Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Warped: A DDO Chronicle Chapter 3 (Revised)

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:46:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: Thanks for the support I'm getting so far! To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be that big of a success, not that I'm complaining. :3 This chapter contains a lot of characters, and some of them didn't sign up. If you didn't sign up here, suck it up (:P), or you can sign up here if you want: http://www.debate.org... Anyway, I've been having a huge explosion of ideas today, so this chapter took longer than I thought, but it was worth it. Hope you enjoy the third chapter of Warped!

Previous Chapter:

Chapter 3: October 1st, 2014

The table in the middle were the only ones making any noise in the whole bar.

Of course, he didn't mean it literally, occasionally catching wisps of murmurings and sighs, but they were certainly the most rambunctious ones, talking loudly, and laughing maniacally, with the occasional slam of a flagon or a crude curse. He, of course, was no exception.

It was one week after they were trapped in this world, and surprisingly, he'd taken a liking to it, more than he would have preferred it to be. Perhaps that was just his inner nerdiness, but it was better than he expected. He remembered the aftermath of the holograph announcement one week ago, once things had started to calm down.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once he and YYW finally escaped the crowd blocking the gates, albeit with some shoving and squirming, he heard a ringtone coming from his right pocket. That didn't sound like his regular phone, but he pulled it out to reveal the display of the name ESocialBookworm on the screen.

YYW started. "Oh, I've almost forgotten about the phones," and pulled out his own.

He'd almost forgotten about her, after only thinking and worrying to death about YYW for the past hour, and quickly tapped the ANSWER button.

"Hey, Annie, what's up?"

"Bsh, where the heck are you? It's been half an hour, and we still can't see you yet."

That sounded off. Was he supposed to meet them somewhere? "Um...I just exited the dome, where are you?"

She sounded a lot angrier than her usual self. "Bsh, what the heck is your problem? I thought Rev told you to meet us at the front of the city!"

Bsh1 raised an eyebrow at the last statement. "You're with Rev?"

"Yes, I'm with this idiot and Endark, but that's not the point! He just said that he sent you ten text messages!"

Oops. He probably didn't notice while searching frantically for YYW. "Oh. Well, I'll start heading over there now with YYW."

"Wait, YYW didn't know either?"

YYW cursed. "Damn, my phone was on silent. No wonder."

ESocial groaned. "Just get your lazy as5es over here NOW!" She hung up.

Bsh immediately checking his text messages, all of which came from under the name RevL8ion.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:15PM): Hey, Bsh. ESocial, Endark, and I are heading over to the city, and we're trying to get all of our friends to rendezvous at the front before everyone else. Could you try to hurry up from the crowd?

RevL8ion (Today, 8:17PM): Uhh, Bsh, I can see the crowd pouring out now, but I don't see any signs of you. Hurry up, man.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:20PM): Bsh, seriously. At least answer. We're halfway there.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:25PM): OMG, Bsh, we're at the City, and we still can't see you. Where are you? We've already met up with Lannan and Budda.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:28PM): You're seriously still not at the dome, are you? Krieg and Yama just came, by the way.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:32PM): Bsh, I'm begging you. Please answer. DDD and Dalton just arrived.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:35PM): Bsh, we've left the front of the city to a nearby hotel called Vanilla Inn. I think it's based on the role Vanilla. At any rate, HURRY UP.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:40PM): Bsh

RevL8ion (Today, 8:41PM): Bsh

RevL8ion (Today, 8:42PM): Bsh plz

Damn, he was holding everyone up, Bsh1 thought. We better hurry up.

He took hold of YYW's hand and they both ran faster, ahead of the crowd they were lagging behind of just earlier. As he sprinted, he typed:

Bsh1 (Today, 8:45PM): Sorry for the late reply. I was looking for YYW, and we're both running ahead of the crowd by now. Did you guys save a room for us? (P.S. Stop saying that...)

Just as he was about to return the phone to his right pocket, a buzz signaled a reply from Rev.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:45PM): It's about time, now hurry up! There's only 100 rooms here, and only a couple are left. There's an NPC that'll check you in as long as you pay 500 Mauru. Mauru's the basic unit of currency in Mafia online, by the way. Anyway, starting players should have 1,000 Mauru already, so you should be fine. Just pick up the pace, I'm at the lobby, and a new group of people just entered. I'm sure you'll be fine with sharing a room with YYW, right?

He decided to wait until he reached the City, which was still far off, but undeniably closer in distance. YYW pulled him ahead, both dashing toward the City with the occasional falter or stumble.

Red spots danced before Bsh1's eyes, with his legs suffering from fatigue due to running non<x>stop, but he refused to stop, not wanting to be forced to sleep on the ground. Apparently, neither did DDO, both relentlessly helping each other forward.

He didn't even know that they reached their destination until YYW pulled back on the back of his shirt, saving him from crashing headlong into the open gates.

Bsh1 couldn't even express his thanks due to panting, but was able to look up around his surroundings, open-mouthed in shock along with the burning desire for oxygen.

