Jump to topic:

DDO's Responsibility To Uphold Free Debates

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 4:50:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is an exploration on whether the membership believe DDO has a responsibility to uphold 'Free Debate' regardless of the subject matter or how offensive that maybe for some people.

There are three quote's that spring to mind that can sum this point up very well.

The quote of Voltaire.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Two quotes from the best selling author, Salman Rushdie.

"One of the problems with defending free speech is you often have to defend people that you find to be outrageous and unpleasant and disgusting."

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 6:47:56 PM
Preach it, brother.

As a matter of fact, I'm so inspired by this thread that I'm hereby announcing my intention on a new series of debates called "Thehumanistpreacher trilogy". I will be debating, at least three times, various resolutions about you such as "Thehumanistpreacher is a fuckingg moron." or "Thehumanistpreacher is a brain dead retard". Don't worry, I'll be sure to spam the comments section so that it makes the main page because I want the world to know that here at DDO we support the right to free speech and debates and as such keep up things even if they offend people.

I hope to see your input and hopefully votes on these exciting upcoming debates!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 8:01:21 PM
At 9/25/2014 6:47:56 PM, thett3 wrote:
Preach it, brother.

As a matter of fact, I'm so inspired by this thread that I'm hereby announcing my intention on a new series of debates called "Thehumanistpreacher trilogy". I will be debating, at least three times, various resolutions about you such as "Thehumanistpreacher is a fuckingg moron." or "Thehumanistpreacher is a brain dead retard". Don't worry, I'll be sure to spam the comments section so that it makes the main page because I want the world to know that here at DDO we support the right to free speech and debates and as such keep up things even if they offend people.

I hope to see your input and hopefully votes on these exciting upcoming debates!

I am upholding the right for anyone to debate as they wish without censorship of the subject matter due to it being offensive, sensitive or controversial.

I am a proud humanist and defend the common good of humanity, always taking the greatest moral position.

I don't know why you would disagree with defending the principle of 'Free Debate'.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 12:58:44 AM
At 9/25/2014 8:01:21 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
Preach it, brother.

I am upholding the right for anyone to debate as they wish without censorship of the subject matter due to it being offensive, sensitive or controversial.

I am a proud humanist and defend the common good of humanity, always taking the greatest moral position.

I don't know why you would disagree with defending the principle of 'Free Debate'.

Certain debates are not beneficial to anyone. Thett was giving examples of debates that would be inappropriate and worthy of removal due to their aggressive nature toward a particular person (especially another user). Those examples don't benefit anyone in any way except that it's kinda funny.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:04:32 PM
At 9/26/2014 12:58:44 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Preach it, brother.

Certain debates are not beneficial to anyone. Thett was giving examples of debates that would be inappropriate and worthy of removal due to their aggressive nature toward a particular person (especially another user). Those examples don't benefit anyone in any way except that it's kinda funny.

Regardless of the what Thett was trying to get across. Thett only gave off the impression that Thett was an ignorant troll and instead of bringing any constructive arguments to the Forum. Thett was counterintuitive and only served to show anyone who supports Removal of a Debate has no value to bring to the discussion.

Debates don't have to benefit anyone but they do have the right to be there.

The most important point is that anyone who uses vulgar language don't really have any respect, merit or value and only show that Thett is a Troll.

I am glad that both Thett and yourself agree that any controversial, offensive or sensitive subjects should be debated as neither of yourself or the troll have any intelligent or constructive arguments to bring to the discussion.
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:11:36 PM
At 9/25/2014 4:50:13 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
This is an exploration on whether the membership believe DDO has a responsibility to uphold 'Free Debate' regardless of the subject matter or how offensive that maybe for some people.

There are three quote's that spring to mind that can sum this point up very well.

The quote of Voltaire.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

"One of the problems with defending free speech is you often have to defend people that you find to be outrageous and unpleasant and disgusting."

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

DDO has no such responsibility. It is not legally bound in any way to uphold free debates. It's "responsibility" lies within the standards it sets for itself and those standards can change at any time. The rules of using this website are laid out in Terms of Use, not a Constitution...
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:39:25 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:11:36 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:

The quote of Voltaire.

DDO has no such responsibility. It is not legally bound in any way to uphold free debates. It's "responsibility" lies within the standards it sets for itself and those standards can change at any time. The rules of using this website are laid out in Terms of Use, not a Constitution...

Constitution? I come from Great Britain. I come from a theocratic country which has a hereditary monarchy as head of state. A Prime Minister which only 1 constituency can vote on. The second chamber which is mostly designated with appointed Lords, Ladies and Bishops. There is no constitution but instead a powerful sense of tradition of upholding Rights and Free Speech.

