Jump to topic:

Once Upon a DDO Season Finale

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:04:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here we are! The season finale! It's been a wild ride. It's been a great one. Thank you all for your support! It really means a lot to me.

Here we go! See you all in season 2!

Episode 21: http://www.debate.org...
E20: http://www.debate.org...
E19: http://www.debate.org...
E18: http://www.debate.org...
E17: http://www.debate.org......
E16: http://www.debate.org......
E15: http://www.debate.org......
E14: http://www.debate.org......
E13: http://www.debate.org......
E12: http://www.debate.org......
E11: http://www.debate.org......
E10: http://www.debate.org......
E9: http://www.debate.org......
E8: http://www.debate.org......
E7: http://www.debate.org......
E6: http://www.debate.org......
E5: http://www.debate.org......
E4: http://www.debate.org......
E3: http://www.debate.org......
E2: http://www.debate.org......

A wild grin danced across Imabench's face as he pushed aside the stone slab concealing the exit of his secret entrance.

He emerged in the Palace dungeon. They kept all sorts of miscreants in here. Spammers. Trolls. Frequenters of the Pollust. And more dangerous criminals, too. Thieves. Villains. Murderers. Rebels.

Imabench continued grinning as he walked past cell after cell. It had been their own stupidity that led to them getting captured. If they had been like him, well...if they'd been as smart as him, he'd have had to kill them.

Imabench paused outside kbub's cell. She was sitting with her back to the wall, staring down at the floor. The flickering torches would have only afforded Imabench a weak glance, but due to the troll in his blood, Imabench had better eyesight than most. He could see exactly how broken kbub's body looked.

But that was just her body. Her spirit was another matter.

kbub lifted her head slowly, sensing his presence. "Who's there?" She croaked. Imabench considered his plans. Then, shrugging, he dropped a small key through the bars of kbub's cell and continued walking. kbub called out after him, but he didn't turn around.

After all, the show was beginning.

Romanii couldn't find Seventh anywhere.

He had made it to the Philosopher's Bridge by the time the bells started ringing. Romanii had discarded them entirely. He knew what they meant, but they weren't important right now. What was important was finding Seventh. What would happen then, he didn't know. But the most complex plans bring about the most disastrous falls. Better to take things one step at a time.

Romanii had left the Philosopher's Bridge and entered the abandoned section of the Kingdom. Once ruled by the Church of Universal Faith, it had fallen into a portrait of decay since Juggle's arrival over a decade ago. Seventh didn't have a strong connection to the area, but it was a good place to go to be alone.

Romanii, however, was not alone.

Someone advanced toward him through the rain. Squinting, he made out a bright yellow scarf.

"Jonbonbon?"

Then something cracked against his head, and everything went dark.

Jonbonbon kept her gun pointed steadily at Romanii. A gust of wind grabbed her scarf and, unable to tear it from her neck, caused it to dance in the wind. Romanii stopped moving.

"Jonbonbon?" He called out.

Jonbonbon started to lower her gun when Romanii suddenly stiffened and fell over. Quickly, she adjusted her aim to the figure standing over Romanii. The figure bent over for a moment, took something from the body, and stood back up.

It was YYW.

"You're one of them too," he called out. Even from where she stood, Jonbonbon saw him sink into a fighting stance. "I won't forgive that."

"I'm not!" Jonbonbon insisted. But YYW didn't appear to be listening. He inched closer to her.

"It's no use!" YYW said. "Thett...Thett told me. He's here."

"I know," Jonbonbon called back. "YYW, they have Storm too!"

YYW paused in his advance.

"I'm here to rescue Storm," Jonbonbon continued. "Not to stop you from saving bsh1."

YYW straightened from his crouch. He nodded curtly. "Let's go then."

Within ten minutes, the pair had arrived at the Church. It was as Jonbonbon had expected. Zaradi had already arrived and departed with his troops.

"There might still be guards around," Jonbonbon warned. "Do you have a weapon?"

YYW held up the knife he'd taken from Romanii.

Jonbonbon nodded. "He'll want that back."

"He can have it when I'm done," YYW said. "I'll apologize to him then. Right now, though...let's get bsh1."

The church was empty. That emptiness lent a vastness to the building that felt oppressive, alien. There were no pews, no books, not even an altar. There was only a small staircase in the back that led down. Jonbonbon pointed to it. But before she or YYW could move, footsteps sounded from the stairs, and Daytona and Silence appeared. They spotted YYW and Jonbonbon instantly.

Silence and Jonbonbon drew their guns simultaneously. Daytona unsheathed a wicked, curved blade. Brandishing it, he marched toward YYW.

"Look what we have here," he crowed. "A rescue mission."

"Leave now, Daytona," YYW growled, gripping his knife.

"I don't think so," Daytona responded, shaking his head mockingly. Jonbonbon shifted her aim to him. Silence took that moment to fire. The bullet hit Jonbonbon in the shoulder and sent her spinning around. Her aim went wide, peppering the Church with bullet holes. She screamed as a thousand flaming daggers tore into her shoulder again and again.

Daytona sprang at YYW, who waited until the last possible second before sidestepping Daytona's blade and thrusting with his knife. But Daytona moved faster than YYW thought possible, and his knife met only empty air. Daytona elbowed YYW's back, sending him staggering forward. YYW turned to face his opponent, clutching his knife before him. Daytona swung his blade in lazy circles, smiling invitingly.

Silence aimed his gun at YYW, but Daytona waved him down.

"He's mine," Daytona said, still smiling. "YYW's long been an agent of the Evil Queen's tyranny." YYW didn't respond to the jibe. He kept his eyes on Daytona's sword.

Jonbonbon fired from the ground. Her shot hit Silence in the leg and sent him toppling. But despite the fall and pain, Silence didn't wait around. He gripped the railing of the staircase and more-or-less flung himself down, out of range. Jonbonbon swore as she stood and hobbled over to follow him.

She cast a last glance over her shoulder at YYW and Daytona before following Silence into the darkness below.

The bells were what saved Airmax.

The demons of his conscience had surrounded him on all sides. He had been drowning in his sorrow and Oryus' blood. But when he heard the bells, his mind snapped back to the present.

The Kingdom of DDO was in danger. It was his sworn duty to defend it. That was his purpose as a Moderator. Airmax had always tried his best to live up to such a task. Even if it meant doing something unpopular. Even if it meant doing something...wrong. He had a duty. Not just to the Kingdom, but to the brave men and women who had sacrificed their lives against Fluffy's horde to establish it. And he had a duty to himself.

Airmax spread his arms and floated off the balcony. He began a slow, graceful descent toward the fighting below. He had to put an end to it. But as he got lower, he saw someone climbing onto the roof of a house overlooking the battle. That someone began shouting, and he recognized her instantly. It was GCL.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:04:39 PM
"STOP!" GCL cried. "EVERYONE, STOP FIGHTING!"

Her words rang out across the square. The strength of her own volume impressed her. The soldiers closest to her stopped to turn toward her. Others continued fighting. GCL mustered her energy and yelled again.

Curse her, CP thought. She's going to ruin everything. Lannan had stopped to contemplate GCL as well, so CP reluctantly lowered his weapon, though he did not ease his grip.

"PLEASE, STOP!" GCL hollered again. By this point, nearly every soldier, whether on the side of DDO or the rebellion, had lowered their arms. It was truly a strange sight to behold, and one none but GCL could have caused. Innocent sincerity hummed in every syllable she spoke.

"This fighting is wrong!" GCL spoke once she felt she could no longer contain her feelings. She was not naturally gifted in oration or rhetoric. GCL did not speak from a standpoint of persuasion or manipulation. She spoke from a heart that knew little of darkness or cynicism.

"We are all children of Juggle," she said. "We are all rational beings capable of empathy. We don't need to do such horrible deeds!"

"Our world has seen enough of violence! The Rune Wars, the Dark Plague - let it end! How can we live like kings yet slaughter like animals?" GCL waved her hands about frantically. "Have any of you even tried to have a peaceful resolution? Has anyone thought about what Juggle would want? Has anyone thought about what you yourself would want?"

"We don't have to fight," she repeated. "Nobody else has to die!"

A thunderclap followed her words, as if the heavens themselves applauded the sentiment. GCL's chest heaved, and she gulped in rain-stricken air.

Not a soldier stirred below her. She waited. They would drop their guns now, surely! Their guns, their swords, their spears and hatchets and other tools of killing! Closing her eyes, GCL reached into the depths of her soul and pulled out a quotation from the Scarlet Bible.

"And know ye that men set against men shall not find justice nor salvation but vengeance. For as they smote one another on the hills, so shall I smite them and bar them from grace."

GCL opened her eyes.

Linkish had just finished rappelling to the second floor of the Palace. As he had suspected, it was deserted. Everyone was either on the first floor preparing for battle or hiding out in safe rooms. Still, it was better to err on the safe side. So rather than simply smash through the window, Linkish began slowly cutting away the glass.

The process took about three minutes. He could hear GCL jabbering away. He forced himself to tune her out. He couldn't be distracted. Not now. Not when Ore_Ele was so close.

There. The job was done. Linkish smiled as he gently lifted the glass from the frame and slid into the newly made hole. He landed lightly on his feet and straightened up.

The room appeared to be a low-level bedroom. It was entirely too blue - blue rug, blue bed, blue walls - and lacked any distinctive lavishness. That didn't particularly matter to Linkish. He crept up to the door and set his ear against it.

Nothing.

He eased the door open and crack and swept his gaze throughout the hall. Not a soul in sight. Excellent.

Linkish slipped out of the bedroom and padded off down the hall. He wasn't far from the throne room now. Down this flight of stairs and - there! Linkish leaned against the heavy, wooden door. He could hear voices. And one of them was Ore_Ele's.

Taking a deep breath, Linkish opened the door.

"What do you mean, we shall see?" President Mikal's curiosity draped across his face, as obvious as the Palace was. "Are you challenging my Moderator?"

Ore_Ele bristled at the thought of being called Mikal's Moderator, but, as per his training, he displayed the emotion of a Stoic.

"I think it's time," Bladerunner said after a moment, "that I showed you power beyond your wildest dreams." He raised his right arm to his mouth and spoke to his wrist. "Bring it down."

From outside, over the sound of thunder and rain, came a loud whirring noise.

"What is it?" Mikal demanded. "What is that?"

"You'll see shortly." Bladerunner turned to Ore_Ele. "If you'd be so kind as to teleport us to the uppermost balcony."

Ore_Ele warped Mikal there first, before the President could even speak. Tylergraham glowered, so Ore_Ele sent him next. Ore_Ele had just directed his attention to Bladerunner when the door to the right of the throne burst open, and Linkish the Assassin entered the room.

Linkish raised a jagged dagger and pointed it at Bladerunner. "I have no quarrel with you," he growled. "Depart."

Bladerunner didn't seem the slightest bit phased. He rubbed his lapel and turned back to Ore_Ele.

"To Mikal, if you don't mind."

Ore_Ele warped him away. He'd been halfway tempted to kill Bladerunner in the process, but he decided against it. He had more immediate issues.

Ore_Ele turned magnanimously to Linkish. "I see you survived. A mistake I won't make again."

