Jump to topic:

Looking for unbiased judges

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:51:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am thinking of doing another debate on if Jesus was a historical figure or not (using a different method than I have previously). I have noticed that there are quite a few people that do not care about the arguments in this debate, but vote based on their views. I am looking for anyone that can vote without bias for if I decide to debate this.

Also, if anyone wants to debate this (I will take the stance that Jesus was not a historical figure), just say so here and I will set the debate up.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:57:43 AM
At 9/17/2014 9:51:48 AM, SNP1 wrote:
I am thinking of doing another debate on if Jesus was a historical figure or not (using a different method than I have previously). I have noticed that there are quite a few people that do not care about the arguments in this debate, but vote based on their views. I am looking for anyone that can vote without bias for if I decide to debate this.

Also, if anyone wants to debate this (I will take the stance that Jesus was not a historical figure), just say so here and I will set the debate up.

I will do it.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:59:05 AM
At 9/17/2014 9:57:43 AM, Envisage wrote:

I will do it.

I actually thought you would be one of the first to reply. Thanks. BTW, I have never done a judge debate. You need 7 judges, right?
#WarOnDDO
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:59:41 AM
At 9/17/2014 9:59:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I will do it.

I actually thought you would be one of the first to reply. Thanks. BTW, I have never done a judge debate. You need 7 judges, right?

No idea... I never hosted one.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:13:23 AM

I will do it.

You can select as many judges as you like. It could be just one if that is what you choose.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:15:11 AM
At 9/17/2014 10:13:23 AM, Geogeer wrote:

I will do it.

You can select as many judges as you like. It could be just one if that is what you choose.

Okay, thanks.
#WarOnDDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:16:43 AM
At 9/17/2014 10:15:11 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I will do it.

Okay, thanks.

I don't believe that there is such a thing as an unbiased judge, however I'm willing to be as impartial as possible if you like.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:18:43 AM
At 9/17/2014 10:16:43 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/17/2014 10:15:11 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I will do it.

Okay, thanks.

I don't believe that there is such a thing as an unbiased judge, however I'm willing to be as impartial as possible if you like.

Thank you. So, now I have found 2.
#WarOnDDO
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:20:53 AM
I think I am unbiased, I have an opinion but I don't particularly care much about my opinion...
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:21:44 AM
An ELO floor of 2500 would probably take care of most of the popularity-contest voters.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:27:14 AM
At 9/17/2014 10:21:44 AM, Ragnar wrote:
An ELO floor of 2500 would probably take care of most of the popularity-contest voters.

That could be the case, but the topic of the debate is also a factor to consider. I have actually debated this topic in real life, and those that always seemed unbiased were almost completely against me, never actually addressing any point I brought up. I think it is best to try and find people who you think will be unbiased.
#WarOnDDO
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:52:58 PM

That would get rid of noob voters but not necessarily unbiased voters.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
doomswatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:18:37 PM
I should be your one and only judge.
"You are an irritating fly, and my sword is the flyswatter of your doom." - Sir Chivalot
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:19:43 PM

Good luck. This is one of those many issues where people do not care for data and facts.

Jesus almost certainly existed, but there is little direct proof to support this. There is a tremendous amount of circumstantial evidence, however, and that is enough to convince many.

If you want a debate judged entirely based on the examination of proved facts, then the result will favor the lack of historic, concrete proof of Jesus' existence, if you can find individuals who reject scriptural accuracy.

If you find people who will judge scripture as verified fact, then the votes will go toward Jesus having been a real person.

It's that simple. There is no way to have an "unbiased" opinion on this subject, because the subject inherently focuses on the crux of the western cultural schism between secularism and a desire for theocratic rule.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:32:08 PM
I'm always willing to judge a debate, if I'm acceptable.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 3:27:02 PM
At 9/17/2014 1:52:58 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
The key word to my statement was "most."
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 4:28:19 PM

I can vote without bias on a religion debate. I don't have a stance in regards to belief or non-belief, and take everything with equal weight until proven otherwise.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 5:52:48 PM
At 9/17/2014 3:27:02 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 9/17/2014 1:52:58 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
The key word to my statement was "most."

Yeah, although I think there's probably more of those voters at that ELO level than the word "most" might make someone think there are.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 9:01:55 AM
At 9/17/2014 2:32:08 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I'm always willing to judge a debate, if I'm acceptable.

That would be great! I actually have seen your votes on other debates, and you seem to make very great votes
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 9:02:42 AM
At 9/17/2014 4:28:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I can vote without bias on a religion debate. I don't have a stance in regards to belief or non-belief, and take everything with equal weight until proven otherwise.

Thank you
#WarOnDDO