Star Debate Season 1 E5 p6: The Hostages

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 1:51:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 5: http://www.debate.org...

Endarkend Rationalist hurried around the room. Linkish had left a few minutes ago to respond to another call. After settling down a riot, he was told that all weapons in the armory were in cargo bay 3. Why would a killer do something like that?

This guy obviously was into games, but that seemed like so much work for so little humor. And it was Jonelle who discovered it. She was engineering, but Wylted singed a release form for her to go off duty for a few days. She shouldn"t have been in that room.

Maybe she got bored and found comfort in the shuttle bay. Maybe she was the one that put the guns there.

He immediately went to a panel and started typing in the security code Linkish gave him. His heart was racing and his fingers were trembling. He mistyped the code the first time but got it right the second time.

He"d already found the time that had been cut out of the security cameras in the armory. He cross-referenced with the camera in Jonelle"s room. She was still there. That was good. So she wasn"t the terrorist.

He was back to trying to decide who it might be. All of the security guards seemed to clear out. He"d just started engineering staff, and he wasn"t even sure he would touch the medical staff. Hopefully Wylted and Blade were making better progress than he was.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romanii was walking through the halls and saw Linkish storming toward him. "Romanii, come with me," Linkish said as he neared.

Romanii just turned and started following. Linkish looked pissed. "I"m really sorry," Romanii started.

Linkish looked straight forward as he said, "You were doing what you thought was right. We don"t share the same instincts."

Romanii just silently continued not sure what to say. It looked like Linkish was still mad, but he didn"t go off.

Linkish glanced over and made eye contact with Romanii then focused back in front of them. "I"m not pissed at you. I"m pissed because someone took all my freaking guns."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blade and Wylted continued to look through staff. Then they came across and interesting ensign. His name was Space King. He had a lot on his personal profile. It was actually fairly normal for a cadet or ensign to have as much as he did, but Wylted had noticed something different.

Apparently, Space King had been off planet before as a passenger aboard the U.S.S. Odyssey, but the U.S.S. Odyssey has been in deep space for an exceptionally long time. It would"ve taken them months to get back to earth just to drop off a kid for Starfleet Academy just to go back out on their journey.

Still not impossible for him to have come back on another ship, but that wasn"t listed.
Blade was staring at the screen too. He pulled up his tablet and started looking at the passenger manifest for the Odyssey. It looked like he was doing a search for the name "Space King." As expected, he never went on that ship.

So that was one part of the past that was fabricated.

Wylted did his own search through the Starfleet databases. He connected to government sources and censuses and looked for the name Space King. There was a name Space King, but it was added to the census about five years ago. That was right before the last census, but unless Space King was five years old, which he wasn"t, then that name didn"t exist until then.

"It"s him. It has to be," Wylted said looking at the profile.

Blade looked at the clock and swore under his breath. "It"s almost been an hour. We need to tell Airmax right now."

Wylted and blade sprinted out of the room and saw Airmax standing with Mikal and Mike around him. "Captain, we figured it out," Blade said almost excitedly.

"Who is it?" Airmax asked back quickly.

"Ensign King in engineering."

Airmax tapped his badge and said, "Airmax to Linkish."

"Linkish here," he responded.

"I need you to go to engineering right now to get Ensign Space King and arrest him."

"I"ll send one of my officers. Right now I"m working with Romanii on getting the doors to Shuttle Bay 3 open."

"What?"

"Jonelle is locked in shuttle bay three with my entire armory of weapons on a shuttle. She"s been trying to help from the inside, but nothing"s working so far."

This couldn"t be happening again. Not again.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 10:28:39 AM
At 10/11/2014 1:51:24 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Part 5: http://www.debate.org...

Endarkend Rationalist hurried around the room. Linkish had left a few minutes ago to respond to another call. After settling down a riot, he was told that all weapons in the armory were in cargo bay 3. Why would a killer do something like that?

Yaaaaaaayyyy! It's-a meeeeee! Endarkened!!!!!!

This guy obviously was into games, but that seemed like so much work for so little humor. And it was Jonelle who discovered it. She was engineering, but Wylted singed a release form for her to go off duty for a few days. She shouldn"t have been in that room.

Oh, he 'singed' it, did he? :-)

Maybe she got bored and found comfort in the shuttle bay. Maybe she was the one that put the guns there.

O_o JONELLE! HOW COULD YOU?!?!

He immediately went to a panel and started typing in the security code Linkish gave him. His heart was racing and his fingers were trembling. He mistyped the code the first time but got it right the second time.

He"d already found the time that had been cut out of the security cameras in the armory. He cross-referenced with the camera in Jonelle"s room. She was still there. That was good. So she wasn"t the terrorist.

Oh. Whew.

He was back to trying to decide who it might be. All of the security guards seemed to clear out. He"d just started engineering staff, and he wasn"t even sure he would touch the medical staff. Hopefully Wylted and Blade were making better progress than he was.
Romanii was walking through the halls and saw Linkish storming toward him. "Romanii, come with me," Linkish said as he neared.

Romanii just turned and started following. Linkish looked pissed. "I"m really sorry," Romanii started.

Linkish looked straight forward as he said, "You were doing what you thought was right. We don"t share the same instincts."

Minor burn, I guess.

Romanii just silently continued not sure what to say. It looked like Linkish was still mad, but he didn"t go off.

Linkish glanced over and made eye contact with Romanii then focused back in front of them. "I"m not pissed at you. I"m pissed because someone took all my freaking guns."

XD
Blade and Wylted continued to look through staff. Then they came across and interesting ensign. His name was Space King. He had a lot on his personal profile. It was actually fairly normal for a cadet or ensign to have as much as he did, but Wylted had noticed something different.

Oooohhhh. 9Space.....

Apparently, Space King had been off planet before as a passenger aboard the U.S.S. Odyssey, but the U.S.S. Odyssey has been in deep space for an exceptionally long time. It would"ve taken them months to get back to earth just to drop off a kid for Starfleet Academy just to go back out on their journey.

Still not impossible for him to have come back on another ship, but that wasn"t listed.
Blade was staring at the screen too. He pulled up his tablet and started looking at the passenger manifest for the Odyssey. It looked like he was doing a search for the name "Space King." As expected, he never went on that ship.

So that was one part of the past that was fabricated.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Wylted did his own search through the Starfleet databases. He connected to government sources and censuses and looked for the name Space King. There was a name Space King, but it was added to the census about five years ago. That was right before the last census, but unless Space King was five years old, which he wasn"t, then that name didn"t exist until then.

"It"s him. It has to be," Wylted said looking at the profile.

Blade looked at the clock and swore under his breath. "It"s almost been an hour. We need to tell Airmax right now."

Wylted and blade sprinted out of the room and saw Airmax standing with Mikal and Mike around him. "Captain, we figured it out," Blade said almost excitedly.

"Who is it?" Airmax asked back quickly.

"Ensign King in engineering."

Airmax tapped his badge and said, "Airmax to Linkish."

"Linkish here," he responded.

"I need you to go to engineering right now to get Ensign Space King and arrest him."

"I"ll send one of my officers. Right now I"m working with Romanii on getting the doors to Shuttle Bay 3 open."

"What?"

"Jonelle is locked in shuttle bay three with my entire armory of weapons on a shuttle. She"s been trying to help from the inside, but nothing"s working so far."

OH NO

This couldn"t be happening again. Not again.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 11:32:29 AM
At 10/11/2014 7:20:49 AM, Raisor wrote:
up you go!

Lol thanks Raisor. I didn't know you read my series actually XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...