Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Uchiha's Law of Insufficient RFDs

UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:18:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"If you can replace every instance of 'Pro' with 'Con' and every instance of 'Con' with 'Pro', yet it still makes sense in relation to the debate, the RFD is probably insufficient."

does it hold?
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:25:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:18:43 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
"If you can replace every instance of 'Pro' with 'Con' and every instance of 'Con' with 'Pro', yet it still makes sense in relation to the debate, the RFD is probably insufficient."

does it hold?

As in, "Pro's arguments were more convincing?"

Yeah, that holds. I think it would be hard for that to hold in all circumstances, because
the two aren't interchangeable in every case. I assume you mean insufficient RFD's as RFD's that are legitimate enough so as to not be removed, but so embarrassingly insufficient that they infuriate anyone who took the time to engage in or read the debate.

I'd probably use this rule instead:

"If the same RFD could be constructed without even having read any of the debate, or only after having glanced at the title, the RFD is almost surely insufficient."

I guess the exception is rap battles.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:40:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:25:31 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:18:43 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
"If you can replace every instance of 'Pro' with 'Con' and every instance of 'Con' with 'Pro', yet it still makes sense in relation to the debate, the RFD is probably insufficient."

does it hold?

As in, "Pro's arguments were more convincing?"

Yeah, that holds. I think it would be hard for that to hold in all circumstances, because
the two aren't interchangeable in every case. I assume you mean insufficient RFD's as RFD's that are legitimate enough so as to not be removed, but so embarrassingly insufficient that they infuriate anyone who took the time to engage in or read the debate.

Yeah, those.
Basically it just tests to see if the RFD mentioned at least one specific argument from the debate.


I'd probably use this rule instead:

"If the same RFD could be constructed without even having read any of the debate, or only after having glanced at the title, the RFD is almost surely insufficient."

yeah, that's a pretty good one, though there is a bit too much room for further debate with that as to whether or not the RFD really could have been written without reading the debate.


I guess the exception is rap battles.

Rap battlers should get exiled from DDO to separate site called RBDO -.-
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:48:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:40:41 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:25:31 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:18:43 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
"If you can replace every instance of 'Pro' with 'Con' and every instance of 'Con' with 'Pro', yet it still makes sense in relation to the debate, the RFD is probably insufficient."

does it hold?

As in, "Pro's arguments were more convincing?"

Yeah, that holds. I think it would be hard for that to hold in all circumstances, because
the two aren't interchangeable in every case. I assume you mean insufficient RFD's as RFD's that are legitimate enough so as to not be removed, but so embarrassingly insufficient that they infuriate anyone who took the time to engage in or read the debate.

Yeah, those.
Basically it just tests to see if the RFD mentioned at least one specific argument from the debate.


But even then it's probably insufficient, though I see what you're saying. I have a hard time accepting an RFD that just contains "Pro won because of X argument." It should be a bit more extensive than that, addressing why Con's rebuttal -- if there was one, even (I guess if it was dropped it could be sufficient) -- was inadequate and why the argument was enough to carry that person's burden.

I'd probably use this rule instead:

"If the same RFD could be constructed without even having read any of the debate, or only after having glanced at the title, the RFD is almost surely insufficient."

yeah, that's a pretty good one, though there is a bit too much room for further debate with that as to whether or not the RFD really could have been written without reading the debate.


In the absence of a full forfeit, or 10,000 character arguments versus 500 character arguments or some absurd scenario like that, anything to the effect of "Pro made more convincing arguments" or "Pro fulfilled his BOP" or "Pro lost because of BOP" -- especially prominent with BOP RFD's -- could have been written without having read anything.

Or, you could just be one of a few members I won't mention directly and write an RFD with nothing more than your opinion that could've been written regardless of whether you read the debate or not.


I guess the exception is rap battles.

Rap battlers should get exiled from DDO to separate site called RBDO -.-

Let's debate it! <3.

I have an...interesting spin on that resolution, though. Or it could just be a counterplan, lol.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:50:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:48:32 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:

Meant to say, with respect to the second point, that those absurd character disparities would effectively delegitimize the RFD's enough that they could be removed, but in the absence of those, "X made more convincing arguments" would probably be "sufficient."
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 10:55:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's a good rule of thumb, but not all votebombs or bad RFDs conform to it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 11:08:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:18:43 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
"If you can replace every instance of 'Pro' with 'Con' and every instance of 'Con' with 'Pro', yet it still makes sense in relation to the debate, the RFD is probably insufficient."

does it hold?

