Jump to topic:

I am leaving fo good.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:32:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have more to do in the real world, I have began open air preaching, makes this site look small. I will remain on here for 20 more minutes from when I post this. Then in 20 minutes I will stop posting and leave.

My final question is this: How much do you know about the Bible and Jesus Christ: A lot, a fair amount, enough, not that much, nothing really at all? Apply that to both how much you know about the Bible and Jesus Christ individually.

(10:32)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:36:26 PM
Or maybe you're leaving because you can't defend your religion. In preaching, you don't have to face counter arguments.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:37:43 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:32:39 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have more to do in the real world, I have began open air preaching, makes this site look small. I will remain on here for 20 more minutes from when I post this. Then in 20 minutes I will stop posting and leave.

My final question is this: How much do you know about the Bible and Jesus Christ: A lot, a fair amount, enough, not that much, nothing really at all? Apply that to both how much you know about the Bible and Jesus Christ individually.

I know a lot. More than most Christians. I used to be one. Farewell and good luck to ya.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:42:31 PM
This is the second Christian I've run off the site, I don't mean to do it, I just expect them to have the courage of their convictions.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:44:19 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:42:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I think I'm the bomb even though my arguments for atheism pale in comparison to other Atheists on this site, and are more like baseless attacks on religion than arguments.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:44:29 PM
This is the second Christian I've run off the site, I don't mean to do it, I just expect them to have the courage of their convictions.

Quit chasing all the religious people away! They offer interesting perspective rather than the same old atheist/agnostic viewpoints all the time.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:44:37 PM
: At 4/5/2010 2:37:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I know a lot. More than most Christians. I used to be one. Farewell and good luck to ya.

Ok, your only 15, I assume you never read Matthew 7:21-23? I thought I was a Christ well up to the age of 18. I'm sure none of this here would bring any effect on you. Since you simply believe you were born again because you said you are a Christian to numours people, that made you one.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:45:29 PM
: At 4/5/2010 2:42:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No, nothing to do with you.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:46:18 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:44:19 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I think I'm the bomb even though my arguments for atheism pale in comparison to other Atheists on this site, and are more like baseless attacks on religion than arguments.

It is quite clear that you are unaware of what atheism is, and have not bothered to read any of my arguments.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:47:07 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:44:29 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Quit chasing all the religious people away! They offer interesting perspective rather than the same old atheist/agnostic viewpoints all the time.

No they don't, that is the problem.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:48:16 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:44:37 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 4/5/2010 2:37:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Ok, your only 15, I assume you never read Matthew 7:21-23? I thought I was a Christ well up to the age of 18. I'm sure none of this here would bring any effect on you. Since you simply believe you were born again because you said you are a Christian to numours people, that made you one.

Please believe me, Christ was the absolute center of my life. I always set the Christian example for my friends. I do know that verse. I would read my bible every day.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:48:19 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:45:29 PM, GodSands wrote:

Well I am adding you to the list anyway.

So why are you going to publically preach a doctrine you don't believe in and can't defend?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:49:42 PM
: At 4/5/2010 2:46:18 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It is quite clear that you are unaware of what atheism is, and have not bothered to read any of my arguments.

Its the disbelief in God, that's it. In short that is it. My life has been changed by Jesus Christ, and I tell you this, I cannot go back. When I sin, I know what I have done, I know my sin. I know what it is, and I don't want to sin.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:52:24 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:49:42 PM, GodSands wrote:

Its the disbelief in God, that's it. In short that is it. My life has been changed by Jesus Christ, and I tell you this, I cannot go back. When I sin, I know what I have done, I know my sin. I know what it is, and I don't want to sin.

That is in reply to I am a panda, his misrepresentation shows that he does not understand what atheism is and does not read my posts.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:52:40 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:48:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Please believe me, Christ was the absolute center of my life. I always set the Christian example for my friends. I do know that verse. I would read my bible every day.

There is no such thing as a former Christian.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:52:49 PM
: At 4/5/2010 2:48:19 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So why are you going to publically preach a doctrine you don't believe in and can't defend?

Because it is what is asked of me to do. Mark 16:15-16.

I don't believe words, but actions. Romans 3:23, "For every man has fallen short of God's Glory."

John 14:6, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me."

I am going now. Bye bye.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:55:05 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:52:49 PM, GodSands wrote:

I don't believe words, but actions. Romans 3:23, "For every man has fallen short of God's Glory."

John 14:6, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me."

I am going now. Bye bye.

So despite being an atheist, you are going to become a Christian preacher? Isn't that a very offensive form of fraud?

Oh well good luck in whatever you try to do.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:55:33 PM

Sin isn't a big deal. At least what you consider to be sin. The greatest sin is not admitting that you are God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:55:53 PM
People are too disrespectful. Instead of either saying bye properly or skipping it, they pretend to be funny.

Goodbye to you from me.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:55:55 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:52:24 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

That is in reply to I am a panda, his misrepresentation shows that he does not understand what atheism is and does not read my posts.

Wait, me or Godsands?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:56:10 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:55:05 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 4/5/2010 2:52:49 PM, GodSands wrote:

I am going now. Bye bye.

So despite being an atheist, you are going to become a Christian preacher? Isn't that a very offensive form of fraud?

Oh well good luck in whatever you try to do.

Erm...I don't think Godsands is atheist, but w/e.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:56:31 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:52:40 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 4/5/2010 2:48:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:

There is no such thing as a former Christian.

That's assuming Christianity is correct. ;)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 2:58:27 PM
At 4/5/2010 2:55:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
People are too disrespectful. Instead of either saying bye properly or skipping it, they pretend to be funny.

Goodbye to you from me.

Respect is increased and decreased by conduct.