Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO Episode 17

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 6:46:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The previous episode can be located at these secret coordinates: http://www.debate.org...

This episode was not canon to the series. Sorry: http://www.debate.org...

We're nearing our season finale, everyone! Another 3-5 episodes depending. Thanks for sticking around so long! Everyone who reads is awesome, and everyone who reads and comments is awesomer!

<3 you Annie!

22 Years Earlier

Zaradi waited, 8-year-old arms straining from the weight of the two water buckets he was carrying, but he didn't dare set them down until his father gave the word. His father, for his part, continued idling in his armchair. He turned the page of his book, Beyond Good and Evil, and began reading the next page.

This process had happened at least a dozen times while Zaradi just stood there, arms threatening to fall off his body. Yet he didn't dare set down either bucket. He would faint before he allowed that to happen.

A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead and along his cheek. Zaradi stiffened as he felt it fall from his body. He moved the bucket, but he wasn't quick enough. There was the faintest plosh sound.

Zaradi's father set the book down and rose from the chair. He turned toward Zaradi with nightmarish slowness. He took one imperial step forward, and then another, and then another, and this continued until he loomed over Zaradi. Almost tenderly, he bent down and took the buckets from his son.

Zaradi's eyes watered and turned upwards to stare his dad in the face. The faintest note of hope burned in them. "Dad?"

Zaradi's father upended both buckets over Zaradi's head.

"You got sweat in the water," he grumbled, making his way back to his chair. "Try again."

By the time the water - fresh and salt - had been cleared from Zaradi's face, the light of hope that had been in his eyes had vanished with it. There wasn't a shred of doubt in his mind, heart, and soul. His father was a tyrant.

Present Day

"I don't believe it," CP said, staring down at Larz's body. "You killed him."

"I'm a troll," answered Imabench. "A monster. The scourge of the Internet. Nobody knows what I might do." He turned to look at CP, eyes flashing. "The question is, what will you do?"

"I don't under -"

CP's words cut off as a stinging pain erupted along his side. Stunned, he stared at the bloody metal clutched in Imabench's hand. He touched his side gingerly and examined the sticky liquid on his hand.

"You stabbed me."

"I sliced you." Imabench stepped away and raised his voice. "All fear Imabench, Lord of the Trolls!" Then he vanished in the blink of an eye. CP raked his eyes around the room, but Imabench was nowhere to be seen. There was only Pitbull, staring at his falling king.

"Larz," he gasped, rushing forward. He knelt by the former ruler of Edb8. "Larz?" CP searched again, but there was still no sign of Imabench. He closed his eyes in relief. Imabench was fiendishly clever. But what he had said still bothered CP.

Nobody knows what I might do.

Maybe not, CP admitted. But he knew what he was going to do. Walking forward, CP laid a hand on Pitbull's shoulder. The wound on his side complained, but CP ignored the pain.

"The good King Larz died valiantly defending his kingdom," CP announced solemnly. I tried to assist him, but I was wounded."

Pitbull glanced up, suspicion dancing across his features. "I was knocked out."

"So was I. I heard fighting when I awoke and rushed in to see that demon Imabench attacking the King."

Pitbull's gaze fell to the wound on CP's side. "You were...injured?"

CP nodded. "I tried to warn your King about the tyranny of DDO. But even I never thought they'd go this far. Help me, Pitbull. Help me avenge your King! Help me destroy the dictators who robbed him of life!"

Pitbull gave a great shudder and lowered his head. His long hair fell forward, concealing his face. "Very well, CP. We will assist you."

"I need to make a quick call," Romanii said as Seventh held open the door to her home.

"Sure." Seventh smiled. "Phone's in the other room." Romanii nodded and walked off. Seventh turned to her guest. "Come in, Bookworm. Make yourself comfortable."

Bookworm entered shyly, eyes darting over everything as if expecting to see assassins everywhere. The stairs, the hatstand, the parlor entry - nothing escaped her notice. After all, she had a journalist's eye. For a moment, she saw Jifpop's face as he smiled at her, called her his best reporter. The face that had so recently glared at her with the knowledge of betrayal before going blank forever.

Bookworm pushed the memory away.

"We can't stay here long," she said. "It's safer to keep moving."

"Right," Seventh nodded. "Let's start planning out this prison break then. I'll just go see if Romanii's ready." She turned away from Bookworm and entered the parlor. The door moved silently, and she eased it shut. This could be a good time to have a quick chat with Romanii about Bookworm's trustworthiness. Sure, she said she'd killed Jifpop, but....

