Jump to topic:

Hello, from San Diego

GrizzlyBear
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 4:59:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My name is Mike and my handle here is Grizzly Bear.

While not an expert debater by any means, I've had some prior experience and look forward to sharpening my debating skills here. Looks like a great site with quite a few experience debaters.

As a noob, what I'm concentrating on doing now is: NDAS: Not Doing Anything Stupid (because I didn't read the FAQs). ;-)
Mike B.
Oceansanctuaries.org
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 5:00:45 PM
At 9/16/2014 4:59:13 PM, GrizzlyBear wrote:

While not an expert debater by any means, I've had some prior experience and look forward to sharpening my debating skills here. Looks like a great site with quite a few experience debaters.

As a noob, what I'm concentrating on doing now is: NDAS: Not Doing Anything Stupid (because I didn't read the FAQs). ;-)

Welcome aboard.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
GrizzlyBear
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 5:45:06 PM
At 9/16/2014 5:00:51 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Dude, you are old as F*CK.

Dude: You'll either die young or be that age yourself someday. ;-)
Mike B.
Oceansanctuaries.org
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 5:46:02 PM
At 9/16/2014 5:45:06 PM, GrizzlyBear wrote:
At 9/16/2014 5:00:51 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Dude, you are old as F*CK.

Dude: You'll either die young or be that age yourself someday. ;-)

That's an interesting point you've got there. Hey, you might just fit in here after all!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 5:56:50 PM

Welcome to DDO, an I wouldn't worry about not doing stupid things, it's inevitable.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:03:27 PM

Welcome. Don't worry about not reading the FAQs, I didn't even know they existed. So long as you stay away from some of the more... explosive members, you should be fine.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:04:01 PM
At 9/16/2014 5:56:50 PM, Wylted wrote:

Welcome to DDO, an I wouldn't worry about not doing stupid things, it's inevitable.

Some even make it a daily occurrence.
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:08:26 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:03:27 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Welcome. Don't worry about not reading the FAQs, I didn't even know they existed. So long as you stay away from some of the more... explosive members, you should be fine.

He hasn't been around to know who those members are, please post a list of Assholess to be avoided.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:11:11 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:08:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/16/2014 6:03:27 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

He hasn't been around to know who those members are, please post a list of Assholess to be avoided.

Why ruin the surprise?
TUF, and YYW
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:47:35 PM

Welcome to the site! DDO's a great place to pick up and sharpen debate skills, but you'd be surprised how often that involved doing stupid things first.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:48:43 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:04:01 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/16/2014 5:56:50 PM, Wylted wrote:

Some even make it a daily occurrence.

Stupid People Solidarity! We are united!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
GrizzlyBear
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 7:11:34 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:23:56 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Alright, this guy owns. He is now under my protection.

Thanks! lol!
Mike B.
Oceansanctuaries.org
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 11:17:17 PM

Welcome to the site.

It's worth glancing over the FAQ because it does contain some useful information.

If you have any questions or need anything at all, always feel free to contact me.

Enjoy the site.
Debate.org Moderator
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 12:23:43 AM
Welcome to DDO! I hope you enjoy it. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or friend me.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GrizzlyBear
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:05:14 AM
At 9/17/2014 12:23:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Welcome to DDO! I hope you enjoy it. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or friend me.

Thanks!
Mike B.
Oceansanctuaries.org
Vedney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:11:39 AM
Here's a list of stupid things to NOT do:

1. Accept an debate without reading what the argument exactly is and especially what side you're going to be on. Most people begin arguments as Pro, but you should alwaty read, something I didn't do when accepting this: http://www.debate.org...

2. Not being clear and concise on creating a resolution. If you're not clear, people can use semantics against you and that might sway the voters.

3. Feed a troll.
That moment where you're bored and want to do a debate, then you're doing four all at once.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:07:13 PM
At 9/17/2014 9:11:39 AM, Vedney wrote:
Here's a list of stupid things to NOT do:

1. Accept an debate without reading what the argument exactly is and especially what side you're going to be on. Most people begin arguments as Pro, but you should alwaty read, something I didn't do when accepting this: http://www.debate.org...

That takes all the fun out of it.

2. Not being clear and concise on creating a resolution. If you're not clear, people can use semantics against you and that might sway the voters.

I literally just did that today. And yesterday. The semantics thing that is.

3. Feed a troll.

But us trolls get hungry.

Besides, he's under Andoc's protection now, and Andoc is one of the longest lasting trolls on this site. He has no choice.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:56:45 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:23:56 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Alright, this guy owns. He is now under my protection.

That's some mighty poor protection dude :p
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me