Warped: A DDO Chronicle

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:43:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Overview

This story will take place in many segments, several of which make up one chapter. Anyway, this story will first begin with a limited view, but as I get to know more people, I"ll add more characters into it. PG-13 for Language, Crude Humor, Violence, and Sexual Content. :P One final note before I begin: The characters in this story will not usually act like this, so don"t jump to any conclusions, and to everyone in this story: Please don"t kill me. T-T Well, here"s to the first chapter of Warped. Cheers!

Warped

Prologue: September 23, 2014

The government official skimmed over the first monthly World Wide Web report. His eyes narrowed when a particular statistic caught his eye.

His position was a Networking Census Observer, working in the Intelligence Division for the United States government. Primarily, his job was to analyze the general activity of different websites"and the people that were active inside them. Cybercriminal activity has increased over the last decade, and it was his task to locate neutral-looking domains that actually contained hackers, terrorists, and other atrocities in secret. This could easily be scoffed at; but last year alone, only 10 websites exploited"led to the arrest of hundreds of criminals thanks to the NCOs" work.

The official was currently in his office, dull with a surrounding of gray, along with three desktops, a desk, and a business chair, which he found rather uncomfortable with the hard metal grinding into his back, although that was nothing compared to his current headache.

He continued to check, double-check, and finally triple-check before he had to accept the fact. It was the first time for him that such a website was revealed so early"he took out his phone and dialed a rambling string of numbers.

"Sir. We have a problem." With that, he packed up his suitcase, and exited briskly, leaving behind the page captioned as the letter D, with shining, colored ink conspicuously revealing the URL: www.debate.org.

The conference was in five minutes, and the man was shuffling his feet uncomfortably. He didn"t quite think that this website was a terrorist community, especially after further prying with none of his suspicions confirmed. Nevertheless, the readings of this website were"particularly abnormal. His director specifically announced that all members should announce any suspicious websites to any degree, which was mandatory, so here he sat along with the other members surrounding the ovular table. Finally, the Secretary of Intelligence and Research, who was also the Director of this division, entered, with everyone standing from their seats in respect. He sat at the head of the table, and the meeting initiated.

"Has everyone analyzed their reports?" Grave nodding from all sides. "Very well," the Director nodded.

"Sir." The man took this pause to speak. The Director turned his head towards the official"s direction, along with the other twenty-odd members. "I have found an anomaly."

Skeptical murmurs echoed from all sides, but paranoia was the victor and let him speak. "What is it, Smith?" The Director inquired. Even he doubted that one website, out of thousands, could"ve already been found in a matter of hours.

"There"s a website with the URL of www.debate.org. It primarily seems to be a website hosting debates for anyone who joins the website."

The members chuckled, amused. The Director smiled. "And what does this have to do with our current meeting, Smith?"

Aggravated, he pulled out several documents from his investigations and shoved them toward the head of the table. "Take a look at this, sir."

When the Director"s eyes landed on the paper, his expression immediately changed, with light humor and skepticism dominated by disbelief and shock. While he was reading, Smith continued to speak.

"Debate.org, or DDO as it is called, is a website full of members of all ages, from 12 to 102 years of age. Intelligence has reported that a large majority of the nearly 5,000 active members, 42% to be exact, possess raw intellect and knowledge, much more than the median of their respective ages. That is abnormally high, making it in the top 0.1% in terms of the members" intelligence." He paused before continuing.

"However, recently, many debates of the website have turned into arguments, and some of them even took on illegal and depraved topics, such as a member named Wylted"s recent debate called ""Rape Battle," which was on the front page of the website." Sniggers could be heard from all sides, barely repressed, which further augmented the rage of the speaker.

He pounded his fist on the table. "You dare laugh? Combined with their intelligence, DDO has shown itself to have DOUBLE the median statistics levels of last year"s three websites, making it certain that it could give birth to the next generation"s criminal masterminds!"

More murmuring was heard. The Director, still slightly pale, returned the papers to Smith. Recomposing himself, Smith addressed him again. "Sir, how should we deal with the current situation? Should we take down the website or block all member"s network routers?"

The Director sighed. "No, that won"t be possible. Such an action could be illegal, and these members would easily notice and take legal action. We need to remove them discreetly."

The man smiled. He had him where he wanted now. He pressed for a suggestion. "Sir, although these members could be a potential danger, some of them could be the successors for the Intelligence department, taking note of their sophistication. How do you suppose we separate them from the otherwise possibly hostile population?"

The Director raised an eyebrow. "Did you have a plan before this meeting, Smith?"

His grin grew slightly wider. "As a matter of fact, I"ve worked something out with the Head of the Technology Division to deal with this first website, and possibly other ones that resemble this. They"ve developed an electromagnetic wave that could be transmitted from the website, into the network routers, and into each respective computer. The electromagnetic wave is a product from the current Sensory Interception project." Instantly, protests were made from all sides, with the Director quieting them down.

"And just what do you plan to do with this new product?" The Director inquired.

The man hesitated, and then answered. "We can send programming into all 5,000 members" computers along with the wave, to alter the computer so that it will receive said wave via router connection, and the programming will switch each pixel"s properties to also transmit the wave. The brain will then receive the radiation, and the waves within the brain will all respond to the radio wave we send from DDO, successfully creating a SI bond within their brains, resulting in a virtual world of DDO." The room was now deathly silent. The Director wavered, and asked what was on everyone"s minds.

