 2:29:32 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/17/2014 2:26:09 AM, YYW wrote:

fix'd

lol

Men's underwear.

Woof.

Lol...yes, you do...

This is why I love you...why I will always love you.

<3
Tsar of DDO