"You won't be making any mistakes again," Linkish countered.

Ore_Ele smirked. "Really? And what are you going to do about...this?" As he spoke, Ore_Ele raised a gloved palm and sent a burst of black lightning zinging toward Linkish's chest. Linkish held the danger before him. The magic collided with it and bounced off, shooting harmlessly into the wall.

Linkish lowered the dagger and smiled. "I'm an assassin, Ore_Ele. I know how to deal with magic."

"A mythril blade won't save you," Ore_Ele said calmly. "You're taking on the most powerful Moderator in the Kingdom. That, assassin, is your last mistake."

And with that, Ore_Ele attacked.

Bookworm climbed up onto the roof behind GCL.

Even from the back, GCL looked as angelic as she did from the front. Bookworm couldn't help but admire the girl's courage. There she was, boldly exposing herself to two fighting armies and trying to convince them not to kill one another.

Bookworm spared a glance down into the streets. The men and women in the square and around the Palace had stopped battling, but she could see Zaradi and a fresh troop of rebels advancing toward the square. Once he arrived, all pandemonium would break loose. Zaradi hadn't been there to hear GCL's speech, and Bookworm doubted he would have cared even if he had.

"Violence is the way of the world," she muttered to herself. In her mind's eye, she saw Jifpop again. He'd been frantic when she walked into his newspaper store, sure, but he'd looked almost happy to see her. And she, in turn, had plunged a knife into his chest. How had he looked then?

And then she thought of Romanii, and how he treated Seventh, and that not all violence was physically wounding.

Shouting echoed throughout the streets below as the forces of DDO noticed Zaradi's attack. GCL's intervention was annihilated in less than a second as a barrage of gunfire slew another dozen soldiers.

"NO!" GCL shrieked. She turned rapidly, and, on the slick and slippery rooftop, already wet from rain, her feet slid out from under her. Her wide eyes locked onto Bookworm, and it seemed as though her windmilling arms turned in Bookworm's direction. Bookworm felt her body running forward even as her mind screamed that she couldn't make it in time.

As usual, the body didn't care. As usual, the mind was right.

GCL's fall seemed almost graceful. Her hair splayed out behind her as if to cushion the impact. Her arms extended outwards, as if in preparation for an embrace. Even her face radiated a serene calm despite her situation.

A thunderclap blotted out the sound the body made.

None of the other soldiers even noticed, so engaged were they in the oldest business of humanity. Only Bookworm saw that beautiful body and the hideous angle at which its neck lay.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:05:09 PM
15 Weeks Earlier

"This one's lovely." Royal smiled, gesturing at a bouquet of flowers in more colors than Thett had ever seen before. "How much?"

"25 ELO," the vendor replied.

Royal frowned.

"I've got it," Thett assured her.

"No," Royal insisted. "I'd like to buy it myself, if you don't mind." Thett stared at her. She stared right back.

Thett lowered his gaze. "Okay."

Royal kissed his cheek. Then she turned back to the vendor. "20 ELO," she said.

3 Weeks Before That (Or 18 Weeks Earlier)

Thett and Royal stood on the shoreline and watched the ocean waves lap against the sand. The waves touched the shore with a gentle tenderness, as if the sand were an ice cream cone being licked clean. The soft sun cast a dull-orange hue over the water that gradually faded, as if an artist had started using one color but then decided against it.

"It's beautiful," Thett said.

"Yes," Royal answered simply.

"You're beautiful," Thett said.

"Yes." Royal smiled. "I suppose I am."

5 Weeks After That (Or 13 Weeks Earlier)

"You made a deal with me, Royal."

"I know. I've regretted it ever since."

"I really do not care about your personal feelings. We have a contract. You will give me what you promised."

"I owe you nothing."

"If that is what you must tell yourself to be at peace. But I will come when the date draws near."

"I'll tell Thett. We'll be rid of you."

"By all means. Let him know. Of course, I will simply have to kill him."

"You're a monster."

"Knowledge is dangerous."

"Please. Please don't make me. I'll give you anything else! Anything else!"

"But you have nothing else I want. When did you start showing symptoms?"

"A month ago."

"Try again."

"Three months ago."

"Excellent. I will find you in six months then."

"Please...."

"Goodbye, Royal."

Present Day

kbub crept up the stairs leading to the throne room.

Hunger clawed at her stomach, and her limbs ached. Her head pounded. Her body complained with every breath she took. She wanted nothing more than to fall into a soft bed and sleep for the next three days. But first she had to escape.

What had Imabench been thinking, giving her the keys? What could the Lord of Trolls possibly be planning?

Thinking about it just made her headache worse. So she pushed him out of her mind for now and focused on climbing each stair as it came. It was a taxing process. kbub was out of breath when she reached the large wooden door. Now all she had to do was get through the throne room and the main foyer, and she'd be outside the Palace. Simple.

Hmph. If only.

kbub pushed open the door and froze at the sight that greeted her.

Linkish was crouched behind the throne, clutching a jagged dagger and nursing his right shoulder. Ore_Ele advanced toward the throne, holding his gloved hands out before him.

"I told you it was useless," Ore_Ele said coldly. "You're going to die in here, Linkish. How does that feel?"

Warmth flooded into kbub's body. She possessed a strength she hadn't known existed. Her fatigue and pain were helpless before this righteous tide. Here stood Ore_Ele, Moderator, dictator.

kbub's reason fled her as well. He was the oppressor.

"DOWN WITH TYRANNY!" She shouted before rushing directly toward Ore_Ele. He turned toward her, lifted a hand in her direction - and Linkish sprung from behind the throne! Ore_Ele vanished into a cloud of black smoke. Linkish landed at the spot where he had been standing. He cursed.

Ore_Ele reappeared on the far side of the throne room. "Is this your backup, Linkish? A worn-out, helpless prisoner?"

"Can you fight?" Linkish hissed to kbub from the corner of his mouth. She nodded. Linkish reached into the pouch at his waist and tossed kbub a blowgun. She caught it awkwardly, fumbling around for a few seconds, but she never dropped it. Linkish gave her one last bit of advice. "Then fight."

She nodded again, and together, the two of them marched on Ore_Ele.

bsh1 looked up as the sound of something crashing down the stairs grew louder. He and OncomingStorm traded glances. He'd thought he'd heard gunfire from above, but he hadn't been certain. Now, though, someone was definitely coming.

The door was flung open, and Silence hopped into view. bsh1 immediately noted the blood covering his other leg. Silence kept it in the air as he neared bsh1. bsh1 felt a chill run down his spine. Was he about to die? Here, without YYW ever knowing what had happened to him?

But Silence simply leaned against the wall. bsh1 noticed that he kept his gun pointed toward the door, as if expecting more company. Sure enough, he could hear someone else descending the stairs.

If Silence was injured, and worried, then that meant only one thing. Someone had come to rescue them!

"We're here!" OncomingStorm shouted into the darkness. "We're here, and he's standing by -!"

Silence turned and fired two bullets right into OncomingStorm's abdomen. Storm's shout turned into a gurgle as blood rushed into his mouth. His free hand flailed wildly around the injured area while his shackled hand desperately strained against its bonds, as if he thought that by having both hands free, he could somehow undo the damage.

bsh1 was too stunned to even scream. He stared up at Silence, rage slowly overtaking his shock. He noted the gleam of surprise in Silence's eye but discarded it. What did it matter if the man was shocked by what he'd just done? The fact remained that he had. And bsh1 could be next!

There was more motion by the stairs, and Jonbonbon appeared. She, too, wielded a small handgun. She paused at the edge of the darkness. She couldn't see Silence from her position but, with her back to the torchlights along the stairs, he could see her.

Silence quietly shifted away from the wall to get a clear shot. The motion brought him slightly closer to bsh1.

Jonbonbon glanced both left and right. bsh1 could see her uncertainty. It betrayed her with every breath. Silence aimed carefully and took a deep breath.

In the lightning instant before he fired, bsh1 realized what he had to do.

Gathering himself, bsh1 kicked out with all his might. His foot connected with Silence's injured leg. The man spun around, howling in pain. His own shot went wide.

Jonbonbon snapped her head around to stare in the direction of the sound. She advanced steadily, gun held before her.

Silence was still howling. Somehow he managed to make it to a wall without losing his balance. His face was still contorted with pain, but he lifted the gun to aim at bsh1. bsh1 had known this might happen when he acted. He'd accepted it then. How could it be that, in the span of a few seconds, he could suddenly reject the idea of death?

Silence's grimace of pain morphed into an almost mournful expression. He shook his head sadly at bsh1.

"You don't have to do it," bsh1 said. He forced himself not to glance at OncomingStorm. "You can put your gun down, right now. I promise you I can get you a fair trial."

The words recalled his debate on attorney-client privilege two years ago. That was the night he'd first met YYW.

"It's strange," bsh1 remembered telling YYW two years ago. "You're just too perfect. Not that that's a bad thing," he blushed, "but it just seems...I don't know...different. Not bad different, you know, just different different." He hated how nervous and idiotic he sounded. But YYW just gazed at him encouragingly, so bsh1 continued. "How is it that we can match together like this?"

"I think," YYW had breathed into his ear, "that it's because our love is our future, and I think it was always meant to happen."

"I just want to see YYW again," bsh1 whispered.

Silence hesitated. He looked to be lost in thought.

And then there was the sound of a gunshot
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:05:33 PM
Seventh made it to her house unmolested.

She bolted the door behind her and, without bothering to move further, slid to the ground and buried her face in her hands. GCL's presence had helped keep the pain at bay, but now that she was alone, it returned in full force. And what force it had! The army of DDO, the rebels - none of them held a candle to the strength of the heart. In times of peace, the heart is the greatest defender of love. It is an invulnerable warrior, an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

And it was at war with Seventh.

What was the war outside, compared to the one within?

Seventh wished she'd stayed with GCL. But it was too late to go back now. It was too late for everything.

Seventh's eyes dimmed. Was there a point to anything? Even the cause she and Romanii had finally pledged themselves to felt distant and unimportant. Such philosophical theories like justice and tyranny - what did they really matter? They were lofty goals. They never descended to the realm of reality.

Even with the rain outside, it seemed to Seventh that her house was darker than normal.

Your darkening has begun.

Seventh lifted her head an inch. "Hello?"

Nobody answered. Seventh was alone.

Then, a masquerade of lies and betrayal.

Seventh lifted her head all the way. "Who's there?" She was sure she'd heard a voice this time.

So many masks, and behind all of them, deceit.

"Who are you?" Seventh still didn't rise, but her panic did.

Relax, the voice consoled. I'm here to help you.

Seventh wanted to ask the voice to identify itself again, but the desire soon passed from her mind. It didn't really matter anyway. If an intruder had broken into her house, so what? Maybe he'd kill her.

You've seen their masks. Justice. Tyranny. Good. Evil. And you know them for what they are. Mirrors of mist and rivers of fog. Contortionists of the truth.

"We were never together," Seventh said. "Were we?"

Questions, questions, hissed the voice. Submit to the darkening.

"The darkening?"

The end of questions. The end of pain.

"I don't know what you mean."

Relax. Everything will be fine. I promise.

"No pain?"

A sealed heart.