"What will happen to the members?" The man smiled again, almost leering at them. "One feature of DDO is a game called Mafia, which investigation has shown that it is an innovative way to test each player"s intelligence. We will force all members to join in a Mafia tournament, with a series of different games to pick out the most intelligent members."

"How will we know who are the most intelligent? We can"t observe them inside that virtual world."

The man chuckled, and replied, "Why, by picking the ones that survive, of course."

An uproar rose in the room, with most of the members screaming filthy names. Was he insane? Why would he introduce such a notion so nonchalantly? At last the pandemonium died down.

The Director glared at the man. "Smith, I have more than half a mind to dismiss you from the division due to this preposterous plan. I"m done humoring you. Permission denied."

"When did I say that I ever asked for permission?"
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:45:55 PM
Chapter 1 will be up in a few days or more. For now, I'll see how everyone likes it. ;D

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:55:09 PM
o_O .... Umm... Interesting...

[CREEPER]
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:03:28 PM
At 9/23/2014 7:45:55 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
Chapter 1 will be up in a few days or more. For now, I'll see how everyone likes it. ;D

This was Brilliant Rev, can't wait for the next episode of this.

It's funny because I didn't take you for a writer.
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:24:27 PM
At 9/23/2014 7:55:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

[CREEPER]

XD The good part's after the prologue. This just serves as an explanation for the events in the story.

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:25:24 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:23:49 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Yay! I'm not writing alone anymore!

lmao...I'm glad I'm not the only one, either. :3

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:26:20 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:03:28 PM, Krieg01 wrote:
At 9/23/2014 7:45:55 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

This was Brilliant Rev, can't wait for the next episode of this.

It's funny because I didn't take you for a writer.

Meh. I write FanFiction a lot, and I'm two years ahead in English, so I have some writing experience. :P

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:26:44 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:25:24 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Don't do what everyone else did and stop after a few episodes.
Or else.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:27:51 PM

[CREEPER]

ESocial, if I continue this story to a longer extent, will you be pissed if I ever implied that you had a child with Endark in the epilogue even though you're in celibacy? XD

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:28:37 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:26:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Or else.

Oh please. My longest work was about 200k words, albeit it took me several months to complete. I'm pretty sure I can handle this one. :P

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:29:01 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:27:51 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

[CREEPER]

ESocial, if I continue this story to a longer extent, will you be pissed if I ever implied that you had a child with Endark in the epilogue even though you're in celibacy? XD

No, I won't. Lol. Once it's Endark's baby and no one else's. :-)
[Especially not Wylted's. xD]
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:29:26 PM
What really annoys me is that DDO changes the apostrophe into a quotation mark. It makes me look like I'm a typing noob. >.>

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:30:22 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:28:37 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Or else.

Oh please. My longest work was about 200k words, albeit it took me several months to complete. I'm pretty sure I can handle this one. :P

Not bad. Not bad at all.
I approve.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:30:44 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:29:01 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

[CREEPER]

lmao...oh God, I really don't want to think of that. O___________________________o

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:31:51 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:30:44 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:29:01 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

[CREEPER]

lmao...oh God, I really don't want to think of that. O___________________________o

Ikr. xD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:32:30 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:29:26 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
Hey- will it be a girl or boy?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:33:24 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:30:22 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:28:37 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Or else.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
I approve.

(^O^)

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:34:31 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:32:30 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:29:26 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
Hey- will it be a girl or boy?

O.o I have no idea. I guess it'll be determined as I work on it. I'm not spoiling anything for you, though. :P

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:36:21 PM

It seems we'll be having a kid...

*humph*
We just couldn't keep our hands off of each other, could we? xD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:37:55 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:36:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

*humph*

Hmm...do you think it'd be wise if we try to hide this from Wylted? :P

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:39:02 PM

oh ew.

*humph*

Hmmm. Indeed.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:39:23 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:37:55 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

*humph*

. .
. . .

No idea . . . .
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:40:49 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:39:23 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

*humph*

. .
. . .

No idea . . . .

Mmh. I seriously have no idea whether to include him or not. I'm just going to put him in there for the luls.

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:41:30 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:39:02 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

oh ew.

Lol. I'm sure it won't be bad.
You'd make a great dad. xD

*humph*

Hmmm. Indeed.

Well, I thought my self restraint was great, but you ARE you, and you are so incredibly gorgeous. I hope Rev can adequately express your awesomeness in his story. :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:42:37 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:41:30 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

oh ew.

Bah humbug. I despise children.

*humph*

Hmmm. Indeed.

Well, I thought my self restraint was great, but you ARE you, and you are so incredibly gorgeous. I hope Rev can adequately express your awesomeness in his story. :P

<3
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:42:46 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:40:49 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
At 9/23/2014 8:39:23 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

*humph*

. .
. . .

No idea . . . .

Mmh. I seriously have no idea whether to include him or not. I'm just going to put him in there for the luls.

O_O

Oh noes...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:43:53 PM

oh ew.

Better than Wylted, anyway.

*humph*

Hmmm. Indeed.

A RL description of him would be helpful. :P

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:44:23 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:42:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

oh ew.

That's why ya've got to train them from little bae. :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 8:45:05 PM
At 9/23/2014 8:42:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

oh ew.

You sound like an old man...and you're crushing all of the Enannie fans :(

*humph*

Hmmm. Indeed.

<3

I hope I don't have to go too graphic. O.o