Jump to topic:

Mafia Questions

Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2014 11:23:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello there DDO fellows. I just had a few questions regarding DDO mafia that I wanted to ask before I just randomly join a game.

1. Is there any barrier to entry for live mafia games?

2. Does DDO mafia have any special rules or characters (not town or mafia)?

3. Are mafia games always just posted in the forums?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2014 11:56:15 AM
At 8/24/2014 11:23:16 AM, Malacoda wrote:
Hello there DDO fellows. I just had a few questions regarding DDO mafia that I wanted to ask before I just randomly join a game.

1. Is there any barrier to entry for live mafia games?

Unless the Google Hangouts room is full (10 people) then nope, no barriers. Join whenever you'd like!

2. Does DDO mafia have any special rules or characters (not town or mafia)?

Not usually - but sometimes depending on the Mod we might have some unusual roles. Those always serve to make the game more interesting though, and usually does. If you want a basic rundown of the general rules and roles, check out TV's guide to mafia which is a sticky in the games section of forums.

3. Are mafia games always just posted in the forums?

Yes. For the most part. Sometimes someone who starts a mafia hangout will post the link on people's profiles - but usually you will see the thread in the main DDO forums section.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2014 3:22:30 PM
At 8/24/2014 11:58:53 AM, Malacoda wrote:
Awesome. Thanks.

DDO mafia is pretty different than what you may have played or are used to in different forums. If you played on mafiascum for example, you will notice our DP'es are much fast, usualy 1-3 days long rather than a month. Also there is a lot more roles, whereas in different environments there is more vanillas and goons, etc.

We play live mafia through google hangouts every night, I will make sure they send you a link. You could also play forum mafia if you would like, just visit the games section and find a sign ups thread.

I also have three open spots here if you would like to join:
http://www.debate.org...

If you have further questions about the game, or how to play, do not hesitate to PM me and I will answer all your questions.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:16:59 AM
I've only actually played mafia at school. We are pretty much vanilla but we do have a few roles, like a sheriff and a doctor. I'm sure I could get used to this pretty quickly though. Thanks for all the info. I'm in school of course so I probably won't be able to play most nights. Next time I have an open night I'll message you.