It was dark in the parlor room. Seventh eased her way forward, careful not to crash into any of the furniture. She saw a figure standing near the window. Romanii. She opened her mouth to call out to him when he spoke.

"No, no, nothing like that. It's just something my friends and I have to do. Of course we'll be safe. Of course I'll come back. Do you really think I'd leave you? I love you, Debate! Do you question that? I've never loved anyone but you!"

Seventh stopped moving. Her brain shut down. Her mind screamed and flat-lined. Her legs sent her staggering back toward the entrance, moving automatically. Her heart shattered like dropped glass.

Seventh fled through the parlor doors. Someone - Bookworm - asked if she was alright. Seventh kept running, out the main entrance and down into the sprawling city.

The sun peered into the sky like a newborn baby, hesitant, but gradually growing more certain. In another hour, the market would be bustling with activity. Debates would be occurring, goods would be bought and sold in an exchange of ELO, hunts for rebels would continue - in short, the morning would bring motion and life back to the Kingdom.

Seventh didn't think about any of this. She thought only of escaping Romanii and the pain of his memory. Her heart continued breaking with every step she took until even the shattered remnants of her life were ground into dust and ash.

YYW didn't move.

He didn't look up when they called his name, didn't react when they patted his shoulder or when they hugged him, didn't answer when they spoke to him. Eventually they left him alone, kneeling on the messy floor of his and bsh1's room. He barely noticed that.

He remember bsh1 tightening his breastplate, asking if he would come back. He had smiled, kissed him, and said "what do you think?" YYW had told bsh1 to stay here, where it would be safe.

And now bsh1 was gone. And it was all his fault.

A man who has cried an ocean ought to have no tears left, but YYW still did. His eyes were red, swollen, and puffy. His nose didn't typically run when he cried, but now the area around his nose and mouth was sticky. His face burned. Yet he still didn't move. He didn't even feel it when the sun's morning rays fell into his lap, like bsh1 had so many times before.

"YYW?" The voice was hesitant, but it was new. Someone who hadn't tried to console him before. Someone he knew. His mind fumbled for a few seconds before making the connection. Thett. It was Thett.

He felt rather than heard Thett kneel beside him. Thett didn't speak again. He didn't even touch YYW. He just knelt there next to him, waiting in silence.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 6:46:41 PM
Eventually, YYW leaned sideways, allowing himself to fall over Thett. Vision fading, he glanced up. Thett's concerned face stared down at him. YYW tried to speak, but he was exhausted. There was only one thing he wanted to do now.

YYW closed his eyes.

Beyond the walls of the Kingdom, deep in the Pollust, a cloud of black smoke appeared. It billowed in the air, hanging like a swollen spider. It seemed to grow darker with each passing second, if it were possible for darkness to get darker. It was an ink stain on the pages of existence.

Then the cloud shrank.

As if repelled by Juggle itself, the cloud contracted to a single point. For a few seconds, the period of darkness loomed in the air. Then it, too, vanished, leaving a body in its place.

The body gently fell a few feet to the Pollust ground. Leaves and grass offered a soft, if dirty, landing. The body lay there for several minutes, its only movement being a slight rise and fall of its chest.

A bird tweeted nearby, and the body reacted. It placed an arm beneath itself and pushed against the ground, managing to reach a kneeling position. Then it lifted its face. Its stomach erupted in fiery streaks of pain, but it did not fall.

Linkish felt the sunlight, absolute heaven after the frozen hell of Ore_Ele's magic. If it weren't for the pain in his stomach, he might have smiled.

He was free. And, more importantly, he was still alive. Very. Much. Alive.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 7:00:56 PM
yusssss
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:40:53 PM
Nice :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:48:13 PM
<3 you Annie!
<3 u more my love!

22 Years Earlier
Zaradi's father upended both buckets over Zaradi's head.

"You got sweat in the water," he grumbled, making his way back to his chair. "Try again."

By the time the water - fresh and salt - had been cleared from Zaradi's face, the light of hope that had been in his eyes had vanished with it. There wasn't a shred of doubt in his mind, heart, and soul. His father was a tyrant.
MEANIE!!! DIE DIE DIE!!! CRUEL BASTARD!!!

Present Day

"I don't believe it," CP said, staring down at Larz's body. "You killed him."

der -"

CP's words cut off as a stinging pain erupted along his side. Stunned, he stared at the bloody metal clutched in Imabench's hand. He touched his side gingerly and examined the sticky liquid on his hand.

