Star Debate Season 1 E4 p7: The Hostages

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:54:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 6: http://www.debate.org...

Rev strode down the hall with a knife around his waist. His dad always told him not to try to handle dangerous weapons, especially ones with blades. But he became a security officer and got to touch it all as his job.

Although, right now his job was to go get Space King from engineering.

The doors parted, almost in slow motion to Rev"s processing, and he walked into engineering. He scanned the room for Space, but he couldn"t find him. Of course, among all the unfamiliar faces, this was like trying to find Waldo in a sea full of people wearing red and white stripes.

Pots walked around the corner and saw Rev. "Hey, do you know where Juan is?"

"No time, where"s Space King?"

"He went into the room I was in after I got done with all this...."

"Take me there now."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airmax"s eyes were caught on the screen in disbelief. Jonelle was in the shuttle bay staring at the door. There was a force field erected in front of the doorway. Or at least it looked like it.

"Oh captain, my captain, does this remind you of something?" Space King asked.

Airmax set his jaw and refused to respond. Of course it reminded him of something. His first day on the job, when Philo Christos was locked in a cargo bay with an anti-matter bomb with him. Philo had sacrificed himself, and Airmax officially had to report the first death of a crew member on his first day. That was something he never wanted to happen again.

Here it was happening again.

"Now, how about we have a little fun with it?" Space said in a sadistically playful voice.

"Maybe a little reenactment. Because that nearly has every weapon on your ship right in that shuttle, including all you"re little explosives. And I just so happen to have a link to that shuttle."

"Space King, what is it you want?" Airmax yelled.

"Oh, such passion, Airmax. I just want to have some fun. There"s really no other reason I"m doing all of this. Anyway, as I was saying before you rudely interrupted me."

"No, I"m not done with you."

"Well, I guess if you won"t let me talk, I"ll just let this be a surprise."

The communication cut off.

"He"s going to blow up the shuttle," Mikal said under his breath.

"Can you be sure?" Airmax asked.

"Yeah, that"s the most logical explanation. He put all explosives and all phasers on that shuttle for a reason. When the explosion goes off it"ll ignite everything in there and tear a hole in the side of the ship. It"ll kill everyone in the blast radius pretty quickly. He said he has a link with the shuttle. My guess he"s going to start the self-destruct sequence."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Airmax to Jonelle," Jonelle heard come over her comm badge.

When she tapped it to speak, it was as if her breath was being taken from her by some force, but she managed a, "I"m here."

"I need you to check to see if the self-destruct sequence is counting down."

Jonelle briskly walked into the shuttle and looked at the panel. The timer said she had about four minutes left. Maybe she could open up the shuttle bay doors. As opposed to what happened with Philo, there was an enclosed area for the panel so that anyone that had to release the force field could be safe.

She scaled the ladder in a few seconds to get up to the booth. When she was in she looked at the panel and saw it was off. She tapped at it, but it didn"t turn on. Then the shuttle bay doors started to open by themselves, but the force field was still up.

Words started to pop onto the screen. She mouthed the words as she read. "You can fly the shuttle into space and save everyone from the explosion, or you could take revenge on the man who let him die."

That was it then? That was the revenge? Airmax already said what happened. Oncoming locked himself in the room so Airmax could escape, even though Airmax didn"t leave until he was able to get the door open and kill the Herok that killed Oncoming.

A shard of doubt split her thoughts like glass cutting flesh. The thought made her feel physically ill. What if Airmax had just let Oncoming die? Like he didn"t even stay around to see if he lived, and he made up the story out of shame?

She tried to rearrange her thoughts, then one went through her head. The words came with the sound of Oncoming"s voice, "The people who will die did have done nothing to wrong you. No matter what Airmax did, this is not revenge. It"s murder."

A tear hit her eye, and she found some sort of drive to get out of the booth and get down the ladder quicker than she"d gotten there in the first place. She went into the shuttle and tapped her comm badge. "Jonelle to Airmax. I have about forty seconds until this thing blows up. I can either try disarming the self-destruct sequence or fly it into space and let you guys leave."

35 seconds.

