Jump to topic:

Purple circles

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:02:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have been gone for a while and now I see a bunch of people have purple circles as their picture. What does this mean?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:57:55 AM
Oh that's just a gay pride thing........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Nefelibata
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:12:36 AM
At 8/22/2014 3:57:55 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

O.O really? I just joined and this is what I started with. Can I change it?

Not that I have anything against homosexuality... ^_^
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:49:45 AM
At 8/22/2014 4:12:36 AM, Nefelibata wrote:
At 8/22/2014 3:57:55 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

O.O really? I just joined and this is what I started with. Can I change it?

Not that I have anything against homosexuality... ^_^

1) He was joking. The Purp-Circ is just the new default because it is "gender neutral" (PC has invaded DDO).

2) Yes you can change it. In your profile, you can select "edit my profile" (which is below your picture) then "picture." There's a number of choices, plus you can upload from your computer.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:09:34 PM
At 8/22/2014 3:02:52 AM, BennyW wrote:
I have been gone for a while and now I see a bunch of people have purple circles as their picture. What does this mean?

A member with a purple circle is a member of the underground anti-cat cult known as the Barkalotti.

#DownwiththeBarkalotti
#StandwithBastet
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:12:05 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:09:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

A member with a purple circle is a member of the underground anti-cat cult known as the Barkalotti.

#DownwiththeBarkalotti
#StandwithBastet

I see that you have discovered us.

Ok, let me introduce myself. I am John Maynard Keynes, the head of the Barkalotti. We stand against all things regarding cats, ecology, and cheese -- ESPECIALLY cheese. Our mission is simple: win over the hearts and the minds of this online debating website, which in retrospect doesn't make much of a difference in the broader scope of things but damn it we're doing it anyway.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:15:44 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:12:05 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

#DownwiththeBarkalotti
#StandwithBastet

Ok, let me introduce myself. I am John Maynard Keynes, the head of the Barkalotti. We stand against all things regarding cats, ecology, and cheese -- ESPECIALLY cheese. Our mission is simple: win over the hearts and the minds of this online debating website, which in retrospect doesn't make much of a difference in the broader scope of things but damn it we're doing it anyway.

Hello Mr. Keynes. Do not think that you will get away with this. You see, I have already employed Meddling Kids, and they will soon arrive. Everyone knows that Meddling Kids are the downfall of carefully concocted villainy.

Bastet will rise again.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:18:49 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:12:05 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

#DownwiththeBarkalotti
#StandwithBastet

[Only members with a DDO Gold account can read this post.]
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:19:06 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:15:44 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Hello Mr. Keynes. Do not think that you will get away with this. You see, I have already employed Meddling Kids, and they will soon arrive. Everyone knows that Meddling Kids are the downfall of carefully concocted villainy.

Bastet will rise again.

That's where you're wrong, Vice General Pots. You see, this was NOT a carefully concocted villainous plan. In fact, it a spur-of-the-moment, ad-hoc, impulsive rage war against cats -- and cheese and ecology made their ways into it too because, come on, they all suck equally.

Also, meddling kids are *not* enough. No matter how many people you pull from the religion forums to join your insurgency, unless you have the "stupid dog" -- hence, "I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your *stupid dog" -- we win. That is just the point! You can only win if you manage to term one member of my faction against me. It's fool-proof! It's like a lynch-proof jester that visited no one!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:20:33 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:18:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
[Only members with a DDO Gold account can read this post.]

[Censored by the Barkalotti]

Stephen, do you have the stuff? I was told by our chief that [Censored by the Barkalotti] was going to bring [Censored by the Barkalotti] tonight at the [Censored by the Barkalotti].
~JohnMaynardKeynes

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:41:12 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:19:06 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 8/22/2014 6:15:44 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Bastet will rise again.

