Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

The Law of Non-Contradiction Is False I Say!

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 1:32:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I say that the law of non-contradiction is false. Willing to debate this motion, even though the diminished capacity of many a voter of ddo may mean I lose.

I have found a proof, no trolling, no semantics, no intellectual dishonesty. Inform me and I can challenge you. The law of non-contradiction is defined by the Aristotelian definition.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 1:40:48 AM
I might be interested...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 1:43:06 AM
At 10/12/2014 1:32:51 AM, Ajabi wrote:
I say that the law of non-contradiction is false. Willing to debate this motion, even though the diminished capacity of many a voter of ddo may mean I lose.

I have found a proof, no trolling, no semantics, no intellectual dishonesty. Inform me and I can challenge you. The law of non-contradiction is defined by the Aristotelian definition.

Challenge BSH1 if he's interested. I'm too busy with other crap to do the debate soon.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 1:43:29 AM
My interest level is really time-contingent.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 2:22:16 AM
At 10/12/2014 1:43:29 AM, bsh1 wrote:
My interest level is really time-contingent.

It does not even have complex rules lemme show you. Its extremely open.
http://www.debate.org...

If you can accept these terms that is fine, but I do not see how I could make it any more open.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:10:25 AM
Pro should just post "The Law of Non-Contradiction is False, Therefore Pro Should Win" every round and win the debate.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:22:53 AM
At 10/12/2014 3:10:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Pro should just post "The Law of Non-Contradiction is False, Therefore Pro Should Win" every round and win the debate.

Wanna debate it?!?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 2:38:24 PM
At 10/12/2014 5:22:53 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:25 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Wanna debate it?!?

Gosh, maybe. I was going to debate Sargon on a similar resolution, but, since we never did our debate, I can move you to the top of the list.

I'm scared.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 2:51:42 PM

Is your proof in any way related to the Liar's paradox?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:10:39 PM

The problem with any such proof is that it would imply a meaningless definition of its own validity. For if the law of non-contradiction is false, it could still be true, and you have not actually proven anything.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:21:31 PM
At 10/12/2014 3:10:39 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

The problem with any such proof is that it would imply a meaningless definition of its own validity. For if the law of non-contradiction is false, it could still be true, and you have not actually proven anything.

Yeah, basically... it's a bit like saying that you've proved that you can't prove anything.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:38:59 PM

Can I accept this one instead of the aether debate?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:04:06 PM
At 10/12/2014 3:21:31 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:39 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Yeah, basically... it's a bit like saying that you've proved that you can't prove anything.

Exactly. You might as well not even speak, since nothing you say would have meaning or implication as it would be indistinguishable from its logical negation. Ajabi could just as easily leave his rounds blank.