Jump to topic:

I am pseudo-back!

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:25:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I want to start off by saying I do not particularly want to be back. When I left, I left having decided I have left for good, however I realize that my love for the people of debate.org overcomes the absolute disgust I have for a certain member.

I think I should start with some apologies. I do pseudo-apologize to bluesteel. I should have engaged his reason for judgement rather than call it nonsense. As for the others I made up with Pots, and while Elizabeth and I are are not best friends, I do not believe we are enemies.

So there is only one person who I do not like: YYW. To that I stick with, he lies, he cheats, but that is besides the point and I do not want to make a fuss again.

Other than this member I apologize to everyone else, I have often come up as an arrogant person, and I hope that can change this time round.

I will not however debate anymore, on the off chance I do, I will only do so with Judge Voting.

Lastly a thank you for the people who supported me and even *ehem* blackmailed *ehem* me to come back.

My thank to AngelofDeath my wife, I love you Kitty. Also to Joey, Pots, Annie, thett, bluesteel (yes he said a lot of nice thing), Geogeer, Mikal, and especially kbub. If I have missed anyone out, forgive me.

Well I do not know if there is much to say. I have come with a new philosophy though, instead of engaging people, I can ignore people. :)

So with that Ajabi is back!
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:27:30 AM
At 8/26/2014 9:25:45 AM, Ajabi wrote:
I want to start off by saying I do not particularly want to be back. When I left, I left having decided I have left for good, however I realize that my love for the people of debate.org overcomes the absolute disgust I have for a certain member.

I think I should start with some apologies. I do pseudo-apologize to bluesteel. I should have engaged his reason for judgement rather than call it nonsense. As for the others I made up with Pots, and while Elizabeth and I are are not best friends, I do not believe we are enemies.

So there is only one person who I do not like: YYW. To that I stick with, he lies, he cheats, but that is besides the point and I do not want to make a fuss again.

Other than this member I apologize to everyone else, I have often come up as an arrogant person, and I hope that can change this time round.

I will not however debate anymore, on the off chance I do, I will only do so with Judge Voting.

Lastly a thank you for the people who supported me and even *ehem* blackmailed *ehem* me to come back.

I deny everything.... and regret nothing xD

My thank to AngelofDeath my wife, I love you Kitty. Also to Joey, Pots, Annie, thett, bluesteel (yes he said a lot of nice thing), Geogeer, Mikal, and especially kbub. If I have missed anyone out, forgive me.

Well I do not know if there is much to say. I have come with a new philosophy though, instead of engaging people, I can ignore people. :)

I may or may not be a cat
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:06:54 AM
Your welcome! :D Yes Angel! We did it!

Raisor- the most important one. -_-
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:48:03 AM
At 8/26/2014 10:46:55 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 8/26/2014 10:06:54 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Raisor- the most important one. -_-

Start a hangout you arsee <3
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

TheLastMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 11:17:41 AM

Welcome back.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:08:08 PM

Who?

A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:15:22 PM
At 8/26/2014 10:06:54 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Your welcome! :D Yes Angel! We did it!

^
I may or may not be a cat
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:16:31 PM
At 8/26/2014 8:08:08 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Who?

Don't fear. He should be here soon. Like a fart in an empty room, he does not stay hidden for long.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:20:13 PM
At 8/26/2014 8:16:31 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Who?

Don't fear. He should be here soon. Like a fart in an empty room, he does not stay hidden for long.

Mikal? Bulproof? Me?

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:32:19 PM

Who?

huh?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:53:41 PM
I feel like abstaining from debate because of your loss against Roy isn't a good idea. Debate is not all about logic, it's about persuading as well. Even if you think you won on the flow, Roy is a good debater and will do a really good job of convincing voters that you haven't. You should instead focus your efforts on broadening your argumentation style.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:59:36 PM
At 8/26/2014 8:32:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Who?

huh?
Like a quietly spreading fart...
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:01:07 PM
At 8/26/2014 8:20:13 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Who?

Mikal? Bulproof? Me?

I'm specifically the one that talked him into coming back after a hour hangout session lol
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:02:55 PM
At 8/26/2014 9:01:07 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:20:13 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Who?

Mikal? Bulproof? Me?