Airmax responded in a moment, "Disarm it."

Without responding, Jonelle started typing at the panel.

29 seconds.

She went into the self-destruct sequence and tried to discontinue it. "Voice activation required," the shuttle said. But someone would have to be officially commanding the shuttle to give voice activation, which means a code was embedded.

17 seconds.

Jonelle"s breathing sped up, and her vision started to spin as she tried to find the code. She went through subcommands at a virtual dead sprint, and she always had her eyes on the clock.

8 seconds.

She slammed her hand on the panel and stood up. There was a phaser rifle just behind her. She grabbed it and screamed as she shot at the panel. Sparks flew around the cabin and shattered glass cut her skin, but she didn"t stop until all of the lights shut off.

It was at 2 seconds the last she saw it.

She held her breath and counted out 2 seconds. Nothing. She added 3 and 4 just for good measure. She slowly let out a shaky breath that came with something of a squeak. Her lips curled into something between a smile and a frown.

"Jonelle, is it done? Did you disarm it?" Airmax asked over the comm badge.

She"d never turned off her comm badge. So Airmax and everyone around him heard her scream. "Yes," was all she could manage to say. She tapped her comm badge and started crying.

She sat on the floor of the shuttle and cried. Linkish and Romanii didn"t even get the doors open for another half hour, and when they did they let her have a little alone time. Then Romanii walked up to her and asked, "What"s wrong, Jonelle?"

Everything. Every-freaking-thing. Her husband was dead. She almost died. She sort of wished she had died. Oncoming wasn"t around to hold her and tell her that he was proud of what she did. She didn"t know if she could continue as a Starfleet officer, but she didn"t know what she would do if she wasn"t a Starfleet officer. So she responded with the one word that could sum that all up, "Nothing."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:56:17 AM
Endark walked into PM and saw bsh1 and YYW behind the counter. Bsh1 acknowledged him and said, "What can I get for you?"

"I don"t know," Endark replied. He"d never actually been in PM before. Not for a drink anyway. "Just something synthahol that people get when they want to feel better." He"d just gotten through a very stressful two hours. Although, on the bright side, Space King had been taken to the brig and locked up under constant surveillance, and Jonelle had saved an estimated 45 lives. He"d still accused her even for a moment of being the terrorist, and he still was feeling the effects from the stress he experienced.

"Oh, that"s going to require something from the secret stash," bsh1 replied as he pulled a jug from underneath the counter. "You won"t be drunk. You"ll just feel a little better. It sort of has the same effect chocolate has on a lot of people."

Endark thanked him and took a drink. It tasted a little weird, but it was a good weird. As he drank he looked down the bar and saw one of the nurses sitting there. At first he took no notice of her, but as he raised his glass back up to his mouth he had a thought.

She"s beautiful.

That was a weird thought. Endark had been always thought himself to be gay, but for some reason, this one girl caught his attention. She turned and looked at him. She must have felt his eyes. He took a drink and looked at the wall to make it look like he hadn"t been staring at her.

She got up a minute later and left the room. He really wanted to talk to her, but he didn"t know how to introduce himself. He took another drink and resolved to stay in his seat for the moment, but he would go see her in sickbay sometime. She was a nurse, so he would be able to find her there.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:57:59 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:54:16 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Rev strode down the hall with a knife around his waist. His dad always told him not to try to handle dangerous weapons, especially ones with blades. But he became a security officer and got to touch it all as his job.

Oh, he touched it all, did he?

The doors parted, almost in slow motion to Rev"s processing, and he walked into engineering. He scanned the room for Space, but he couldn"t find him. Of course, among all the unfamiliar faces, this was like trying to find Waldo in a sea full of people wearing red and white stripes.

"Take me there now."
Airmax"s eyes were caught on the screen in disbelief. Jonelle was in the shuttle bay staring at the door. There was a force field erected in front of the doorway. Or at least it looked like it.

Space King, how could you?!?!

Airmax set his jaw and refused to respond. Of course it reminded him of something. His first day on the job, when Philo Christos was locked in a cargo bay with an anti-matter bomb with him. Philo had sacrificed himself, and Airmax officially had to report the first death of a crew member on his first day. That was something he never wanted to happen again.

