Jump to topic:

Warped: A DDO Chronicle Chapter 2

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 9:38:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: This chapter will include two RL DDO members in addition to the first character, along with a POV switch (the POV will always switch at every chapter). If you're not on the list, please don't kill me (yet). T-T Well, here's Chapter 2!

Previous Chapter: http://www.debate.org...

Chapter 2: September 24, 2014

As soon as the girl was freed from the invisible bonds, she was still petrified and immobile.

Of course, it was much more acceptable than the annoying screams stabbing into her eardrums, but any sane person would be in total shock after this ordeal. Inside her mind, however, she was thinking.

DDO...in real life? What kind of world is this? The girl demanded from herself, longing to get back to the real world. The holograph's voice echoed within her mind. If you manage to prove yourself to be one of the five most intelligent people in this world, the wave will be terminated and you will be freed.

She snapped out of her thoughts, remembering that if this was truly DDO, and everyone that was a member were trapped in this world...Endark! He's here! She thought, both with radiant joy and despair that her love was trapped with her as well. She scanned around, trying to ignore the hysterics surrounding her, but it was futile to find him within the massive crowd.

Sighing with frustration, she decided that the only thing left to do was to leave this peculiar chamber. She glanced at the tunneling exit, only to see a pale boy walking through the tunnel and the open metal gates. Overcome with curiosity, and seeing as she was going to leave too, anyway, she chased after him, taking one last pitying glance behind her at the crowd.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She simply couldn't catch up to the boy.

It was embarrassing, but for some strange reason, the boy began to sprint before she could reach him. They were now on the road back to the courtyard, hardly visible from this distance.

What the heck is wrong with him? She thought, between uneven breaths. Could he have seen me?

Whatever the case, it was obvious that she was falling behind slowly. As a last resort, she tried to yell at the boy, but it came out more as a loud gasp.

"Hey, wait..."

She thought it was futile, but surprisingly, the boy halted, gazing up at the sky. The sun was just a streak on the horizon now, with the moon ascending to become its successor. The girl could tell that it was evening. Could the time also be the same in the real world?

Regardless, the boy turned around after a few seconds, not looking very surprised that someone was following him. He waited for the girl to walk unsteadily towards him between deep breaths and a mumbling of curses.

"Can I help you?" The boy asked nonchalantly, as if he was taking a mindless stroll on a regular night. This aggravated the girl, but as she caught her breath, she studied the boy in front of her.

The first thing that popped into her mind was that this boy looked nothing like Endark; rather, the exact opposite. She was almost repulsed by the sharp contrast between him and her boyfriend. The boy's face was unnaturally pale, with the moonlight almost reflecting from his skin, looked alarmingly skinny but wiry, and had obsidian hair, which even further emphasized the paleness of the boy's head, along with his tall height, which completed the image of the skeletal image. His eyes were almost pure black, masking anything that was hidden inside them. The only thing that she appreciated was his glasses, which looked slightly crooked, and with a pang, she realized that the boy was younger than her by several years, and was somewhat sad that people this young had to suffer in this world, too.

"Can I help you?" The boy repeated, clearing his throat uncomfortably, bringing her attention back to him.

"Oh, right. Um, could you please tell me where you're going?" She cursed herself for sounding like a pedophile, but the boy didn't react strangely.

"Well, I'm heading for the city. Where else is there to go now?" The boy replied, with a hint of bluntness that almost went undetected by the girl.

"Mind if I go along with you?" Again, she bit her tongue after that statement. Now she sounded like a stalker, and she made it apparent to other people that she absolutely despised to stalkers. What a hypocrite.

The boy tilted his head slightly, a small grin forming on his face. "But I don't even know you--" He suddenly stopped talking, staring at a spot over her head with his mouth open.

"What is it?" The girl demanded, looking above her as well, but finding nothing. She looked back down at the boy, thinking that he was messing with her, when floating text appeared out of nowhere above his head, reading:

RevL8ion

"Umm...are these our DDO usernames?" he asked, still gaping above her head before taking a glance above his own. "I can't see mine..."

The girl regained her senses. Of course. This is a virtual world, and it's a game. No wonder... "Which means..."

"You're ESocial?!"
"You're Rev?!"

They pointed fingers at each other in unison, in total shock from seeing each other in real life (or virtual life). Rev started backing away from ESocial, his face even paler as he goggled at her, and ESocial did the same.

"How...I don't even..." ESocial tried to put her thoughts into words, but in vain. Rev seemed to be hyperventilating. Of course, he didn't even bat an eye when he realized he was trapped in this world, but was nearly dying from shock when he met a friend in real life. Rev's logic was odd, to say the least.

ESocial regained her senses after a few seconds, with Rev still gawking at her. "Wait...but you don't have a rash...do you?"

She glared and punched the insolent boy in the face, sending him tumbling to the ground. "Oof...that hurt...I mean, you said you had one in the profile, but you don't now. Not that I have a problem with it or anything," the last part was added hastily but genuinely when Rev saw ESocial clenching her fist again.

Raising an eyebrow, she looked down at herself, and realized that he was right. She seemed, looked, and felt perfectly normal. She gave an experimental slap to her arm, and twice more when she wasn't getting the reaction she was usually accustomed to. Her itching disappeared as well. Odd. She knelt down and helped Rev up, with him cautiously glancing at her hands.

"So, Rev, we're going to the city, right?" she said, with a slight emphasis on his name.

He gulped, and nodded. "Uhh, yeah. Wait, ESocial, how come Endark isn't with you?"

She sighed. "I couldn't find him in that crowd. It's only by sheer luck that I managed to find you, and I didn't even know that it was you in the first place. I thought you'd look more healthier," she added, taking amusement in teasing him.

"And I thought that you would seem more sweet and innocent like the ESocial on DDO," he returned, and was met with a punch to the head. "Ow...definitely not sweet or innocent," he muttered under his breath, rubbing his head.

"Shut up. We need to find Endark." ESocial looked back at the dome. They were close enough to still see the sinister dome, but couldn't spot anyone who were exiting.

"Hey..." ESocial turned around to Rev, who was in obvious discomfort. She raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Do you still need to do the regular things you do in the real world? I mean, you still need to eat, drink, and sleep, right?"
ESocial hadn't quite thought about that yet. She was still too preoccupied with Endark. "I guess, why?"

Rev hesitated, then admitted, "I'm really hungry right now..."

ESocial tried not to smack the boy upside his head for his silliness, while she was looking for her lost love. She sighed, and relented.
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 9:46:48 PM
"Fine, let's go to the city if there's any--" Suddenly, she was interrupted by a ringing coming from her pocket. Instinctively, she reached for her phone in her right pocket, but when she pulled it out, it looked nothing like it--it was thinner, with a larger screen; big enough to be a small kindle.

"I think that's the phone that contains the tutorial." Rev took out his own and turned it on. "Could it work as a regular phone, too?"

ESocial turned it on, and time seemed to slow as she read who was calling:

EndarkenedRationalist

Endark. Her beloved. He was here. And he was calling her.

Don't get her wrong, ESocial received calls from him hundreds of times. It wasn't such a big deal. Now, however, she wanted to sob with relief.

Rev glanced at ESocial's screen. "What's...oh." He walked out of earshot, minding his own business and fiddling with his phone.

Trembling, she brought a finger to the screen, landing on the green CALL button. She brought the phone to her ear, taking a deep breath. "Hello?"

"ANNIE!"

She almost wept with joy. "Ennie!"

"Annie, you're alive!"

ESocial couldn't help but laugh despite the current situation. "Of course I'm alive, silly."

Endark seemed to be taking deep breaths. "Where the heck are you?!"

"We're on the road leading out of the dome. Where the heck are you?"

"I was looking for you inside the dome for 30 minutes! Do you actually mean that you're right outside?!"

ESocial glanced at the dome. It looked far away. "We're pretty far away from the dome now, now that you mention it..."

Endark interrupted her, which was very rare for him. "Hey, wait, wait, wait. You said 'we're' twice now. Are you with someone right now?"

ESocial glanced at Rev, who was still playing with the phone and occasionally holding his stomach and grumbling. "Uhh...yeah, I'm--"

Click.

ESocial glanced at the phone. He'd hung up.

She sighed, knowing that he'll catch up with them. She put the phone back in her pocket, and walked back towards Rev.

"Rev, what the heck are you doing?" He paid no attention to her as he furiously swiped across the screen. She looked over his shoulder to see several squares with numbers of 2048, 4096, and 8192 on Rev's screen.

"Woohoo! New high score--Oof!" He grunted, flailing his arms as he fell facefirst into the ground, phone still in hand. An annoyed ESocial stood above him, having shoved him to the ground.

"Are you serious, Rev?" ESocial scolded, watching Rev slowly rising to his feet unsteadily. "You're playing 2048 at a time like this?"

He rubbed the forming bruise on his head, wincing. "You know, ESocial, you're a lot scarier than I thought you originally were. I think I liked it better when you were on DDO."

A well-placed slap sent him toppling to the ground again. ESocial felt bad for beating up on someone four years younger than her, but he was getting on her nerves. Besides, he didn't seem to mind too much.

She huffed, pulling Rev back up. "Anyway, I talked to Endark--"

"Don't you mean 'Ennie'?"

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up. He's heading over here now. Did you do anything productive?"

Rev turned his phone on again, furiously swiping. She didn't see any numbers this time, however.

"I was searching for the tutorial on this phone, but this phone only caters to anything that's related to DDO. It has Wi-Fi all the time, and has an app store, which is how I was playing 2048." ESocial palmed her face at the last comment. "Anyway, the DDO title is now replaced with the title of Mafia, with an eight-star symbol. Usually the star was the tattoo of the captain of the Russian Mafia, but other than that, I don't know. Other than that, the template seems the same, although the debate system is totally missing, and the forums have been wiped clean of content, except for one post."

"The tutorial."

"Precisely. It took forever to download, though, so I was playing 2048 while it was loading," Rev admitted sheepishly. "It should be done by now," he added, searching for the file.

ESocial could hear faint footsteps behind her, and turned to find the source. Emerging from the distance was Endark, sprinting as if his whole life depended on it. "ANNIE!" He roared, charging ahead.

She was delighted to see her love safe. "Ennie!" She cried, running towards him.

They collided with each other in a loving embrace, the moon shining above them to proclaim their reunion. She relished the warmth of his arms wrapped around her again, refusing to release him in fear of losing her beloved once more. Moments passed, and Endark broke the embrace to look at her.

"Annie..." he whispered.

She smiled up into his warm hazelnut eyes. "Ennie."

"Hey, I just realized that Annie and Ennie rhyme! Heh, heh..." Wow. Perfect timing Rev.

Endark suddenly let go of ESocial, charging at Rev. "Endark...?" she called, confusedly.

"Hang on! I'm going to kill this bastard!" Endark yelled, with Rev looking up from his phone to see an enraged Endark. "Ah, sh1t..." he groaned.

POW. Rev went flying into the air backwards, with Endark stretching out his arm, fist colliding with jaw. He fell on the ground in a groaning heap.

ESocial screamed. "Oh my gosh, Endark, what the hell did you do?!"

"This guy kidnapped you! That's why you were missing from the dome! Isn't that right?! I'm going to kill him for what he did!"

"Hey wait, Endark! That guy didn't kidnap me, he's..." Endark slowly halted as he looked at the username above the groaning boy's head, who was unsteadily and slowly rising to his feet and wiping the blood off of his mouth.

"That hurt..." he stumbled, then got up. "What the heck was that for?"

Endark gaped. "Rev?!"

He rolled his eyes, despite his obvious pain. "That was a few seconds too late, don't you think?"
"Holy sh1t, I'm so sorry! I didn't know that it was you! I thought that Annie got kidnapped. Are you all right?"

"Well, for the record, once I get back to real life, I'm suing you and ESocial for child harassment."

ESocial snorted, not sure if he was joking or not, and walked over to Rev. "So, where's the tutorial that you mentioned?"

He held his phone up in his hand. "I've sent it to you both already, but it's probably still loading, so here it is." A computer-sized color holograph appeared from the screen, similar to the giant one in the dome. ESocial and Endark leaned closer to get a better view.

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 9:49:08 PM
MAFIA ONLINE TUTORIAL

Introduction
Welcome to the virtual world of Mafia Online, the first virtual game simulator in existence. Mafia is a famous game created by Dmitry Davidoff 28 years ago, and is still played throughout the world today. This world will be based on the ever-changing world of Mafia, and will test each player's reasoning, logic, and thinking. This game will specifically be played by the 5,000 debate.org members, so we have tailored it to their taste, and added many features besides the main showcase, the Mafia Tournament.
Everything will be explained in this tutorial!

Gameplay
Mafia Online is generally meant for people to play virtual Mafia games. The rules are almost exactly the same. However, a new points system and more emphasis on roles is added, along with the option to create new matches and tournaments. In this version, however, players will be automatically assigned to a match. Once that match is completed, they will be given a break of a maximum of one week rounded to the next day, or until all players in this world register for the match before the one week limit, creating a continuous tournament.

The points system for each match will be decided on by a supercomputer, analyzing each player's achievements through the outcomes of all Mafia games in the input drive of the computer. However, the points will be given as the following:
7 points if your faction is in first place
3 points if your faction is in second place
1 point if your faction is in last place
5 points if you're deduced to be MVP of your faction
3 points if you're deduced to be an honorable mention of your faction
10 points if you're deduced to be MVP of the entire game
1 point for every round you survive if you're scum (Mafia or TP)
1 point for every round you submit a correct read if you're Town (Note: the reads will be submitted in the NP, but will not be confirmed incorrect or correct until the end of the game.)
For each 20~25 person tournament, the top half of the players in terms of points will survive and advance to the next round (the number of players will be rounded to the lower multiple of five, i.e. half of 25 is 12.5, so 10 players will advance).

The gameplay will also be the same as regular DDO Mafia, with a maximum of 72-hour DP and a maximum of 24-hour NP. However, each match will teleport all players into a room for the game, where all players will be able to talk with each other, face-to-face. In the NP, however, the roles will become drastically realistic. The room turns into a field of darkness, and all players will be actively using their roles on the field. The roles solely depend on the player's skill, and no player is able to see others unless it is their target or their role specifically says so. If you die, you will be once again teleported to the game, but now invisible and unable to talk, unless your role states that you will reveal something when you die. Should you not be in the top 10, you will be terminated from the tournament (A/N: The game creator doesn't know that you'll actually die if you die in the game, since he just assumed that Smith would let them go if they fail).

You may also upgrade roles and defenses with the money that you earn in various STORES in the Town.
Money will be equivalent to $5,000 for every point you receive in any Mafia match in the tournament. The purpose of this upgrade system is to give the better players an edge in order to prevent flukes in the game.

Other Features
Besides the main Mafia tournament, Mafia Online also has many features, all of which are listed and described below.

City
The city is the central hub for all players. Aside from the match rooms/fields, all of the features of Mafia Online are located from the city.

Homes
Homes are available starting from $50,000. Cheaper inns and hotels are also available starting from $1,000 every day. Homes can also be sold for a profit.

Stores
There are three types of stores: MARKETS, RESTAURANTS, and ARMORIES. Markets contain useful products for your home such as furniture, clothing and accessories for yourself, and other personal items. Restaurants obviously sell food, all varying in price range. Twenty restaurants are in the CITY of Mafia Online. Restaurants also have a chance of giving an item along with the food, with the chances increasing as the quality of the restaurant increases. Armories are for upgrading specific roles and skill points, with the cost increasing at every upgrade level. They sport new features such as different weapons for killing roles, magic wards to block from stalking roles, and more advanced tools for the Doctor, for example. Upgrades are key in order to properly carry out your role in the NP. All purchases in any store will be private and impossible for others to know about unless you show them your receipt.

Items
Items are objects belonging to the player, but can't be stolen by other players by any means, like money. It falls into the following categories: clothing, furniture, armor, weaponry, food (food has an expiration date, however), jewelry, and miscellaneous.

Marriage
Marriage allows players to hold a wedding in the game, the quality depending on how much money each player pays and the quality of the rings. Weddings can be public, friends only, invitations only, or just private. An NPC or character minister will be appointed for the wedding. You are unable to divorce, so decide wisely.

Phone
The phone has access to the Mafia Online page, with a forum for everyone to post in. Moderators have been appointed randomly, and will be succeeded again randomly if the mod dies. The phone also allows you to call and text your friends, but you MUST friend people via the phone in order to do so. It also contains an app store that has all applications from the real world, but apps that allow the player to connect to the outside world are prohibited. The phone also has a holographic setting that allows it to display its screen at the size of a computer's monitor.

Conclusion
This concludes the first official tutorial of Mafia Online. More updates will be installed as time passes, so look forward to them! Most importantly, good luck, players.

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 9:52:54 PM
No replies were posted to this thread, and Rev sat down on the ground promptly began texting on his phone.

ESocial and Endark looked at each other, worried for not themselves but for each other. The programmers of this world has obviously taken great care to make Mafia Online entertaining, but a prison was still a prison, no matter how fun it was.

Endark seemed to be depressed. "Annie, how will we both survive? Out of 5,000 people, how--"

"Shh." She silenced him with a quick kiss, making him blush slightly. "We'll make it. I promise."

"I thought I was the one that was supposed to reassure you," he complained.

ESocial smirked. "It'll be alright, Endark. Besides, this could be fun, so relax."

He sighed, obviously not knowing how this could be fun. Rev finished his reply, looking up at them. "Look, some people are coming out of the dome. About time, too," he added as an afterthought.

Sure enough, ESocial could see a growing cloud of people slowly advancing. It was much too far away to see their faces, but she could tell that the majority of them were upset.

"We should go," Rev suddenly said, rising from the ground. ESocial turned towards him, disbelieving.

"Are you kidding? There are people there! Some of them are our friends--" She suddenly remembered everyone. Bsh1. 9space. Ford. Mikal. Dozens of names swirled around in her mind, and they were just behind her. She could hardly believe that she was listening to this kid telling her what to do.

Endark protested too, but Rev cut them short. "It's fine. I've texted everyone that we'll all meet outside the city, and told them to hustle up."

She still felt unsure. How could she abandon her friends? "Still...""

"You've never played a Massive Multiplayer Online, have you?" Rev asked.

"Not really, why?" ESocial found this irrelevant to the current subject., but still felt defensive.

"Mafia Online is an MMO. There's going to be tough competition from the other players, and we need an advantage to survive and make it to the top five. If we reach the city before the other players, we get to have first pick of everything available--such as a good inn for starting players. Most players will have to sleep outside since the inns won"t be able to accommodate everyone. Not to mention the food..." His stomach grumbled as if to express his hunger.

ESocial sighed, still unsure, but she definitely didn't want to sleep outside, nor did she want to go hungry. Now that Rev mentioned it, she was feeling a bit peckish.

Endark gripped her hand. "It'll be fine. We'll see them again in a few hours."

ESocial managed a small smile. "As long as I go with you." With that, the trio continued on their journey, briskly walking along the road, with the faint outline of the city sparkling in the moonlight.

A/N: Aaaaaaaand CUT! Thanks for reading! To confirm any confusion, the first POV in the chapter was in fact me (sorry if I made myself seem like I had a giant ego lmao). Also, apologies to ESocial to making her look like a bully, but I promise that she'll only be like that to me in the story (XD). If I've screwed up in anything, please let me know. I've been churning out words much faster than I've expected, so I haven't encountered a writer's block yet. If you want to be added in the next few chapters, go ahead and sign up here: Until then, stick around for Chapter 3!

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 9:53:44 PM
Dear God, that was long. My brain's fried from excessive thinking.

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:17:26 PM
At 9/25/2014 9:52:54 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
A/N: Aaaaaaaand CUT! Thanks for reading! To confirm any confusion, the first POV in the chapter was in fact me (sorry if I made myself seem like I had a giant ego lmao).
Lol. S'cute. ^.^

Also, apologies to ESocial to making her look like a bully, but I promise that she'll only be like that to me in the story (XD).
LOL! Nonsense! I loved it! XD Seems actually like me :P

If I've screwed up in anything, please let me know. I've been churning out words much faster than I've expected, so I haven't encountered a writer's block yet.
IKR! You're doing great!
DUDE! BE A WRITER!!!

--

Errrmaaahhhguurrddd I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvv the Enannie ship!!! You rocked it Rev! Keep it up!

#Annie-consoles-Ennie #girlpower
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:20:29 PM
Also, tbf, I can see Endark being close to a pacifict irl.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:27:54 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:17:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 9/25/2014 9:52:54 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
A/N: Aaaaaaaand CUT! Thanks for reading! To confirm any confusion, the first POV in the chapter was in fact me (sorry if I made myself seem like I had a giant ego lmao).
Lol. S'cute. ^.^

D

Also, apologies to ESocial to making her look like a bully, but I promise that she'll only be like that to me in the story (XD).
LOL! Nonsense! I loved it! XD Seems actually like me :P

O.o *inches away from ESocial*

If I've screwed up in anything, please let me know. I've been churning out words much faster than I've expected, so I haven't encountered a writer's block yet.
IKR! You're doing great!
DUDE! BE A WRITER!!!

Errrmaaahhhguurrddd I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvv the Enannie ship!!! You rocked it Rev! Keep it up!

#Annie-consoles-Ennie #girlpower

XD thanks for the support! I'll get chapters 3 and 4 rolling in by the end of this week. Glad that you liked it. :P

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:30:43 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:20:29 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Apparently I'm brash, a romantic, and given to not thinking at all about my actions before I do them.
I'm also athletic.

I think the Endark you're with is an imposter.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:34:27 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:30:43 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Apparently I'm brash, a romantic, and given to not thinking at all about my actions before I do them.
I'm also athletic.

LMAO. You don't like this Endark in the story?

Well, for starters, you're obviously worked up, since you can't find Annie and realized that she was trapped in this world along with you. It's very understandable, so I forgive you punching me in the face. *wipes at the corner of my mouth*

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:34:48 PM

Excellent intro! I don't have a comment for it, but I deleted it to give me characters to type with. :)

It was embarrassing, but for some strange reason, the boy began to sprint before she could reach him. They were now on the road back to the courtyard, hardly visible from this distance.

What the heck is wrong with him? She thought, between uneven breaths. Could he have seen me?

Well, she can be terrifying XD

Whatever the case, it was obvious that she was falling behind slowly. As a last resort, she tried to yell at the boy, but it came out more as a loud gasp.

"Hey, wait..."

She thought it was futile, but surprisingly, the boy halted, gazing up at the sky. The sun was just a streak on the horizon now, with the moon ascending to become its successor. The girl could tell that it was evening. Could the time also be the same in the real world?

Nice image.

Regardless, the boy turned around after a few seconds, not looking very surprised that someone was following him. He waited for the girl to walk unsteadily towards him between deep breaths and a mumbling of curses.

"Can I help you?" The boy asked nonchalantly, as if he was taking a mindless stroll on a regular night. This aggravated the girl, but as she caught her breath, she studied the boy in front of her.

The first thing that popped into her mind was that this boy looked nothing like Endark; rather, the exact opposite. She was almost repulsed by the sharp contrast between him and her boyfriend. The boy's face was unnaturally pale, with the moonlight almost reflecting from his skin, looked alarmingly skinny but wiry, and had obsidian hair, which even further emphasized the paleness of the boy's head, along with his tall height, which completed the image of the skeletal image. His eyes were almost pure black, masking anything that was hidden inside them. The only thing that she appreciated was his glasses, which looked slightly crooked, and with a pang, she realized that the boy was younger than her by several years, and was somewhat sad that people this young had to suffer in this world, too.

...sounds kinda sinister...

"Can I help you?" The boy repeated, clearing his throat uncomfortably, bringing her attention back to him.

"Oh, right. Um, could you please tell me where you're going?" She cursed herself for sounding like a pedophile, but the boy didn't react strangely.

wut

"Well, I'm heading for the city. Where else is there to go now?" The boy replied, with a hint of bluntness that almost went undetected by the girl.

"Mind if I go along with you?" Again, she bit her tongue after that statement. Now she sounded like a stalker, and she made it apparent to other people that she absolutely despised to stalkers. What a hypocrite.

wutwutZaradiwut

The boy tilted his head slightly, a small grin forming on his face. "But I don't even know you--" He suddenly stopped talking, staring at a spot over her head with his mouth open.

"What is it?" The girl demanded, looking above her as well, but finding nothing. She looked back down at the boy, thinking that he was messing with her, when floating text appeared out of nowhere above his head, reading:

RevL8ion

"Umm...are these our DDO usernames?" he asked, still gaping above her head before taking a glance above his own. "I can't see mine..."

I like that twist. Nice!

The girl regained her senses. Of course. This is a virtual world, and it's a game. No wonder... "Which means..."

"You're ESocial?!"
"You're Rev?!"

They pointed fingers at each other in unison, in total shock from seeing each other in real life (or virtual life). Rev started backing away from ESocial, his face even paler as he goggled at her, and ESocial did the same.

"How...I don't even..." ESocial tried to put her thoughts into words, but in vain. Rev seemed to be hyperventilating. Of course, he didn't even bat an eye when he realized he was trapped in this world, but was nearly dying from shock when he met a friend in real life. Rev's logic was odd, to say the least.

ESocial regained her senses after a few seconds, with Rev still gawking at her. "Wait...but you don't have a rash...do you?"

She glared and punched the insolent boy in the face, sending him tumbling to the ground. "Oof...that hurt...I mean, you said you had one in the profile, but you don't now. Not that I have a problem with it or anything," the last part was added hastily but genuinely when Rev saw ESocial clenching her fist again.

YEAH! GIRL POWER!
(Annie will get the reference)

Raising an eyebrow, she looked down at herself, and realized that he was right. She seemed, looked, and felt perfectly normal. She gave an experimental slap to her arm, and twice more when she wasn't getting the reaction she was usually accustomed to. Her itching disappeared as well. Odd. She knelt down and helped Rev up, with him cautiously glancing at her hands.

"So, Rev, we're going to the city, right?" she said, with a slight emphasis on his name.

He gulped, and nodded. "Uhh, yeah. Wait, ESocial, how come Endark isn't with you?"

I DON'T KNOW, MR. WRITER. WHY COULD THAT BE, I WONDER.

She sighed. "I couldn't find him in that crowd. It's only by sheer luck that I managed to find you, and I didn't even know that it was you in the first place. I thought you'd look more healthier," she added, taking amusement in teasing him.

"And I thought that you would seem more sweet and innocent like the ESocial on DDO," he returned, and was met with a punch to the head. "Ow...definitely not sweet or innocent," he muttered under his breath, rubbing his head.

"Shut up. We need to find Endark." ESocial looked back at the dome. They were close enough to still see the sinister dome, but couldn't spot anyone who were exiting.

"Hey..." ESocial turned around to Rev, who was in obvious discomfort. She raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Do you still need to do the regular things you do in the real world? I mean, you still need to eat, drink, and sleep, right?"
ESocial hadn't quite thought about that yet. She was still too preoccupied with Endark. "I guess, why?"

xD

ESocial tried not to smack the boy u
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:35:36 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:34:27 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

I'm also athletic.

I was poking fun. Don't worry. You're doing great!

Well, for starters, you're obviously worked up, since you can't find Annie and realized that she was trapped in this world along with you. It's very understandable, so I forgive you punching me in the face. *wipes at the corner of my mouth*
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:38:02 PM

I'm also athletic.

Anything can happen in mafia. ;-)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:39:32 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:34:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Excellent intro! I don't have a comment for it, but I deleted it to give me characters to type with. :)

Why thank you! I try sometimes. :3

Agreed. *sees ESocial* *runs in fear of being hit again*

"Hey, wait..."

Nice image.

...sounds kinda sinister...

Sinister on the outside, immature on the inside. That pretty much sums me up.

wut

XD

wutwutZaradiwut

Lmao. Does Zaradi act like this?

RevL8ion

I like that twist. Nice!

P It was about time that I added some names.

"You're ESocial?!"
"You're Rev?!"

YEAH! GIRL POWER!
(Annie will get the reference)

I'm sure she would. :P

I DON'T KNOW, MR. WRITER. WHY COULD THAT BE, I WONDER.

Okay, okay. I'm really sorry for kidnapping Annie. Are you happy now? D:

"What?"

xD

Metabolism. It works wonders.

ESocial tried not to smack the boy u

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:40:13 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:38:02 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I'm also athletic.

Anything can happen in mafia. ;-)

Fair enough. I'm still pissed at Khaos for that last game. >.>

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:41:36 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:35:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 9/25/2014 10:34:27 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

I'm also athletic.

I was poking fun. Don't worry. You're doing great!

Well, I'll take note of that when things grow calmer in the next chapter. I was thinking of adding Krieg, and he described himself as a "bearded troll." I wonder how that'd work out. XD

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:42:44 PM
wutwutZaradiwut
LOL. But I never actually stalked Zaradi THAT much. I mean, I have cyberstalked a few people... but like, nothing big really. xD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:43:45 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:39:32 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

LOL Rev. xD

I know I scary. T'is why I have VERY few friends irl. xD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:45:31 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:43:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

LOL Rev. xD

It's okay, I'll still be your friend. :D XD

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:51:41 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:45:31 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

LOL Rev. xD

AWWWW. That's so sweet. I wonder truly how you'd respond if you ever met me... xD *rotfl*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 10:52:59 PM
At 9/25/2014 10:51:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 9/25/2014 10:45:31 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

LOL Rev. xD

AWWWW. That's so sweet. I wonder truly how you'd respond if you ever met me... xD *rotfl*

I wonder how you'd truly respond if you ever met me. XD

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:13:59 PM
>.> Dat writer's block that I usually get around chapter 3 or 4. I just want to screw logic, but I'm trying to make sure I don't have any fictional flaws...yet. Anyway, Chapter 3 will probably be out by tomorrow.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:53:01 PM
At 9/27/2014 9:13:59 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Loved the episode!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:57:44 PM
One day, I hope I make one of these. Maybe as the villain who kidnaps random members.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 11:08:32 PM
At 9/27/2014 10:57:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
One day, I hope I make one of these. Maybe as the villain who kidnaps random members.

Mmmmmm.
Noted.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 3:25:40 PM
bump
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:33:04 PM
At 9/27/2014 10:57:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Hmm. Even though you're leaving, do you mind if I still add you in the story as that? XD

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:16:42 AM
At 9/25/2014 9:53:44 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

No such thing as frying a brain for excessive thinking, now if we put in a pan with some delicious potatoes........it might be a good thing you never know.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 6:01:20 AM
At 9/29/2014 5:16:42 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 9/25/2014 9:53:44 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

No such thing as frying a brain for excessive thinking, now if we put in a pan with some delicious potatoes........it might be a good thing you never know.

*inches away from Linkish and puts on a helmet*
O.o