"You stabbed me."
In the back.
"I sliced you." Imabench stepped away and raised his voice. "All fear Imabench, Lord of the Trolls!" Then he vanished in the blink of an eye. CP raked his eyes around the room, but Imabench was nowhere to be seen. There was only Pitbull, staring at his falling king.
All fear Imabench, Lord of the Trolls!
"Larz," he gasped, rushing forward. He knelt by the former ruler of Edb8. "Larz?" CP searched again, but there was still no sign of Imabench. He closed his eyes in relief. Imabench was fiendishly clever. But what he had said still bothered CP.

Nobody knows what I might do.

Maybe not, CP admitted. But he knew what he was going to do. Walking forward, CP laid a hand on Pitbull's shoulder. The wound on his side complained, but CP ignored the pain.

"The good King Larz died valiantly defending his kingdom," CP announced solemnly. I tried to assist him, but I was wounded."

Pitbull's gaze fell to the wound on CP's side. "You were...injured?"

CP nodded. "I tried to warn your King about the tyranny of DDO. But even I never thought they'd go this far. Help me, Pitbull. Help me avenge your King! Help me destroy the dictators who robbed him of life!"

Pitbull gave a great shudder and lowered his head. His long hair fell forward, concealing his face. "Very well, CP. We will assist you."

"I need to make a quick call," Romanii said as Seventh held open the door to her home.

"Sure." Seventh smiled. "Phone's in the other room." Romanii nodded and walked off. Seventh turned to her guest. "Come in, Bookworm. Make yourself comfortable."

Bookworm entered shyly, eyes darting over everything as if expecting to see assassins everywhere. The stairs, the hatstand, the parlor entry - nothing escaped her notice. After all, she had a journalist's eye. For a moment, she saw Jifpop's face as he smiled at her, called her his best reporter. The face that had so recently glared at her with the knowledge of betrayal before going blank forever.

Bookworm pushed the memory away.

Poor Bookworm. :( Actions have consequences. Some will haunt you forever.

"We can't stay here long," she said. "It's safer to keep moving."

"Right," Seventh nodded. "Let's start planning out this prison break then. I'll just go see if Romanii's ready." She turned away from Bookworm and entered the parlor. The door moved silently, and she eased it shut.

"No, no, nothing like that. It's just something my friends and I have to do. Of course we'll be safe. Of course I'll come back. Do you really think I'd leave you? I love you, Debate! Do you question that? I've never loved anyone but you!"

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE YOU NEED TO DIE RIGHT NOW JUST DIE !!!
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seventh stopped moving. Her brain shut down. Her mind screamed and flat-lined. Her legs sent her staggering back toward the entrance, moving automatically. Her heart shattered like dropped glass.
I think I just felt my heart broke... Poor Sev

Seventh fled through the parlor doors. Someone - Bookworm - asked if she was alright. Seventh kept running, out the main entrance and down into the sprawling city.
NOOOOO!!! SEVENTH, JUST GO KNOCK HIM OUT AND GUT HIM LIKE A FISH!!! DON'T LET ARSEHOLES LIKE HIM BOTHER YOU!!!

The sun peered into the sky like a newborn baby, hesitant, but gradually growing more certain. In another hour, the market would be bustling with activity. Debates would be occurring, goods would be bought and sold in an exchange of ELO, hunts for rebels would continue - in short, the morning would bring motion and life back to the Kingdom.
Life goes on.
Seventh didn't think about any of this. She thought only of escaping Romanii and the pain of his memory. Her heart continued breaking with every step she took until even the shattered remnants of her life were ground into dust and ash.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OUAD ROMANIIIIIIIIIII DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*PLOTS MURDER*

YYW didn't move.

He didn't look up when they called his name, didn't react when they patted his shoulder or when they hugged him, didn't answer when they spoke to him. Eventually they left him alone, kneeling on the messy floor of his and bsh1's room. He barely noticed that.
Aww.
He remember bsh1 tightening his breastplate, asking if he would come back. He had smiled, kissed him, and said "what do you think?" YYW had told bsh1 to stay here, where it would be safe.
*takes a step back*
And now bsh1 was gone. And it was all his fault.
*sniffles and lower lip trembles*
A man who has cried an ocean ought to have no tears left, but YYW still did. His eyes were red, swollen, and puffy. His nose didn't typically run when he cried, but now the area around his nose and mouth was sticky. His face burned. Yet he still didn't move. He didn't even feel it when the sun's morning rays fell into his lap, like bsh1 had so many times before.
*bursts out crying*
"YYW?" The voice was hesitant, but it was new. Someone who hadn't tried to console him before. Someone he knew. His mind fumbled for a few seconds before making the connection. Thett. It was Thett.
Thett's going to betray Zaradi, who for some reason keeps making me think of Zero... and someone else I know... Hmm...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:50:05 PM
At 8/30/2014 6:46:26 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
<3 you Annie!
I love you so much. :-)
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:27:53 AM
Is there any other ongoing series and are they all posted in the DDO section?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:19:15 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:27:53 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

