Total Posts:156|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Elo is the ultimate measure of debater.

vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Click that link. This is the default page of debating leader-board. The default method of ranking the players is by Elo.

This is true for Chess and any other talent-based gaming community.

We play the debating game and Elo is the ultimate measure.

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN who I just saw personally attacked for nothing but having a high Elo by a method that others envied.

This must end.

Users above you in the leader-board must be paid respect.

This will explain why the Mikal campaign ran so successfully. He has such high Elo that to keep him loyal to the site benefits everyone as we can show him off.

This is the truth do not deny it. We need the high Elo members for tournaments such as the one between Edeb8 and DDO that I saw happening and actually was what got me interested in the site (I was Googling "online debating" and this site was top of the list. You got here by having Elo as your methods of differentiation as opposed to the lower ranking sites that use ridiculous methods of post number and such.

Edeb8.com also uses Elo but there is little doubt that it is below DDO because it lacks the opinions and polls facility that makes this site more fun to use for more recreational-prone debaters that don't have time to make eloquent detailed debates.
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:18:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:17:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You must be joking.

About the whole thing or a specific part that I mentioned?
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:35:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lol.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:39:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Click that link. This is the default page of debating leader-board. The default method of ranking the players is by Elo.

Not default. It is an equation designed by members of this site specifically for members of this site. It is called ELO after the chess ranking simply for effect.


This is true for Chess and any other talent-based gaming community.

We play the debating game and Elo is the ultimate measure.

Debating is not a game, and ELO is in no way an entitlement to respect.


There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN who I just saw personally attacked for nothing but having a high Elo by a method that others envied.

STALIN was not personally attacked, his method was labeled unethical. Others don't envy his method, they look down on it.


This must end.

It must not end.


Users above you in the leader-board must be paid respect.

Users that provide valuable contributions to this website are respected.

This will explain why the Mikal campaign ran so successfully. He has such high Elo that to keep him loyal to the site benefits everyone as we can show him off.

No, the Mikal campaign ran successfully because we are a close-knit community of people who came together for a friend in need. It had nothing to do with ELO.

This is the truth do not deny it. We need the high Elo members for tournaments such as the one between Edeb8 and DDO that I saw happening and actually was what got me interested in the site (I was Googling "online debating" and this site was top of the list. You got here by having Elo as your methods of differentiation as opposed to the lower ranking sites that use ridiculous methods of post number and such.


Edeb8.com also uses Elo but there is little doubt that it is below DDO because it lacks the opinions and polls facility that makes this site more fun to use for more recreational-prone debaters that don't have time to make eloquent detailed debates.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 3:57:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:00:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:45:29 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
And you are the ultimate measure of stupidity.

Go back to your old account, troll.

This is very insulting and uncalled for.
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:00:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

I am not. I am a new user.
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:05:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:39:43 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Click that link. This is the default page of debating leader-board. The default method of ranking the players is by Elo.

Not default. It is an equation designed by members of this site specifically for members of this site. It is called ELO after the chess ranking simply for effect.

The default method of ranking players on the leader=board of debating is by Elo. It is the default method. You are disputing plain fact.


This is true for Chess and any other talent-based gaming community.

We play the debating game and Elo is the ultimate measure.

Debating is not a game, and Elo is in no way an entitlement to respect.

Debating is a game. There is a winner and a loser and it is not a physical activity thus it is not a sport. Chess is also done professionally but is called a game.


There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN who I just saw personally attacked for nothing but having a high Elo by a method that others envied.

STALIN was not personally attacked, his method was labeled unethical. Others don't envy his method, they look down on it.

Looking down on someone who is superior to you for how they got there is disrespecting their authority.


This must end.

It must not end.

Very immature method of dispute.

Users above you in the leader-board must be paid respect.

Users that provide valuable contributions to this website are respected.

How do you determine the value?

This will explain why the Mikal campaign ran so successfully. He has such high Elo that to keep him loyal to the site benefits everyone as we can show him off.

No, the Mikal campaign ran successfully because we are a close-knit community of people who came together for a friend in need. It had nothing to do with ELO.

So, if you had been broke and were choosing to remain homeless because you refused to get back to your religious family as you loved your girlfriend too passionately, people would donate such funds to you?

No, your Elo hasn't earned you such respect.

This is the truth do not deny it. We need the high Elo members for tournaments such as the one between Edeb8 and DDO that I saw happening and actually was what got me interested in the site (I was Googling "online debating" and this site was top of the list. You got here by having Elo as your methods of differentiation as opposed to the lower ranking sites that use ridiculous methods of post number and such.

Edeb8.com also uses Elo but there is little doubt that it is below DDO because it lacks the opinions and polls facility that makes this site more fun to use for more recreational-prone debaters that don't have time to make eloquent detailed debates.
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:08:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 3:57:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:10:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:08:54 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:57:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way?

It's Jifpop I bet ya
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:11:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

http://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.wikia.com...

He is only aged 7 and isn't dumb for a 7 year old.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:11:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

~likes and subscribes~
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p

http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:14:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:11:12 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

http://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.wikia.com...

He is only aged 7 and isn't dumb for a 7 year old.

You must be very desperate for attention.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:15:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:14:27 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:11:12 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

http://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.wikia.com...

He is only aged 7 and isn't dumb for a 7 year old.

You must be very desperate for attention.

I kindly request you to leave my thread before I contact people higher up to protect me from your harassment.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:15:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.

No doubt, I'm sure your crayons and wall take up more of your attention span.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:16:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:15:47 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.

No doubt, I'm sure your crayons and wall take up more of your attention span.

Alright, I shall be getting Airmax or bladerunner to step in here.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:17:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:15:34 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:14:27 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:11:12 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

http://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.wikia.com...

He is only aged 7 and isn't dumb for a 7 year old.

You must be very desperate for attention.

I kindly request you to leave my thread before I contact people higher up to protect me from your harassment.

Awwww gonna tell mommy and daddy that people are being mean to you? I'm not afraid of your idle threats child.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:19:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:11:12 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:10:22 PM, vwv wrote:

There is no doubt that people are jealous of users like STALIN

^ Thats scottydouglas-level stupidity right there

welcome to the wall though my friend

http://diary-of-a-wimpy-kid.wikia.com...

He is only aged 7 and isn't dumb for a 7 year old.

no you dont understand, there was a user on this site long ago actually named 'ScottyDouglas' who was lightyears ahead of everyone else in terms of stupidity. Your post brings back memories of said retardation.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:20:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:16:57 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:15:47 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.

No doubt, I'm sure your crayons and wall take up more of your attention span.

Alright, I shall be getting Airmax or bladerunner to step in here.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this.

Please do, no doubt your account will be banned quickly, as we are not allowed to make Alts. Oh and if you think I'm scared of airmax and bladerunner, your sorely wrong.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:21:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:20:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:16:57 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:15:47 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.

No doubt, I'm sure your crayons and wall take up more of your attention span.

Alright, I shall be getting Airmax or bladerunner to step in here.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this.

Please do, no doubt your account will be banned quickly, as we are not allowed to make Alts. Oh and if you think I'm scared of airmax and bladerunner, your sorely wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what precisely that is supposed to mean. This is my first account.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:22:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 4:21:12 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:20:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:16:57 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:15:47 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:52 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:13:07 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:12:19 PM, vwv wrote:
At 10/12/2014 4:08:23 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 10/12/2014 3:47:52 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
And who's alt are you, by the way? Are you Stalin? I think you are Stalin.

Jifpop for sure he's returned even more stupid then the last account he made :p


http://www.debate.org...

I am not the user in any of these posts.

Shush shush can't you tell grown ups are talking. Go away, go on shoo

No, sorry, I can't tell.

No doubt, I'm sure your crayons and wall take up more of your attention span.

Alright, I shall be getting Airmax or bladerunner to step in here.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this.

Please do, no doubt your account will be banned quickly, as we are not allowed to make Alts. Oh and if you think I'm scared of airmax and bladerunner, your sorely wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what precisely that is supposed to mean. This is my first account.
First I don't understand your first sentence. Secondly if it was. Then you sure know a lot on this site for being such a new person. Thirdly I honestly don't like you.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me