I'm specifically the one that talked him into coming back after a hour hangout session lol

Well, I guess I should thank you then.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:24:53 PM

I think that the fact that you made that statement is indicative enough that you do not understand what you did wrong, that you don't care why it was wrong, or that you lack the self respect to acknowledge that it was wrong. I am inclined to believe that it is some combination of the three. While some people may be willing to forgive you just for returning, I am not among them. Perhaps that makes me a coldhearted person, and that may very well be the case. But, I think that the greater interest here is in how you act going forward.

Whether you like me or not isn't something I'm concerned with, because I know that if you have not already, you will come to accept how immaturely you have acted. I know you respect me, because you plagiarized the PM I sent you when you spoke to Denny and claimed it was your own. I know you are afraid of me, because you refuse to engage me in a meaningful way and you refuse to accept responsibility for wronging me. Both of these are unsavory, and ones which should never take place again -but I do not expect that you have the integrity to, at this time, apologize for them, whether you apologize to bluesteel or not.

I also know that if you are going to be a member of this site, you will run into me. Realize that everything that I said would happen, happened. It played out before your eyes, and it will play out again if you ever try anything like you did again. That's not a threat on my part, because I'm not the one taking the action(s) I know will occur. It's a prediction, which I know will come to pass.

In the event that any of this is unclear to you, and I expect that it may be, let me highlight the more salient parts:

1. There is a certain level of decorum that members are expected to abide by, and you are no exception to that expectation.

2. Whether you like me or not isn't something that I'm concerned with in the moment. Your actions and choices, however, very much concern me because they directly affect my enjoyment of this site.

3. In time, you will realize how childish you have acted. (Because of your cultural background, I do not expect you to ever admit it. I could comment further, but I think doing so would be counterproductive to the more specific points I want to communicate here.)

4. While this was not mentioned above, I list it here because of how important it is:

Initially, I thought you were a pretty cool kid. You're smart enough, you were polite and you generally made friends very easily. Then, all of a sudden, something snapped because you lost a debate and the entire manor in which you conducted yourself on this forum changed from that of a (strange) but relatively ok kid, to among the most sour in recent memory.

I make room for the possibility that that's because you've got stuff in your personal life, and I understand that -because in many ways it's hard to compartmentalize one's life into echelons of emotional isolation. If that's the case, you should have just said so. I'm a reasonable person, and I would have understood. But, just the behavioral change in isolation (with nothing to contextualize) looks really bad on your end. The fact that you kept at it for so long amplifies that, as well.

The reason I mention this is because there are two possible worlds: either I was right based on my initial (positive) impression of you, or I was wrong and you fooled me -because I thought you were a good person to begin with. That is why I intervened when certain things happened in the past, and tried to resolve it. But, when I gave you a (well deserved) loss against one of the most reputable debaters on this site, you took it as a personal slight, blew the issue out of proportion and it has -to this point- essentially cost you a friendship.

My only question is this: was it worth it?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:26:22 PM
At 8/26/2014 8:53:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
I feel like abstaining from debate because of your loss against Roy isn't a good idea. Debate is not all about logic, it's about persuading as well. Even if you think you won on the flow, Roy is a good debater and will do a really good job of convincing voters that you haven't. You should instead focus your efforts on broadening your argumentation style.

He never left because he lost against Roy. He lost because I gave him the loss against Roy, and he felt personally betrayed by that. Insofar as he felt betrayed, he reacted as if someone who was betrayed would.

But, he had no right to feel betrayed.
Tsar of DDO
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:45:39 AM

And oh look Yama you were right, here he is.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:46:38 AM

I love ya too thett. :P
I do hold that I should have won, however I could have done a better job in explaining my arguments, this tells me to keep Judge voting next time. :P
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 3:50:08 AM
YYW is trying to expel me from the Supreme Council of Determination, till now he does not have a vote.

More importantly I should tell the viewers that I will not reply to YYW because doing so would be engaging a child. When a child throws a tantrum, do you care? No. Let him do as he pleases, he is all bark, and his bark is rather amusing to see.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:16:28 AM
At 8/26/2014 9:26:22 PM, YYW wrote:

He never left because he lost against Roy. He lost because I gave him the loss against Roy, and he felt personally betrayed by that. Insofar as he felt betrayed, he reacted as if someone who was betrayed would.

But, he had no right to feel betrayed.

derp.....
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink