Jump to topic:

Raisor and I : Objective Morality

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:55:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is going to happen within a month I think, and was going to happen a while ago. We are going to figure out how to phrase the res and work up some of the stips but need some good objective judges.

Note : It's going to be open voting

I am going to message airmax beforehand and have him restrict certain people from voting on this but I would love some good quality judges to read over and vote as this will be a good one. Was hoping to debate bluesteel first but this presented itself sooner

If you are interested let me know and i'll keep you posted when it starts
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:56:37 PM
At 9/8/2014 10:55:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is going to happen within a month I think, and was going to happen a while ago. We are going to figure out how to phrase the res and work up some of the stips but need some good objective judges.

I am going to message airmax beforehand and have him restrict certain people from voting on this but I would love some good quality judges to read over and vote as this will be a good one. Was hoping to debate bluesteel first but this presented itself sooner

Who are you going to restrict? Please PM me. I'm dying to know... lol

Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:57:27 PM
At 9/8/2014 10:56:37 PM, YYW wrote:

shadow, mishap, truthseekr, cypher. People that objectively hate me and always vote against me. I'm giving raisor the same option

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:58:21 PM
At 9/8/2014 10:57:27 PM, Mikal wrote:

shadow, mishap, truthseekr, cypher. People that objectively hate me and always vote against me. I'm giving raisor the same option

Mishap hates you?

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:59:08 PM
At 9/8/2014 10:58:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Mishap hates you?

She objectively votes scummy

UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 11:01:26 PM
i am very x100 interested in following this debate.
i've been looking for good arguments on both the pro and con sides of objective morality for quite a while now.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 11:05:04 PM

lol, ok.

Fvck all of those people.
Tsar of DDO
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 11:44:42 PM

I can judge if you would like.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 11:46:53 PM
I'm definitely interested in the debate, but I probably won't vote unless it's really obvious who won because I'm biased.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 2:42:44 AM

Why a morality based on debate and rational discourse is preferable to an objective morality handed down from on high ==============>
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 9:12:54 AM

Wait, I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone.

You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 9:35:45 AM
At 9/9/2014 9:12:54 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

I don't think he thinks you hate him as much as he thinks you're biased and desperately need to rethink your judging paradigms. No offense but your RFD on his debate with truth seeker about God existing was absolutely terrible

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 9:54:00 AM
At 9/9/2014 9:35:45 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 9/9/2014 9:12:54 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

I don't think he thinks you hate him as much as he thinks you're biased and desperately need to rethink your judging paradigms. No offense but your RFD on his debate with truth seeker about God existing was absolutely terrible

Yeah, I was so confused and tired. That was WAY out of my league. I do try, but thank you for the clarification and feedback.

You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 12:52:22 PM
At 9/8/2014 11:01:26 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
i am very x100 interested in following this debate.
i've been looking for good arguments on both the pro and con sides of objective morality for quite a while now.

Whoever said Intellectualism is dead, right?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 3:22:37 PM
...but need some good objective judges.

Oh the irony! It hurts...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 8:07:32 PM

if you do want judges I'll judge
Nolite Timere
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:37:23 PM
At 9/9/2014 3:22:37 PM, Geogeer wrote:
...but need some good objective judges.

Oh the irony! It hurts...

lol
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:38:21 PM
This should be an interesting debate, be sure to tell me when it happens. I'm not going to judge though--philosophical debates are not my forte.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 10:54:40 AM

stupid question...

Which of you is pro on objective morality?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 2:19:45 PM
At 9/10/2014 10:54:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

stupid question...

raisor
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 2:36:48 PM
At 9/10/2014 2:19:45 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 9/10/2014 10:54:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

stupid question...

raisor

This video basically sums up my reaction to this
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9