Jump to topic:

My New Account

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 9:53:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello, everyone! As you can see, I have a new account as of the moment. Before you start calling me a "multi-account troll" or the "next RationalMadman," I would like to formally address my situation.

Two days ago, I was writing my DDO fanfic and left my computer on and went to sleep. My mom apparently snooped around, clicked on the link to my previous chapter on the Word document, and stumbled into everything that I posted in DDO in the process. Remember how I said my parents hated DDO? Well, they were PISSED. They forced RevL8ion's account and password out of me, and if I make one more forum post on there, I'm screwed.

Instead of being obedient and cooperative, I naturally did the opposite. Now, normally I would have just let it go, if it were any other site. However, I don't see any negative thing about DDO except for the trolling and the profanity, but they don't even know about that. I disagree on their views of DDO, in fact, I have the polar opposite. This is why I'm struggling to remain on this site, not to mention all of my friends on this site (I have friends...right? Guys? D:).

For now, this will be my permanent account, RevNge. I still wanted to retain the "Rev" at the beginning so no one would have to call me something different, but I still prefer RevL8ion (for you doofs who never knew what it means, it means Revelation, where the "el" becomes L, and "at" becomes 8). To be honest, I don't like this username, but it's the best word I could come up with that started with "Rev," so I'm just going to roll with it. Make sure you still call me Rev, though. :P

Lastly, I would like to apologize to the authorities of DDO, namely Airmax and TUF. I've created two other accounts besides RevNge, and they were totally unnecessary, now that I look back at them. Regardless, I made sure to deactivate both of them. If I caused you any trouble with my multi-accounting, I'm deeply sorry. However, I would like to make one request--no, a plea, actually. Please don't close down RevL8ion. If my parents ever happen to look at RevL8ion without logging on to it and sees the deactivation, they'll be pissed. What's even worse if the deactivation could delete some data on that account, and if they find it missing, they'll think I deleted it. I won't be active on that account again, I can assure you that, but please keep it open.

Well, my sister just snuck up behind me and watched me. *sigh* I better end this post before she snitches on me, although she loves to get me in trouble anyway. See you later, then.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:05:50 PM
I feel for you. I've been on DDO for almost three years, and my mother hasn't found out, so I'm not terribly concerned. I'm not sure why they'd hate DDO so much though. Of all the sites to socialize on, this seems to be one of the better ones.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:06:58 PM
Give me your parents social security numbers and credit card information. I'll make them accept DDO
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:13:00 PM
I'm. Curious avot their problem with DDO also. This is the best site in the Internet. If they ban you from here. They might as well ban the whole internet
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:13:40 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:11:44 PM, Malacoda wrote:
I guess I'm lucky. My parent's support my DDO ventures.

I'm even luckier, my dad is dead
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:15:10 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:13:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:11:44 PM, Malacoda wrote:
I guess I'm lucky. My parent's support my DDO ventures.

I'm even luckier, my dad is dead

Well. That's morbid.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:15:39 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:13:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm. Curious avot their problem with DDO also. This is the best site in the Internet. If they ban you from here. They might as well ban the whole internet

This is true^

My parents were personally indifferent as long as I used it for intellectual purposes. I started as a troll and I have trolled since XD they know I joke around though, so they're more comfortable. Now I'm in college and they don't have the ability to control what sites I use anyway, so yeah :P
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:22:14 PM
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

"MY daughter debates online and excuse me what does ur daughter do?" - my parents everyday
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:31:07 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:22:14 PM, debatability wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

"MY daughter debates online and excuse me what does ur daughter do?" - my parents everyday

Me jelly.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:39:30 PM
At 10/14/2014 9:53:44 PM, RevNge wrote:
Hello, everyone! As you can see, I have a new account as of the moment. Before you start calling me a "multi-account troll" or the "next RationalMadman," I would like to formally address my situation.

Two days ago, I was writing my DDO fanfic and left my computer on and went to sleep. My mom apparently snooped around, clicked on the link to my previous chapter on the Word document, and stumbled into everything that I posted in DDO in the process. Remember how I said my parents hated DDO? Well, they were PISSED. They forced RevL8ion's account and password out of me, and if I make one more forum post on there, I'm screwed.

Instead of being obedient and cooperative, I naturally did the opposite. Now, normally I would have just let it go, if it were any other site. However, I don't see any negative thing about DDO except for the trolling and the profanity, but they don't even know about that. I disagree on their views of DDO, in fact, I have the polar opposite. This is why I'm struggling to remain on this site, not to mention all of my friends on this site (I have friends...right? Guys? D:).

For now, this will be my permanent account, RevNge. I still wanted to retain the "Rev" at the beginning so no one would have to call me something different, but I still prefer RevL8ion (for you doofs who never knew what it means, it means Revelation, where the "el" becomes L, and "at" becomes 8). To be honest, I don't like this username, but it's the best word I could come up with that started with "Rev," so I'm just going to roll with it. Make sure you still call me Rev, though. :P

Lastly, I would like to apologize to the authorities of DDO, namely Airmax and TUF. I've created two other accounts besides RevNge, and they were totally unnecessary, now that I look back at them. Regardless, I made sure to deactivate both of them. If I caused you any trouble with my multi-accounting, I'm deeply sorry. However, I would like to make one request--no, a plea, actually. Please don't close down RevL8ion. If my parents ever happen to look at RevL8ion without logging on to it and sees the deactivation, they'll be pissed. What's even worse if the deactivation could delete some data on that account, and if they find it missing, they'll think I deleted it. I won't be active on that account again, I can assure you that, but please keep it open.

Well, my sister just snuck up behind me and watched me. *sigh* I better end this post before she snitches on me, although she loves to get me in trouble anyway. See you later, then.

Why were your parents so pissed? I'd be delighted to know that my kid wanted to pursue intellectual edification...
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:52:40 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:31:07 PM, RevNge wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Me jelly.

Message me.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:55:16 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:39:30 PM, YYW wrote:

Why were your parents so pissed? I'd be delighted to know that my kid wanted to pursue intellectual edification...

Some parents (like those of yours truly) view anything to with intellectual development to be deceit straight from the hands of the devil. Nearly got thrown out for trying to go to school.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:55:34 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:52:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:31:07 PM, RevNge wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Me jelly.

Message me.

I can't. We're not friends. XD
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:58:37 PM
I can relate :(
My parents view DDO (as well as everything else not related to school) to be a complete waste of time and serving as nothing more than a distraction from my 'studies'. In fact, they blocked the site on my computer, which is why I can only access DDO from my phone now. Hopefully, by the time I get a new computer in a month or so (cuz the old one sucks), they would have forgotten about the site and won't install the blocker again... then I can start DDOing via CP once more, next time without allowing my parents to find out about it...

Anyways, I hope you are able to continue using the site under the radar of your parents. You're a good member, and it would be sad to see you go like that. Parents really can be unreasonable sometimes :/
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:00:25 PM
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Tell your mom to join us on hangouts sometime!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:00:59 PM
Hello, everyone! As you can see, I have a new account as of the moment. I am a "multi-account troll" and the "next RationalMadman," but really...

Fix'd.

But all sh!t aside, I hope you can stay! :)
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:02:02 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:00:59 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Hello, everyone! As you can see, I have a new account as of the moment. I am a "multi-account troll" and the "next RationalMadman," but really...

Fix'd.

Well, I can't really disagree...

And yeah, I hope so too. My sister's a huge snitch though. I'm worried about her the most.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:02:31 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:02:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/14/2014 11:00:59 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Fix'd.

Well, I can't really disagree...

And yeah, I hope so too. My sister's a huge snitch though. I'm worried about her the most.

Why do your parents hate DDO?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:02:33 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:00:25 PM, thett3 wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

We can have a bring your parent to DDO day!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:03:00 PM
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Not only does she hate DDO, she hates everyone in DDO. V_V
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:03:55 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:02:33 PM, Malacoda wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Luke, you are a genius. Gentlemen, I suggest we start planning.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:04:20 PM
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Oh dear god.

Actually, that's a really good idea. I'm gonna write a short fanfic about that. XD
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:05:07 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:03:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Not only does she hate DDO, she hates everyone in DDO. V_V

Broja, just get smarter. I went through the same thing when my parents saw me kissing my boyfriend at the time. They came around eventually.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:05:54 PM
My parents don't--and cannot--know that this site exists.

@Rev - why'd you post this? If your parents happen to see it, they'll know you've switched accounts.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:06:47 PM
Ironically, with DDO now being at my fingertips 24/7, I have ended up checking my DDO notifications *far* more regularly than I did when I only used the site from a desktop computer... my parents' efforts to stop me from 'wasting time' have only gotten me permanently addicted to it.
Malacoda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:07:50 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:03:55 PM, thett3 wrote:
aw man that sucks.
my parents love ddo

Luke, you are a genius. Gentlemen, I suggest we start planning.

It's about time I get some recognition. In all seriousness though, my mom would love to do that. I told her that one of my DDO friends was travelling around the country (Tim of course) and she demanded that he stay at our house.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:08:06 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:05:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
My parents don't--and cannot--know that this site exists.

@Rev - why'd you post this? If your parents happen to see it, they'll know you've switched accounts.

They hate DDO. They only look at my account and MY forum posts. Besides, this will be buried under a barrage of new threads soon enough anyway. I'm safe, don't worry.