Jump to topic:

any way for span countermeasure?

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:32:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
From this past three days I felt like I've reported more than 30 ad topic/spammer already. Isn't there any more effective way to clean up this site? Some thing like more restrictive membership....
cipeylsrs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:39:53 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:32:26 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
From this past three days I felt like I've reported more than 30 ad topic/spammer already. Isn't there any more effective way to clean up this site? Some thing like more restrictive membership....

The best way to stop the ad spam, is to spam legitimate topics over and over.

PM someone your topic idea first to see if it is retarded or not, though.
If I offend you, I am genuinely sorry.

Please tell your diary and send the pain to me telepathically, if it helps prick a voodoo doll, I hear that your hand makes a good one.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:40:34 AM

As long as the Mods delete them before they can pile up, it's not a real problem. It's a nuisance at most, and I often find some of the ads to be hilarious.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
cipeylsrs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:47:34 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:40:34 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

As long as the Mods delete them before they can pile up, it's not a real problem. It's a nuisance at most, and I often find some of the ads to be hilarious.

Please do not spam the forums with your opinion, it is very irritating to people to have a different one and has no place in a public place like this.

Please tell your diary and send the pain to me telepathically, if it helps prick a voodoo doll, I hear that your hand makes a good one.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:49:01 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:47:34 AM, cipeylsrs wrote:

Please do not spam the forums with your opinion, it is very irritating to people to have a different one and has no place in a public place like this.

lol
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
cipeylsrs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 11:50:37 AM
At 9/20/2014 11:49:01 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 9/20/2014 11:47:34 AM, cipeylsrs wrote:

lol

I am being laughed at and feel offended, I am going to report you to an ad spammer and let them handle you appropriately.

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 12:45:52 PM

in some room like economic or art where people rarely post anything new, ad can be a serious problem, you have a post which is already rarely happened, dropped down to the bottom of the page because some spam dude just decided to post 5 ad in a row daily.
cipeylsrs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 1:01:53 PM
At 9/20/2014 12:45:52 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

in some room like economic or art where people rarely post anything new, ad can be a serious problem, you have a post which is already rarely happened, dropped down to the bottom of the page because some spam dude just decided to post 5 ad in a row daily.

It's survival of the busiest.