Seventh nodded. A wave of darkness descended across her face, and she lost consciousness.

General Lannan and CP crossed blades.

Both stood there. Rain dripped down from their hair, rolled along the swords, splashed around their feet. Neither rebel nor DDOian dared disturb the two. In fact, the fighting had drawn to a relative standstill again. Both sides had formed a rough circle around the two combatants. The unspoken command lingered in the air - don't interfere.

CP tested Lannan's blade. It didn't move an inch.

He'd long imaged being reunited with his son. He'd mapped out a thousand and one scenarios. This was not one of them. Never, even in his nightmares, did he imagine he would end up facing his son on the battlefield.

His resolve didn't waver, but he felt it war with the paternal instincts within him. And then a new thought crossed CP's brain.

Ore_Ele.

This was all Ore_Ele's fault! He'd taken Lannan away as a young boy and impressed him into the army! He'd brainwashed Lannan. He was to blame for this! And it was then that CP decided to do whatever was necessary to take his son alive. He could not strike him down, even in the name of justice.

"You've betrayed everything, father," Lannan said. He slid his blade forward; CP simply stepped back. The two swords were free of one another now.

"You've lost your way, Lannan," CP returned. He stepped to the right, noting with faint approval that Lannan instantly adjusted his position.

"You always were a coward," Lannan replied, keeping his sword before his body.

CP stopped, shaking his head in disbelief. "I've told you over and over, Lannan, a good soldier -"

Lannan lunged mid-sentence, and CP barely managed to parry in time.

"I am a good soldier," Lannan hissed. He swung again, and the battle was on.

CP feinted a few times, trying to gauge his son's reactions. Lannan swiped at the first two but quickly realized what his father was doing and stopped taking the bait. Lannan kept his distance for a while before moving in with simple jabs and cuts. CP easily dodged or parried those. One time, he even saw an opening for a riposte, but the blow would have been fatal.

CP stepped further away.

He had registered GCL's fall, of course. He'd seized it as an opportunity to resume the battle. He wished the poor girl had stayed away, but he didn't have the time to mourn her now. Lannan required all his focus. His son had grown into a fine commander.

An alien whirring sound reached his ears.

Of one mind, CP and Lannan looked up. There, in the sky, was a monster. CP had never seen anything like it before. It looked like an angry creature. Twin blades rotated rapidly over its head, and there were smaller blades, also revolving, on its tail.

The creature hovered over the battlefield, studying each soldier in turn. CP recognized a large gun mounted on the creature's underbelly. A feeling of despair rose up from deep within him.

Then the gun began firing. Soldier after soldier fell in a cry of terror and a spray of blood. All desire to flight deserted CP. One thought dominated all others - protect his son.

As the gunfire raced toward them, CP ran forward and tackled his son to the ground. Something pierced his stomach, and he grit his teeth from the pain. Then they were on the ground. Lannan stared at his father with wide eyes.

"Father - why?" He whispered.

CP coughed. "Lannan...you're a fine soldier."

CP's stomach exploded in waves of agony. Liquid pooled up in his throat and mouth. The flames of justice in his eyes dimmed to coals. For when he had lunged forward to protect his son, CP had inadvertently dived onto Lannan's sword.

A last wisp of smoke emitted from the coals in his eyes and then was extinguished.

"NO!" Airmax screamed at seeing GCL topple from the roof. He reached for her, as though his hand could span the distance between them in a second. From that hand, he fired a spell that would teleport her to safety. But it failed to reach her in time.

He closed his eyes just before she hit the ground.

GCL...why? Why did it have to be her? She deserved to live more than anyone else he knew. Why her?

Airmax heard rather than saw the fighting begin anew. He couldn't bring himself to look. Oryus and GCL and everything - was it all his fault? All this because he wanted justice? Civility? Was it really even worth it?

Airmax forced himself to focus. He couldn't lose himself now. He needed to rein in his emotions.

A whirring sound reached his ears. Puzzled, Airmax opened his eyes, and saw the same monster CP had. It was several feet below him, killing DDOian and rebel alike in the crowd below. Airmax gaped at it for a few seconds. He'd heard rumors that the Practitioners had developed such technology, but there hadn't been anything to substantiate that until now. He searched his memory for the word used in the rumors.

Helicopter. That was it. So this was what a helicopter looked like.

Airmax allowed his magic to flow through him. He would not allow GCL's death to be in vain. He had to bring an end to this war, and if that meant fighting the Practitioners too, then so be it.

Casting a shield around himself, Airmax dived directly at the helicopter. The spinning blades grew larger and larger in his view. He couldn't back down now. He had to trust in his own abilities. If the shield didn't hold, then...well, he doubted he'd be around to see what happened. He wasn't even sure it was enough to destroy that thing.

But he had to try.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:05:51 PM
The clash of metal on metal rang throughout the church when Daytona's sword locked against YYW's knife.

The two stood inches from each other, both snarling, blades locked together in the parody of an embrace.

YYW made a rapid calculation and, removing one hand from the knife, punched Daytona in the face.

Daytona staggered backward, sputtering wildly. His sword clanged to the ground. YYW didn't waste a second. He leapt for Daytona, bringing his knife around the process. But even dazed, Daytona still reacted rapidly, grabbing YYW's knife hand and twisting it around until YYW was forced to relinquish the knife. It clattered down next to the sword.

Daytona clawed for YYW's other arm, but YYW head-butted Daytona, sending him backwards once again. YYW shook his head, trying to clear away the stars that had suddenly appeared in his vision.

Both combatants paused for a moment to regain their breath. Daytona glared at YYW with absolute venom in his eyes. YYW returned the gesture.

"I would change everything!" Daytona said shrilly. "Can't you see that? They oppress everyone!"

YYW spat.

Daytona narrowed his eyes. "You're as corrupt as the rest of them. Swimming in your own arrogance." He stepped forward. "When you want a better world, you've got to fight for it!"

"No one," YYW said, "has fought harder than me and bsh1."

Daytona paused. "I forgot all about bsh1," he admitted. "He's right down there, if you want to go to him."

YYW hesitated. What was Daytona up to? His eyes flickered over to the staircase. It was just for a second, but Daytona took advantage of it. The instant YYW's eyes released him, Daytona started moving.

But he didn't move toward YYW. Rather, he ran in the opposite direction. YYW snapped his gaze back to Daytona, but he was still slow to react. By the time he managed to take a step forward, Daytona had reached the main entrance of the church. With a small wave, Daytona disappeared through the doors.

YYW contemplated pursuing him for about three seconds before his heart decided for him. Hurriedly, he gathered up his knife and raced downstairs.

He didn't stop at reaching the bottom. Jonbonbon pointed toward an open door, and YYW ran right through it.

The sight of the room did make him pause.

Silence lay sprawled on the floor. His head was no longer recognizable. Blood pooled around him. But YYW only saw bsh1, who slowly lifted his own head and gawked at YYW.

bsh1 opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again. The words came, all at once and not at all. YYW moved forward and, in an instant, bsh1 had both hands free.

"Is it...really you?" bsh1 managed.

YYW smiled through his tears. "What do you think?"

bsh1 surged upward, or maybe YYW surged downward, but the two embraced, each holding the other as if he were the center of gravity, and neither key nor magic could release one from the other's hold.

"I'm so glad you're here!" They chorused, still clinging to each other.

And so the two broken hearts became whole once again.

Jonbonbon knelt beside OncomingStorm. He heaved a rattling breath.

"Storm?" Jonbonbon whispered. Her vision blurred for a moment, and she blinked away tears. "Storm, it's me. Jonelle."

Storm tilted his head toward her. "Jonelle?"

"Yes." Jonbonbon nodded. She reached over and freed his captive hand. She took both of his in her own. "I'm right here, Storm."

"Jonelle?" Storm sounded worried now. "I can't - I can't see you." He lifted one hand from hers and searched about for her face. Jonbonbon guided his hand to her cheek. He cupped it softly. "You're crying," he said softly. Unable to speak, Jonbonbon just nodded again. "Why can't I - why can't I see you?" Storm's murmur broke into a vicious cough. Blood spewed against Jonbonbon's face and chest. She didn't care.

"We're going to get you some help," Jonbonbon promised Storm. "You just hang on, okay? We're going to get you help."

"Help." Storm sighed. "I wasn't...a help...to anyone." Jonbonbon shook her head.

"That's not true," bsh1 said. He knelt next to Storm as well. YYW held one of his hands, but bsh1 placed his free hand on Storm's knee. "You helped me. Back at the Palace. Without you, there might not have been a me for YYW to save."

A ghostly smile flickered across Storm's lips. With an enormous effort, he rotated his neck to look at Jonbonbon again.

"Jonelle," he breathed. "I love you."

Jonbonbon lowered her head. The tears flowed freely now, down her cheek and over Storm's hand. "I love you too, Storm."

Storm released another rattling sigh and closed his eyes.

Jonbonbon let loose a shrill scream. "Is he...? Is he...?"

bsh1 felt for a pulse. He looked up at Jonbonbon. "We need to hurry," he said.

YYW tore off his shirt and handed it to Jonbonbon. "Try to mop up and bind his wounds. bsh1 and I will go look for help."

Jonbonbon nodded, and they departed, leaving her to wipe away the blood. "Hang in there, Storm," she whispered.

Bookworm encountered Zaradi at the entrance to the Palace.

The soldiers all around them were fleeing from the beast in the sky. Everyone ignored them entirely. Bookworm and Zaradi stared at each other. Then, nodding, they entered the throne room.

The place was a disaster. The large curtains that prominently bore the symbol of DDO lay strewn about the floor. Many were torn. One of them was on fire.

A jet of black magic hurled past them, missing Zaradi by inches. Bookworm gasped and stepped to the side. Her foot crushed something, and she glanced down to see the shattered remains of a blow dart.

In the center of the room, Ore_Ele was firing blast after blast at Linkish. kbub lay on the ground a ways off. There was a small blowgun in her hand. From what Bookworm could tell, she didn't appear to be breathing.

"Ore_Ele!" Zaradi's voice boomed throughout the room. Ore_Ele paused in his magical attacks. He turned to face Zaradi. He looked collected, composed, but Bookworm could see the mild hints of panic in his face.

"Zaradi," Ore_Ele's voice matched Zaradi's authority note for note. "I should have killed you that night."

"You will die here," Zaradi countered. "No should about it."

Ore_Ele smiled. "We shall see."

He turned - and saw Linkish directly before him, jagged blade raised high in the air. Bookworm saw him stiffen. Ore_Ele didn't have time to bring his hands around to cast a spell.

This is it, Bookworm thought excitedly! She hadn't thought anything could excite her after...after GCL, but she'd never actually thought this would work! They could do it! They could take down Ore_Ele!

Linkish lifted the blade with a sense of smug satisfaction. Ore_Ele was just turning to notice him. By the time he could successfully cast a spell to defend himself, it would be far too late.

His face broke into a grin of delight as the dagger flashed downward toward Ore_Ele's black heart. It was simply a stroke of good fortune that Zaradi had arrived as well. Linkish could attend to him next. As for Bookworm, well, he didn't really have anything against her. He had attempted to poison her, after all, but that was just business. He had no obligation to kill her, so he wouldn't.

