Jump to topic:

Any Creationists?

LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 9:24:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd like to know who on this Site is a Creationist.
If you are an open Creationist, could you say so here so that I know who you are?

When I have identified a high enough number of them then I'll explain to them what I have in mind. Until then, do not mind how suspicious you think I'm acting.

Thank you in advance.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:55:43 PM
At 8/28/2014 9:24:18 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
If you are an open Creationist, could you say so here so that I know who you are?

When I have identified a high enough number of them then I'll explain to them what I have in mind. Until then, do not mind how suspicious you think I'm acting.

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist, but I'm kind of tired of arguing about it all the time.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:35:00 PM
I need to breathe out my soul against Mr. Creationist for going to great lengths to conceal his true aims and mislead the public. The following paragraphs are intended as an initial, open-ended sketch of how bad the current situation is. After hours of sifting through his unrealistic, effrontive writings I finally realized that I warrant that Creationist is an indecent, brain-damaged hooligan. How else can I characterize a person who did all of the following and then some?

*Manipulate public understanding of nosism
*Cause this country to flounder on the shoals of self-interest, corruption, and chaos
*Do away with intellectual honesty

I could lengthen this list, but I shall rest my case. The point is that I am sick of our illustrious "leaders" treading on eggshells so as not to upset Creationist. Here's what I have to say to them: Creationist's primary goal is to institutionalize onanism through systematic violence, distorted religion, and dubious science. All of his other objectives are secondary to this one supreme purpose. That's why you must always remember that there's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I allege, there's a time to reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of sinful grafters. Or, to put it less poetically, difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to take action.

Creationist argues that his opinions represent the opinions of the majority"or even a plurality. To maintain this thesis, Creationist naturally has had to shovel away a mountain of evidence, which he does by the desperate expedient of claiming that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't. He has repeatedly indicated a desire to form the association in the public's mind between any pronouncements he disagrees with and the ideas of hate and violence and illegality. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Creationist's legates so frequently attribute to Creationist? The myopic blathering of a pertinacious caitiff is more like it. In fact, if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to hammer out solutions on the anvil of discourse.

When we anneal discourse with honesty, clear thinking, and a sense of moral good, we are not only threading our way through a maze of competing interests; we are weaving the very pattern of our social fabric. Creationist's cop-outs are popular among thrasonical, distasteful tatterdemalions but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to accept them. Creationist has allowed himself to become a spokesman for the same point of view shared by semi-intelligible heresiarchs, foolhardy sewer rats, and ribald smatchets while masquerading as an outspoken radical bucking the system. He gets particularly concerned whenever someone indicates that he doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. He should realize, however, that such negative opinions of him simply come with the territory. Rather than try to suppress the unflattering things people say about him, Creationist would do well to consider that he should have been placed long ago in a locked psychiatric unit. I personally would have committed Creationist to such a facility under the justification that he always looks the other way when one of his brethren gets it in his head to prey on people's emotions of fear, envy, and resentment. Apparently, the principle laid down by Jean-Marie Collot d'Herbois during the French Reign of Terror still holds true today: Tout est permis " quiconque agit dans le sens de la r"volution.

After all, Creationist possesses no significant intellectual skills whatsoever and has no interest in erudition. Heck, he can't even spell or define "erudition", much less achieve it. His comment that there is an international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Not only did all of us misfortunate enough to have to listen to him make that comment become dumber as a result, but I aver that a lot more people now understand why I contend that thanks to Creationist, we're all in a freefall into a pit of unilateralism. There are important lessons in that, even apart from another reminder that some people believe that one day Creationist's admirers will get people to sign a petition to limit Creationist's ability to cause trouble. Such people are doomed to disappointment, especially when one considers that Creationist seems to have recently added the word "noninterventionalist" to his otherwise simplistic vocabulary. I suppose he intends to use big words like that to obscure the fact that unlike the usual, vile, garden-variety agelast, he has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which we have too much freedom. Then again, just because Creationist is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that everything he says is utterly and completely true.

To those readers who believe that voyeurism forms the core of any utopian society, you have not been paying attention. Creationist is a financial predator who preys on the elderly, the gullible, and the vulnerable. He seeks their assets to support his own lavish lifestyle. Keep that in mind while I state the following: I used to claim that Creationist was a scornful punk. However, after seeing how he wants to pour a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm, I now have an even lower opinion of him. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Creationist sees himself as a postmodern equivalent of Marx's proletariat, revolutionizing the world by wresting it from its oppressors (viz., those who provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from charlatanism, antidisestablishmentarianism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance).

Creationist loves using big words like "uncharacteristically" and "scleroticochorioiditis". As a result, he writes like a mentally ill person with a thesaurus. That got me thinking: Perhaps now that I've been exposed to Creationist's holier-than-thou attitudes I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps when I hear Creationist's lackeys parrot the party line"that people prefer "cultural integrity" and "multicultural sensitivity" to health, food, safety, and the opportunity to choose their own course through life"I see them not as people but as machines. The appropriate noises are coming out of their larynges, but their brains are not involved as they would be if they were thinking about how I feel that Creationist has insulted everyone with even the slightest moral commitment. He obviously has none or he wouldn't contravene decency.

Whenever Creationist announces that he has the trappings of deity, his lickspittles applaud on cue and the accolades are long and ostentatious. What's funny is that they don't provide similar feedback whenever I tell them that Creationist truly believes that granting him complete control over our lives is as important as breathing air. I hope you realize that that's just a cantankerous pipe dream from a grotty, sneaky pipe and that in the real world, if they could speak, the birds, snakes, and other creatures who are our Earth brothers and Earth sisters would indeed say that if Creationist gets his way, I might very well hang myself by the neck until dead.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:35:23 PM
I like to say that by any objective standard, Creationist's anecdotes are entirely tetchy. He never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that everyone with a different set of beliefs from his is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. I guess that version better fits his style"or should I say, "agenda"? If I am correctly informed, there can be no argument that Dadaism is an exclusive, rather than an inclusive, societal force. In any case, I've known some mythomaniacs who were impressively deplorable. However, Creationist is morbid and that trumps deplorable every time.

Let me clue you in on a little something: We must stop tiptoeing and begin marching boldly and forthrightly towards our goal, which is to deal stiffly with indelicate bloodsuckers who create a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance. In the course of my work I regularly come in contact with vindictive, wrongheaded big-mouths, and most of them also feel that if Creationist continues to intensify race hatred, crime will escalate as schools deteriorate, corruption increases, and quality of life plummets. He does not want to pander to our worst fears because he is uncivilized, viperine, chauvinistic, and treacherous (though, granted, Creationist is all of the aforementioned) but rather because Creationist has somehow made up his mind that governments should have the right to lie to their own subjects or to other governments. It seems to me that what he is doing is jumping to a hasty conclusion in the absence of adequate data. A more reasoned analysis would reveal that I frequently talk about how Creationist has little respect for laws or for any behavior that most people would consider requisite for a sustainable information economy. I would drop the subject except that he has never satisfactorily proved his assertion that our elected officials should be available for purchase by special-interest groups. He has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, "Because I said so."

I've always thought that it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is to convince Creationist's cohorts to speak up and speak out against him, and hearing the rubbish that he spews forth proves it beyond all doubt. Creationist has delivered exactly the opposite of what he had previously promised us. Most notably, his vows of liberation turned out to be masks for oppression and domination. And, almost as troubling, Creationist's vows of equality did little more than convince people that Creationist and other voices of sadism have joined in a chorus singing the praises of diverting our attention from serious issues. I know you're wondering why I just wrote that. I'll explain shortly, but first, I should state that it wasn't so long ago that people like you and me were free to complain about goofy hell-raisers. Recently, that's become a lot harder to do. What happened that changed things so much? To put it briefly, Creationist happened. By destabilizing the already volatile social fabric that he purportedly aims to save, Creationist has managed to fuel the fires of hatred. The take-away message of this letter is that I am not complaining about that. We should hold these words to our bosom, use them as a shield against Mr. Creationist's inequities, and wield them unilaterally against those who would impale us on the pike of terrorism.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:09:24 AM

Thank you in advance.

I'm a creationist - obviously the world is only a few thousand years old. I don't care about oil deposits, fossils, etc., that is just God testing us. I have faith and I won't be going to hell unlike all you non-believers!!!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:10:02 AM
At 8/29/2014 10:09:24 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I'm a creationist - obviously the world is only a few thousand years old. I don't care about oil deposits, fossils, etc., that is just God testing us. I have faith and I won't be going to hell unlike all you non-believers!!!

My pet dinosaur could beat up your pet dinosaur.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:26:44 AM

Thank you in advance.

I am a creationist on Tuesdays.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:10:17 AM
At 8/29/2014 10:26:44 AM, Envisage wrote:

Thank you in advance.

What does THAT mean????
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:23:13 AM
At 8/29/2014 11:10:17 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you in advance.

What does THAT mean????

What else could it mean? Lol. Face-value.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:35:17 AM
At 8/29/2014 10:10:02 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Dinosaurs are a lie. Just another test by God. (This is literally what a creationist told me once).
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:36:49 AM
At 8/29/2014 11:35:17 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Dinosaurs are a lie. Just another test by God. (This is literally what a creationist told me once).

I thought the creation museum was full of images of people -- Adam and Eve presumably -- riding dinosaurs.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:38:52 AM

Thank you in advance.

http://rationalwiki.org...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:39:59 AM
At 8/29/2014 11:36:49 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

I thought the creation museum was full of images of people -- Adam and Eve presumably -- riding dinosaurs.

Lol, not in any creation museums I've been too. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen images of mankind riding dinosaurs even in real museums like the Smithsonian in D.C.

Then again, they didn't have cameras to capture the dinosaur races held between rival tribes, so who knows.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:47:14 AM
At 8/29/2014 11:39:59 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Lol, not in any creation museums I've been too. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen images of mankind riding dinosaurs even in real museums like the Smithsonian in D.C.

Then again, they didn't have cameras to capture the dinosaur races held between rival tribes, so who knows.

I thought that was Ken Ham's thing! Haha, I saw a youtube video on it somewhere. Maybe I'll try to dig it up.

Dinosaur races sound positively thrilling, though....future council field trip?
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:00:26 PM
At 8/29/2014 11:47:14 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 8/29/2014 11:39:59 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I thought that was Ken Ham's thing! Haha, I saw a youtube video on it somewhere. Maybe I'll try to dig it up.

LOL, omg ever since his debate against Bill Nye the science guy I've just dismissed everything he says. If you find that video, I'm sure it'll bring me a laugh so I welcome the search with open arms!

http://i275.photobucket.com...

^This guy knows where to find em. I'll get directions from him and we'll rent a short yellow bus :)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:38:17 PM
At 8/29/2014 11:23:13 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/29/2014 11:10:17 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you in advance.

What does THAT mean????

What else could it mean? Lol. Face-value.

You must be trolling. :D

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 1:28:10 PM
At 8/29/2014 12:00:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
LOL, omg ever since his debate against Bill Nye the science guy I've just dismissed everything he says. If you find that video, I'm sure it'll bring me a laugh so I welcome the search with open arms!

I cringed watching that debate...I had to fast forward through everything Ken Ham said.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com...

^This guy knows where to find em. I'll get directions from him and we'll rent a short yellow bus :)

Woot!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 1:35:36 PM
At 8/29/2014 1:28:10 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 8/29/2014 12:00:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I cringed watching that debate...I had to fast forward through everything Ken Ham said.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com...

I actually went to look it up myself and apparently the flood wiped out the dinosaurs. That's the story they are sticking with. I bet that's exactly what it is presented as in that museum. Still though, I'd go for that sweet zip-line alone! When I first saw that debate I was like, "ooooo, so this is what that bill nye guy is up too nowadays, lol".

Woot!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 1:38:14 PM

That sounds so cute. Reminds me of Radioactive.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 2:33:35 PM

Thank you in advance.

I'm not a cartoonist. I always sucked at drawing stuff, but if you draw something I'll write some dialogue.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 3:58:59 PM
I consider all possibilities including creation. The way I see it there are 3 choices. You can believe that the universe and everything in it is one big chaotic fluke (evolution) . It was created by an intelligence so vast that the human mind can't even begin to comprehend it. Or you can combine one of the two with a third possibility. All life on earth was seeded by an alien race light years more advanced than humans but still have the origin of the universe unanswered. I reject none of those possibilities as no one and I mean no one can prove a damn thing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 4:02:32 PM

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 4:57:09 PM
At 8/29/2014 4:02:32 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist.

That's good to know.
Do you know of any other Creationists on this Site (not counting Mishapqueen)?

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:16:36 PM
At 8/29/2014 4:57:09 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist.

That's good to know.

v3nesl is a Creationist, but maybe not in the sense you're thinking of. I think he's considers Genesis as merely the best explanation yet, and not necessarily the correct one.

Are you looking for Biblical Creationists, as opposed to just people who subscribe to Intelligent Design?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:20:33 PM

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist.

That's good to know.

AstridDragonslayer is one. I have a few suspects, but I'm not sure.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 8:07:53 PM
At 8/29/2014 6:16:36 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Creationist.

That's good to know.

v3nesl is a Creationist, but maybe not in the sense you're thinking of. I think he's considers Genesis as merely the best explanation yet, and not necessarily the correct one.

Are you looking for Biblical Creationists, as opposed to just people who subscribe to Intelligent Design?

Either one will work.