Oh, dear :-(

"Now, how about we have a little fun with it?" Space said in a sadistically playful voice.

"Maybe a little reenactment. Because that nearly has every weapon on your ship right in that shuttle, including all you"re little explosives. And I just so happen to have a link to that shuttle."

"Oh, such passion, Airmax. I just want to have some fun. There"s really no other reason I"m doing all of this. Anyway, as I was saying before you rudely interrupted me."

O_o

"Yeah, that"s the most logical explanation. He put all explosives and all phasers on that shuttle for a reason. When the explosion goes off it"ll ignite everything in there and tear a hole in the side of the ship. It"ll kill everyone in the blast radius pretty quickly. He said he has a link with the shuttle. My guess he"s going to start the self-destruct sequence."

When she tapped it to speak, it was as if her breath was being taken from her by some force, but she managed a, "I"m here."

Jonelle briskly walked into the shuttle and looked at the panel. The timer said she had about four minutes left. Maybe she could open up the shuttle bay doors. As opposed to what happened with Philo, there was an enclosed area for the panel so that anyone that had to release the force field could be safe.

GO JONELLE GO

She scaled the ladder in a few seconds to get up to the booth. When she was in she looked at the panel and saw it was off. She tapped at it, but it didn"t turn on. Then the shuttle bay doors started to open by themselves, but the force field was still up.

Words started to pop onto the screen. She mouthed the words as she read. "You can fly the shuttle into space and save everyone from the explosion, or you could take revenge on the man who let him die."

Oh no....

That was it then? That was the revenge? Airmax already said what happened. Oncoming locked himself in the room so Airmax could escape, even though Airmax didn"t leave until he was able to get the door open and kill the Herok that killed Oncoming.

A shard of doubt split her thoughts like glass cutting flesh. The thought made her feel physically ill. What if Airmax had just let Oncoming die? Like he didn"t even stay around to see if he lived, and he made up the story out of shame?

OH NO...

She tried to rearrange her thoughts, then one went through her head. The words came with the sound of Oncoming"s voice, "The people who will die did have done nothing to wrong you. No matter what Airmax did, this is not revenge. It"s murder."

awww

A tear hit her eye, and she found some sort of drive to get out of the booth and get down the ladder quicker than she"d gotten there in the first place. She went into the shuttle and tapped her comm badge. "Jonelle to Airmax. I have about forty seconds until this thing blows up. I can either try disarming the self-destruct sequence or fly it into space and let you guys leave."

35 seconds.

YOU CAN DO IT

29 seconds.

She went into the self-destruct sequence and tried to discontinue it. "Voice activation required," the shuttle said. But someone would have to be officially commanding the shuttle to give voice activation, which means a code was embedded.

17 seconds.

Jonelle"s breathing sped up, and her vision started to spin as she tried to find the code. She went through subcommands at a virtual dead sprint, and she always had her eyes on the clock.

8 seconds.

She slammed her hand on the panel and stood up. There was a phaser rifle just behind her. She grabbed it and screamed as she shot at the panel. Sparks flew around the cabin and shattered glass cut her skin, but she didn"t stop until all of the lights shut off.

She held her breath and counted out 2 seconds. Nothing. She added 3 and 4 just for good measure. She slowly let out a shaky breath that came with something of a squeak. Her lips curled into something between a smile and a frown.

At least she's alive.

She"d never turned off her comm badge. So Airmax and everyone around him heard her scream. "Yes," was all she could manage to say. She tapped her comm badge and started crying.

She sat on the floor of the shuttle and cried. Linkish and Romanii didn"t even get the doors open for another half hour, and when they did they let her have a little alone time. Then Romanii walked up to her and asked, "What"s wrong, Jonelle?"

Everything. Every-freaking-thing. Her husband was dead. She almost died. She sort of wished she had died. Oncoming wasn"t around to hold her and tell her that he was proud of what she did. She didn"t know if she could continue as a Starfleet officer, but she didn"t know what she would do if she wasn"t a Starfleet officer. So she responded with the one word that could sum that all up, "Nothing."

no :'-(
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:59:04 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:56:17 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Endark walked into PM and saw bsh1 and YYW behind the counter. Bsh1 acknowledged him and said, "What can I get for you?"

awwww, BYours!

"I don"t know," Endark replied. He"d never actually been in PM before. Not for a drink anyway. "Just something synthahol that people get when they want to feel better." He"d just gotten through a very stressful two hours. Although, on the bright side, Space King had been taken to the brig and locked up under constant surveillance, and Jonelle had saved an estimated 45 lives. He"d still accused her even for a moment of being the terrorist, and he still was feeling the effects from the stress he experienced.

Poor Endark.

"Oh, that"s going to require something from the secret stash," bsh1 replied as he pulled a jug from underneath the counter. "You won"t be drunk. You"ll just feel a little better. It sort of has the same effect chocolate has on a lot of people."

bsh1 is the greatest.

Endark thanked him and took a drink. It tasted a little weird, but it was a good weird. As he drank he looked down the bar and saw one of the nurses sitting there. At first he took no notice of her, but as he raised his glass back up to his mouth he had a thought.

She"s beautiful.

XD

That was a weird thought. Endark had been always thought himself to be gay, but for some reason, this one girl caught his attention. She turned and looked at him. She must have felt his eyes. He took a drink and looked at the wall to make it look like he hadn"t been staring at her.

Using real DDO situations, I see.

She got up a minute later and left the room. He really wanted to talk to her, but he didn"t know how to introduce himself. He took another drink and resolved to stay in his seat for the moment, but he would go see her in sickbay sometime. She was a nurse, so he would be able to find her there.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:20:50 PM
Lol your responses always make me laugh XD

Thanks for reading XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 4:10:50 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:54:16 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Is this supposed to be an innuendo? Or did it just happen? xD
Darn security officers. Lol.

"Take me there now."
DUN UDN DUUUNNN

GOODWIN?! *GASPS*

Oh no.

GO MAX!

SHUT UP MAX!1! OMG!

Oh noes!

GIRLPOWER!!! GO BONBON!!!

She tried to rearrange her thoughts, then one went through her head. The words came with the sound of Oncoming"s voice, "The people who will die have done nothing to wrong you. No matter what Airmax did, this is not revenge. It"s murder."
Fix;d. Aww Jonelle! :-(

35 seconds.

29 seconds.

17 seconds.

8 seconds.

Aww Jonelle!!! *hugs*

Aww.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 4:16:26 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:56:17 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

"I don"t know," Endark replied. He"d never actually been in PM before. Not for a drink anyway. "Just something synthahol that people get when they want to feel better." He"d just gotten through a very stressful two hours.
Poor Ennie. *sends virtual kiss*

Although, on the bright side, Space King had been taken to the brig and locked up under constant surveillance, and Jonelle had saved an estimated 45 lives.
There's no way it's THAT easy. Something's wrong. Spaceking WANTED to be captured, like in the Avengers.

He"d still accused her even for a moment of being the terrorist, and he still was feeling the effects from the stress he experienced.
Hmm...

Aww bsh. WAIT- Wut if Jon makes bsh a bad guy. O_O
Dat wud be one madddd twist. Lol.
CHOCOLATE!!!

She"s beautiful.

Aww.

Lol. Ennie. xD Such a cutie.

She got up a minute later and left the room. He really wanted to talk to her, but he didn"t know how to introduce himself.
AWW. Lol.

He took another drink and resolved to stay in his seat for the moment, but he would go see her in sickbay sometime. She was a nurse, so he would be able to find her there.
Such brains. Lol. xD
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 4:17:33 PM
Keep up the great work Jonelle!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 1:16:19 AM
At 10/13/2014 4:17:33 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Haha thanks Esocial. I got a huge plan for the next episode.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 4:58:41 AM
At 10/14/2014 1:16:19 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Can't wait! :D
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:33:08 PM
At 10/14/2014 4:58:41 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/14/2014 1:16:19 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Can't wait! :D

Yeah me either :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9