He had no obligation to kill Ore_Ele either. This was simply for himself.

But as he lowered the dagger, a memory flashed in Linkish's mind.

"I think that what you do is wrong!" GCL shouted at him. "I think it's wrong for you to kill people!"

GCL...?

Linkish hesitated. The dagger's descent slowed for one second.

One fatal second.

Ore_Ele placed one palm against Linkish's chest and fired a burst of black magic directly into it. Linkish flew backwards, smashed into the wall of the throne, and crumpled to the ground.

Ore_Ele beckoned toward Zaradi.

"Now." He grinned. "Where were we?"
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:06:22 PM
1 Week Earlier

Airmax trudged solemnly into Oryus' room. He didn't cast his gaze around. He only had eyes for Oryus.

Oryus stood up. "Maxie? What's the matter?"

Oryus was as perceptive as always.

Airmax sighed. "I found the Spellmaster."

A grin brightened Oryus's features. "But that's great, Maxie! Did he agree to help you?" Airmax just nodded. He didn't trust himself to answer that verbally. Oryus bounded over to him. "Then don't look so glum! This is great! You can do something! You can save the Kingdom! Why, Maxie, you can - you can - what's wrong?" Oryus wiped a tear away from Airmax's cheek. "You're crying."

"I -" Airmax didn't know what to say. How could tell Oryus about the terrible cost? Could he even pay it? Was doing the right thing always so difficult? Was this even the right thing? Imabench had encouraged him - why? Surely the troll knew that the law would prohibit his favorite pastime. What did he hope to gain from this?

No. Airmax couldn't do it.

"You have responsibilities, Airmax." That's what Oryus had told him 3 weeks ago. And Oryus was correct. Airmax had a duty to the Kingdom. He wasn't just an ordinary citizen - he was a Moderator. The well-being of the Kingdom was his responsibility. He was supposed to put the put the Kingdom first.

Oryus continued searched Airmax's face. "You can tell me anything, Maxie."

Airmax spoke haltingly. "To save the Kingdom, I...there's a price." Oryus waited. The silence coaxed out an explanation better than any response could have. "I have to make a...sacrifice."

"What matters to you more?" Oryus had asked. "Their love? Or the quality of the Kingdom?"

Airmax faced his best friend. "I have to sacrifice...you."

As if by magic, the door to Oryus's bedroom shut.

Present Day

"What in Juggle's name is that?" President Mikal gasped, indicating the monster below. He looked on in horror as it fired into the crowd, killing DDOian and rebel together.

"That," Bladerunner announced smugly, "is called a helicopter."

"You're killing our men down there!" Mikal yelled.

"Your men, President. Not mine."

Mikal's eye twitched. "Tylergraham, kill him!"

Tylergraham turned toward Bladerunner, but before he could so much as move, Bladerunner had gripped him by the neck. He lifted Tylergraham effortlessly despite being far smaller than him. Tylergraham clawed at Bladerunner's hand. Bladerunner ignored him. As if he were throwing a tennis ball rather than a living person, Bladerunner hurled Tylergraham over the balcony.

His screams were barely audible over the helicopter. And then they weren't.

Mikal gaped. "You...you...you...."

Bladerunner wiped his hand on his coat, as if he'd touched something distasteful. Then he smiled at Mikal.

"It's been a pleasure, President." Bladerunner touched his wrist, and a second helicopter soared into view. Mikal felt the wind strike him again and again as it lowered toward the balcony. He retreated several steps, seeking the shelter offered by the Palace interior.

"Oh, I'm afraid not," Bladerunner mocked. The helicopter touched gently down behind him, and a pair of soldiers hopped out. Though they wore armor, it was the same white-and-blue color as Bladerunner's robes.

"TN05, Pots," Bladerunner said coldly. "Kindly escort President Mikal onboard, would you?" As the two soldiers approached Mikal, Bladerunner turned and entered the helicopter.

It was high time that the Practitioners of the Silver Arts demonstrated that they were the true masters of this world.

Airmax closed his eyes when the helicopter's blades were inches from his face.

If the shield didn't hold, perhaps, only perhaps, he would see Oryus again.

There was the sound of metal creaking, and Airmax felt something hot roll across his body. Something snapped, and Airmax's left cheek stung like mad. But he didn't dare shift his concentration. If the shield collapsed now, he would die.

There was a faint exclamation, and a rush of air chased away the heat. Airmax opened his eyes.

He was through! Below him were the armed forces, both rebel and DDO, still scattering about. The fighting was complete chaos. More people seemed in danger of being trampled to death than getting shot or stabbed. Airmax risked a glance backwards.

Above him, the helicopter was spiraling out of control. Flames leapt from the holes Airmax had made when he penetrated the metal. It resembled a very angry dragon, spouting fire at everything in its vicinity.

The helicopter completed two complete downward circles before crashing through the wall of the Palace.

Airmax slowed his descent. He was suddenly exhausted. But he couldn't rest yet. He had a duty to protect the Kingdom.

So when his feet touched the ground, Airmax remained standing. Soldiers all around him stared anxiously. Everyone waited to see what he would do. Airmax glanced around, seeing the carnage, seeing the fear and the hope. He saw GCL's body.

"The war," Airmax panted, "is over."

Zaradi turned to Bookworm with an arrogant glee lighting up his face.

"Bookworm," he said harshly. "Thank you. You were a useful tool, for me and the revolution."

Bookworm's mouth fell open. "Wha - I - Zaradi, you can't mean that!"

"A tool, Bookworm."

They stared at each other. Ore_Ele started cackling in the background.

"And he says he stands for justice!" Ore_Ele mimed wiping a tear of laughter from his eye. "Yet this is how he treats his followers! Oh, the irony!"

Bookworm lowered her gaze. "Is that all I was to you, Zaradi?" She turned toward the doors. She did not love Zaradi. She did not love anyone. Yet she could not understand why this betrayal hurt her so deeply. Perhaps it was because this had been the cause that had given her life meaning. And now Zaradi was pulling away the rug, saying it had all been for nothing. Was he so confident in his victory of Ore_Ele that he no longer needed her?

Very well then.

"For the rest of your life," Zaradi murmured quietly as Bookworm reached the door. She turned back at the words. Comprehension dawned on her face, but before she could move, Ore_Ele gestured, and the doors slammed shut in her face, locking her outside the throne room.

"You realize I'm going to hunt her down once I've killed you," Ore_Ele commented nonchalantly. "The radical elements plaguing the Kingdom must be eliminated."

Zaradi smiled. "You won't be killing me, Ore_Ele. You're weak from fighting kbub and Linkish."

Ore_Ele raised an eyebrow. "Even at my weakest, I'm superior to you at your strongest."

Zaradi reached behind him and unbuckled a sub-machine gun from his back. He brought it to bear on Ore_Ele. "Let's see about that."

He opened fire just as Ore_Ele conjured a shield. Each bullet rippled against the magical barrier and vanished into nothingness. Zaradi kept firing, spraying the area around Ore_Ele, forcing the Moderator to expend his energies maintaining the shield.

"You'll have to reload sometime," Ore_Ele hissed.

Zaradi knew this, too. In fact, that moment was only seconds away.

Then the gun clicked. Zaradi swore. Ore_Ele grinned.

And at that precise moment, a helicopter crashed into the throne room.

Far from the scene of the battle, YYW and bsh1 had found medical doctor NiamC and guided him back to the Church of Universal Faith. He and Jonbonbon were below, tending to OncomingStorm's injuries. bsh1 and YYW had decided to give them some privacy.

"I'm so glad you found me," bsh1 whispered, leaning in and kissing YYW on the lips.

"I will always find you," YYW whispered back, and he returned the kiss.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:06:39 PM
The interior of the throne room erupted in a blaze of fire, smoke, light, and heat.

Ore_Ele and Zaradi darted in opposite directions as visibility drained from the room. The acrid smoke inspired both to cough. Ore_Ele conjured a clean pocket of air for him to breathe. Zaradi didn't have such resources.

Blind and coughing, Zaradi staggered about. He released the gun, knowing it wouldn't help him in this situation. He was defenseless now, save for a small knife in his belt, which he now withdrew. Unlike Linkish's, it wouldn't provide him any protection from Ore_Ele's magic. His only chance was to find Ore_Ele before Ore_Ele found him.

Doing his best to avoid coughing, Zaradi crept toward the flaming, gutted carcass of the helicopter. It had landed near kbub's body. Whether or not it had hit her proved impossible to determine.

There! There was a footstep through the smoke. Zaradi prayed for the first time in his life as he hurled his knife directly at the sound.

Save for the crackling flames, all was silent.

Then the smoke parted to the sides like the Red Sea, and Ore_Ele appeared. The smoke lent him a hellish darkness. The flickering fire highlighted just the empty pools of blackness in his eyes.

In one gloved hand, he held Zaradi's knife.

Zaradi started to move, but Ore_Ele pointed at him, and suddenly Zaradi found himself dangling in the air, unable to breathe. It was as if there were an invisible hand squeezing his throat with a vice-like grip. He couldn't even move his hands to try and push away the presence.

A black mist, darker than darkness, began curling around Zaradi's feet.

"I told you this was how it would end," Ore_Ele said softly. The fire caused his shadow to leap throughout the room, appearing and disappearing amidst the smoke, as if possessed by a demon.

The mist reached Zaradi's knees.

"Such grand speeches you must have given," Ore_Ele mused. "Such a grand army you must have raised. But even the grandest of us die in the most pitiable ways."

The mist was at Zaradi's stomach now.

"Do you think it was worth it?" Ore_Ele asked. "All the lives? All the sacrifice? All to stop Airmax? He's a weak fool, you know."

Zaradi's chest was covered by the mist. Then his neck. Ore_Ele watched hungrily as the mist concealed Zaradi's mouth and nose. That didn't make much difference to Zaradi. He hadn't been able to breathe before anyway. He was feeling lightheaded.

"But I," Ore_Ele hissed. "I am immortal!"

Just before the mist covered Zaradi's eyes, he saw a flash movement against the darkness.

The mist stopped climbing.

Ore_Ele's mouth was open, but no words came forth. He looked down. Zaradi followed his gaze as best he could. There, protruding from Ore_Ele's chest, was Linkish's jagged dagger.

Linkish's face suddenly burst furth from the gloom. "I told you I would kill you, you sonofabitch!"

The blade withdrew from Ore_Ele's black heart.

The Moderator stepped forward. One hand covered the hole in his chest, as if that could somehow undo the damage. He gazed at Linkish in disbelief. Then his eyes rolled back in his head, and his mouth opened wider, and from the depths of Ore_Ele's soul burst wave after wave of darkness. The shadows pouring from his body devoured the smoke and fire already in the throne room. They thrashed against the walls and buffeted Linkish and Zaradi with the force of a hurricane. Zaradi fell to the ground, gasping for air.

Then, as quickly as the storm had begun, it ended. All the darkness in the room vanished. Zaradi lifted his head with an enormous effort.

Ore_Ele lay facedown on the ground. Linkish stood over him, still stunned by the violence of Ore_Ele's death. Slowly, however, he tilted his head to stare at Zaradi.

So this is how I die, Zaradi mused. How ironic.

Linkish stared at Zaradi. The man was dying already. Even Linkish could see that. Though, from the way Zaradi stared at him, it looked as though he were totally unaware of that fact. Ore_Ele had crushed Zaradi's chest cavity. It was only a matter of minutes until Zaradi died.

Killing him now would be a mercy.

Linkish wasn't a man prone to mercy.

Saluting Zaradi with the dagger, Linkish turned and ran from the throne room. Zaradi watched him go, perplexed, but too tired to deal with the mystery. He was tired. So tired. His eyes slowly drifted shut.

The Kingdom of DDO stood victorious.

Sure, the Palace had sustained heavy damage in the battle, as had the market square and the surrounding areas. But DDO's spirit had survived intact. And for this, its citizens could not be more grateful.

The Edb8 soldiers and rebels had surrendered after Airmax's appearance. Most of them were now in prison, awaiting trial. Many were unaccounted for. Pitbull, Daytona, Seventh, Romanii, and Bookworm were all nowhere to be found. President Mikal had gone missing as well. General Lannan had said he'd last seen Mikal and Ore_Ele with a Practitioner named Bladerunner. Aside from that, Lannan hadn't left the site of his father's grave.

OncomingStorm had been moved to a full-fledged hospital. He was still in critical condition. Jonbonbon hadn't left his bedside. bsh1 and YYW dropped in on a daily basis. Hope for his recovery was slim, at best.

YYW and bsh1, in the hopes of sparking a little positivity back into the Kingdom, announced that their wedding date was set to occur next month.

With Ore_Ele's death, Airmax had become the sole Moderator of the Kingdom. There was still a significant amount of work to be done. The rebellion had left the Kingdom weakened, limping. Airmax knew had to oversee a period of healing. To that end, he had announced plans to construct a memorial in the Palace Square, a monument to the dead, all of them, whether rebel or DDOian. Death unites all people.

kbub. CP. XLAV. Cermank. Zaradi. Tylergraham. Crypto. TUF. Ore_Ele. Thett.

As he etched GCL's name onto the monument, Airmax couldn't help but feel that Oryus would have been proud.

Linkish had vanished into whatever underground depths hired hands know. Nobody had seen him at all since the battle, and indeed, nobody living had even seen him at the battle.

The Battle for DDO would go down in history. What mattered know, the survivors knew, was the future.

Granted, it was an uncertain future. But the darkest period of the night had passed. In these hours before sunrise lay the time to construct a better future. A better world. A golden era of peace and prosperity, of liberty and justice for all.

Unknown to the residents of the Kingdom of DDO, this period of darkness was not dawn but dusk.

The night was yet to come.

Bookworm sat alone in her house.

Many people had come by looking for her, but she hadn't been there then. She had only just stopped in to gather what few belongings mattered most to her.

She couldn't stop thinking about Zaradi. About GCL. About everyone she lost. What was the world but a thief? It always robbed people of those who mattered most. Why had Zaradi sent her away? Why?

"What?" Bookworm scoured the room. "Who said that?"

A friend.

"I don't need any of those, thanks."
A friend who won't leave you. A friend that understands the world for what it really is.

Bookworm paused. "And what is the world?"

Hell.

"I suppose it is," Bookworm agreed. Anyone who had seen the world's truths knew that much.

Hell is pain, the voice said. Let us end it.

"And how would you do that?"

With the darkening.

"Show me," Bookworm replied. "Show me this...darkening."

It is the fate of all things, the voice hissed. A sudden gust of air washed over Bookworm, and she saw nothing but darkness. Absolute darkness.

END OF SEASON 1
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:07:29 PM
NOW you may post.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Thank you so, so much to everyone whose shown support! It's been an outstanding journey travelling with you all, and I can't wait for season 2!

Lots of love!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:16:15 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:07:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
NOW you may post.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Thank you so, so much to everyone whose shown support! It's been an outstanding journey travelling with you all, and I can't wait for season 2!

Lots of love!
This is long. Reading now. :D
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:24:06 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:04:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Here we are! The season finale! It's been a wild ride. It's been a great one. Thank you all for your support! It really means a lot to me.

E17: http://www.debate.org......

Your links are bogus. The last few.

A wild grin danced across Imabench's face as he pushed aside the stone slab concealing the exit of his secret entrance.

He emerged in the Palace dungeon. They kept all sorts of miscreants in here. Spammers. Trolls. Frequenters of the Pollust. And more dangerous criminals, too. Thieves. Villains. Murderers. Rebels.

Imabench continued grinning as he walked past cell after cell. It had been their own stupidity that led to them getting captured. If they had been like him, well...if they'd been as smart as him, he'd have had to kill them.

Imabench paused outside kbub's cell. She was sitting with her back to the wall, staring down at the floor. The flickering torches would have only afforded Imabench a weak glance, but due to the troll in his blood, Imabench had better eyesight than most. He could see exactly how broken kbub's body looked.

But that was just her body. Her spirit was another matter.

kbub lifted her head slowly, sensing his presence. "Who's there?" She croaked. Imabench considered his plans. Then, shrugging, he dropped a small key through the bars of kbub's cell and continued walking. kbub called out after him, but he didn't turn around.
o_O

After all, the show was beginning.
Kbub'll be free?... hmm...

Romanii couldn't find Seventh anywhere.
SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU INSOLENT, CRUEL, CHEATING BASTARD!!!:
He had made it to the Philosopher's Bridge by the time the bells started ringing. Romanii had discarded them entirely. He knew what they meant, but they weren't important right now. What was important was finding Seventh. What would happen then, he didn't know. But the most complex plans bring about the most disastrous falls. Better to take things one step at a time.
YOU DON'T DESERVE HER YOU TWO-TIMING HILLBILLY:
Romanii had left the Philosopher's Bridge and entered the abandoned section of the Kingdom. Once ruled by the Church of Universal Faith, it had fallen into a portrait of decay since Juggle's arrival over a decade ago. Seventh didn't have a strong connection to the area, but it was a good place to go to be alone.

Romanii, however, was not alone.

Someone advanced toward him through the rain. Squinting, he made out a bright yellow scarf.

"Jonbonbon?"

Then something cracked against his head, and everything went dark.

MWAHAHAHAHA [I feel a little bad] BUT YOU DESERVED THAT YOU BASTARD!!!
The only way this'll be better is if SEVENTH did it to you!

Jonbonbon kept her gun pointed steadily at Romanii. A gust of wind grabbed her scarf and, unable to tear it from her neck, caused it to dance in the wind. Romanii stopped moving.

"Jonbonbon?" He called out.

Jonbonbon started to lower her gun when Romanii suddenly stiffened and fell over. Quickly, she adjusted her aim to the figure standing over Romanii. The figure bent over for a moment, took something from the body, and stood back up.

It was YYW.
Boo. Why couldn't it be SEV?!

"You're one of them too," he called out. Even from where she stood, Jonbonbon saw him sink into a fighting stance. "I won't forgive that."
BOOHOO! YOU CAPTURED KBUB! AND WAS MEAN TO THETT!

"I'm not!" Jonbonbon insisted. But YYW didn't appear to be listening. He inched closer to her.

"It's no use!" YYW said. "Thett...Thett told me. He's here."
After you destroyed his ego and heart you jerk.

"I know," Jonbonbon called back. "YYW, they have Storm too!"

YYW paused in his advance.

"I'm here to rescue Storm," Jonbonbon continued. "Not to stop you from saving bsh1."

YYW straightened from his crouch. He nodded curtly. "Let's go then."

Hmmm... What if they both die? Then maybe Jon & YYW... nah.

Within ten minutes, the pair had arrived at the Church. It was as Jonbonbon had expected. Zaradi had already arrived and departed with his troops.

"There might still be guards around," Jonbonbon warned. "Do you have a weapon?"

YYW held up the knife he'd taken from Romanii.

Jonbonbon nodded. "He'll want that back."

"He can have it when I'm done," YYW said. "I'll apologize to him then. Right now, though...let's get bsh1."
Aww. He only knocked romanii out. I'll leave it to you to figure out if this "Aww" means unhappiness or swooning for his kindness.

WILL COMMENT MORE IN A FEW MINS
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:32:12 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:04:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The church was empty. That emptiness lent a vastness to the building that felt oppressive, alien. There were no pews, no books, not even an altar. There was only a small staircase in the back that led down. Jonbonbon pointed to it. But before she or YYW could move, footsteps sounded from the stairs, and Daytona and Silence appeared. They spotted YYW and Jonbonbon instantly.

Silence and Jonbonbon drew their guns simultaneously. Daytona unsheathed a wicked, curved blade. Brandishing it, he marched toward YYW.

"Look what we have here," he crowed. "A rescue mission."

"Leave now, Daytona," YYW growled, gripping his knife.

"I don't think so," Daytona responded, shaking his head mockingly.
His ego and pride might very well be death of him.

Jonbonbon shifted her aim to him. Silence took that moment to fire. The bullet hit Jonbonbon in the shoulder and sent her spinning around.
NOOOOOO JONELLE

DAMMIT. NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her aim went wide, peppering the Church with bullet holes. She screamed as a thousand flaming daggers tore into her shoulder again and again.

Daytona sprang at YYW, who waited until the last possible second before sidestepping Daytona's blade and thrusting with his knife. But Daytona moved faster than YYW thought possible, and his knife met only empty air. Daytona elbowed YYW's back, sending him staggering forward. YYW turned to face his opponent, clutching his knife before him. Daytona swung his blade in lazy circles, smiling invitingly.

Silence aimed his gun at YYW, but Daytona waved him down.
*rolls eyes*
Could've ended it sooner you brute.

"He's mine," Daytona said, still smiling. "YYW's long been an agent of the Evil Queen's tyranny." YYW didn't respond to the jibe. He kept his eyes on Daytona's sword.

Jonbonbon fired from the ground. Her shot hit Silence in the leg and sent him toppling. But despite the fall and pain, Silence didn't wait around. He gripped the railing of the staircase and more-or-less flung himself down, out of range. Jonbonbon swore as she stood and hobbled over to follow him.
oH GEEZ.

She cast a last glance over her shoulder at YYW and Daytona before following Silence into the darkness below.

The bells were what saved Airmax.

The demons of his conscience had surrounded him on all sides. He had been drowning in his sorrow and Oryus' blood. But when he heard the bells, his mind snapped back to the present.
Aww. Poor Maxy.

The Kingdom of DDO was in danger. It was his sworn duty to defend it. That was his purpose as a Moderator. Airmax had always tried his best to live up to such a task. Even if it meant doing something unpopular. Even if it meant doing something...wrong. He had a duty. Not just to the Kingdom, but to the brave men and women who had sacrificed their lives against Fluffy's horde to establish it. And he had a duty to himself.

Airmax spread his arms and floated off the balcony. He began a slow, graceful descent toward the fighting below. He had to put an end to it. But as he got lower, he saw someone climbing onto the roof of a house overlooking the battle. That someone began shouting, and he recognized her instantly. It was GCL.

Aww Marie.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:35:49 PM
NOW you may post.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Lots of love!

That was amazing :D
11/10

Will I be making an appearance in Season 2?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:37:40 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:04:39 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"STOP!" GCL cried. "EVERYONE, STOP FIGHTING!"

