Jump to topic:

The Call-Out Thread

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:19:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
With all the drama going around on DDO, I decided it was time for a call-out thread.

=However=, this time with a twist. We're going to churn this negative energy into something good.

=What you're going to do=
-Choose any five people, even someone you don't like, if you wish, or just someone you think is interesting- ANY five people
-State at least one thing about them that you think are noteworthy, respectable or admirable.

=My five, in no particular order=
[This is *not* my favourite members list.]

- GCL [http://www.debate.org...]
Renowned for her inspiring, enthusiam-for-goodness, benevolence, kindness and helpfulness, Marie is *literally* a God-send. Her angelic presence does wonders for the soul, uplifting your spirit, no matter how down you are. Ever ready is she always to lend a hand to help, shoulder to cry own, or a word of advice. She's a great friend and person, someone everyone should aspire to be similar to, or look up to.

- Eddie [http://www.debate.org...]
As the DDO Prez, Eddie has done a lot for the site. Sure, he hasn't voted on *every single debate.* (For those of you who has made this point- He *does* have a life, you know? Even if he is the Prez.)
Eddie is our resident medic- willing to provide advice, and like a doctor, he's there to help ease people out of being sick, and in bad spirits. (Most of the time anyways. xD)
Plus, he's a fun drunk.

- Brian [http://www.debate.org...]
As the VP, bsh has devoted a lot of time and effort into this site. Not only is he an avid, excellent debater, but also, he's started a lot of tournaments, to help boost awareness of the site, and intrigue new members into staying. Also, he hosts the Mafia University.
Much like a father, he looks to the new generations of users, to knit-pick ways he can interest them in staying and make DDO as comfortable of a place for them as possible.
Moreover, he's a great friend and member. He has a great shoulder, is trustworthy and an amazing person.

- YYW [http://www.debate.org...]
'If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.' For some reason, this quote struck me when writing this. YYW is a brave member who isn't afraid of speaking his mind. That said, he's one of the most respected members on this site.

But what a lot of people don't know is that- he's a big teddy bear. He's super [over]-protective (that is extremely adorable) and kind. He's helped make my stay on DDO all the more better and he's a great listener, and one to give advice.

[Plug: BYOURS FOREVER BISHES]

- Ennie [http://www.debate.org...]
Sweet as sugar, handsome as Johnny Depp. What more could you ask for? How about great smile. Fantastic writer. Great friend. Supportive. Loving. Caring. Amazing. I could go on and on but none of my words can ever compare to the awesome, unique intricacy that is my Endark.

-JMK [http://www.debate.org...] or [http://www.debate.org...]
Known for his less-than-subtle flirting with Endark, JMK is a good friend of mine. For some reason, he's unbeaten on DDO, and have plans to debate Ragnar, which should be exciting.
He's a great critical thinker and a cool person to be around.

-Blade [http://www.debate.org...]
Addison is very intuitive. While his idea of SCOD was met with laughter, disapproval and pessimism, BoT has had it running for a good few months now- functioning fantastically, and effectively. He is a great example of patience leading to perseverance.
While I don't agree with all his opinions, he's a cool person. And can break-dance #Like-a-boss.

- XLAV [http://www.debate.org...]
XLAV reminds me of a story about a deaf frog pushing himself to the limit and surviving drowning in a tub of milk, while his fellow froggers were discouraging him, and he couldn't hear.'
Times a-many mafia players have gotten down on XLAV, but he's actually a good player. He just needs to convey his analysis better. :-)
He has an aweeesome voice.

- Rev [http://www.debate.org...]
Dude can write almost as perfectly imperfect as my Ennie.

- Wylted [http://www.debate.org...]
For his devil advocate debates, he's very creative and intelligent. He's a pretty awesome person himself. #awesome-beard-club #where-is-Pots

- 9space [http://www.debate.org...]
For his hilarious debates
For staying on DDO, when others tried to put him down/

- Dairy [http://www.debate.org...]
Keep trying!
#doesn't-know-if-trolling-or-not

- Ajab[i] [[http://www.debate.org...]
Sharif has cool ideas. Fun person to be around. Honest. Kind. Protective.

If it wasn't obvious, I got tired about halfway through.
Your turn!