The gates appeared to be made of gold, shining prominently in the dim night. Through the gates, there were dozens of buildings, some smaller than an apartment room and others soaring higher than the Empire State Building, all made of various materials. Roads and streets intersected everywhere, but no automobiles or vehicles were to be seen anywhere. He could tell that the city was massive, with dozens of buildings and the center road stretching out to what seemed like infinity.

Snapping back into reality, he remembered to reply to Rev's text, notifying that they have arrived.

Bsh1 (Today, 8:59PM): Hey, we're at the golden gates. Where's the Vanilla Inn?

Immediately there was a reply.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:59PM): Finally! I was wondering why you took so long. Just go down the big center road, then at the second crossroads, turn right and keep running; it's on the right of that street. You better hurry some more, though; I think there's only one more room!

"Damn..." Bsh1 groaned. Normally, he refrained from cursing, but this was pushing the limit. YYW was reading from his phone too, so he could only assume that he was getting texts from someone else.

"C'mon, Bsh1. We only need to run a little bit more."

YYW pulled Bsh1 along, tearing across the road. Bsh1 ran faster, passing the first intersection and swerving to the right on the next one. Red spots enlarged into circles that bored into his vision, then slowly faded away. Was a meal and a place to sleep really worth all of this? His legs seemed to be on fire, then frozen solid, then back again.

"HEY, BSH! YYW! GET OVER HERE!"

He looked ahead to find ESocial jumping up and down in front of the inn. She seemed abnormally energetic today, he thought, but barged through the revolving doors into the lobby...to find the oddest sight before him.
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:51:21 PM
There was a large fight going on in the room, and Bsh1 could pick out his friends throughout the group of visible usernames. Endark had an older man in a chokehold, restraining him from going to the counter, where a pale NPC employee was watching. Rev had somehow forcefully tied up another teen older than he in a waiting chair and proceeded to stomp on his "compass rose", Lannan was punching away at two squealing guys lying on the floor, and Yama was sitting on a large sack, where its contents were suspiciously human-sized and struggling wildly. Meanwhile, a woman standing in the corner was peeking through her fingers that were covering her eyes.

"HEY!" YYW shouted, bringing all bloodthirsty activity to a halt. Endark released the man, whose face was turning blue and promptly collapsed in a heap, Rev ceased his stomping, although the unmanly screams of his unfortunate victim didn't cease with it, Lannan ceased his blows, with his two targets both out cold, and Yama dumped the brown sack of its contents onto the ground, revealing a hyperventilating man.

All four of them grinned sheepishly. Lannan coughed. "Sorry," he mumbled. "They were trying to check in before you guys arrived, and they wanted to pick a fight after we told them to leave."

Bsh1 shook his head. "Isn't this kind of overkill, though? Don't we have to pay for their hospital bills...?"

Rev smiled, ignoring the ongoing shrieks of his opponent. "Nah, we don't. In the City, there are really no rules or laws concerning with others, although the game won't permit us to vandalize or destroy any of the game's buildings, nor will it let us harm NPCs. Watch." With that, he promptly walked over to the woman at the counter, and lightly poked her in the face. The finger passed right through her face, but the NPC blushed red in embarrassment. "She does seem to possess emotions, though..." he mused.

Bsh1 sighed. "That's enough. Even if this is a virtual world, you guys could act more civilized. Anyway, YYW and I should just check in now."

The two of them walked over to the counter, and the women immediately turned to them. "May I help you?" she asked, obviously relieved. Bsh1 noted that she had more human emotions than a regular NPC, and replied, "Yes, I would like to check in a room, please."

The NPC scanned her clipboard. "You're in luck, there seems to be one remaining room. Hope you don't mind sharing," nodding towards YYW.

"Not at all," he breezily returned, clasping Bsh1's hand in his. The receptionist's face tinged red at this small sign of affection, and fished out a key card. "That'll be 500 Maura for the first day, please," she said, holding out her palm.

Bsh1 hesitated, then turned to Rev, slightly uncomfortable in asking him. "Uhh...hey Rev, do you know how to pay money?"

In response, Rev held up his phone. "Your Mafia Online profile should list the amount of money you have. Tap on it, and there should be a WITHDRAW option."

He proceeded to do so, and when inquired the amount, he typed in the number 500. Instantly, five gold coins dropped into his outstretched palm, and he handed them to the NPC woman. She accepted the coins, and held out the key card. "Enjoy your stay!"

Bsh1 accepted it, and turned back to look at the chaotic scene. He turned to the woman, who was still cowering in the corner. "You know, you can leave now. We're not going to hurt you." He then looked at his friends, and sighed. "Would you at least dump them outside the lobby?"

Endark dragged his unconscious foe by the legs, making sure that his faced bumped over the threshold outside. Rev took out a knife (which he later claimed to have bought), to the increased squealing of his victim, cut the ropes, and kicked him, forcing him to painfully hobble to the exit. Lannan threw each of his opponents out the door, and Yama put the man back in the bag and rolled him across.

Bsh1 sighed again. "Thanks," although for saving him and YYW a room or this merciful act, he wasn't too sure. YYW smiled tiredly, grateful for a place to sleep for the night. They both wearily headed towards the elevator, their key card notifying them that their room was on the second floor. Before the door closed, Rev shouted, "Hey, Bsh!"

He looked up, tiredly. "What?"

The boy's face split into a wicked grin. "Keep it in your pants!"

Before Bsh1 could exit the elevator and pummel Rev, the door sealed shut, and the elevator ascended.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That had certainly been an interesting day, he thought. He had quickly settled in to the everyday life of Mafia Online after the first day, enjoying what the world had to offer. However, as time passed, he dreaded to think of the death Mafia game, which was nearing day by day.

Bsh1's face hardened, remembering the one-week limit between each Mafia game. No one had registered yet, which wasn't too surprising, since he also wished that he could forget about the death Mafia tournament. Sure, he was notably intelligent, with a good deal of experience back in DDO, occasionally hosting some beginner games himself. His brows furrowed at the thought of watching people die in the tournament; especially not his boyfriend...

"Hey, Bsh1." He snapped out of his brooding, abruptly turning his head beside him to find his friend, lover, and knight in shining armor--YYW. His eyes were full of concern, most likely wondering why he wasn't enjoying himself. After all, he'd gotten over the initial shock on the first day considerably quickly, not particularly devastated or in despair. "Are you okay?"

Bsh1 assumed that he had a grim look on his face, and visibly relaxed, sighing. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about the others...and you."

"The tournament. It's in about four hours," YYW nodded, glancing at the watch he'd bought a few days ago.

"YYW, how...just how are we going to make it out of this world? How are we going to fight our friends? How are we--" he sighed again, taking a sip of frothy beer from his tankard, taking some comfort in the taste.

YYW gave him a small smile. "Hey, it'll be alright. We'll work it out. Besides, that won't happen until several more months, so let's not worry about it now."

Before he could respond, he heard ESocial's voice call out to him. "Hey, Bsh, aren't you 19? You're underage for drinking, remember?"

Annoyed, he turned towards her several seats to YYW's right. "Annie, this is a virtual world. It's not like I'm going to get drunk in real life because I drink some alcohol here. Besides, you have some too," he added, pointing at her own tankard. "Whatever happened to the sweet, innocent ESocial that we all knew?"

She stuck her tongue out at him. "I have a dark side." Endark, sitting next to her, taking a swig of beer as well, let out a content sigh. Bsh1 didn't particularly like beer, either, but this bar's was delicious, minus the hangover, which he was grateful for.

Rev fidgeted in his chair on the other side of ESocial, eying the large bottle that contained the beer that he longed to try. While ESocial was talking to Endark, he immediately swiped at the bottle, grabbing hold of the closed bottle and almost unscrewing the cap before the telltale palm of ESocial slapped the back of his head, causing him to drop the bottle back onto the table.

"Rev, what the hell do you think you're doing?" she demanded.

One of his eyes twitched noticeably. "I'm thirsty. I wanted to try some, too..." he complained, voice ever so slightly slurred.

"What does that mean? You had four jugs of root--" she faltered as she saw three bottles of the mentioned nectar drained of its contents, with Rev downing the last one in a single gulp. How he was so skinny, Bsh1 didn't know.

"Can I get some now?" he asked hopefully.

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:55:35 PM
ESocial huffed. "You're too young." As he protested, she argued, "Rev, you're thirteen! You're eight years younger than you're supposed to be for drinking! At least everyone else here's eighteen or older--"

Rev chose that moment to say, "But I thought you were seventeen, didn't you say that you lied about your age in DDO?" A vein seemed to pop in ESocial's forehead. Another well-placed knock on his head silenced him except for mutterings of surprisingly creative words for one his age and the rubbing of a growing welt.

Bsh1 tried not to laugh, almost choking on his beer. Situations like this were quite common over the last few days, with ESocial having taken over the role of Rev's responsible (he claimed abusive) older sister.

Yama shrugged. "I don't know what it is about you people and beer, but I'm just going to be sippin' my tea," and proceeded to do so.

Lannan, who happened to be sitting next to him, guzzled the remainder of his drink, leaving a bit of froth on his chin. "You know, Yama, you should try it. I wasn't too sure at first, either, but it tastes like heaven; surprisingly sweet, with just a hint of earthiness--"

"That's what she said," Krieg muttered.

He scowled at the impudent bearded troll next to him. "Krieg, I will rip off that bushy monstrosity off your chin if you don't shut up."

Budda wasn't paying too much attention. "Hey, guys, keep quiet! Thursday Night Football's on."

DDD scowled, snatching the remote up and turning it off. "Hey, what was that for?" Budda complained.

"I detest American football," he replied, sniffing in disdain.

Wylted, meanwhile, was staring oddly at ESocial. She glanced at him awkwardly. "Uhh...Wylted, are you okay?"

Wylted didn't seem to be paying much attention to what she was saying, lost in his own perverted thoughts. Endark immediately narrowed his eyes at him. "Why are you staring at Annie like that...?"

"Thinking of the hot, passionate love we could be making right now," he replied, not really thinking of the current situation.

WHAM! A fist sent Wylted and his chair flying backwards, blood spraying from his nose. He immediately got up, roaring with pain and anger. "What the hell did you just do, you brat?"

Everyone in the pub turned, somber expressions turning into great interest. Endark rose from his chair as well. "Exactly what you think I did, you perverted bastard!"

They simultaneously grabbed the collars of each other's shirts, growling with anger. Lannan immediately intervened, pulling the two apart. "Sit down, both of you," he sighed, and roughly shoved them back down to their seats, still glaring at each other.

Bsh1 finished his drink, and rose. "Well, I better go home now and look at the Mafia match lineups soon. Thanks for the drink, everyone."

They all murmured grave agreement, and rose as well.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The electronic board showed Bsh1 in Game #174 of the 200 games. Thankfully, none of his friends were in the game. He shuddered to think of having to kill them. The timer above read 10:00 before the game, ticking closer second by second. The crowd surrounding the board were silent as death, with none of them having registered, wanting to last in this world, as cruel as it could be, as long as possible before their deaths.

There were no names that he really knew of in his game, the other twenty-four players most likely unknown in DDO. They might not even know how to play the game. Regardless, Bsh1 was nervous. What if he didn't make it out alive?

A hand grasped his own, and he turned to find YYW at his shoulder. "It'll be fine..." he whispered. "You're not alone."

Bsh1 gazed at his friends behind him, all staring grimly into the massive screen that spelled death for possibly everyone. His heart plummeted as he realized this could be the last time he would see them again. This could be the last time he will see YYW.

He stared despairingly at YYW, only to be met with a cocky grin. "We'll all be fine," he reassured. "We're all intelligent. We possess cunning that anyone would envy. More importantly, we'll survive...because we have the will to do so."

5:00. Bsh1 leaned his head against YYW's shoulder, sighing peacefully. He took one last glance at his friends---ESocial clasping Endark's hand, Lannan smiling bravely, Yama taking one last sip of his tea, Krieg rubbing his beard, DDD combing his red hair with his fingers, Wylted giving one last smirk at everyone, and Rev, who simply stared at the board, a hardness in his eyes. Bsh1 smiled, and turned back to the timer, which now read 4:00.

They all stood in silence, savoring what could be their last moments on any world. 3:00.

Bsh1 lightly squeezed YYW's hand, and he smiled and gave him an encouraging nod. 2:00.

At last, he closed his eyes, knowing he would return to this world soon...and to the real world, someday, with YYW. 1:00.

He took one last inhale of the refreshing air. It smelled sweet. 0:30.

The warmth of YYW's hand. The comfort of his shoulder. 0:15.

He would return to it. 0:10.

He would return. 0:05.

A final sigh escaped his lips. 0:04.

Silence. 0:03.

Stillness. 0:02.

Nothing. 0:01.

Suddenly, a hysterical scream cut through the fragile air, desperate to live. His eyes shot open in time to see a glowing circle to envelope him, and the world slipped away. The final image he saw was the glowing numbers of 0:00.

Then it was gone.

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:56:55 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:54:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Now I'm drinking beer and getting in fights XD

This Endark is such an imposter.

LMAO, you wouldn't get in a fight with Wylted if he started to act like that towards ESocial? XD

Let's just say it was good beer. I must admit though, I did a good job of describing myself. ;3 XD

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:57:34 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:56:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oops. There was more.

-_________________________________-

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:57:47 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:56:55 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

LMAO, you wouldn't get in a fight with Wylted if he started to act like that towards ESocial? XD

I'd probably destroy him verbally. Or manipulate someone else into attacking him. XD

Let's just say it was good beer. I must admit though, I did a good job of describing myself. ;3 XD
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:59:21 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:57:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I'd probably destroy him verbally. Or manipulate someone else into attacking him. XD

Wylted is impossible to destroy verbally, and if you tried, he'd probably destroy your mind with his moral depravity. You could call in a Lannan to take care of him, though. :3

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:01:27 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:51:21 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

"HEY!" YYW shouted, bringing all bloodthirsty activity to a halt. Endark released the man, whose face was turning blue and promptly collapsed in a heap, Rev ceased his stomping, although the unmanly screams of his unfortunate victim didn't cease with it, Lannan ceased his blows, with his two targets both out cold, and Yama dumped the brown sack of its contents onto the ground, revealing a hyperventilating man.

XD Rev thinks he's a bada$$. These guys are probably going to show up and be a pain later.

All four of them grinned sheepishly. Lannan coughed. "Sorry," he mumbled. "They were trying to check in before you guys arrived, and they wanted to pick a fight after we told them to leave."

Bsh1 shook his head. "Isn't this kind of overkill, though? Don't we have to pay for their hospital bills...?"

Rev smiled, ignoring the ongoing shrieks of his opponent. "Nah, we don't. In the City, there are really no rules or laws concerning with others, although the game won't permit us to vandalize or destroy any of the game's buildings, nor will it let us harm NPCs. Watch." With that, he promptly walked over to the woman at the counter, and lightly poked her in the face. The finger passed right through her face, but the NPC blushed red in embarrassment. "She does seem to possess emotions, though..." he mused.

Hmm...so we could just kill all our contestants before the game?

Bsh1 sighed. "That's enough. Even if this is a virtual world, you guys could act more civilized. Anyway, YYW and I should just check in now."