Yeah, like if you say "Pro's arguments were more convincing." Then you could switch that to con. If you say "Pro's argument that Mexicans multiply as fast as rabbits was well backed by Fox News" That can't be changed to con because obviously con would be against that statement.

Although there are scenarios where voting is subjective and doesn't need a thorough RFD. For example, rap battles. Lots of troll debates don't have an objective method of voting. There are a lot of art and music competitions, and unless they have guidelines for voting (like keeping to realism or abstract or depth of color or something) then "con had prettier pictures" will probably fly.

So it also depends on the type of debate, but for a serious intellectual debate, your statement does work, because reasons need to be provided in a reason for decision.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:21:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Universal Judging Law:

If an RFD does not clearly explain why the winner won and the loser lost, it is insufficient. Sometimes that takes a sentence. Sometimes it takes ten paragraphs.

What it Takes to be a Good Judge:

Give your best effort when judging to (1) understand the material presented, (2) weigh debater's arguments against the other, (3) judge with the same or a greater level of effort that the people who wrote the debate put into it. As a judge, that's what you owe the debaters.

Long v. Short RFD's:

Just because an RFD is long does not mean that it's sufficient. Just because an RFD is short does not mean that it's not sufficient. What matters is what an RFD actually says. If it explains who won and why, then that's all you've got to have to have a good RFD.

Some debates are more complicated than others, so they take more space to evaluate. As a general rule, to the extent that a debate is complicated, so also should the RFD be long -but most debates are not like that. The majority of debates can be explained in three sentences or less.

Why I sometimes write long RFD's on some simple debates:

For the same reason that your math teacher required you to show your work. It's not enough that I've made a decision -especially when I'm voting on debates that are simple but close. I want the debaters to understand why I voted the way I did.

Why I sometimes write short RFD's on long debates:

That a debate is long does not make it complex. A debate could additionally be long because debaters included a bunch of irrelevant stuff in their rounds that -as a judge- I need not evaluate. All that matters is affirming or negating the resolution.

Why my RFD's are picky and detail oriented:

I read and understand them. I pay attention to the stuff that I expect most people will miss. I'm a details kind of guy.

FAQ's:

Are your votes ever biased?

All votes are biased because judging is an inherently subjective exercise, however, I do my best to check my personal beliefs at the door.

You have a tendency to vote for your friends. Doesn't that mean you're biased?

My friends know that I will not vote for them unless they won. That is why people who think they lost do not typically ask me to vote.

Who do you think are the best judges on the site?

Bladerunner and Whiteflame

Who do you think are the worst judges on the site?

Any judge who votes based on arbitrary reasons or assumptions they made which are extraneous to the debate -and many judges do that. Judges that screw up the BOP also bother me.

Do you think it's appropriate to call out bad judges?

I expect people to be good to the extent that they have been on the site. If a veteran member casts a horrible RFD, whether because it's arbitrary or for any other reason, and I see it, I am not opposed to drawing attention to that. We all have to keep each other honest.

What should I do if I get a bad RFD?

Get more people to vote on your debate to water down the effect the bad vote has. Just as the best answer to bad speech is more speech, so too is the answer to bad votes more votes.

What if a high profile member writes a stupid RFD on one of my debates?

Depends on what you want to get out of the situation. I'd suggest evaluating that on a case by case basis. Of course, asking me to vote will always help.

Are you a voting elitist?

I have been described as that, yes. But, I'm only an elitist to the extent that I'm actually going to read your debate in its entirety before I vote on it and I will never give a decision that is insufficiently grounded.

But haven't you given one sentence RFD's?

Many. They explained why the winner won and the loser lost, therefore they are sufficient.

What if I got a one sentence RFD and I think I'm entitled to more?

It is highly likely you didn't understand what you were talking about in a debate.
Tsar of DDO
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:21:59 PM, YYW wrote:
The Universal Judging Law:

If an RFD does not clearly explain why the winner won and the loser lost, it is insufficient. Sometimes that takes a sentence. Sometimes it takes ten paragraphs.

What it Takes to be a Good Judge:

Give your best effort when judging to (1) understand the material presented, (2) weigh debater's arguments against the other, (3) judge with the same or a greater level of effort that the people who wrote the debate put into it. As a judge, that's what you owe the debaters.

Long v. Short RFD's:

Just because an RFD is long does not mean that it's sufficient. Just because an RFD is short does not mean that it's not sufficient. What matters is what an RFD actually says. If it explains who won and why, then that's all you've got to have to have a good RFD.

Some debates are more complicated than others, so they take more space to evaluate. As a general rule, to the extent that a debate is complicated, so also should the RFD be long -but most debates are not like that. The majority of debates can be explained in three sentences or less.

Why I sometimes write long RFD's on some simple debates:

For the same reason that your math teacher required you to show your work. It's not enough that I've made a decision -especially when I'm voting on debates that are simple but close. I want the debaters to understand why I voted the way I did.

Why I sometimes write short RFD's on long debates:

That a debate is long does not make it complex. A debate could additionally be long because debaters included a bunch of irrelevant stuff in their rounds that -as a judge- I need not evaluate. All that matters is affirming or negating the resolution.

Why my RFD's are picky and detail oriented:

I read and understand them. I pay attention to the stuff that I expect most people will miss. I'm a details kind of guy.

FAQ's:

Are your votes ever biased?

All votes are biased because judging is an inherently subjective exercise, however, I do my best to check my personal beliefs at the door.

You have a tendency to vote for your friends. Doesn't that mean you're biased?

My friends know that I will not vote for them unless they won. That is why people who think they lost do not typically ask me to vote.

Who do you think are the best judges on the site?

Bladerunner and Whiteflame

Who do you think are the worst judges on the site?

Any judge who votes based on arbitrary reasons or assumptions they made which are extraneous to the debate -and many judges do that. Judges that screw up the BOP also bother me.

Do you think it's appropriate to call out bad judges?

I expect people to be good to the extent that they have been on the site. If a veteran member casts a horrible RFD, whether because it's arbitrary or for any other reason, and I see it, I am not opposed to drawing attention to that. We all have to keep each other honest.

What should I do if I get a bad RFD?

Get more people to vote on your debate to water down the effect the bad vote has. Just as the best answer to bad speech is more speech, so too is the answer to bad votes more votes.

What if a high profile member writes a stupid RFD on one of my debates?

Depends on what you want to get out of the situation. I'd suggest evaluating that on a case by case basis. Of course, asking me to vote will always help.

Are you a voting elitist?

I have been described as that, yes. But, I'm only an elitist to the extent that I'm actually going to read your debate in its entirety before I vote on it and I will never give a decision that is insufficiently grounded.

But haven't you given one sentence RFD's?

Many. They explained why the winner won and the loser lost, therefore they are sufficient.

What if I got a one sentence RFD and I think I'm entitled to more?

It is highly likely you didn't understand what you were talking about in a debate.

+1 +1 +1
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:40:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:21:59 PM, YYW wrote:
The Universal Judging Law:

If an RFD does not clearly explain why the winner won and the loser lost, it is insufficient. Sometimes that takes a sentence. Sometimes it takes ten paragraphs.

What it Takes to be a Good Judge:

Give your best effort when judging to (1) understand the material presented, (2) weigh debater's arguments against the other, (3) judge with the same or a greater level of effort that the people who wrote the debate put into it. As a judge, that's what you owe the debaters.

Long v. Short RFD's:

Just because an RFD is long does not mean that it's sufficient. Just because an RFD is short does not mean that it's not sufficient. What matters is what an RFD actually says. If it explains who won and why, then that's all you've got to have to have a good RFD.

Some debates are more complicated than others, so they take more space to evaluate. As a general rule, to the extent that a debate is complicated, so also should the RFD be long -but most debates are not like that. The majority of debates can be explained in three sentences or less.

Why I sometimes write long RFD's on some simple debates:

For the same reason that your math teacher required you to show your work. It's not enough that I've made a decision -especially when I'm voting on debates that are simple but close. I want the debaters to understand why I voted the way I did.

Why I sometimes write short RFD's on long debates:

That a debate is long does not make it complex. A debate could additionally be long because debaters included a bunch of irrelevant stuff in their rounds that -as a judge- I need not evaluate. All that matters is affirming or negating the resolution.

Why my RFD's are picky and detail oriented:

I read and understand them. I pay attention to the stuff that I expect most people will miss. I'm a details kind of guy.

FAQ's:

Are your votes ever biased?

All votes are biased because judging is an inherently subjective exercise, however, I do my best to check my personal beliefs at the door.