This is the only ongoing one. Daytona had House of Cards but left. Zaradi finished the first season of Attack on DDO. Jonbonbon had Star Debate but took a break from the site and gave it to bsh1 (who hasn't continued it). Bsh1 did two parts of a story in the Entertainment forum but hasn't posted in a while. YYW had Toward Pennsylvania Avenue but discontinued it. Esocial had Ramblings but hasn't updated it in forever.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:20:37 PM
At 8/30/2014 10:50:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
<3 you Annie!

I love you, and I love your comments throughout my sections. They make me want to upload them faster :)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:23:07 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:19:15 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

This is the only ongoing one. Daytona had House of Cards but left. Zaradi finished the first season of Attack on DDO. Jonbonbon had Star Debate but took a break from the site and gave it to bsh1 (who hasn't continued it). Bsh1 did two parts of a story in the Entertainment forum but hasn't posted in a while. YYW had Toward Pennsylvania Avenue but discontinued it. Esocial had Ramblings but hasn't updated it in forever.

Hey don't forget about my glorious works of art
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:24:12 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:23:07 PM, thett3 wrote:

You stopped yours as well. I really enjoyed yours. <3
Also, you left me off the Burn Book, so.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:27:19 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:24:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Haha yeah. I may make another if I get bored...I never get tired of praising myself.

And I'm sorry! There were a lot of people I had hoped to include but I only added names when I read the quote and it came to me naturally
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:28:56 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:27:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/31/2014 8:24:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Haha yeah. I may make another if I get bored...I never get tired of praising myself.

May your praises ring from the heavens and shake the earth!

And I'm sorry! There were a lot of people I had hoped to include but I only added names when I read the quote and it came to me naturally

Alright. Fair enough.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 9:29:04 PM
At 8/31/2014 8:20:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 8/30/2014 10:50:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
<3 you Annie!

I love you, and I love your comments throughout my sections. They make me want to upload them faster :)

I love you, and your comments on everything. You're one of the few people I have faith in that won't let me down, and I'm counting on to reassure me that people don't all suck.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 10:17:42 PM

Esocial had Ramblings but hasn't updated it in forever.

BLEH!!! I tried to write something but I don't know where I'm going with this story anymore. I plotted out everything but I'm unhappy with what I planned out now.
---
Also, Solon has one in the entertainment section.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 3:18:40 AM

Oh ok. Cause I have a fanfiction I want to start. So it's cool if I post it in this section right?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 12:01:25 PM
At 9/1/2014 3:18:40 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Oh ok. Cause I have a fanfiction I want to start. So it's cool if I post it in this section right?

Shouldn't be a problem. You can post it here or the Entertainment section.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 1:06:34 PM
At 8/30/2014 6:46:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Eventually, YYW leaned sideways, allowing himself to fall over Thett. Vision fading, he glanced up. Thett's concerned face stared down at him. YYW tried to speak, but he was exhausted. There was only one thing he wanted to do now.

YYW closed his eyes.

Beyond the walls of the Kingdom, deep in the Pollust, a cloud of black smoke appeared. It billowed in the air, hanging like a swollen spider. It seemed to grow darker with each passing second, if it were possible for darkness to get darker. It was an ink stain on the pages of existence.

Then the cloud shrank.

As if repelled by Juggle itself, the cloud contracted to a single point. For a few seconds, the period of darkness loomed in the air. Then it, too, vanished, leaving a body in its place.

The body gently fell a few feet to the Pollust ground. Leaves and grass offered a soft, if dirty, landing. The body lay there for several minutes, its only movement being a slight rise and fall of its chest.

A bird tweeted nearby, and the body reacted. It placed an arm beneath itself and pushed against the ground, managing to reach a kneeling position. Then it lifted its face. Its stomach erupted in fiery streaks of pain, but it did not fall.

Linkish felt the sunlight, absolute heaven after the frozen hell of Ore_Ele's magic. If it weren't for the pain in his stomach, he might have smiled.

He was free. And, more importantly, he was still alive. Very. Much. Alive.

HOLY BALONIES HES BACK. like a cat nine lives all the way!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 1:36:27 PM

Sure! Here or in entertainment.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:58:50 PM
At 9/1/2014 12:01:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem. You can post it here or the Entertainment section.

Ok thank you.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:59:37 PM
At 9/1/2014 1:36:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Sure! Here or in entertainment.

Thank you.