Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Much-Needed Confession

MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:

I am progressivedem22.

And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.

Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.

As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.

~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset

P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 10:49:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 10:49:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

You destroyed the friendships you had. You may be sorry, and are finally willing to accept responsibility, but what you did will have always happened. And yes, it was 100% your fault.

If the forum saw what you said to and about Bsh1 and I, there is no way they would come to your defense. They would burn you, although it seems that many already have.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:04:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dafaq is this?

What is worse:
The fact there is so much drama, or that I am unprivy to it all?
My work here is, finally, done.
Natec
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:09:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:04:17 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Dafaq is this?

What is worse:
The fact there is so much drama, or that I am unprivy to it all?

Probably the first one.
Dude... stop...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:28:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.

And so...what exactly is your point? It would be about the same as Chosenwolff confessing to be Jifpop.

And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Dennybug
Posts: 711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:30:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

Seems like i've missed a lot. good bye Joey
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:30:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

I kind knew this and said that to you like 88 times in the process of you being on here. If I was mad at you still I would have said so
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 1:38:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:

A very much needed confession indeed.

A lesser man would react with anger, upon realizing his friend is actually his arch-enemy in disguise. I despised you as Prog, I hated your cowardice, yet considered you a friend as JMK... the irony is not lost upon me.

This is a pretty big betrayal of trust, but you already know this.

Our beef, our great war, is something of the past. It has no place in the present. Obviously though, you did lie and built our friendship on a farce. I can forgive our past, but this is a pretty interesting revelation. Idk how I feel to be honest. I hate that you lied to me, but I am oddly amused at the same time.

I mean, they say you can tell alot about a man by his enemies, and mine was someone who went 72-0 while completely fooling most of the site. That's respectable, even from an adversary perspective.

I wish we could have built up a friendship by different means. A worthy enemy, a worthy friend, that is how I will forever remember you.

Godspeed.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 5:15:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Joey,

I don't know if you'll check this, but I sincerely hope you do.

I'm very sorry in your last few days here, we couldn't have spoken.

As most of the site knows, we were very close - both as Prog & JMK & MO. I looked up to you a lot, and came to your defense whenever possible. I took your side on matters, and then fought against - with - you on some.

Friends can argue, but stick together all the same. I hope you know that.

I'm sorry you didn't know - believe - in the last few days here that I care about you, but I do. I'm very protective of my friends, as you can tell - and sometimes, it leads to me yelling at them - to avoid them getting hurt, or doing something stupid.

To sum it up - Despite our differences and disagreements, you're my friend, and I care about you. I'm sorry you couldn't see that, and we couldn't build back our friendship to its peak, as it was when you were Prog & early JMK, before you left. I wish you luck in life.

Good-bye, old friend.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:46:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 1:38:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I mean, they say you can tell alot about a man by his enemies,

Who says this?
You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps. This is said.
Why would his enemies tell you anything about the man, since the man has no control over his enemies' thoughts?
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:50:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, so I was informed of this thread from someone offsite, and I have to say something. Are you guy's just figuring this out?
I can point you to a dozen PM's and Threads where everyone got on my @$$ for calling JMK out as progressive.

The ironic thing is, progressivedem, IE, JMK, accused me of betraying his trust by not revealing I was Jiffypop. This hypocritical nonsense has to end. Interesting to note though, JMK and Prog once had their accounts active at the same time, multiple times.

This could possibly be a double farce.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 9:12:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.
OMG Joey, stop, lol.

Sometimes I feel like this isn't DDO and it's like living inside of a Soap Opera roleplaying website. If people are really upset about this, they need to check themselves.

I only joined this website just as the likes of "progressivedem22" and "Jifpop09" became inactive (not to mention the secretive noob past life I had on older accounts), and I kinda made the correlation the last time someone said you were progressive in G+ (I don't remember who it was).

A progressive economist who likes to host mafia games..

If people are really that upset about the screen name that you went by, then they don't have their priorities straight, and are treating you as someone behind a keyboard and a profile picture rather than as "Joey" (.. if that's even your real name anymore, you fake! </3, just kidding)

I WOULD HAVE JOINED YOUR DAMNED GAME LAST NIGHT IF I KNEW IT WAS THE LAST ONE YOU'D HOST :*(
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 9:32:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Having more than one account open at the same is against the rules and regulations.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:03:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 9:32:59 AM, SamStevens wrote:
Having more than one account open at the same is against the rules and regulations.

lol well duh
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:04:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

I don't really care about any of this.

Pick a single account and keep contributing to the site and playing mafia. We like having you around so if you like the site you shouldn't leave.

My bet is 99% of members aren't aware of and/or aren't interested in whatever this post is. I appreciate a little bit melodrama to keep DDO lively, but there is really no reason to take some sort of self imposed exile.

Just follow the rules, don't multi, and that's all that needs to be said.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:17:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 10:04:48 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

I don't really care about any of this.

Pick a single account and keep contributing to the site and playing mafia. We like having you around so if you like the site you shouldn't leave.

My bet is 99% of members aren't aware of and/or aren't interested in whatever this post is. I appreciate a little bit melodrama to keep DDO lively, but there is really no reason to take some sort of self imposed exile.

Just follow the rules, don't multi, and that's all that needs to be said.

This. It's good you came clean but honestly outside of a few people who hated prog but liked JMK, this isn't that big of a deal. Even with those people this is the perfect opportunity to rebuild burnt bridges so...why not?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:44:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 10:17:06 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/5/2014 10:04:48 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2014 10:36:25 PM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
I never thought it would come to this, but, in light of recent events, this must be done. I'm not happy with the person I've become as late -- hurting the people I care about most is not something I take pride in, nor that I would want ever to repeat. I have a lot of soul searching to do in the months ahead, and it's come to my attention that there isn't a place for me any longer on this website. Before I take off, though, there's something you all need to know. I never foresaw that I would do this, but I have nothing left to lose at this point. All that said, and without further ado:


I am progressivedem22.


And, well, that wasn't the only confession. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Some of them I've tried to handle elsewhere, and others I cannot.


Annie: No matter what, I care about you. Don't ever forget that.

Endark: I'm sorry. You were only trying to help, and I had no right to lash out at you as I did.

Bsh: I'm so sorry, and I accept 100% of the blame.

YYW: See Bsh.

Mikal: We had a battle before I left. I don't want to hash this out publicly, nor do I think, based on what you've had to say following those events, that you have any interest in reconciliation. I don't blame you. Just know that everything that has happened ex post facto was genuine, including our silly modding battle on Google+. And you thought I was mad at you, so let me be clear: I am not. I'm sorry. In my mind, you're forgiven.

Blade-of-Truth: I could pretty much echo everything I've written to Mikal here. Before I left, I typed out a response to your PM. It was about 24,000 characters, and I was advised by Airmax not to respond to you, so I didn't. I pondered sending that to you before I left today, but, frankly, I don't want to. Those messages demonstrate how I felt several months ago, not how I feel now. I think there were a lot of misunderstandings, and I think you found out not long after our forum skirmish -- in fact, that night in the case of the truth box -- that much of what propelled our confrontation boiled down to a misunderstanding. With that said, I do find it slightly fascinating that, after all that, merely changing my username was enough for you to change from my nemesis to my friend -- and I did consider you a friend, though I'm sure after this reveal that's out the window. In spite of what happened in the past, I have the same thing to say to you that I did to Mikal: I'm sorry, and in my mind, you're forgiven.

Max: This is slightly unexpected, I think, because we never actually had a fight. You were rightfully mad at me after you found out about this multi-accounting scheme, and you had every right to be: I messed up. You have my sincerest apologies for that, and for complicating your life before and after the fact. I'm sorry, also, for the gratuitous criticism I levied against you. You're a good person and mod, and I wish you all the best.


As for everyone else, you know who you are. I don't want to provide an entire list of people. I actually did that a few days ago on the "Call out Thread," if anyone at all cares, and hopefully you don't. For those of you who stuck by me throughout this, I thank you with every fiber of my being. The one thing I ask, though, is this: do not try to defend me. Do not even allude to the fact that you were aware of any of this. I am not a victim, and I don't want anyone to think of me as such. My account will no longer be active after this thread is posted -- if Airmax sees this, I ask that he close it permanently, if only for the rules I"ve broken -- and I trust that there will be a great deal of criticism from multiple directions. I haven"t decided whether I plan to read it or not, but I'm not going to respond to any of it. I ask that you do the same.

With that, I depart. I realize I have no credibility when it comes to this, but trust me when I say that there won't be a next time.


~JMK/Prog/MonetaryOffset


P.S. That 72-0 record is BS. Someone please beat it. Ragnar and BOT, I'm looking at the two of you.

I don't really care about any of this.

Pick a single account and keep contributing to the site and playing mafia. We like having you around so if you like the site you shouldn't leave.

My bet is 99% of members aren't aware of and/or aren't interested in whatever this post is. I appreciate a little bit melodrama to keep DDO lively, but there is really no reason to take some sort of self imposed exile.

Just follow the rules, don't multi, and that's all that needs to be said.

This. It's good you came clean but honestly outside of a few people who hated prog but liked JMK, this isn't that big of a deal. Even with those people this is the perfect opportunity to rebuild burnt bridges so...why not?
+2
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:12:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Even as a new member, this didn't come as a surprise at all.

Anyways, I hope you'll follow Raisor and Thett's advice and come back. You are a good member who is well-liked by many when you disregard all the drama stuff.

If you do return, do it as Prog. Beating Mikal is a bigger accomplishment than slaughtering 72 noobs ;)
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:29:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
He will be back soon. His decision not to leave will be announced in a new thread.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:34:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 8:46:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/5/2014 1:38:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I mean, they say you can tell alot about a man by his enemies,

Who says this?
You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps. This is said.
Why would his enemies tell you anything about the man, since the man has no control over his enemies' thoughts?

"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects."
- Oscar Wilde

"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends."
- Baltasar Graci"n, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

"A man with no enemies is a man with no character."
- Paul Newman

"Judge a man by the reputation of his enemies."
- Arabian Proverb quotes

"I like to have powerful enemies. Makes me feel important."
- Leigh Bardugo, Siege and Storm

"He will never have true friends who is afraid of making enemies."
- William Hazlitt, Selected Essays, 1778-1830
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:36:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 9:29:44 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 10/5/2014 9:13:21 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I don't get it.

Just some 'childish' things.

Makes sense.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:51:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 12:34:15 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
"Judge a man by the reputation of his enemies."

You're talking about Bsh1 and I.

That should speak volumes about what kind of person he is.
Tsar of DDO