The site so far has not taken down a particular controversial debate so has upheld the Principle of 'Free Debate'. The moderators have made the right decision not to giving into emotional pressure by a handful of regulars.

I am not particularly sure if they ignored the debate, supported the right to hold the debate or waited for the whole storm to blow over as the debate itself was going to be over in a few days and possibly forgotten as quickly like Music bands or viral YouTube videos.

I am not sure if you know what a Principle means but it is not legally binding and acts solely in the British exclusive club context as an unwritten rule or a gentleman's agreement.

I will teach you another fundamental unwritten rule in the law which is only a principle. In latin- illud quod ex necessitate est, legal -That which is necessary is Legal.
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:44:41 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:39:25 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

The quote of Voltaire.

Constitution? I come from Great Britain. I come from a theocratic country which has a hereditary monarchy as head of state. A Prime Minister which only 1 constituency can vote on. The second chamber which is mostly designated with appointed Lords, Ladies and Bishops. There is no constitution but instead a powerful sense of tradition of upholding Rights and Free Speech.

The site so far has not taken down a particular controversial debate so has upheld the Principle of 'Free Debate'. The moderators have made the right decision not to giving into emotional pressure by a handful of regulars.

I am not particularly sure if they ignored the debate, supported the right to hold the debate or waited for the whole storm to blow over as the debate itself was going to be over in a few days and possibly forgotten as quickly like Music bands or viral YouTube videos.

I am not sure if you know what a Principle means but it is not legally binding and acts solely in the British exclusive club context as an unwritten rule or a gentleman's agreement.

I will teach you another fundamental unwritten rule in the law which is only a principle. In latin- illud quod ex necessitate est, legal -That which is necessary is Legal.

1) I can assure that the British Constitution does exist, look it up. (I am from Great Britain too and have spent months studying the Constitution. Here is some information about the Constitution. http://en.wikipedia.org...)
2) This still does not address that upholding free debates is a standard which DDO has set for itself. No matter if you may think it is right or wrong, there is no responsibility for them to allow free debates. This is, after all, the internet. DDO does not need to respect free speech at all.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 6:04:22 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:44:41 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:

The quote of Voltaire.

1) I can assure that the British Constitution does exist, look it up. (I am from Great Britain too and have spent months studying the Constitution. Here is some information about the Constitution. http://en.wikipedia.org...)
2) This still does not address that upholding free debates is a standard which DDO has set for itself. No matter if you may think it is right or wrong, there is no responsibility for them to allow free debates. This is, after all, the internet. DDO does not need to respect free speech at all.

1.I am doing a degree in politics, philosophy and economics. Trust me Britain has an unwritten constitution which is held together with conventions and common law passed by an act of parliament.
2.The really confusing issue to investors in the Independently recognised city of London is European Union Law which can be contradictory to an act of parliament to which impedes the house of parliament ability to pass laws and begs the question of where does sovereignty really lie?
3. This debate is an easy one. The lack of a written constitutional document is not a constitution.
4. ok, let's forget whether something is right or wrong and concentrate on fact. DDO has made no intention as of yet of censoring the debate held by Wylted which is the most recent example of an outcry to Ban the debate due to some members being offended.
5. The Principle of 'Free Debate' acts as an unwritten rule and a gentleman's agreement not to censor the debate which has resulted in the continuation of the 'Rape Off' and ignoring those who wish to ban it.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 6:04:47 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:04:32 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
Preach it, brother.

Regardless of the what Thett was trying to get across. Thett only gave off the impression that Thett was an ignorant troll and instead of bringing any constructive arguments to the Forum. Thett was counterintuitive and only served to show anyone who supports Removal of a Debate has no value to bring to the discussion.

The most important point is that anyone who uses vulgar language don't really have any respect, merit or value and only show that Thett is a Troll.

I am glad that both Thett and yourself agree that any controversial, offensive or sensitive subjects should be debated as neither of yourself or the troll have any intelligent or constructive arguments to bring to the discussion.

I'm confused. I think the debate is highly constructive and exactly the kind of meaningful dialogue we need on this site. The moderators shouldn't ban any topics of debates. I hardly see how it makes me a troll when I'm merely agreeing with you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 6:06:43 PM

The quote of Voltaire.

Also I would appreciate if you would not use Wikipedia as a source but instead use the government's own website in relation to legislation.
http://services.parliament.uk...
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 6:14:13 PM
At 9/26/2014 6:04:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
Preach it, brother.

I'm confused. I think the debate is highly constructive and exactly the kind of meaningful dialogue we need on this site. The moderators shouldn't ban any topics of debates. I hardly see how it makes me a troll when I'm merely agreeing with you.

If you are truly supportive of the principle of 'Free Debates'. Then leave a supportive comment in the comment section on the 'Rape Off' debate for the right of Wylted's to have a debate of a 'rape off'.

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 6:25:35 PM

The quote of Voltaire.

1.DDO has a clear mandate voted on by the the membership of DDO to uphold the unwritten rule and principle of 'Free Debate'.
2. DDO has the responsibility to find a balance between membership opinion and whether the terms of agreement really reflect mass membership opinion.
3.The Poll is conclusive and if this had been an election the Principle of 'Free Debate' would already have won.
4.Is legislation all that constitutes Responsibility?

Below is a poll I held to see what the true opinion of the membership was in relation to the right to hold Free Debate regardless of the subject matter being offensive, controversial or sensitive.

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:17:59 AM
Preach it, brother.

Regardless of the what Thett was trying to get across*,* Thett only gave off the impression that *he* was an ignorant troll and instead of bringing any constructive arguments to the *forum*.

Fix'd.

I expected much better out of you, thehumanistpreacher.

Thett was counterintuitive and only served to show anyone who supports *removal* of a *debate* has no value to bring to the discussion.

That's logically fallacious.

I'm not even sure how to put that into a syllogism to show you where that fails.

Not to mention he did prove that certain topics are harmful to the community. For example you were probably offended at least a little by Thett's response. If it's harmful to the community because it's a direct attack on someone, then that goes against the terms of use. DDO would rather not have its members being insulted like that without restraint just because it's in debate format.

Since DDO is a privately owned site, they are allowed to restrict on whatever basis they feel is reasonable. The basis that they don't want to have users attacked is reasonable.

Read above in case you skimmed it.

The most important point is that anyone who uses vulgar language *doesn't* really have any respect, merit or value and only show that Thett is a Troll.

Anyone who uses vulgar language shows that Thett is a troll.

And you're just going to categorize all people who use vulgar language into a set of worthless human beings? Isn't that a bit arbitrary of a reason to start devaluing people.

I am glad that both Thett and yourself agree that any controversial, offensive or sensitive subjects should be debated*, *

That was not what Thett or I said.

Also, don't refer to anyone as "the troll" besides me. There are other trolls, but I am "the" troll. The definitive article. I am the queen of the Troll Kingdom, and Thett is one of my Knights of the Troll Table.

Despite that fact, we're both still right and you're wrong.

as neither of yourself *nor * the troll have any intelligent or constructive arguments to bring to the discussion.

Tell me, is ignorance truly bliss?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:25:32 AM
How about a compromise. Non offensive debates are free, but the offensive ones cost $5.00 payable through pay pal.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:31:52 AM
At 9/27/2014 12:25:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
How about a compromise. Non offensive debates are free, but the offensive ones cost $5.00 payable through pay pal.

What would the money be used for?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:37:05 AM
At 9/27/2014 12:31:52 AM, Garbanza wrote:

Maybe the site could hire worthy and intelligent guests to visit, to balance out the idiocy. It's a good idea.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:39:15 AM

Sites cost money to keep running and developing.

Nuff said.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:40:38 AM

When I get 5 bucks it's used for cocaine and whores, but Juggle can use it how they see fit.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:28:20 PM
I apologise for the late response, I have been busy. I hope I was able to answer all of the points you may have raised.

"Fix'd.
I expected much better out of you, thehumanistpreacher."
I expected a constructive discussion not false distracting babble from Thett. You should expect more off Thett for trolling not myself. I have been leading by example in my contribution of this debate.

"That's logically fallacious.
I'm not even sure how to put that into a syllogism to show you where that fails.
Not to mention he did prove that certain topics are harmful to the community. For example you were probably offended at least a little by Thett's response. If it's harmful to the community because it's a direct attack on someone, then that goes against the terms of use. DDO would rather not have its members being insulted like that without restraint just because it's in debate format.
Since DDO is a privately owned site, they are allowed to restrict on whatever basis they feel is reasonable. The basis that they don't want to have users attacked is reasonable."

1.Thett"s distracting talk has pulled the discussion in the wrong direction but that is all.
2.Show me a past debate in DDO that has been harmful to the community.
3.If it does not Pick my Pocket or Brake my bones I am not harmed.
4.If you Ban one controversial debate you must therefore ban them all.

"Debates don't have to benefit anyone but they do have the right to be there."

"Read above in case you skimmed it."

1.I saw my statement. I formally stand by it.

"The most important point is that anyone who uses vulgar language *doesn't* really have any respect, merit or value and only show that Thett is a Troll.
And you're just going to categorize all people who use vulgar language into a set of worthless human beings? Isn't that a bit arbitrary of a reason to start devaluing people."

1.I admit that was misworded. I didn"t proof read.
2.I made no attack on Thett"s character. I made the decision that Thett is a Troll based on the Vulgar Language Thett used in her statement, personal attacks against me and lack of contribution. All of this is consistent with Troll behaviour.
3.In polite and civilised conversation swearing is avoided. I believe anyone who doesn"t contribute to the discussion devalues themselves in relation to said debate and be seen as proper to be called out and be held accountable for their actions.
4.I don"t know where you got "Worthless human beings".

"am glad that both Thett and yourself agree that any controversial, offensive or sensitive subjects should be debated*, *
Also, don't refer to anyone as "the troll" besides me. There are other trolls, but I am "the" troll. The definitive article. I am the queen of the Troll Kingdom, and Thett is one of my Knights of the Troll Table.
Despite that fact, we're both still right and you're wrong."

1.You seem to not have any constructive points to raise in relation to the debate. Thett would rather beat around the bush and not directly discuss the issue and you are happy to ignore Thetts behaviour in this debate.
2.By not making a valid point in relation to the question we are discussing. I have done my part in the discussion to hold you and Thett accountable on whichever views you both hold and only exercised my right to seek clarity in that respect.
3.I have seen no example of troll behaviour from yourself in this discussion. I have from Thett. Thett is still consistent with troll behaviour and can be labelled a troll accordingly. Thett is a troll and you are not so I invite you to call Thett a troll.
4.To be right you have to hold an alternative opinion or any opinion at all for that matter.

"as neither of yourself *nor * the troll have any intelligent or constructive arguments to bring to the discussion.
Tell me, is ignorance truly bliss?"

1.I wouldn"t know. You should ask Thett.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:46:24 PM
At 9/27/2014 1:28:20 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
I apologise for the late response, I have been busy. I hope I was able to answer all of the points you may have raised.

"Fix'd.
I expected much better out of you, thehumanistpreacher."
I expected a constructive discussion not false distracting babble from Thett. You should expect more off Thett for trolling not myself. I have been leading by example in my contribution of this debate.

"That's logically fallacious.
Since DDO is a privately owned site, they are allowed to restrict on whatever basis they feel is reasonable. The basis that they don't want to have users attacked is reasonable."
1.Thett"s distracting talk has pulled the discussion in the wrong direction but that is all.
2.Show me a past debate in DDO that has been harmful to the community.
3.If it does not Pick my Pocket or Brake my bones I am not harmed.
4.If you Ban one controversial debate you must therefore ban them all.
"Debates don't have to benefit anyone but they do have the right to be there."

"Read above in case you skimmed it."
1.I saw my statement. I formally stand by it.
"The most important point is that anyone who uses vulgar language *doesn't* really have any respect, merit or value and only show that Thett is a Troll.
And you're just going to categorize all people who use vulgar language into a set of worthless human beings? Isn't that a bit arbitrary of a reason to start devaluing people."
1.I admit that was misworded. I didn"t proof read.
2.I made no attack on Thett"s character. I made the decision that Thett is a Troll based on the Vulgar Language Thett used in her statement, personal attacks against me and lack of contribution. All of this is consistent with Troll behaviour.
3.In polite and civilised conversation swearing is avoided. I believe anyone who doesn"t contribute to the discussion devalues themselves in relation to said debate and be seen as proper to be called out and be held accountable for their actions.
4.I don"t know where you got "Worthless human beings".
"am glad that both Thett and yourself agree that any controversial, offensive or sensitive subjects should be debated*, *
Despite that fact, we're both still right and you're wrong."
1.You seem to not have any constructive points to raise in relation to the debate. Thett would rather beat around the bush and not directly discuss the issue and you are happy to ignore Thetts behaviour in this debate.
2.By not making a valid point in relation to the question we are discussing. I have done my part in the discussion to hold you and Thett accountable on whichever views you both hold and only exercised my right to seek clarity in that respect.
3.I have seen no example of troll behaviour from yourself in this discussion. I have from Thett. Thett is still consistent with troll behaviour and can be labelled a troll accordingly. Thett is a troll and you are not so I invite you to call Thett a troll.
4.To be right you have to hold an alternative opinion or any opinion at all for that matter.
"as neither of yourself *nor * the troll have any intelligent or constructive arguments to bring to the discussion.
Tell me, is ignorance truly bliss?"

1.I wouldn"t know. You should ask Thett.

I don't think you really understood the nature of my response. The point was to illustrate to you just how worthless some debates truly are and how the position that we should maintain free debates at whatever the cost gets harder to maintain when the debate in question attacks you. To your credit, you never suggested that we should delete such a debate should I choose to make it but I think the annoyed/frustrated nature of your response proves my point and disproves yours quite nicely: there *are* some debates that we should not tolerate and which should be deleted because all they do is cause harm to the community. If you don't think so, look how with a simple post I derailed your thread. Unless you appreciate that kind of behavior, you should think about changing your position and supporting some form of moderation.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 4:52:09 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Here"s my response to each part of your statement. I would like you to answer the 2 questions I have provided if that"s ok.

"don't think you really understood the nature of my response."

1.I understood what you were trying to do, I just thought you went about it all wrong.
"The point was to illustrate to you just how worthless some debates truly are"
2.I absolutely agree with you that some debates can be worthless but it doesn"t give us the right to ban them because we judge them to be so.

"I think the annoyed/frustrated nature of your response proves my point and disproves yours quite nicely"
"there *are* some debates that we should not tolerate and which should be deleted because all they do is cause harm to the community"

3.My position has remained the same and quite clear. We do not have the right to Ban debates because we are offended. We have the right to argue any point and others have the right to argue back.
4. I challenge you to show me 2 past debates that has caused harm to the community.
5. If it doesn"t break my bones or pick my pocket then I am fine with it.

"Unless you appreciate that kind of behavior, you should think about changing your position and supporting some form of moderation."

6. I haven"t yet been shown why restricting debate on DDO would be a good thing.

2 Questions I would like you to answer

Q1. Where is the evidence that the principle of "Free debate" is harmful?

To reiterate the point

4. I challenge you to show me 2 past debates that has caused harm to the community.

Q2. Do you accept that if you ban 1 controversial topic of debate due to other being offended then you must therefore ban other controversial topics?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 4:55:04 PM
At 9/27/2014 4:52:09 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Here"s my response to each part of your statement. I would like you to answer the 2 questions I have provided if that"s ok.

"don't think you really understood the nature of my response."

1.I understood what you were trying to do, I just thought you went about it all wrong.
"The point was to illustrate to you just how worthless some debates truly are"
2.I absolutely agree with you that some debates can be worthless but it doesn"t give us the right to ban them because we judge them to be so.

"I think the annoyed/frustrated nature of your response proves my point and disproves yours quite nicely"
"there *are* some debates that we should not tolerate and which should be deleted because all they do is cause harm to the community"

3.My position has remained the same and quite clear. We do not have the right to Ban debates because we are offended. We have the right to argue any point and others have the right to argue back.
5. If it doesn"t break my bones or pick my pocket then I am fine with it.

"Unless you appreciate that kind of behavior, you should think about changing your position and supporting some form of moderation."

6. I haven"t yet been shown why restricting debate on DDO would be a good thing.

2 Questions I would like you to answer

Q1. Where is the evidence that the principle of "Free debate" is harmful?

To reiterate the point

Q2. Do you accept that if you ban 1 controversial topic of debate due to other being offended then you must therefore ban other controversial topics?

Tell you what, I'll just challenge you to a debate.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:04:04 PM
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:09:07 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:04:04 PM, thett3 wrote:

I apologise, I was just about to log off, it's nearly mid night over here.

This is certainly a debate I would love to have.

What are the terms?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:11:04 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:09:07 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

What are the terms?

Pretty general...I made it shared BOP, 2 week voting period with a 2500 ELO voting limit, and the standard first round for acceptance second for constructives and third and fourth for rebuttals format. If there's anything specific you want just say so
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:16:56 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:11:04 PM, thett3 wrote:

What are the terms?

Pretty general...I made it shared BOP, 2 week voting period with a 2500 ELO voting limit, and the standard first round for acceptance second for constructives and third and fourth for rebuttals format. If there's anything specific you want just say so

What is the time you have made for being able to make your statement? 3 days each?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:17:13 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:16:56 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

What are the terms?

What is the time you have made for being able to make your statement? 3 days each?

Yeah
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:18:03 PM
At 9/27/2014 5:17:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 9/27/2014 5:16:56 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:

What are the terms?

Yeah

Brilliant, I'll accept now.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:30:11 PM
Can we please note that a 'best rape' debate holds no intellectual value, and is knowingly shocking and offensive?
Nolite Timere