Jump to topic:

Hi-Bye... forever

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:06:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I checked back on to this site for the first time in three months, to find it is polluted to the core with troll users, troll polls, troll debates, so much f***ing troll. This site has really become a joke, and I don't know why any intellectual would choose to continue using this site. Is this the standard we put forward for people?

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. This is literally sickening filth that needs to be shot from the internet. All the while, instead of enacting change, the moderation continues to let the troll "culture" exist. Well, you know where I'll be.

I hope you're happy with this site, because I've lost all faith (and my account failed to deactivate the first time)
http://www.edeb8.com...
At least there the Administration is responsive and eager to listen. And there isn't a troll debate in sight.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:10:50 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:06:57 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I checked back on to this site for the first time in three months, to find it is polluted to the core with troll users, troll polls, troll debates, so much f***ing troll. This site has really become a joke, and I don't know why any intellectual would choose to continue using this site. Is this the standard we put forward for people?

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. This is literally sickening filth that needs to be shot from the internet. All the while, instead of enacting change, the moderation continues to let the troll "culture" exist. Well, you know where I'll be.

I hope you're happy with this site, because I've lost all faith (and my account failed to deactivate the first time)
At least there the Administration is responsive and eager to listen. And there isn't a troll debate in sight.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:17:23 PM

one little thing Airmax has tried to the stop this mess from happening and he has actually TRIED. The problem is that it grew too big too fast and now when Airmax does something to try to ban or stop someone, nearly 20 or so members gang up on him and call him a war monger. So yeah things have gotten hectic but if you would pay attention the administration has tried its that problem has gotten so big it would take an data atomic bomb to end it all.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:21:22 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:17:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

one little thing Airmax has tried to the stop this mess from happening and he has actually TRIED. The problem is that it grew too big too fast and now when Airmax does something to try to ban or stop someone, nearly 20 or so members gang up on him and call him a war monger. So yeah things have gotten hectic but if you would pay attention the administration has tried its that problem has gotten so big it would take an data atomic bomb to end it all.
Maybe Airmax can't do it alone. I tried to warn him many times just how out of hand this could get. The site once had this charm, but now it is polluted with religious fanaticism, little kids, and there is a 3:4 ratio of troll to serious debates. And the serious debaters are very bad at debating, succumbing to FF's.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
MonetaryOffset
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:21:37 PM

A few questions:

1. Weren't you in the process of being banned for writing someone else's RFD's?

2. If you think the site is so bad, why did you bother to post this thread? If you were ahead of the curve and know before the rest of us that the site is so bad that it warrants a site-wide exodus, why bother to grace us with your presence? I know you like economics, so surely you know of opportunity costs, perhaps the most important of which is *time.*

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the answer to question two is going to be "I want to give you a chance to reform the site so that I would be willing to return." That's fine and dandy, but why attack the site moderation publicly as a means of advancing that end? If you disagree with airmax, why not take it up with him privately? People are more likely to take your suggestions seriously and consider you a credible thinker if you aren't publicly calling them out. Just some food for thought.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:24:57 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:21:37 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:

A few questions:

That isn't relevant or what happened. And no, I wasn't going to be banned.
Funny how people can hear only one side of a story, right.

2. If you think the site is so bad, why did you bother to post this thread? If you were ahead of the curve and know before the rest of us that the site is so bad that it warrants a site-wide exodus, why bother to grace us with your presence? I know you like economics, so surely you know of opportunity costs, perhaps the most important of which is *time.*
I checked to message bsh for her debate on edeb8. I noticed my account was still active and decided to post my thoughts. This site is really bad, and I'm coming as more of a forewarner to just how much worst it's going to be.

And yes, 90% of the people here I would never like and are idiots.It is the 10% who I still hold regret for.

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the answer to question two is going to be "I want to give you a chance to reform the site so that would be willing to return." That's fine and dandy, but why attack the site moderation publicly as a means of advancing that end? If you disagree with airmax, why not take it up with him privately? People are more likely to take your suggestions seriously and consider you a credible thinker if you aren't publicly calling them out. Just some food for thought.
I have, but Airmax himself has pretty much given up on this site.
Change comes with the userbase. Airmax is only as motivated as the people he's moderating.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:25:41 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:21:59 PM, NIGGERCOONBEANERKAFFIR wrote:
Lol at jifpop thinking he's a relevant user here.

^Case in point.
A user making an alternate for the sole purpose of trolling people and acting like a dick.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:27:56 PM
Okay, I'm going to wipe the puke and vomit, and try to reflect on why this site is called debate.org, and not troll.org. If you want to follow up on this conversation, you can message me on edeb8. I'm usually chatting with people there over our "live chat" system anywhere from 12:00 to 5:00.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:29:14 PM
Oh hey Chosen. Yeah... you're right to be honest...
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:30:09 PM

People are more likely to take your suggestions seriously and consider you a credible thinker

LOL, this is jifpop. Person who writes people RFDS, starting a spam group called the revolution, noobsniped his way to 4k elo. The day anyone takes his suggestions seriously is the day edb8 surpasses DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:30:32 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:29:14 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:
What do you mean?
You're to intelligent and formal to debate here.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:32:04 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:30:09 PM, Mikal wrote:

People are more likely to take your suggestions seriously and consider you a credible thinker

LOL, this is jifpop. Person who writes people RFDS, starting a spam group called the revolution, noobsniped his way to 4k elo. The day anyone takes his suggestions seriously is the day edb8 surpasses DDO
I don't even like how this attitude is permitted. This is kept away from the debate area, because edeb8 doesn't support this nasty filth.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:32:41 PM

Join the club. I decided it's not worth my time.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:32:46 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:32:04 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I don't even like how this attitude is permitted. This is kept away from the debate area, because edeb8 doesn't support this nasty filth.

Go write someones RFD for them on their then. No one likes you, go away
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:33:00 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:30:32 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
What do you mean?

Am I? I meant anyway, that you are right in stating how things have declined here.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:33:51 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:32:46 PM, Mikal wrote:

Isn't it late, child?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:35:18 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:33:00 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 9/26/2014 5:30:32 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
What do you mean?

Am I? I meant anyway, that you are right in stating how things have declined here.
I fully acknowledge that edeb8 doesn't have the same membership rate, but it is highly experimental and people take debating very seriously. I think you should try it out. Especially some of the team debates we do. Think of it as more of a debate club.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:36:14 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:33:51 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Isn't it late, child?

Honesty hurts, how many times have you shamed yourself into leaving. The second you got caught doing that you left to try and save your reputation. You are a toxic , worthless, and overall just a detriment to any site you are ever on. Edb8 will be happy to have you.

I advise you to stick to the title of the thread

goodbye forever

Please stop giving us hope that is actually going to happen.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:37:26 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:36:14 PM, Mikal wrote:

Isn't it late, child?

Honesty hurts, how many times have you shamed yourself into leaving. The second you got caught doing that you left to try and save your reputation. You are a toxic , worthless, and overall just a detriment to any site you are ever on. Edb8 will be happy to have you.

goodbye forever

I'm not interested in talking to people who act like children.
This is a good opportunity to talk to my friends I haven't seen in 3 months.
Respect that, and I'll respect you.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:39:14 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:32:41 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Join the club. I decided it's not worth my time.
I would love to debate you on edeb8. Thinking of starting a debating team with my more "unique" debate.org friends.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
MonetaryOffset
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:39:51 PM

I said "more" likely, lol.
~JMK

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:40:15 PM

Isn't it late, child?

goodbye forever

I still have your little rage quit on file.
TUF, and YYW
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:41:00 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:37:26 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Isn't it late, child?

goodbye forever

I'm not interested in talking to people who act like children.
This is a good opportunity to talk to my friends I haven't seen in 3 months.
Respect that, and I'll respect you.

You don't have to respect me, because you have no respect for me or anyone else on here. You lost all respect from most people the second you decided to try to alter a debate by writing a members RFD for them. Add this with the other shenanigans you have did over your history here and the fact you have been banned multiple times for harassing members to no ends, its literally a miracle you are not perma banned. Literally the second you left, i'm quite sure half the people on here said a prayer you would not come back. Even the atheist. I'm being flat honest with you, you entire presence is a disgrace to proper debating and ethics. It's even more funny that you are preaching about it when you are the personification of everything that is wrong with it.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:42:07 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:40:15 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Isn't it late, child?

goodbye forever

Does that even matter. People like both of you are the reason I hate most people on here. Its the epitome of everything that is wrong with DDO. Learn to speak proper English and stop speaking in first person all the time. Yama thinks, no one gives a damn what yama thinks so stop acting like they do.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:42:40 PM
In case mikal hasn't got the picture, I don't give a flying f*ck what he's saying.
I'm going to take this conversation to personal message. Tell me if you want to join.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:43:03 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:42:07 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 9/26/2014 5:40:15 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Isn't it late, child?

goodbye forever

Does that even matter. People like both of you are the reason I hate most people on here. Its the epitome of everything that is wrong with DDO. Learn to speak proper English and stop speaking in first person all the time. Yama thinks, no one gives a damn what yama thinks so stop acting like they do.
Yama loves it when he makes you crack.
TUF, and YYW
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:43:21 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:42:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
In case mikal hasn't got the picture, I don't give a flying f*ck what he's saying.
I'm going to take this conversation to personal message. Tell me if you want to join.

Take it to edb8 like you promised and you have my respect
MonetaryOffset
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 5:43:45 PM
At 9/26/2014 5:24:57 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

That isn't relevant or what happened. And no, I wasn't going to be banned.
Funny how people can hear only one side of a story, right.

I think it is relevant, because you're attempting to call out the site and its moderation when you yourself have been accused of categorically wrong behavior.

It isn't a matter of hearing one side of the story. We could all see Dennybug's comment in real time. Unless Denny is a liar -- and I know he isn't -- then you are. Moreover, Mikal even had a screenshot with timestamps. You're not going to weasel your way out of this.

And yes, 90% of the people here I would never like and are idiots.It is the 10% who I still hold regret for.

Someone else recently said the exact same thing......I wonder who it was...

I have, but Airmax himself has pretty much given up on this site.
Change comes with the userbase. Airmax is only as motivated as the people he's moderating.

I think anyone who has ever talked to airmax knows that this is a grave offense. I know he takes his position extremely seriously and tries his best. You may not agree with everything he has ever said or done -- and I think many of us may disagree with him occasionally -- but that doesn't warrant this irresponsible attack on his character.
~JMK