The two of them walked over to the counter, and the women immediately turned to them. "May I help you?" she asked, obviously relieved. Bsh1 noted that she had more human emotions than a regular NPC, and replied, "Yes, I would like to check in a room, please."

The NPC scanned her clipboard. "You're in luck, there seems to be one remaining room. Hope you don't mind sharing," nodding towards YYW.

"Not at all," he breezily returned, clasping Bsh1's hand in his. The receptionist's face tinged red at this small sign of affection, and fished out a key card. "That'll be 500 Maura for the first day, please," she said, holding out her palm.

Awwwww.

Bsh1 hesitated, then turned to Rev, slightly uncomfortable in asking him. "Uhh...hey Rev, do you know how to pay money?"

In response, Rev held up his phone. "Your Mafia Online profile should list the amount of money you have. Tap on it, and there should be a WITHDRAW option."

He proceeded to do so, and when inquired the amount, he typed in the number 500. Instantly, five gold coins dropped into his outstretched palm, and he handed them to the NPC woman. She accepted the coins, and held out the key card. "Enjoy your stay!"

Bsh1 accepted it, and turned back to look at the chaotic scene. He turned to the woman, who was still cowering in the corner. "You know, you can leave now. We're not going to hurt you." He then looked at his friends, and sighed. "Would you at least dump them outside the lobby?"

Endark dragged his unconscious foe by the legs, making sure that his faced bumped over the threshold outside. Rev took out a knife (which he later claimed to have bought), to the increased squealing of his victim, cut the ropes, and kicked him, forcing him to painfully hobble to the exit. Lannan threw each of his opponents out the door, and Yama put the man back in the bag and rolled him across.

Rev still thinks he's a bada$$ XD

Bsh1 sighed again. "Thanks," although for saving him and YYW a room or this merciful act, he wasn't too sure. YYW smiled tiredly, grateful for a place to sleep for the night. They both wearily headed towards the elevator, their key card notifying them that their room was on the second floor. Before the door closed, Rev shouted, "Hey, Bsh!"

Hahahaha great.

Before Bsh1 could exit the elevator and pummel Rev, the door sealed shut, and the elevator ascended.

That had certainly been an interesting day, he thought. He had quickly settled in to the everyday life of Mafia Online after the first day, enjoying what the world had to offer. However, as time passed, he dreaded to think of the death Mafia game, which was nearing day by day.

Bsh1's face hardened, remembering the one-week limit between each Mafia game. No one had registered yet, which wasn't too surprising, since he also wished that he could forget about the death Mafia tournament. Sure, he was notably intelligent, with a good deal of experience back in DDO, occasionally hosting some beginner games himself. His brows furrowed at the thought of watching people die in the tournament; especially not his boyfriend...

"Hey, Bsh1." He snapped out of his brooding, abruptly turning his head beside him to find his friend, lover, and knight in shining armor--YYW. His eyes were full of concern, most likely wondering why he wasn't enjoying himself. After all, he'd gotten over the initial shock on the first day considerably quickly, not particularly devastated or in despair. "Are you okay?"

Bsh1 assumed that he had a grim look on his face, and visibly relaxed, sighing. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about the others...and you."

"The tournament. It's in about four hours," YYW nodded, glancing at the watch he'd bought a few days ago.

"YYW, how...just how are we going to make it out of this world? How are we going to fight our friends? How are we--" he sighed again, taking a sip of frothy beer from his tankard, taking some comfort in the taste.

YYW gave him a small smile. "Hey, it'll be alright. We'll work it out. Besides, that won't happen until several more months, so let's not worry about it now."

Before he could respond, he heard ESocial's voice call out to him. "Hey, Bsh, aren't you 19? You're underage for drinking, remember?"

Annoyed, he turned towards her several seats to YYW's right. "Annie, this is a virtual world. It's not like I'm going to get drunk in real life because I drink some alcohol here. Besides, you have some too," he added, pointing at her own tankard. "Whatever happened to the sweet, innocent ESocial that we all knew?"

She stuck her tongue out at him. "I have a dark side." Endark, sitting next to her, taking a swig of beer as well, let out a content sigh. Bsh1 didn't particularly like beer, either, but this bar's was delicious, minus the hangover, which he was grateful for.

IMPOSTER
(Just cause I actually detest alcohol and drugs).

Rev fidgeted in his chair on the other side of ESocial, eying the large bottle that contained the beer that he longed to try. While ESocial was talking to Endark, he immediately swiped at the bottle, grabbing hold of the closed bottle and almost unscrewing the cap before the telltale palm of ESocial slapped the back of his head, causing him to drop the bottle back onto the table.

One of his eyes twitched noticeably. "I'm thirsty. I wanted to try some, too..." he complained, voice ever so slightly slurred.

"What does that mean? You had four jugs of root--" she faltered as she saw three bottles of the mentioned nectar drained of its contents, with Rev downing the last one in a single gulp. How he was so skinny, Bsh1 didn'
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:04:17 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:55:35 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
ESocial huffed. "You're too young." As he protested, she argued, "Rev, you're thirteen! You're eight years younger than you're supposed to be for drinking! At least everyone else here's eighteen or older--"

You go, Annie!

Rev chose that moment to say, "But I thought you were seventeen, didn't you say that you lied about your age in DDO?" A vein seemed to pop in ESocial's forehead. Another well-placed knock on his head silenced him except for mutterings of surprisingly creative words for one his age and the rubbing of a growing welt.

Bsh1 tried not to laugh, almost choking on his beer. Situations like this were quite common over the last few days, with ESocial having taken over the role of Rev's responsible (he claimed abusive) older sister.

XD

Yama shrugged. "I don't know what it is about you people and beer, but I'm just going to be sippin' my tea," and proceeded to do so.

Yup. That's Yama.

Lannan, who happened to be sitting next to him, guzzled the remainder of his drink, leaving a bit of froth on his chin. "You know, Yama, you should try it. I wasn't too sure at first, either, but it tastes like heaven; surprisingly sweet, with just a hint of earthiness--"

"That's what she said," Krieg muttered.

He scowled at the impudent bearded troll next to him. "Krieg, I will rip off that bushy monstrosity off your chin if you don't shut up."

Budda wasn't paying too much attention. "Hey, guys, keep quiet! Thursday Night Football's on."

DDD scowled, snatching the remote up and turning it off. "Hey, what was that for?" Budda complained.

"I detest American football," he replied, sniffing in disdain.

*zing*

Wylted, meanwhile, was staring oddly at ESocial. She glanced at him awkwardly. "Uhh...Wylted, are you okay?"

Wylted didn't seem to be paying much attention to what she was saying, lost in his own perverted thoughts. Endark immediately narrowed his eyes at him. "Why are you staring at Annie like that...?"

Oh my god. This is actually a plot point. No. No. This is not okay. No.

"Thinking of the hot, passionate love we could be making right now," he replied, not really thinking of the current situation.

Not okay.

WHAM! A fist sent Wylted and his chair flying backwards, blood spraying from his nose. He immediately got up, roaring with pain and anger. "What the hell did you just do, you brat?"

Everyone in the pub turned, somber expressions turning into great interest. Endark rose from his chair as well. "Exactly what you think I did, you perverted bastard!"

I admire this Endark. I rely more on my wits, intellect, and manipulation skills, since I'm not really talented physically :-)

They simultaneously grabbed the collars of each other's shirts, growling with anger. Lannan immediately intervened, pulling the two apart. "Sit down, both of you," he sighed, and roughly shoved them back down to their seats, still glaring at each other.

Bsh1 finished his drink, and rose. "Well, I better go home now and look at the Mafia match lineups soon. Thanks for the drink, everyone."

LET THE 74th HUNGER GAMES BEGIN

The electronic board showed Bsh1 in Game #174 of the 200 games. Thankfully, none of his friends were in the game. He shuddered to think of having to kill them. The timer above read 10:00 before the game, ticking closer second by second. The crowd surrounding the board were silent as death, with none of them having registered, wanting to last in this world, as cruel as it could be, as long as possible before their deaths.

There were no names that he really knew of in his game, the other twenty-four players most likely unknown in DDO. They might not even know how to play the game. Regardless, Bsh1 was nervous. What if he didn't make it out alive?

A hand grasped his own, and he turned to find YYW at his shoulder. "It'll be fine..." he whispered. "You're not alone."

Bsh1 gazed at his friends behind him, all staring grimly into the massive screen that spelled death for possibly everyone. His heart plummeted as he realized this could be the last time he would see them again. This could be the last time he will see YYW.

He stared despairingly at YYW, only to be met with a cocky grin. "We'll all be fine," he reassured. "We're all intelligent. We possess cunning that anyone would envy. More importantly, we'll survive...because we have the will to do so."

5:00. Bsh1 leaned his head against YYW's shoulder, sighing peacefully. He took one last glance at his friends---ESocial clasping Endark's hand, Lannan smiling bravely, Yama taking one last sip of his tea, Krieg rubbing his beard, DDD combing his red hair with his fingers, Wylted giving one last smirk at everyone, and Rev, who simply stared at the board, a hardness in his eyes. Bsh1 smiled, and turned back to the timer, which now read 4:00.

They all stood in silence, savoring what could be their last moments on any world. 3:00.

Bsh1 lightly squeezed YYW's hand, and he smiled and gave him an encouraging nod. 2:00.

At last, he closed his eyes, knowing he would return to this world soon...and to the real world, someday, with YYW. 1:00.

Suddenly, a hysterical scream cut through the fragile air, desperate to live. His eyes shot open in time to see a glowing circle to envelope him, and the world slipped away. The final image he saw was the glowing numbers of 0:00.

Then it was gone.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:06:48 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:01:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

XD Rev thinks he's a bada$$. These guys are probably going to show up and be a pain later.

Actually, I'm planning on putting them in my first Mafia game. :P Pretty much everyone in the story's a more bada5s version of themselves in RL. XD

Hmm...so we could just kill all our contestants before the game?

Yeah...pretty much. Don't forget that DDO's full of nerds, not thugs, though. I'm sure they'll prefer a nice game of Mafia. :P

Awwwww.

Rev still thinks he's a bada$$ XD

Problem? :3 Why, should I make you more bada5s too? LMAO

Hahahaha great.

IMPOSTER
(Just cause I actually detest alcohol and drugs).

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:10:39 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:04:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:55:35 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Oh my god. This is actually a plot point. No. No. This is not okay. No.

LMAO. I wonder how Wylted will respond to this.

Not okay.

XD

I admire this Endark. I rely more on my wits, intellect, and manipulation skills, since I'm not really talented physically :-)

P Don't worry, I'll retain your personality throughout the story in your POV, just a more bada5s version of you. XD

LET THE 74th HUNGER GAMES BEGIN

So does that make me Seneca Crane? Krieg must be jealous of my sexy beard. :3

Then it was gone.

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:12:01 PM
Crap, I forgot to add an author's note. OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT. XD

Anyway, it's past midnight here, so I'm going to sleep. I'll deal with the hate comments tomorrow. :P

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:13:03 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:12:01 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

Anyway, it's past midnight here, so I'm going to sleep. I'll deal with the hate comments tomorrow. :P

Your story sucks. Mine is better.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:13:20 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:11:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This could end up having some great climaxes. I can tell.

Whatever it is, it's going to be (hopefully) surprising.

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:14:37 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:13:03 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

T________________________________________________________________T
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I know. :3

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:15:36 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:14:37 PM, RevL8ion wrote:

T________________________________________________________________T
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

XD
I like you, Rev.
Maybe I won't kill you off right away.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:17:12 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:15:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

XD
I like you, Rev.

D: D: D:
Why not kill Wylted first...T-T

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:18:38 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:17:12 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
At 9/28/2014 11:15:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

XD
I like you, Rev.

D: D: D:
Why not kill Wylted first...T-T

Cause Wylted isn't in OUAD.
I meant OUAD. I have no control over Warped.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:48:46 PM
I can't believe you actually used the troll bit, that was hilarious.

And about me being jealous of a beard... No. Just No. My beard is Majestic as fu*k, it is like a lions mane, it can't be tamed. :)
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:00:36 AM
The latter surprised me- I can't see you getting into a fight. You're too handsome.

It seems ESocial is also an imposter. I am Muslim- I don't and never will drink. :-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:06:19 AM
At 9/28/2014 10:57:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

You're soo cute. Lol. *kisses you*

Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:06:52 AM
At 9/28/2014 11:11:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This could end up having some great climaxes. I can tell.

*Remembers all the couple in it so far and me apparently going to be pregnant*

Oh yes, there most definitely will be.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:07:00 AM

Endark!

I think his is really good, almost at par with yours actually.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:10:21 AM
At 9/28/2014 10:46:49 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
A/N: Thanks for the support I'm getting so far! To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be that big of a success, not that I'm complaining. :3 This chapter contains a lot of characters, and some of them didn't sign up. If you didn't sign up here, suck it up (:P), or you can sign up here if you want: http://www.debate.org... Anyway, I've been having a huge explosion of ideas today, so this chapter took longer than I thought, but it was worth it. Hope you enjoy the third chapter of Warped!

Previous Chapter:

Chapter 3: October 1st, 2014

The table in the middle were the only ones making any noise in the whole bar.

Of course, he didn't mean it literally, occasionally catching wisps of murmurings and sighs, but they were certainly the most rambunctious ones, talking loudly, and laughing maniacally, with the occasional slam of a flagon or a crude curse. He, of course, was no exception.

It was one week after they were trapped in this world, and surprisingly, he'd taken a liking to it, more than he would have preferred it to be. Perhaps that was just his inner nerdiness, but it was better than he expected. He remembered the aftermath of the holograph announcement one week ago, once things had started to calm down.

LOL
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once he and YYW finally escaped the crowd blocking the gates, albeit with some shoving and squirming, he heard a ringtone coming from his right pocket. That didn't sound like his regular phone, but he pulled it out to reveal the display of the name ESocialBookworm on the screen.

YYW started. "Oh, I've almost forgotten about the phones," and pulled out his own.

He'd almost forgotten about her, after only thinking and worrying to death about YYW for the past hour, and quickly tapped the ANSWER button.
Of course he did. smh

"Hey, Annie, what's up?"
How calm in such a terrible situation. He thinks he's getting Vitamin D [or should I say Y?] later...

"Bsh, where the heck are you? It's been half an hour, and we still can't see you yet."

That sounded off. Was he supposed to meet them somewhere? "Um...I just exited the dome, where are you?"

She sounded a lot angrier than her usual self. "Bsh, what the heck is your problem? I thought Rev told you to meet us at the front of the city!"
LOL.

Bsh1 raised an eyebrow at the last statement. "You're with Rev?"
Hmm... Is that dislike I sense?

"Yes, I'm with this idiot and Endark, but that's not the point! He just said that he sent you ten text messages!"
I'm mean. Lol. I love it.

Oops. He probably didn't notice while searching frantically for YYW. "Oh. Well, I'll start heading over there now with YYW."

"Wait, YYW didn't know either?"

YYW cursed. "Damn, my phone was on silent. No wonder."

ESocial groaned. "Just get your lazy as5es over here NOW!" She hung up.
LOL.

Bsh immediately checking his text messages, all of which came from under the name RevL8ion.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:15PM): Hey, Bsh. ESocial, Endark, and I are heading over to the city, and we're trying to get all of our friends to rendezvous at the front before everyone else. Could you try to hurry up from the crowd?

RevL8ion (Today, 8:17PM): Uhh, Bsh, I can see the crowd pouring out now, but I don't see any signs of you. Hurry up, man.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:20PM): Bsh, seriously. At least answer. We're halfway there.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:25PM): OMG, Bsh, we're at the City, and we still can't see you. Where are you? We've already met up with Lannan and Budda.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:28PM): You're seriously still not at the dome, are you? Krieg and Yama just came, by the way.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:32PM): Bsh, I'm begging you. Please answer. DDD and Dalton just arrived.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:35PM): Bsh, we've left the front of the city to a nearby hotel called Vanilla Inn. I think it's based on the role Vanilla. At any rate, HURRY UP.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:40PM): Bsh

RevL8ion (Today, 8:41PM): Bsh

RevL8ion (Today, 8:42PM): Bsh plz

Damn, he was holding everyone up, Bsh1 thought. We better hurry up.

He took hold of YYW's hand and they both ran faster, ahead of the crowd they were lagging behind of just earlier. As he sprinted, he typed:
AWWW.

Bsh1 (Today, 8:45PM): Sorry for the late reply. I was looking for YYW, and we're both running ahead of the crowd by now. Did you guys save a room for us? (P.S. Stop saying that...)

Just as he was about to return the phone to his right pocket, a buzz signaled a reply from Rev.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:45PM): It's about time, now hurry up! There's only 100 rooms here, and only a couple are left. There's an NPC that'll check you in as long as you pay 500 Mauru. Mauru's the basic unit of currency in Mafia online, by the way. Anyway, starting players should have 1,000 Mauru already, so you should be fine. Just pick up the pace, I'm at the lobby, and a new group of people just entered. I'm sure you'll be fine with sharing a room with YYW, right?

He decided to wait until he reached the City, which was still far off, but undeniably closer in distance. YYW pulled him ahead, both dashing toward the City with the occasional falter or stumble.

Red spots danced before Bsh1's eyes, with his legs suffering from fatigue due to running non<x>stop, but he refused to stop, not wanting to be forced to sleep on the ground. Apparently, neither did DDO, both relentlessly helping each other forward.

He didn't even know that they reached their destination until YYW pulled back on the back of his shirt, saving him from crashing headlong into the open gates.

Bsh1 couldn't even express his thanks due to panting, but was able to look up around his surroundings, open-mouthed in shock along with the burning desire for oxygen.
Soon when they get in the room, he definitely will be.

The gates appeared to be made of gold, shining prominently in the dim night. Through the gates, there were dozens of buildings, some smaller than an apartment room and others soaring higher than the Empire State Building, all made of various materials. Roads and streets intersected everywhere, but no automobiles or vehicles were to be seen anywhere. He could tell that the city was massive, with dozens of buildings and the center road stretching out to what seemed like infinity.

Snapping back into reality, he remembered to reply to Rev's text, notifying that they have arrived.

Bsh1 (Today, 8:59PM): Hey, we're at the golden gates. Where's the Vanilla Inn?

Immediately there was a reply.

RevL8ion (Today, 8:59PM): Finally! I was wondering why you took so long. Just go down the big center road, then at the second crossroads, turn right and keep running; it's on the right of that street. You better hurry some more, though; I think there's only one more room!

"Damn..." Bsh1 groaned. Normally, he refrained from cursing, but this was pushing the limit. YYW was reading from his phone too, so he could only assume that he was getting texts from someone else.

"C'mon, Bsh1. We only need to run a little bit more."

YYW pulled Bsh1 along, tearing across the road. Bsh1 ran faster, passing the first intersection and swerving to the right on the next one. Red spots enlarged into circles that bored into his vision, then slowly faded away. Was a meal and a place to sleep really worth all of this? His legs seemed to be on fire, then frozen solid, then back again.

"HEY, BSH! YYW! GET OVER HERE!"

He looked ahead to find ESocial jumping up and down in front of the inn. She seemed abnormally energetic today, he though
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:14:45 AM
Endark had an older man in a chokehold, restraining him from going to the counter, where a pale NPC employee was watching. Rev had somehow forcefully tied up another teen older than he in a waiting chair and proceeded to stomp on his "compass rose", Lannan was punching away at two squealing guys lying on the floor, and Yama was sitting on a large sack, where its contents were suspiciously human-sized and struggling wildly.

DAMN
"HEY!" YYW shouted, bringing all bloodthirsty activity to a halt.
Yes daddy?

LOL. So bsh.

LOL Rev, bsh is gun deal with u good. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AWW.

I do have a dark side but I will *never* drink.

"What does that mean? You had four jugs of root--" she faltered as she saw three bottles of the mentioned nectar drained of its contents, with Rev downing the last one in a single gulp. How he was so skinny, Bsh1 didn
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 5:18:25 AM
At 9/28/2014 10:57:34 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:56:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oops. There was more.

-_________________________________-

By the way do you mind messaging me a link to these for every new one? I like them so far :)
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me