Her words rang out across the square. The strength of her own volume impressed her. The soldiers closest to her stopped to turn toward her. Others continued fighting. GCL mustered her energy and yelled again.
GO MA!

Curse her, CP thought. She's going to ruin everything. Lannan had stopped to contemplate GCL as well, so CP reluctantly lowered his weapon, though he did not ease his grip.
Die CP.

"PLEASE, STOP!" GCL hollered again. By this point, nearly every soldier, whether on the side of DDO or the rebellion, had lowered their arms. It was truly a strange sight to behold, and one none but GCL could have caused. Innocent sincerity hummed in every syllable she spoke.
That charisma.

"This fighting is wrong!" GCL spoke once she felt she could no longer contain her feelings. She was not naturally gifted in oration or rhetoric. GCL did not speak from a standpoint of persuasion or manipulation. She spoke from a heart that knew little of darkness or cynicism.
Aww Ma.

"We are all children of Juggle," she said. "We are all rational beings capable of empathy. We don't need to do such horrible deeds!"
Except RM. And romanii.

"Our world has seen enough of violence! The Rune Wars, the Dark Plague - let it end! How can we live like kings yet slaughter like animals?" GCL waved her hands about frantically. "Have any of you even tried to have a peaceful resolution? Has anyone thought about what Juggle would want? Has anyone thought about what you yourself would want?"

"We don't have to fight," she repeated. "Nobody else has to die!"

A thunderclap followed her words, as if the heavens themselves applauded the sentiment. GCL's chest heaved, and she gulped in rain-stricken air.

Not a soldier stirred below her. She waited. They would drop their guns now, surely! Their guns, their swords, their spears and hatchets and other tools of killing! Closing her eyes, GCL reached into the depths of her soul and pulled out a quotation from the Scarlet Bible.
Aww Ma.

"And know ye that men set against men shall not find justice nor salvation but vengeance. For as they smote one another on the hills, so shall I smite them and bar them from grace."

GCL opened her eyes.

Linkish had just finished rappelling to the second floor of the Palace. As he had suspected, it was deserted. Everyone was either on the first floor preparing for battle or hiding out in safe rooms. Still, it was better to err on the safe side. So rather than simply smash through the window, Linkish began slowly cutting away the glass.

The process took about three minutes. He could hear GCL jabbering away. He forced himself to tune her out. He couldn't be distracted. Not now. Not when Ore_Ele was so close.

There. The job was done. Linkish smiled as he gently lifted the glass from the frame and slid into the newly made hole. He landed lightly on his feet and straightened up.

The room appeared to be a low-level bedroom. It was entirely too blue - blue rug, blue bed, blue walls - and lacked any distinctive lavishness. That didn't particularly matter to Linkish. He crept up to the door and set his ear against it.

Nothing.

He eased the door open and crack and swept his gaze throughout the hall. Not a soul in sight. Excellent.

Linkish slipped out of the bedroom and padded off down the hall. He wasn't far from the throne room now. Down this flight of stairs and - there! Linkish leaned against the heavy, wooden door. He could hear voices. And one of them was Ore_Ele's.

Taking a deep breath, Linkish opened the door.

GO LINKISH!!!

"What do you mean, we shall see?" President Mikal's curiosity draped across his face, as obvious as the Palace was. "Are you challenging my Moderator?"

Ore_Ele bristled at the thought of being called Mikal's Moderator, but, as per his training, he displayed the emotion of a Stoic.

"I think it's time," Bladerunner said after a moment, "that I showed you power beyond your wildest dreams." He raised his right arm to his mouth and spoke to his wrist. "Bring it down."

From outside, over the sound of thunder and rain, came a loud whirring noise.

"What is it?" Mikal demanded. "What is that?"

"You'll see shortly." Bladerunner turned to Ore_Ele. "If you'd be so kind as to teleport us to the uppermost balcony."

Ore_Ele warped Mikal there first, before the President could even speak. Tylergraham glowered, so Ore_Ele sent him next. Ore_Ele had just directed his attention to Bladerunner when the door to the right of the throne burst open, and Linkish the Assassin entered the room.

Linkish raised a jagged dagger and pointed it at Bladerunner. "I have no quarrel with you," he growled. "Depart."

Bladerunner didn't seem the slightest bit phased. He rubbed his lapel and turned back to Ore_Ele.

"To Mikal, if you don't mind."

Ore_Ele warped him away. He'd been halfway tempted to kill Bladerunner in the process, but he decided against it. He had more immediate issues.

Ore_Ele turned magnanimously to Linkish. "I see you survived. A mistake I won't make again."

"You won't be making any mistakes again," Linkish countered.

Ore_Ele smirked. "Really? And what are you going to do about...this?" As he spoke, Ore_Ele raised a gloved palm and sent a burst of black lightning zinging toward Linkish's chest. Linkish held the danger before him. The magic collided with it and bounced off, shooting harmlessly into the wall.

Linkish lowered the dagger and smiled. "I'm an assassin, Ore_Ele. I know how to deal with magic."

"A mythril blade won't save you," Ore_Ele said calmly. "You're taking on the most powerful Moderator in the Kingdom. That, assassin, is your last mistake."

And with that, Ore_Ele attacked.
oH GoD.

Bookworm climbed up onto the roof behind GCL.

Even from the back, GCL looked as angelic as she did from the front. Bookworm couldn't help but admire the girl's courage. There she was, boldly exposing herself to two fighting armies and trying to convince them not to kill one another.

Bookworm spared a glance down into the streets. The men and women in the square and around the Palace had stopped battling, but she could see Zaradi and a fresh troop of rebels advancing toward the square. Once he arrived, all pandemonium would break loose. Zaradi hadn't been there to hear GCL's speech, and Bookworm doubted he would have cared even if he had.
oBVIously. Zaradi is much like Zero.

"Violence is the way of the world," she muttered to herself. In her mind's eye, she saw Jifpop again. He'd been frantic when she walked into his newspaper store, sure, but he'd looked almost happy to see her. And she, in turn, had plunged a knife into his chest. How had he looked then?
He had to die.

And then she thought of Romanii, and how he treated Seventh, and that not all violence was physically wounding.
Kill him.

Shouting echoed throughout the streets below as the forces of DDO noticed Zaradi's attack. GCL's intervention was annihilated in less than a second as a barrage of gunfire slew another dozen soldiers.
Oh gosh. Poor Marie. Someone move her out of there!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:40:46 PM
OH MY F*CKING GOD.

YOU KILLED MARIE. YOU KILLED GCL. OUT OF ALL THE BLOODY PEOPLE, >>>>.<<<<

*sighs*

Okay- *breathes in and out*

She's with Juggle now, Annie. She's happy there. She won't have to deal with the fighting and bloodshed now.

--

"NO!" GCL shrieked. She turned rapidly, and, on the slick and slippery rooftop, already wet from rain, her feet slid out from under her. Her wide eyes locked onto Bookworm, and it seemed as though her windmilling arms turned in Bookworm's direction. Bookworm felt her body running forward even as her mind screamed that she couldn't make it in time.

As usual, the body didn't care. As usual, the mind was right.

GCL's fall seemed almost graceful. Her hair splayed out behind her as if to cushion the impact. Her arms extended outwards, as if in preparation for an embrace. Even her face radiated a serene calm despite her situation.

A thunderclap blotted out the sound the body made.

None of the other soldiers even noticed, so engaged were they in the oldest business of humanity. Only Bookworm saw that beautiful body and the hideous angle at which its neck lay.

Stupid GODDAMN rain. Stupid people. All of them. (Except Sev)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:46:22 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:05:09 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"It's beautiful," Thett said.

"Yes," Royal answered simply.

"You're beautiful," Thett said.

"Yes." Royal smiled. "I suppose I am."
Luv her already. Dat sass.

5 Weeks After That (Or 13 Weeks Earlier)

"You made a deal with me, Royal."

"I know. I've regretted it ever since."

"I really do not care about your personal feelings. We have a contract. You will give me what you promised."

"I owe you nothing."

"If that is what you must tell yourself to be at peace. But I will come when the date draws near."

"I'll tell Thett. We'll be rid of you."

"By all means. Let him know. Of course, I will simply have to kill him."

"You're a monster."

"Knowledge is dangerous."

"Please. Please don't make me. I'll give you anything else! Anything else!"

"But you have nothing else I want. When did you start showing symptoms?"

"A month ago."

"Try again."

"Three months ago."

"Excellent. I will find you in six months then."

"Please...."

"Goodbye, Royal."

I KNEW IT. I SO F*CKING CALLED IT. NOOOOOOO THETT. BLADERUNNER, BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE IF YOU'RE SO DAMN POWERFUL!

Present Day

kbub crept up the stairs leading to the throne room.

Hunger clawed at her stomach, and her limbs ached. Her head pounded. Her body complained with every breath she took. She wanted nothing more than to fall into a soft bed and sleep for the next three days. But first she had to escape.

What had Imabench been thinking, giving her the keys? What could the Lord of Trolls possibly be planning?

Thinking about it just made her headache worse. So she pushed him out of her mind for now and focused on climbing each stair as it came. It was a taxing process. kbub was out of breath when she reached the large wooden door. Now all she had to do was get through the throne room and the main foyer, and she'd be outside the Palace. Simple.

Hmph. If only.

kbub pushed open the door and froze at the sight that greeted her.

Linkish was crouched behind the throne, clutching a jagged dagger and nursing his right shoulder. Ore_Ele advanced toward the throne, holding his gloved hands out before him.

"I told you it was useless," Ore_Ele said coldly. "You're going to die in here, Linkish. How does that feel?"

Warmth flooded into kbub's body. She possessed a strength she hadn't known existed. Her fatigue and pain were helpless before this righteous tide. Here stood Ore_Ele, Moderator, dictator.

kbub's reason fled her as well. He was the oppressor.

"DOWN WITH TYRANNY!" She shouted before rushing directly toward Ore_Ele. He turned toward her, lifted a hand in her direction - and Linkish sprung from behind the throne! Ore_Ele vanished into a cloud of black smoke. Linkish landed at the spot where he had been standing. He cursed.

Ore_Ele reappeared on the far side of the throne room. "Is this your backup, Linkish? A worn-out, helpless prisoner?"

"Can you fight?" Linkish hissed to kbub from the corner of his mouth. She nodded. Linkish reached into the pouch at his waist and tossed kbub a blowgun. She caught it awkwardly, fumbling around for a few seconds, but she never dropped it. Linkish gave her one last bit of advice. "Then fight."

She nodded again, and together, the two of them marched on Ore_Ele.

BOOYAH. DOWN WITH TYRANNY!

bsh1 looked up as the sound of something crashing down the stairs grew louder. He and OncomingStorm traded glances. He'd thought he'd heard gunfire from above, but he hadn't been certain. Now, though, someone was definitely coming.

The door was flung open, and Silence hopped into view. bsh1 immediately noted the blood covering his other leg. Silence kept it in the air as he neared bsh1. bsh1 felt a chill run down his spine. Was he about to die? Here, without YYW ever knowing what had happened to him?
I actually wonder if he dies... what'll... hmmm

But Silence simply leaned against the wall. bsh1 noticed that he kept his gun pointed toward the door, as if expecting more company. Sure enough, he could hear someone else descending the stairs.

If Silence was injured, and worried, then that meant only one thing. Someone had come to rescue them!

"We're here!" OncomingStorm shouted into the darkness. "We're here, and he's standing by -!"

Silence turned and fired two bullets right into OncomingStorm's abdomen. Storm's shout turned into a gurgle as blood rushed into his mouth. His free hand flailed wildly around the injured area while his shackled hand desperately strained against its bonds, as if he thought that by having both hands free, he could somehow undo the damage.
I knew Oncoming would die. He usually does.

bsh1 was too stunned to even scream. He stared up at Silence, rage slowly overtaking his shock. He noted the gleam of surprise in Silence's eye but discarded it. What did it matter if the man was shocked by what he'd just done? The fact remained that he had. And bsh1 could be next!

There was more motion by the stairs, and Jonbonbon appeared. She, too, wielded a small handgun. She paused at the edge of the darkness. She couldn't see Silence from her position but, with her back to the torchlights along the stairs, he could see her.

Silence quietly shifted away from the wall to get a clear shot. The motion brought him slightly closer to bsh1.

Jonbonbon glanced both left and right. bsh1 could see her uncertainty. It betrayed her with every breath. Silence aimed carefully and took a deep breath.

In the lightning instant before he fired, bsh1 realized what he had to do.

Gathering himself, bsh1 kicked out with all his might. His foot connected with Silence's injured leg. The man spun around, howling in pain. His own shot went wide.

Jonbonbon snapped her head around to stare in the direction of the sound. She advanced steadily, gun held before her.

Silence was still howling. Somehow he managed to make it to a wall without losing his balance. His face was still contorted with pain, but he lifted the gun to aim at bsh1. bsh1 had known this might happen when he acted. He'd accepted it then. How could it be that, in the span of a few seconds, he could suddenly reject the idea of death?
Aww.

Silence's grimace of pain morphed into an almost mournful expression. He shook his head sadly at bsh1.

"You don't have to do it," bsh1 said. He forced himself not to glance at OncomingStorm. "You can put your gun down, right now. I promise you I can get you a fair trial."
Lies.

The words recalled his debate on attorney-client privilege two years ago. That was the night he'd first met YYW.

"It's strange," bsh1 remembered telling YYW two years ago. "You're just too perfect. Not that that's a bad thing," he blushed, "but it just seems...I don't know...different. Not bad different, you know, just different different." He hated how nervous and idiotic he sounded. But YYW just gazed at him encouragingly, so bsh1 continued. "How is it that we can match together like this?"

"I think," YYW had breathed into his ear, "that it's because our love is our future,"
Love is overrated.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:50:49 PM
This was really good dude. I hope my story gets resolved...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 5:51:39 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:05:33 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Seventh made it to her house unmolested.

She bolted the door behind her and, without bothering to move further, slid to the ground and buried her face in her hands. GCL's presence had helped keep the pain at bay, but now that she was alone, it returned in full force. And what force it had! The army of DDO, the rebels - none of them held a candle to the strength of the heart. In times of peace, the heart is the greatest defender of love. It is an invulnerable warrior, an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

And it was at war with Seventh.

What was the war outside, compared to the one within?

Seventh wished she'd stayed with GCL. But it was too late to go back now. It was too late for everything.

Seventh's eyes dimmed. Was there a point to anything? Even the cause she and Romanii had finally pledged themselves to felt distant and unimportant. Such philosophical theories like justice and tyranny - what did they really matter? They were lofty goals. They never descended to the realm of reality.
MOVE ON!!! Omg. DON'T HOLD YOURSELF UP OVER HIM!!!

Even with the rain outside, it seemed to Seventh that her house was darker than normal.
If you commit suicide, I will revive you and kill you myself.

Seventh lifted her head an inch. "Hello?"

Nobody answered. Seventh was alone.

Then, a masquerade of lies and betrayal.

Seventh lifted her head all the way. "Who's there?" She was sure she'd heard a voice this time.

So many masks, and behind all of them, deceit.

"Who are you?" Seventh still didn't rise, but her panic did.

Relax, the voice consoled. I'm here to help you.

Seventh wanted to ask the voice to identify itself again, but the desire soon passed from her mind. It didn't really matter anyway. If an intruder had broken into her house, so what? Maybe he'd kill her.

You've seen their masks. Justice. Tyranny. Good. Evil. And you know them for what they are. Mirrors of mist and rivers of fog. Contortionists of the truth.

"We were never together," Seventh said. "Were we?"

Questions, questions, hissed the voice. Submit to the darkening.

"The darkening?"

The end of questions. The end of pain.

"I don't know what you mean."

Relax. Everything will be fine. I promise.

"No pain?"

A sealed heart.

Seventh nodded. A wave of darkness descended across her face, and she lost consciousness.

Omg. wtf

General Lannan and CP crossed blades.

DUN DUN DUN

CP tested Lannan's blade. It didn't move an inch.

He'd long imaged being reunited with his son. He'd mapped out a thousand and one scenarios. This was not one of them. Never, even in his nightmares, did he imagine he would end up facing his son on the battlefield.
AWW.

His resolve didn't waver, but he felt it war with the paternal instincts within him. And then a new thought crossed CP's brain.

Ore_Ele.

This was all Ore_Ele's fault! He'd taken Lannan away as a young boy and impressed him into the army! He'd brainwashed Lannan. He was to blame for this! And it was then that CP decided to do whatever was necessary to take his son alive. He could not strike him down, even in the name of justice.

"You've betrayed everything, father," Lannan said. He slid his blade forward; CP simply stepped back. The two swords were free of one another now.
Oh stfu & gtfo

"You've lost your way, Lannan," CP returned. He stepped to the right, noting with faint approval that Lannan instantly adjusted his position.

"You always were a coward," Lannan replied, keeping his sword before his body.

CP stopped, shaking his head in disbelief. "I've told you over and over, Lannan, a good soldier -"

Lannan lunged mid-sentence, and CP barely managed to parry in time.
Coward

"I am a good soldier," Lannan hissed. He swung again, and the battle was on.
Die.

CP feinted a few times, trying to gauge his son's reactions. Lannan swiped at the first two but quickly realized what his father was doing and stopped taking the bait. Lannan kept his distance for a while before moving in with simple jabs and cuts. CP easily dodged or parried those. One time, he even saw an opening for a riposte, but the blow would have been fatal.

He had registered GCL's fall, of course. He'd seized it as an opportunity to resume the battle. He wished the poor girl had stayed away, but he didn't have the time to mourn her now. Lannan required all his focus. His son had grown into a fine commander.

An alien whirring sound reached his ears.

Of one mind, CP and Lannan looked up. There, in the sky, was a monster. CP had never seen anything like it before. It looked like an angry creature. Twin blades rotated rapidly over its head, and there were smaller blades, also revolving, on its tail.

The creature hovered over the battlefield, studying each soldier in turn. CP recognized a large gun mounted on the creature's underbelly. A feeling of despair rose up from deep within him.

Then the gun began firing. Soldier after soldier fell in a cry of terror and a spray of blood. All desire to flight deserted CP. One thought dominated all others - protect his son.

As the gunfire raced toward them, CP ran forward and tackled his son to the ground. Something pierced his stomach, and he grit his teeth from the pain. Then they were on the ground. Lannan stared at his father with wide eyes.

"Father - why?" He whispered.

CP coughed. "Lannan...you're a fine soldier."

CP's stomach exploded in waves of agony. Liquid pooled up in his throat and mouth. The flames of justice in his eyes dimmed to coals. For when he had lunged forward to protect his son, CP had inadvertently dived onto Lannan's sword.

A last wisp of smoke emitted from the coals in his eyes and then was extinguished.

Omg... The feels... the tears... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

"NO!" Airmax screamed at seeing GCL topple from the roof. He reached for her, as though his hand could span the distance between them in a second. From that hand, he fired a spell that would teleport her to safety. But it failed to reach her in time.
It was her time to reunite with Juggle.

He closed his eyes just before she hit the ground.

GCL...why? Why did it have to be her? She deserved to live more than anyone else he knew. Why her?
Ikr. Endark is such a ... ugh... meanie.

Airmax heard rather than saw the fighting begin anew. He couldn't bring himself to look. Oryus and GCL and everything - was it all his fault? All this because he wanted justice? Civility? Was it really even worth it?
Aww.

Airmax forced himself to focus. He couldn't lose himself now. He needed to rein in his emotions.

Airmax allowed his magic to flow through him. He would not allow GCL's death to be in vain. He had to bring an end to this war, and if that meant fighting the Practitioners too, then so be it.
Good.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:06:36 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:35:49 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
NOW you may post.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Lots of love!

That was amazing :D
11/10

Will I be making an appearance in Season 2?

Thank you so much! <3
It's certainly possible.... :)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:06:55 PM
Daytona is such an idiot, but it was kind of him to let YYW go down there.

I think YYW might die with bsh if they do.

AWW. Someone help storm!

"You will die here," Zaradi countered. "No should about it."

"No doubt about it," I think you meant. ;-)

Love always, the grammar nazi!

That 1 second. *sighs*

Omg... Max... Oryus...

GO BLADE!!!

Yay Max!!!

---

THE SCENE. THE SCENE WITH KALLEN AND LELOUCH/ZERO!!! YOU REENACTED IT!!! BOOKWORM YOU BLOODY MORON!!!

---

YES LINKISH!!! [How are you not dead?!]

---

Bookworm sat alone in her house.
You're an idiot. Die.

Many people had come by looking for her, but she hadn't been there then. She had only just stopped in to gather what few belongings mattered most to her.

She couldn't stop thinking about Zaradi. About GCL. About everyone she lost. What was the world but a thief? It always robbed people of those who mattered most. Why had Zaradi sent her away? Why?
He didn't send you away. You stupidly went away when if you stayed, he might be alive right now.

"What?" Bookworm scoured the room. "Who said that?"

A friend.

what the actual fork
"I don't need any of those, thanks."

A friend who won't leave you. A friend that understands the world for what it really is.
Interesting...

Bookworm paused. "And what is the world?"

Hell.

"I suppose it is," Bookworm agreed. Anyone who had seen the world's truths knew that much.

Hell is pain, the voice said. Let us end it.
wtf
"And how would you do that?"

With the darkening.

"Show me," Bookworm replied. "Show me this...darkening."

It is the fate of all things, the voice hissed. A sudden gust of air washed over Bookworm, and she saw nothing but darkness. Absolute darkness.

... I have no more words...

w. t. f.

END OF SEASON 1

Excellent. Now I'm done.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:08:59 PM
At 10/10/2014 5:50:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
This was really good dude. I hope my story gets resolved...

Thank you, Thett!

And I should hope I resolve it too. Otherwise, what kind of writer would I be? XD
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:49:47 PM
As promised, your thematic analysis my love...

Thematic issues:
-Love
We see love as a common issue through-out the story, whether it be with BYours or Sevanii or Bonboncoming. We see the effect of love on an individual- YYW dropped his work and everything to find bsh.
CP was willing to give up his life to save his son, despite them being on different sides of the war.

-Heartbreak
-Seventh- Despite logic and reason, Sev was willing to moronically end her life because of a broken heart, EVEN though she may be extremely useful to the rebellion.
-Thett- We see thett as a "hopeless romantic" but with a slight to it - his love lives never work out - whether it be with Royal or YYW. (I so called Royal being preggers tho. #like-ah-baus)
-YYW- He dropped everything to find bsh, even scarring and wounding mentally and emotionally, his friend thett like a complete and utter arsehole.
-GCL- The pain of watching people die fueled her and made her stronger to fight to stop people from fighting.

-Dreams and aspirations/Rebellion
-We see Zaradi, CP etc fighting for their resistance, to prove their point. We see Bookworm killing Jifpop for her cause.
-We also see heartbreak causing Seventh to leave romanii behind, and as well the resistance.
-We see Lannan aspiring to be a great soldier.
-We see Zaradi attempting to set right and take down the tyranny of DDO.
-We see Bookworm saying that Zaradi would not have been phased by GCL's heart-warming speech because of his steadfast, stubborn thirst for the satisfaction of Ore's blood, and justice.

-Sacrifice
-Max- We see Max sacrificing his love, and best friend, for the betterment of DDO. This couldn't have been hard, and has to be why Ore_Ele and other authoritative figures look down upon him - for being "weak" (remorseful and lonely) in the aftermath of her passing.
-Zaradi- We see him sacrificing his soldiers for his cause. We also see him telling off Bookworm in the chamber-room, that she was just his pawn, which she foolishly believed, and blinded by emotion, almost left and got locked out. Obviously, this shows his care for her - that he was willing to fight Ore alone, and that he didn't want her to be there, in the room, if he did lose against Ore_Ele.
This actually contradicts Daytona's actions in the Church, which'll be discussed in the next major point.
-Royal- She clearly love(s/d) thett but for some unknown reason had to leave him because someone wants their child. This couldn't have been easy for her, as it seems she did truly love thett.
-CP- Although on separate sides of the war, he was willing to sacrifice himself to save his son. This shows the extent of father-son love.
-Oncoming & bsh- We see him willing to scream, knowing what might be the consequences to get help for him and bsh. We also see bsh kicking Silence to protect Jonelle so she could shoot Silence, even though bsh would probably die.
-GCL- We see GCL standing up to all sides of the battle to stop the fighting, the good-heart-ed pacifist that she is.

-Bravery and cowardice / Role of egos in battle
Bravery:
-Zaradi and his soldiers- standing up against an order. Knowing when to stop and be smart - sending Bookworm out of harm's way, just in case he couldn't defeat Ore.
-GCL- Standing up to not only the army of above-mentioned order, but an entire rebellion, an entire society, amidst chaos, ruin, bloodshed and death. Amongst anguish, pain and possible impending death.
-YYW- went to find bsh
-Daytona- Much like YYW's egotistical approach to kbub, when capturing her, Daytona had too much of a hard-headed ego to just let Silence shoot him, and end it all right then.
HOWEVER, he let YYW go to bsh, which was surprising on my part... And a bit kind. I could've sworn there might be some trap. His story is not over here. He craves the thirst of power, of being in charge.
-Jonelle & Kbub- GIRLPOWER Bishes (lol bsh sry <3). Both strong, independent young ladies knew what they wanted to fight for, and were willing to die fighting for it.
-Max- Willing to die saving DDO, and in GCL's name. His story is moving. It's great to see him empowered and having a reason, more alive (though still dim) while fighting to save his people. After all, that is why he sacrificed his love. If in the position again, I think he might redo his actions.

Cowardice:
-Seventh & thett- Dudez. Suicide is so not the way to go. Ever.
There are tons of fish in the sea, noobs in the polls and trolls in the debates. Find one of them and get over your heartbreak.
DO NOT KILL YOURSELF OVER SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T EVEN DEEM YOU GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY WITH. EVERRRR!!!

-Irony
-Church scene
-Dude, the rebellion - illegal taking down of a gov't body - a coup - and bloodshed being in a Church... lol

-==0==-

Additional notes:
We see love as a consistent theme. It's almost like a meddling human - a barrier to both sides of the external conflicts of the war, and a dagger in the heart (literally for Ore lol ;-)) in terms of internal conflict, when looking at Seventh, Thett and Max.
We also see the impact of love, almost like peer pressure, turning beautiful, loving people ugly, like YYW when searching for bsh, and his cruelty to Thett.

tl dr:
Some people suck. Love is overrated and it sucks most of the time, except when it's with Endark <3

On that note, Endark, you're a fantastic writer and I sooo cannot wait to read your published works later on in life, and swoon.

Never stop writing. You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with us, here on DDO. <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:50:31 PM
At 10/10/2014 6:11:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Annie, you're the greatest.

Aww. I love you too! <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:55:10 PM
At 10/10/2014 6:49:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
As promised, your thematic analysis my love...

Thematic issues:
-Love
We see love as a common issue through-out the story, whether it be with BYours or Sevanii or Bonboncoming. We see the effect of love on an individual- YYW dropped his work and everything to find bsh.
CP was willing to give up his life to save his son, despite them being on different sides of the war.

-Heartbreak
-Seventh- Despite logic and reason, Sev was willing to moronically end her life because of a broken heart, EVEN though she may be extremely useful to the rebellion.
-Thett- We see thett as a "hopeless romantic" but with a slight to it - his love lives never work out - whether it be with Royal or YYW. (I so called Royal being preggers tho. #like-ah-baus)
-YYW- He dropped everything to find bsh, even scarring and wounding mentally and emotionally, his friend thett like a complete and utter arsehole.
-GCL- The pain of watching people die fueled her and made her stronger to fight to stop people from fighting.

-Dreams and aspirations/Rebellion
-We see Zaradi, CP etc fighting for their resistance, to prove their point. We see Bookworm killing Jifpop for her cause.
-We also see heartbreak causing Seventh to leave romanii behind, and as well the resistance.
-We see Lannan aspiring to be a great soldier.
-We see Zaradi attempting to set right and take down the tyranny of DDO.
-We see Bookworm saying that Zaradi would not have been phased by GCL's heart-warming speech because of his steadfast, stubborn thirst for the satisfaction of Ore's blood, and justice.

-Sacrifice
-Max- We see Max sacrificing his love, and best friend, for the betterment of DDO. This couldn't have been hard, and has to be why Ore_Ele and other authoritative figures look down upon him - for being "weak" (remorseful and lonely) in the aftermath of her passing.
-Zaradi- We see him sacrificing his soldiers for his cause. We also see him telling off Bookworm in the chamber-room, that she was just his pawn, which she foolishly believed, and blinded by emotion, almost left and got locked out. Obviously, this shows his care for her - that he was willing to fight Ore alone, and that he didn't want her to be there, in the room, if he did lose against Ore_Ele.
This actually contradicts Daytona's actions in the Church, which'll be discussed in the next major point.
-Royal- She clearly love(s/d) thett but for some unknown reason had to leave him because someone wants their child. This couldn't have been easy for her, as it seems she did truly love thett.
-CP- Although on separate sides of the war, he was willing to sacrifice himself to save his son. This shows the extent of father-son love.
-Oncoming & bsh- We see him willing to scream, knowing what might be the consequences to get help for him and bsh. We also see bsh kicking Silence to protect Jonelle so she could shoot Silence, even though bsh would probably die.
-GCL- We see GCL standing up to all sides of the battle to stop the fighting, the good-heart-ed pacifist that she is.

-Bravery and cowardice / Role of egos in battle
Bravery:
-Zaradi and his soldiers- standing up against an order. Knowing when to stop and be smart - sending Bookworm out of harm's way, just in case he couldn't defeat Ore.
-GCL- Standing up to not only the army of above-mentioned order, but an entire rebellion, an entire society, amidst chaos, ruin, bloodshed and death. Amongst anguish, pain and possible impending death.
-YYW- went to find bsh
-Daytona- Much like YYW's egotistical approach to kbub, when capturing her, Daytona had too much of a hard-headed ego to just let Silence shoot him, and end it all right then.
HOWEVER, he let YYW go to bsh, which was surprising on my part... And a bit kind. I could've sworn there might be some trap. His story is not over here. He craves the thirst of power, of being in charge.
-Jonelle & Kbub- GIRLPOWER Bishes (lol bsh sry <3). Both strong, independent young ladies knew what they wanted to fight for, and were willing to die fighting for it.
-Max- Willing to die saving DDO, and in GCL's name. His story is moving. It's great to see him empowered and having a reason, more alive (though still dim) while fighting to save his people. After all, that is why he sacrificed his love. If in the position again, I think he might redo his actions.

Cowardice:
-Seventh & thett- Dudez. Suicide is so not the way to go. Ever.
There are tons of fish in the sea, noobs in the polls and trolls in the debates. Find one of them and get over your heartbreak.
DO NOT KILL YOURSELF OVER SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T EVEN DEEM YOU GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY WITH. EVERRRR!!!

-Irony
-Church scene
-Dude, the rebellion - illegal taking down of a gov't body - a coup - and bloodshed being in a Church... lol

-==0==-

Additional notes:
We see love as a consistent theme. It's almost like a meddling human - a barrier to both sides of the external conflicts of the war, and a dagger in the heart (literally for Ore lol ;-)) in terms of internal conflict, when looking at Seventh, Thett and Max.
We also see the impact of love, almost like peer pressure, turning beautiful, loving people ugly, like YYW when searching for bsh, and his cruelty to Thett.

tl dr:
Some people suck. Love is overrated and it sucks most of the time, except when it's with Endark <3

On that note, Endark, you're a fantastic writer and I sooo cannot wait to read your published works later on in life, and swoon.

Never stop writing. You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with us, here on DDO. <3

You're the best person ever.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 6:55:47 PM
At 10/10/2014 6:55:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/10/2014 6:49:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
You're the best person ever.
Denied. You are. <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:49:08 PM
-_________________-
Let me tell you the things I hate about your story:

1) You killed GCL
2) The suspense
3) You killed GCL
4) The cliffy at the end
5) You killed GCL
6) Nothing
7) And you killed GCL

That's all I have to say. Other than that, it was a masterpiece! :D
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:50:06 PM
At 10/10/2014 7:49:08 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
-_________________-

1) You killed GCL
2) The suspense
3) You killed GCL
4) The cliffy at the end
5) You killed GCL
6) Nothing
7) And you killed GCL
8) The love triangles

fix'd
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:51:37 PM
-_________________-

1) You killed GCL
2) The suspense
3) You killed GCL
4) The cliffy at the end
5) You killed GCL
6) Nothing
7) And you killed GCL

I'll go out on a limb and say you like both 2 and 4. :-)

GCL's death was quite the tear-jerker.
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:54:31 PM
At 10/10/2014 7:51:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
-_________________-

1) You killed GCL
2) The suspense
3) You killed GCL
4) The cliffy at the end
5) You killed GCL
6) Nothing
7) And you killed GCL

I'll go out on a limb and say you like both 2 and 4. :-)

GCL's death was quite the tear-jerker.

Fair enough. I never got to talk to her, but after reading the forum posts, I was sad to see her leave. T-T

Who was da pedo stalker, anyway?
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark