Jump to topic:

Something positive

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:18:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There has been way too much negativity on this site over the past few days. I want to counter it with something good and uplifting.

A lot of these have been done already, so I get no points for originality.

Everybody give a shoutout to 5-10 members. No criteria, just pick 5-10 members and give us something positive about them.

1. Airmax

His calm demeanor and fair moderation is admirable, and demands my utmost respect. To be honest, there is only one member on this site that I respect at least as much as I do Airmax, but more on that later.

2. YYW

YYW can be abrasive at times, especially when he feels like his opponent in a debate or discussion has resorted to lies or false representation, but that does not stop him from holding a position as one of the most valuable contributors to site content and quality.

3. Esocialbookworm

Esocks is one of the younger members of this website, and in my mind represents the younger generation of DDO members. Her fun-loving, hilarious, and sometimes wild personality provides this website with a much-needed breath of fresh air.

5. EndarkenedRationalist

Another young member, Endark is represents the more serious side of DDO's teenage memberships. An accomplished debater, Endark is responsible for a lot of quality content on this website. He is, however, best known as the talented author of DDO's greatest fanfic, Once Upon a DDO.

6. BSH1

BSH1 is the member I referred to when discussing max. I think that out of all of the members of this website, BSH1 hold the highest level of respect in my eyes, and I honestly catch myself getting a little green over it. He joined only a few months before I did, and had already established himself as an excellent debater. BSH1's contributions to this community are so numerous that I cannot even begin listing them all.

7. Bladerunner

Blade is a member who has demonstrated a level of commitment to this community that is matched only by the most invested of members. Ranging from community improvement projects to running games, Blade's contributions have culminated in his service as our DDO president.

That is all for now. This list is by no means exhaustive, it is late and I am simply too tired to go on. Please list your own shoutouts!
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:19:08 AM
YOU MISSED 4

nac
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:19:20 AM
YOU MISSED NUMBER 4

nac
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:19:38 AM
Why the heck did it post twice
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:28:59 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:19:20 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
YOU MISSED NUMBER 4

nac

its way too late where I live, and I may or may not have been in the presence of vodka recently. I need to go to sleep.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:37:10 AM
A lot of the dram is a result of overly sensitive people but I'll give my shout out to 5 people.

1. Uchi- Awesome guy underrated debater. He also is good at the art of stroking people's egos. Nothing is more important to me than that.

2. DDD- Just debates, doesn't involve himself too much in the social aspects of the site. I have a lot of respect for the people who strictly come here to debate and wish we could have some sort of tournament between the people who almost exclusively debate.

3. Zarroette- I miss her a lot. She left without saying bye and I just know she's addicted and will be back when she is in a position where she has a little more control of her environment.

4. Khaos- Good mafia player and also stands up for what he believes regardless of the consequences.

5. JH1234new- Does a lot of work on the DDO Wiki and unfortunately is one of those people who get overlooked way too often when these shout out threads are up.

6. BornofGod- My personal lord and savior. He is the way the truth and the light.

7. Tophatdoc- Great guy who has helped me work through some personal problems recently. 'm not sure how huge his presence will be but he's back.

8. GCL- Everytime I log on face book I get a ping from her asking me how I'm doing. She is incredibly nice and patient with me despite me getting bored and sometimes trolling he a little.

9. LogicalLunatic- He tries so hard to be a productive member of this site and will be once he has matured a little and has a bit more philosophical grounding for his beliefs. The guy has attemted on many occasions to get some positive things going such as the list he created documenting active users and some small facts about them.

10. Pfalcon- Strictly debates. That's all he does and I'd also like to see him in a tournament of "the silent members", that I've mentioned.
vwv
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:37:42 AM
bsh1 - really open minded guy/girl (I assume guy) and always a pleasure to converse with.

airmax1227 - hardest working member of the website as far as I can tell.

STALIN - highest Elo of any infamous members (and probably his infamy became amplified due to this)

ESocialBookworm - lives up to her/his name (I assume her)

Koopin - invented kfc many years ago and people still use it (found out thanks to jonbonbon). this is quite a legacy to have on the site and may outlive any member's legacy regardless of elo [which may one day be reset for whatever reason].

mikal - elo

that will be that
vwv
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:40:20 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:37:10 AM, Wylted wrote:

2. DDD- Just debates, doesn't involve himself too much in the social aspects of the site. I have a lot of respect for the people who strictly come here to debate and wish we could have some sort of tournament between the people who almost exclusively debate.

10. Pfalcon- Strictly debates. That's all he does and I'd also like to see him in a tournament of "the silent members", that I've mentioned.

How is this a compliment or good thing? I literally see this as an insult if anything.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:43:28 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:40:20 AM, vwv wrote:

How is this a compliment or good thing? I literally see this as an insult if anything.

It's a debate website. That's what these guys do. They don't care about all the bells and whistles. I think it's something very commendable
vwv
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:46:31 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:43:28 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's a debate website. That's what these guys do. They don't care about all the bells and whistles. I think it's something very commendable

You are using the social platform of forums to commend users who fail to contribute to it... Are you suggesting that by honing in their talents to debating alone they are somehow better debaters than the social members?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:48:44 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:46:31 AM, vwv wrote:
At 10/14/2014 12:43:28 AM, Wylted wrote:

You are using the social platform of forums to commend users who fail to contribute to it... Are you suggesting that by honing in their talents to debating alone they are somehow better debaters than the social members?

Not at all.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 1:04:49 AM
Cant even get 15 posts in and there is already a fight. Have some respect for the sentiment behind this OP and either just stop or at least take it elsewhere.

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 5:06:17 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:18:25 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
3. Esocialbookworm

Esocks is one of the younger members of this website, and in my mind represents the younger generation of DDO members. Her fun-loving, hilarious, and sometimes wild personality provides this website with a much-needed breath of fresh air.
AWW. Thanks Pots. <3

5. EndarkenedRationalist

Another young member, Endark is represents the more serious side of DDO's teenage memberships. An accomplished debater, Endark is responsible for a lot of quality content on this website. He is, however, best known as the talented author of DDO's greatest fanfic, Once Upon a DDO.

If you haven't read Rev's fic yet, go read it nao. He's almost as good as Ennie.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 5:07:14 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:37:42 AM, vwv wrote:
bsh1 - really open minded guy/girl (I assume guy) and always a pleasure to converse with.

airmax1227 - hardest working member of the website as far as I can tell.

STALIN - highest Elo of any infamous members (and probably his infamy became amplified due to this)

ESocialBookworm - lives up to her/his name (I assume her)

Koopin - invented kfc many years ago and people still use it (found out thanks to jonbonbon). this is quite a legacy to have on the site and may outlive any member's legacy regardless of elo [which may one day be reset for whatever reason].

mikal - elo

that will be that

Umm... Thanks... I think... :-)
[P.S. I am a 'her']
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 7:15:37 AM
At 10/14/2014 12:18:25 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
There has been way too much negativity on this site over the past few days. I want to counter it with something good and uplifting.

A lot of these have been done already, so I get no points for originality.

Everybody give a shoutout to 5-10 members. No criteria, just pick 5-10 members and give us something positive about them.

1. Airmax

His calm demeanor and fair moderation is admirable, and demands my utmost respect. To be honest, there is only one member on this site that I respect at least as much as I do Airmax, but more on that later.

2. YYW

YYW can be abrasive at times, especially when he feels like his opponent in a debate or discussion has resorted to lies or false representation, but that does not stop him from holding a position as one of the most valuable contributors to site content and quality.

(:

Many thanks, Pots.

3. Esocialbookworm

5. EndarkenedRationalist

6. BSH1

BSH1 is the member I referred to when discussing max. I think that out of all of the members of this website, BSH1 hold the highest level of respect in my eyes, and I honestly catch myself getting a little green over it. He joined only a few months before I did, and had already established himself as an excellent debater. BSH1's contributions to this community are so numerous that I cannot even begin listing them all.

7. Bladerunner

Blade is a member who has demonstrated a level of commitment to this community that is matched only by the most invested of members. Ranging from community improvement projects to running games, Blade's contributions have culminated in his service as our DDO president.

That is all for now. This list is by no means exhaustive, it is late and I am simply too tired to go on. Please list your own shoutouts!
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:00:13 AM
Thanks for the shout-out, Pots! It really means a lot...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:22:36 AM
My shout-outs:

YYW - The love of my life. I've never met anyone who made me smile as much as he does. I've never met anyone who I made me happy as much as he does. I've never met anyone who I felt as comfortable talking to as I am with him. He is my world--the love of my life. I can't wait to start my life with him.

Khaos - Khaos can be a bit self-deprecating, but really, he's one of my best friends on the site. He's willing to listen, to help, and to talk, and I he does all of those things well. Besides that, his quirky genius in mafia is pretty impressive to watch--if not amusing and entertaining. He is also noted for never failing to speak his mind. He is a great contributor to this site--as a friend, mafia player, and poster.

Esocial - Annie is one of DDO's more noteworthy personalities--her out-of-the-box, whimsical, often assertive personality is a refreshing change to the normal archetype of a DDO member. She speaks her mind, but is always supportive and kind to those she cares about. She isn't afraid to try new things, has been honing her trolling skills, and can do a good serious debate when she wants. She brings needed levity and empathy to the DDO community, and though we may disagree on many things, she's a great friend.

Thett3 - His dry sense of humor is absolutely hilarious. If you know anything about him, you need to know (and admire) that. But, there are many things everyone should know about him: he's an amazing debater whose skills are the envy of many DDOians, including myself; he's a Texan (probably his one fault) ; he's a superb writer; and he's a great, compassionate friend.

Pots - Lol. I remember when we first met in that RPG game Mikal hosted. My first impressions of you were that you were a manipulative, conniving, win-at-all-costs person. Never have my first impressions been so wrong. You are a warmhearted person whose nerdiness I can totally appreciate. As one of my first DDO friends, you were part of the reason I stuck around this site, and so YYW and I owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

If I left you out--I apologize. I just picked 5 people to do shout-outs for. This list is by no means exhaustive.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:24:11 AM
on my phone in class and too lazy to read, have i been mentioned?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:31:14 AM
At 10/14/2014 11:24:11 AM, imabench wrote:

Imabench - The king of trolls. He's made myriad contributions to this site--his efforts at keeping people honest and weeding out the forum's more asinine threads, to his literary endeavors, to his bringing a comedic note to the site through his acerbic wit, he has changed DDO forever. He will always be known as one of DDO's most controversial members, but I am pretty sure he likes it that way. And his controversies have often sparked needed evaluations that have led to productive discussions throughout his time on DDO. He has been, and hopefully will continue to be, an important contributor to this community.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:13:57 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:22:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:
My shout-outs:

YYW - The love of my life. I've never met anyone who made me smile as much as he does. I've never met anyone who I made me happy as much as he does. I've never met anyone who I felt as comfortable talking to as I am with him. He is my world--the love of my life. I can't wait to start my life with him.

You are the love of my life too, and I will always love you :)

Khaos - Khaos can be a bit self-deprecating, but really, he's one of my best friends on the site. He's willing to listen, to help, and to talk, and I he does all of those things well. Besides that, his quirky genius in mafia is pretty impressive to watch--if not amusing and entertaining. He is also noted for never failing to speak his mind. He is a great contributor to this site--as a friend, mafia player, and poster.

Esocial - Annie is one of DDO's more noteworthy personalities--her out-of-the-box, whimsical, often assertive personality is a refreshing change to the normal archetype of a DDO member. She speaks her mind, but is always supportive and kind to those she cares about. She isn't afraid to try new things, has been honing her trolling skills, and can do a good serious debate when she wants. She brings needed levity and empathy to the DDO community, and though we may disagree on many things, she's a great friend.

Thett3 - His dry sense of humor is absolutely hilarious. If you know anything about him, you need to know (and admire) that. But, there are many things everyone should know about him: he's an amazing debater whose skills are the envy of many DDOians, including myself; he's a Texan (probably his one fault) ; he's a superb writer; and he's a great, compassionate friend.

Pots - Lol. I remember when we first met in that RPG game Mikal hosted. My first impressions of you were that you were a manipulative, conniving, win-at-all-costs person. Never have my first impressions been so wrong. You are a warmhearted person whose nerdiness I can totally appreciate. As one of my first DDO friends, you were part of the reason I stuck around this site, and so YYW and I owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

If I left you out--I apologize. I just picked 5 people to do shout-outs for. This list is by no means exhaustive.
Tsar of DDO
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:31:28 PM
My shout-outs:

Haha! I was trying to play the role of the dirty politician, so I guess I did alright...
And I am flattered!

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 12:36:06 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:31:14 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 11:24:11 AM, imabench wrote:

Imabench - The Troll God of War. He's made myriad contributions to this site--his efforts at keeping people honest and weeding out the forum's more asinine threads, to his literary endeavors, to his bringing a comedic note to the site through his acerbic wit, he has changed DDO forever. He will always be known as one of DDO's most controversial members, but I am pretty sure he likes it that way. And his controversies have often sparked needed evaluations that have led to productive discussions throughout his time on DDO. He has been, and hopefully will continue to be, an important contributor to this community.

Fix'd
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 2:02:35 PM
At 10/14/2014 12:13:57 PM, YYW wrote:
My shout-outs:

You are the love of my life too, and I will always love you :)

<3
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 2:05:57 PM
At 10/14/2014 12:31:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Haha! I was trying to play the role of the dirty politician, so I guess I did alright...

Lol...definitely ;) I have an idea for an RPG game that I might want to try out sometime in November...I'm usually so busy with mafia, but now that I've cut back, I might try something different.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 3:57:23 PM
At 10/14/2014 2:05:57 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Lol...definitely ;) I have an idea for an RPG game that I might want to try out sometime in November...I'm usually so busy with mafia, but now that I've cut back, I might try something different.

Hit me up when you decide to do this. I've been getting burnt out on mafia lately so something else would be nice.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 3:59:31 PM
At 10/14/2014 2:05:57 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Actually, if you want help making it I'd be more than willing to co-make something with you, depending on what you're thinking of doing specifically. I might wanna play it more than wanna see others play it xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 4:06:06 PM
Shout out to...

Wylted- he seems to have accidentally become even more controversial of a member than imabench, with his is constant desire to push the boundaries and improve himself as a debater; but it is those same characteristics which also make him an undeniably valuable contributor to the site.

YYW- with his informed opinions on virtually every subject and his ever-so-verbose writing style, his posts are always a delight to read regardless of the topic.

Envisage- he is one of the most sincere members on DDO in his pursuit for knowledge, always bringing an open mind to discussions and willing to debate both sides of almost all issues; one of my first friends on the site

Zmikecuber- an epic philosophical debater who really doesn't get enough credit; I personally think he's just as strong a debater as legends like Contradiction and Nur-Ab-Sal.

Thett- probably one of the funniest people on DDO, and the first prominent member to talk to me and welcome me on to the site.... even though he still refuses to accept me as his apprentice D':

Debatability- another one of my first friends on the site, despite her thinking that I was a secondary account of Jifpop at first; she is very well-spoken and interesting to talk to, a great debater as well, and a really cool person in general. We have a debate coming soon.

Dtaylor- as far as I can tell, the only active member on DDO who is younger than me... but still one of the many active members on DDO who are smarter than me. I hope to debate him eventually.

Malacoda- DEATH NOTE FANS 4 LIFE.

Bluesteel- is more or less an omniscient debating god

Whiteflame- has my gratitude for voting on so many of my debates, all with extensive RFDs loaded with invaluable feedback; I have already improved quite a bit within the span of my 2 months here thanks to his advice.

Raisor- he completely crushed me in one of my first serious debates on the site (as expected from someone of his caliber) and continues to serve as a debate role model for me... I am tempted to abandon thett and try getting Raisor to accept me as his apprentice.

9spaceking- despite being sort of annoying at times, he is undoubtedly a sincere member who does put forth his best effort at everything he does on here

TrasguTravieso- a severely underrated debater who pretty much no one has heard of; he detects the weaknesses in arguments like a machine, and besides debating skill, has a great sense of humor.

I've probably left a few users off the list on accident... I'll most likely end up adding some more shout outs upon remembering them...