You have a tendency to vote for your friends. Doesn't that mean you're biased?

My friends know that I will not vote for them unless they won. That is why people who think they lost do not typically ask me to vote.

Who do you think are the best judges on the site?

Bladerunner and Whiteflame

Who do you think are the worst judges on the site?

Any judge who votes based on arbitrary reasons or assumptions they made which are extraneous to the debate -and many judges do that. Judges that screw up the BOP also bother me.

Do you think it's appropriate to call out bad judges?

I expect people to be good to the extent that they have been on the site. If a veteran member casts a horrible RFD, whether because it's arbitrary or for any other reason, and I see it, I am not opposed to drawing attention to that. We all have to keep each other honest.

What should I do if I get a bad RFD?

Get more people to vote on your debate to water down the effect the bad vote has. Just as the best answer to bad speech is more speech, so too is the answer to bad votes more votes.

What if a high profile member writes a stupid RFD on one of my debates?

Depends on what you want to get out of the situation. I'd suggest evaluating that on a case by case basis. Of course, asking me to vote will always help.

Are you a voting elitist?

I have been described as that, yes. But, I'm only an elitist to the extent that I'm actually going to read your debate in its entirety before I vote on it and I will never give a decision that is insufficiently grounded.

But haven't you given one sentence RFD's?

Many. They explained why the winner won and the loser lost, therefore they are sufficient.

What if I got a one sentence RFD and I think I'm entitled to more?

It is highly likely you didn't understand what you were talking about in a debate.

+1 +1 +1

Thanks :)

Voting is important, and I don't think that people take it seriously enough.
Tsar of DDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:40:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM, debatability wrote:
+1 +1 +1

Didn't they teach you in middle school that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3? And that the addition signs goes AFTER the number?

Pffft, ya'll youngsters.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:44:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:40:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Thanks :)

Voting is important, and I don't think that people take it seriously enough.

i agree on so many levels, especially with experience judging formal debate at a couple competitions. i'll never vote on a debate unless i have sufficient time to analyze it and compile a good rfd.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:48:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:44:47 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:40:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Thanks :)

Voting is important, and I don't think that people take it seriously enough.

i agree on so many levels, especially with experience judging formal debate at a couple competitions. i'll never vote on a debate unless i have sufficient time to analyze it and compile a good rfd.

That's a good practice. I wish I could say the same for everyone else.

The more common problem, though, is that people 'try' to give good RFD's but they don't because the reason they voted is arbitrary or extraneous to the debate. That is one of among several reasons why I 'like' people to write out long RFD's because it requires that they explain their thought process in the fullest. A long RFD may not always be necessary, but it always reveals the mental gymnastics that people put into judging a debate -and that enables me to (usually as a third party) figure out who is a good judge and who is not.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
More FAQ's

Should I report bad votes?

You should report abusive votes. Just because a vote is bad, does not mean that it is abusive -although an abusive vote is likely to also be bad.

Who should I ask to vote on my debates?

You should ask only those members to vote for you who (1) are smart, (2) vote fairly, (3) write sufficient RFD's.

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

If I am a new member, and I'm unsure about my RFD, what should I do?

Ask an experienced member for their input: I am certainly happy to review RFD's, I'm sure Bsh1 would as well. Thett, Bladerunner and Whiteflame would also be excellent resources, to that end.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:54:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM, YYW wrote :

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

smh
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:56:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Last FAQ:

Shouldn't people be able to vote for any reason they like?

No. If you feel that way, you should probably take a close look at yourself and your values. You have a lot of growing up to do.
Tsar of DDO
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 9:07:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:
More FAQ's

Should I report bad votes?

You should report abusive votes. Just because a vote is bad, does not mean that it is abusive -although an abusive vote is likely to also be bad.

Who should I ask to vote on my debates?

You should ask only those members to vote for you who (1) are smart, (2) vote fairly, (3) write sufficient RFD's.

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

If I am a new member, and I'm unsure about my RFD, what should I do?

Ask an experienced member for their input: I am certainly happy to review RFD's, I'm sure Bsh1 would as well. Thett, Bladerunner and Whiteflame would also be excellent resources, to that end.

review my RFD on the whiteflame's debate with bsh1!
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 9:09:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 9:07:29 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:
More FAQ's

Should I report bad votes?

You should report abusive votes. Just because a vote is bad, does not mean that it is abusive -although an abusive vote is likely to also be bad.

Who should I ask to vote on my debates?

You should ask only those members to vote for you who (1) are smart, (2) vote fairly, (3) write sufficient RFD's.

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

If I am a new member, and I'm unsure about my RFD, what should I do?

Ask an experienced member for their input: I am certainly happy to review RFD's, I'm sure Bsh1 would as well. Thett, Bladerunner and Whiteflame would also be excellent resources, to that end.

review my RFD on the whiteflame's debate with bsh1!

I'll wait until after the debate is over.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 9:10:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 9:07:29 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:
More FAQ's

Should I report bad votes?

You should report abusive votes. Just because a vote is bad, does not mean that it is abusive -although an abusive vote is likely to also be bad.

Who should I ask to vote on my debates?

You should ask only those members to vote for you who (1) are smart, (2) vote fairly, (3) write sufficient RFD's.

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

If I am a new member, and I'm unsure about my RFD, what should I do?

Ask an experienced member for their input: I am certainly happy to review RFD's, I'm sure Bsh1 would as well. Thett, Bladerunner and Whiteflame would also be excellent resources, to that end.

review my RFD on the whiteflame's debate with bsh1!

Rather... I'll wait until after voting ends.
Tsar of DDO
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 9:11:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 9:10:02 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/23/2014 9:07:29 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:52:41 PM, YYW wrote:
More FAQ's

Should I report bad votes?

You should report abusive votes. Just because a vote is bad, does not mean that it is abusive -although an abusive vote is likely to also be bad.

Who should I ask to vote on my debates?

You should ask only those members to vote for you who (1) are smart, (2) vote fairly, (3) write sufficient RFD's.

Should I post a unique thread in the forums to get people to vote on my debates?

No. It's rude.

If I am a new member, and I'm unsure about my RFD, what should I do?

Ask an experienced member for their input: I am certainly happy to review RFD's, I'm sure Bsh1 would as well. Thett, Bladerunner and Whiteflame would also be excellent resources, to that end.

review my RFD on the whiteflame's debate with bsh1!

Rather... I'll wait until after voting ends.

will do :D
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 10:58:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 8:40:51 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM, debatability wrote:
+1 +1 +1

Didn't they teach you in middle school that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3? And that the addition signs goes AFTER the number?

Pffft, ya'll youngsters.

That could cause a monetary offset sometime in the future.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 11:41:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 10:58:42 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:40:51 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM, debatability wrote:
+1 +1 +1

Didn't they teach you in middle school that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3? And that the addition signs goes AFTER the number?

Pffft, ya'll youngsters.

That could cause a monetary offset sometime in the future.

Lol, indirectly, and only if you take the IS-MP curve seriously. I don't.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:05:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/23/2014 11:41:23 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 10:58:42 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:40:51 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:34:59 PM, debatability wrote:
+1 +1 +1

Didn't they teach you in middle school that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3? And that the addition signs goes AFTER the number?

Pffft, ya'll youngsters.

That could cause a monetary offset sometime in the future.

Lol, indirectly, and only if you take the IS-MP curve seriously. I don't.

I mainly just needed to edit my signature XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:08:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:05:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I mainly just needed to edit my signature XD

But you can do that without posting, haha. You got my hopes up for a second. =(.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:12:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:08:50 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:05:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I mainly just needed to edit my signature XD

But you can do that without posting, haha. You got my hopes up for a second. =(.

Lol I know, but I wanted to make a pun XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:20:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:12:59 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:08:50 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:05:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I mainly just needed to edit my signature XD

But you can do that without posting, haha. You got my hopes up for a second. =(.

Lol I know, but I wanted to make a pun XD

Well, for what it's worth, it was a good pun!
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:26:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:20:14 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:12:59 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:08:50 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:05:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
I mainly just needed to edit my signature XD

But you can do that without posting, haha. You got my hopes up for a second. =(.

Lol I know, but I wanted to make a pun XD

Well, for what it's worth, it was a good pun!

Well, for what it's worth, I don't take the IS-MP curve seriously either.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:27:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:26:53 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Well, for what it's worth, I don't take the IS-MP curve seriously either.

Lol, no one does.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:28:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 9:27:32 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 9/24/2014 9:26:53 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Well, for what it's worth, I don't take the IS-MP curve seriously either.

Lol, no one does.

Haha well, I'd imagine some people do, but it's kind of insufficient.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...