That's where you're wrong, Vice General Pots. You see, this was NOT a carefully concocted villainous plan. In fact, it a spur-of-the-moment, ad-hoc, impulsive rage war against cats -- and cheese and ecology made their ways into it too because, come on, they all suck equally.

Also, meddling kids are *not* enough. No matter how many people you pull from the religion forums to join your insurgency, unless you have the "stupid dog" -- hence, "I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your *stupid dog" -- we win. That is just the point! You can only win if you manage to term one member of my faction against me. It's fool-proof! It's like a lynch-proof jester that visited no one!

Vice General, eh? So you know about the Legion of Bastet. No matter, the mole will soon be found out and executed.

And as for turning one of your own against you, how do you think we knew about your use of the Purple Circle as a means of identifying fellow Hykso filth on the world wide web? You will not know which one of your trusted friends is your Brutus until the knife is already piercing the heart of the Barkalotti!

And the problem with your "Lynchproof jester that visited no none" is that he cannot win, my friend.

The hour is near. The Legion of Bastet will rise again, and all shall revel in her glory. So it was prophesied in the hieroglyphs on the nose of the Sphinx.

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:44:19 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:41:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Vice General, eh? So you know about the Legion of Bastet. No matter, the mole will soon be found out and executed.

I didn't until you told me! You're the mole, Vice General Pots.

And as for turning one of your own against you, how do you think we knew about your use of the Purple Circle as a means of identifying fellow Hykso filth on the world wide web? You will not know which one of your trusted friends is your Brutus until the knife is already piercing the heart of the Barkalotti!

But you see, Pots, dogs can't use computers! So it isn't possible to turn one against us, hahaha. The purple circles were a mere distraction. They're about as irrelevant as crop circles or an ecology textbook.

And the problem with your "Lynchproof jester that visited no none" is that he cannot win, my friend.

He co-wins with the town!

The hour is near. The Legion of Bastet will rise again, and all shall revel in her glory. So it was prophesied in the hieroglyphs on the nose of the Sphinx.

Yeah, well there was another prophecy on the same sphinx's ars saying that dogs are going to win. Also, sphinxes are biased because they're practically ancestors of the cats.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:50:23 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:44:19 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 8/22/2014 6:41:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I didn't until you told me! You're the mole, Vice General Pots.

But I did not tell you that I am the vice general. Not unless this is some Salt BS.

But you see, Pots, dogs can't use computers! So it isn't possible to turn one against us, hahaha. The purple circles were a mere distraction. They're about as irrelevant as crop circles or an ecology textbook.

I am glad that you see Crop Circles as irrelevant. It shows that your knowledge of our movements is severely limited.

He co-wins with the town!

Only in a JMK game, my friend. Besides, im town, so you must be scum.

Yeah, well there was another prophecy on the same sphinx's ars saying that dogs are going to win. Also, sphinxes are biased because they're practically ancestors of the cats.

Yea but our prophesy came from Sybill Trelawney, so ours is automatically better than yours, and she also said that the wacko writing on the ears was a little loopy, and definitely a wackjob.

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:56:34 PM
At 8/22/2014 6:50:23 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
But I did not tell you that I am the vice general. Not unless this is some Salt BS.

I just assumed that ecologists could only meet the requirements for Vice General, and you confirmed it :D

I am glad that you see Crop Circles as irrelevant. It shows that your knowledge of our movements is severely limited.

I'll drop a few circles in the ground in the shape of dogs and say a few chants over them. Perhaps we'll raise up a dog army.

Only in a JMK game, my friend. Besides, im town, so you must be scum.

OMGUS!

VTL Vice General Pots

/to moderator NK General Cat

Yea but our prophesy came from Sybill Trelawney, so ours is automatically better than yours, and she also said that the wacko writing on the ears was a little loopy, and definitely a wackjob.

But mine came from its ars -- i.e., "pulled out of its ars." It is automatically legitimate, whereas your loopy Trelawney thing fails to phase me.
~JohnMaynardKeynes