*more to add later, maybe*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:22:18 PM
Oh... umm... #idiot

More than five. Lol. >.< XD
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:23:01 PM
Hey y'all, contribute.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:45:49 PM
This was a good idea. I'm super flattered too--thanks, Esocial.

I'll contribute tomorrow; I want to consider what I want to say about various users.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:51:49 PM
At 9/29/2014 9:45:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
^.^
We need some good vibes here. :-)

I'll contribute tomorrow; I want to consider what I want to say about various users.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 9:54:38 PM
At 9/29/2014 9:45:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:17:46 PM
=Additional members=

-Mikal
For being so enthusiastic about debating, and being so f*cking hilarious

-Jonelle
For being an awesome writer, funny chica and amazing person

-Max
For being a great mod, and awesome mafia scumbuddy <3

-NiamC
For always freshening up the debating options with new art & music debates
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:27:10 PM
I think this has been done before, only before, somebody would list a whole bunch of people and everybody else would say what they thought of those people.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:28:11 PM
Sargon: Sharp as a whip.

GCL: Sweet as a sodi-pop.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:31:29 PM
At 9/29/2014 10:28:32 PM, Defro wrote:
Defro
For being awesome and a hilarious, fun drunk.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:32:15 PM
At 9/29/2014 10:27:10 PM, philochristos wrote:
For being awesome, fun, a great interviewer, fellow archer and singer.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:34:51 PM
YYW- he does have great knowledge when it comes to politics, and policy styled debates. He is a Hall of Fame member, and he often gives his opinion no matter how controversial it is.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:38:02 PM
At 9/29/2014 10:34:38 PM, debatability wrote:
Liz- a fun girl to be around. A sweetheart & flirt. Comical & very intelligent. Great debater, excellent mafia player. Perceptive.

DEBATAROMANABILITY
(AND SEVANII)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:50:14 PM
My list:

-GCL: This chick has like a hundred younger siblings and she can remember all their names.

-Crypto: He can play the piano well.

-Mikal: Abs

-CP: I don't think he's active anymore, but I loved his Drama Farm shows.

-MassiveDump: Dat account name. I also consider him to be one of the funniest f*ckers on the site.

-Linkish: Dis one crazy guy. His drunk stories are legendary.

-Zmikecuber: Reading his philosophy crap hurts my head, but it's interesting nevertheless. The guy can also solve a rubiks cube blindfolded.

-SeventhProffessor: Dis nigga is a motherf*cking pachirisu. He can also solve this bigass rubiks cube.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:02:04 PM
I'm going to call you all out. Give me your numbers when you get the chance, so I can do it right. If your name is on the list, PM me your private cell phone numbers so I can say this to your face.

Envisage: For being the awesomest gay philosopher on DDO. I mean... just the fact that he has the length of his penis in his signature is reason to love him. Besides, he talks about the philosophical implications and natural selection phenomena of big willys.

Wylted: For all his G-rated and family friendly debates. Really, I can't express how much I've enjoyed showing his debates to my mom. She loves them, Wylted. Keep up the good work. Maybe disney can hire you someday.

Mikal: For not ELO boosting at all. Always nice to see people doing honest debates. I love it when Mikal says, "As for ELO, I care not. Having a good debate with fair rules and a strong opponent tis what counts. Not online numbers."

GWL_CPA: For being such a sweet, polite, and charming individual. It's a tragedy he had to leave so suddenly. I know some people accidentally mistook his kindness as sarcasm, but really, he was such a wonderful person. He even promised to do a eulogy at my funeral when I die of mouth cancer.

The Serb: For all his various and creative debate resolutions. I've never seen someone come up with so many different and new resolutions.

Rational thinker: Because his forum topics are always unexpected. I mean... I really wasn't expecting a thread about idealism the other day! But dreams do come true. Magic is real. Some people claim it's all just mental masturbation, but for rational thinker, thats actually what it is. Because all is mental. Even masturbation.

n7: I like how he closed his old crappy account where nobody knew who he was and made a new shiny account where we can all recognize him. I really like his reference to his favorite sex position in his username. Touche.

airmax: What can I say? I've never seen a moderator so good at detecting and deleting votebombs. I really feel like the method he's got going down works. I haven't seen anything resembling a votebomb on DDO in ages. Votebombs have become extinct like the H-bomb, thanks to Max.

blade of truth: A really awesome user who respects women, especially other peoples' wives. Very good with women. In fact, I'd trust my sister (if I had one) with him any day. You want to go over to BOT's house after barhopping? No problem, sis. BOT will be respectful and see you for your true value as a human being.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:03:00 PM
me: For having awesome counting and reading comprehension skills.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:03:47 PM
YYW and bsh1, for not only displaying courage in their convictions but also the tender sweetness that accompanies them wherever they go. Both are incredibly intelligent, and both are amazingly caring. They're a pair of suns that make this world just a little bit brighter.

Jonbonbon, for being a troll of mythical proportions and for her hard work in penning Star Debate, an outstanding sci-Fi series. She even returned and resumed work on it despite a busy schedule. Jonbonbon's no quitter, and we can't wait to see her next release.

Wylted, for displaying civility in the face of adversity and for bringing the community together in open and civil discussion, as a community ought to do.

SeventhProfessor, for staying strong despite Romanii's vicious betrayal and for always gathering everyone together to play live mafia, thereby enhancing communal interactions.

Thett, for his amazing fanfictions, which he tragically seldom releases, and his remarkable prowess as a pirate lord with abs of steel. In addition to this, Thett has a warm and caring heart, and he won't hesitate to reach out to his friends.

Rev, for, despite being a new member, diving head first into the DDO community, making friends, and even launching - and seemingly continuing - a thrilling fanfiction of massive proportions. Rev is courteous and kind, and even if he fancies himself to be a bit of a bada$$, he has the potential to bloom into a wonderful, positive force for the community.

GCL, of course, for her unwavering kindness and sincerity. GCL is perhaps the sweetest member in the site's history, and we all wish she was around more because she improves the lives of everyone who interacts with her.

Also a shout-out to the gone: Romanii and JMK.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:05:35 PM
Defro: The coolest asian guy I've met on here. Well, the only one, but still the coolest.

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:06:47 PM
I'm going to do more than 5. So shoot me.

Bsh1
Kind, considerate, and polite. He always looks out for and helps the noobs. (like me) :D

GCL
Sweet, and kind. She sets a good example for me.

Esocial
Very sweet, and looking out for others.

Shield
Gentlemanly and hilarious.

JasperFrancisShickadance
A true sister, and someone you can talk to.

PetersSmith
Very intelligent, and thinks through issues thoroughly.

deusdiligitme
Few people know her, but she is one of my closest friends, and I really like her.

Truth_Seeker
I like his compassionate heart, and his desire to do right.

Krieg01
A funny guy that isn't allergic to Christianity and is quite kind.

I'm sure I've left some key people out, but this much I know, I really love the DDO community, and I consider you all my friends. If you aren't on this list, it's probably because I haven't talked to you that much. I apologize in advance to anyone I missed.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:08:47 PM
Thett: Even though he's super hard to talk to, its worth the effort. I also just realized if you spelled it "theht" it would be a palindrome. All in favor of thett3 getting a new account with the username "theht" say I.

Eye.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:09:51 PM
Andoctuir: Yeah, we all know he's stoic and doesn't really have a sense of humor, but the guy always has something sensible to say. Whether it's telling us to stay away from drugs, or to not give into the temptations of women, his wisdom is unparalleled.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:16:26 PM
I'm just kidding, I love all you guys. Too bad I'm too busy to hang around here more. Really miss it. :(

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:45:37 AM
At 9/29/2014 10:53:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
So I spent half an hour typing out good things about people.
And the page refreshed.
And it's all gone.
I hate when that happens.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:46:42 AM
At 9/29/2014 11:03:00 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
me: For having awesome counting and reading comprehension skills.

Lol. Awesome. ^.^
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:49:10 AM
At 9/29/2014 11:16:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I'm just kidding, I love all you guys. Too bad I'm too busy to hang around here more. Really miss it. :(

We miss you too. <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:50:32 AM
At 9/29/2014 11:03:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Also a shout-out to the gone: Romanii and JMK.
JMK locked himself out of his account by accident. His new account is MonetaryOffset
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY