Jump to topic:

Star Debate Season 1 E5 p1: New Reality

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:36:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Episode 4, part 7: http://www.debate.org...

Oncoming woke up to an almost blinding light, but his eyes adjusted quickly enough. He stood up. Wasn"t he dead? The last thing he remembered was the sensation of having a heated blade run up through his torso. People don"t just survive that.
He looked around and there was nothing. Literally nothing. He was in some sort of white room that had no definition of any kind. Then a woman walked toward him. She said, "Hi Oncoming Storm. Welcome to the afterlife."

"This is the afterlife?" he asked not quite believing it. This was hell if anything. There was nothing, and nothing will make you go crazy after a while.

"Well it"s the waiting room anyway."

"So who are you then?"

"I"m one of the Q."

The Q. That was the continuum of supernatural beings with an infinite power over the universe. They considered themselves better than all other life and had accused humanity of heinous crimes worthy of death for all humans. This couldn"t be a good situation.

But why would they run an afterlife for people they thought nothing of? Unless they were bound by some law of the universe to it.

"Well, I actually need you," the Q said, reading his thoughts probably. "I"ve been waiting for you to die for a while now."

"You what?" Oncoming asked, feeling startled that this Q had been watching him and waiting for him to die. But she didn"t kill him, which meant she was different from what they knew about Q. If she really needed him, she could have taken multiple different courses of action.

"It"s kind of difficult to explain," she said looking a little uncomfortable. "Here, let me take you to the Q continuum. I have to show you."

He didn"t really have much of a choice. "Alright, take me."

His last thought before dying was that Jonelle was going to lose him, and he didn"t want that to happen. He would definitely die in place of her, but he wouldn"t want to just die that long before she would. Maybe if he was able to help the Q, they"d revive him and bring him back, but of course, that was something he could only hope for. Maybe after dying, you couldn"t go back. He didn"t know the extent of the Q"s powers.

His thoughts were cut off when the landscape around him turned into a field. It was kind of like a field you would find on earth. Trenches surrounded by barbed wire were set up on either side of the field. The sky was black, and Oncoming couldn"t tell if it was black with smoke or just nighttime cloud cover. Of course, the fact he had to ask himself that probably meant it was probably smoke.

"What you see isn"t real," Q said.

"You said you were going to show me something, so you show me an illusion?"

"Well, it"s real but it"s not. I have to represent the Q continuum in a way your mind can understand, otherwise you"ll probably die."

"I thought I am dead."

"Well you were, but you"re not anymore. Anyway, pay attention. I have to show you about something that"s going on."

Gunshots started firing, and smoke arose from each of the trenches. Screams of people dying resounded through the field, and Oncoming was filled with a sudden grief. He couldn"t stand to just listen to people die. Even being a security officer who had killed people before, he didn"t even like seeing people die.

A hand grabbed his. It was Q. She ran ahead of him, and he followed now realizing that they might be in danger. Why did she have to run? Couldn"t she just teleport?

"No, I can"t," she said as they got into a grove of trees. "We"re in the Q continuum. I"m representing this in a way you can understand, but I don"t have absolute control here. To you, what I"m doing is like running. And you might as well start saying things out loud, I can hear your thoughts anyway."

"So I"m the least powerful thing here, and you"ve brought me to help. What"s your reasoning?" Oncoming asked feeling a bit confused as to what was going on and how he should feel.

"I need you to have a baby with me."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sir, we"re coming up on the spatial disturbance," Mikal said.

"Slow us down, and keep us outside of its threshold," Airmax responded. "Endark, can you give me any information on it?"

Endarkened Rationalist had picked up a spatial disturbance in the scanners and recommended they go research it. Of course, being an explorer, Airmax promptly agreed. They might finally do exploring, which was part of the mission of a Galaxy Class Starship. They were great for battle, but they were also civilian transports, so they weren"t for war.

"It seems like a gravity well," Endark said looking closer at the scans.

"Mikal, we"re not caught in the gravity well right?" Airmax asked just to make sure.

"No, sir, we would"ve felt that rock our bodies," Mikal responded with a chuckle.

"It is difficult to scan though," Endark said shooting a confused look to the screen then back down at his panel.

"Yeah, it"s basically impossible to tell what"s at the center of it," Linkish said looking at his own scanners.

Then the ship started to creak. Not just creak but shake, and then the force of an earthquake hit the deck. Everyone, even those in a seat, fell in some form or fashion. Mikal tried to pull himself back to the helm, but the force of another shockwave almost knocked him back to where Mike was.

Endark fell back toward Wylted. Wylted and Mike held onto Mikal and Endark. Airmax turned to see if Linkish and Blade were alright, but another shockwave hit, and his neck bent unnaturally. He fell limp into his seat then began to slide out of it.

He couldn"t feel his legs.

Or his arms.

He tried, but he couldn"t move them. They didn"t even feel numb. They just didn"t feel. No this was not good. This was actually fairly terrible.

Airmax was only able to stare at the screen and saw the stars bend in the background of space as they neared the gravity well. The lights went out and the array of sparks became the only method of lighting on the bridge. Then he heard the hull buckling.
It was a terrible noise that no captain ever ever ever ever ever ever wanted to hear. The sound of metal squealing then snapping just told him that his crew was dying, and he was losing his ship. Then he felt something. The air in the room felt like it was being sucked out. Slowly, but he felt the air get thinner by the second.

Then the front of the bridge tore off too far for the emergency force fields to cover up.

Then everything was black.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:48:35 PM
At 10/14/2014 10:36:34 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Episode 4, part 7: http://www.debate.org...

Oncoming woke up to an almost blinding light, but his eyes adjusted quickly enough. He stood up. Wasn"t he dead? The last thing he remembered was the sensation of having a heated blade run up through his torso. People don"t just survive that.
He looked around and there was nothing. Literally nothing. He was in some sort of white room that had no definition of any kind. Then a woman walked toward him. She said, "Hi Oncoming Storm. Welcome to the afterlife."

GODAMMIT JONBONBON WHY YOU DO THIS DAMMMMMMMMMMMM
*goes to rewrite major plot-lines of season 2 of OUAD*

Cool that he's alive though.

"This is the afterlife?" he asked not quite believing it. This was hell if anything. There was nothing, and nothing will make you go crazy after a while.

"Well it"s the waiting room anyway."

"So who are you then?"

"I"m one of the Q."

O.

The Q. That was the continuum of supernatural beings with an infinite power over the universe. They considered themselves better than all other life and had accused humanity of heinous crimes worthy of death for all humans. This couldn"t be a good situation.

Oh no.

But why would they run an afterlife for people they thought nothing of? Unless they were bound by some law of the universe to it.

"Well, I actually need you," the Q said, reading his thoughts probably. "I"ve been waiting for you to die for a while now."

......creepy

"You what?" Oncoming asked, feeling startled that this Q had been watching him and waiting for him to die. But she didn"t kill him, which meant she was different from what they knew about Q. If she really needed him, she could have taken multiple different courses of action.

"It"s kind of difficult to explain," she said looking a little uncomfortable. "Here, let me take you to the Q continuum. I have to show you."

The Q continuum :-)

He didn"t really have much of a choice. "Alright, take me."

His last thought before dying was that Jonelle was going to lose him, and he didn"t want that to happen. He would definitely die in place of her, but he wouldn"t want to just die that long before she would. Maybe if he was able to help the Q, they"d revive him and bring him back, but of course, that was something he could only hope for. Maybe after dying, you couldn"t go back. He didn"t know the extent of the Q"s powers.

His thoughts were cut off when the landscape around him turned into a field. It was kind of like a field you would find on earth. Trenches surrounded by barbed wire were set up on either side of the field. The sky was black, and Oncoming couldn"t tell if it was black with smoke or just nighttime cloud cover. Of course, the fact he had to ask himself that probably meant it was probably smoke.

"What you see isn"t real," Q said.

YOU IN DA MATRIX, STORM

"You said you were going to show me something, so you show me an illusion?"

"Well, it"s real but it"s not. I have to represent the Q continuum in a way your mind can understand, otherwise you"ll probably die."

"I thought I am dead."

"Well you were, but you"re not anymore. Anyway, pay attention. I have to show you about something that"s going on."

xD. Yeah, you were dead. Now you're alive. Happens.

Gunshots started firing, and smoke arose from each of the trenches. Screams of people dying resounded through the field, and Oncoming was filled with a sudden grief. He couldn"t stand to just listen to people die. Even being a security officer who had killed people before, he didn"t even like seeing people die.

A hand grabbed his. It was Q. She ran ahead of him, and he followed now realizing that they might be in danger. Why did she have to run? Couldn"t she just teleport?

"No, I can"t," she said as they got into a grove of trees. "We"re in the Q continuum. I"m representing this in a way you can understand, but I don"t have absolute control here. To you, what I"m doing is like running. And you might as well start saying things out loud, I can hear your thoughts anyway."

Ahhhhh. So she reads minds too.

"So I"m the least powerful thing here, and you"ve brought me to help. What"s your reasoning?" Oncoming asked feeling a bit confused as to what was going on and how he should feel.

"I need you to have a baby with me."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhkayyyyyy thennnn
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sir, we"re coming up on the spatial disturbance," Mikal said.

"Slow us down, and keep us outside of its threshold," Airmax responded. "Endark, can you give me any information on it?"

Endarkened Rationalist had picked up a spatial disturbance in the scanners and recommended they go research it. Of course, being an explorer, Airmax promptly agreed. They might finally do exploring, which was part of the mission of a Galaxy Class Starship. They were great for battle, but they were also civilian transports, so they weren"t for war.

Yeah, I picked up a thing!

"It seems like a gravity well," Endark said looking closer at the scans.

"Mikal, we"re not caught in the gravity well right?" Airmax asked just to make sure.

"No, sir, we would"ve felt that rock our bodies," Mikal responded with a chuckle.

"It is difficult to scan though," Endark said shooting a confused look to the screen then back down at his panel.

"Yeah, it"s basically impossible to tell what"s at the center of it," Linkish said looking at his own scanners.

Then the ship started to creak. Not just creak but shake, and then the force of an earthquake hit the deck. Everyone, even those in a seat, fell in some form or fashion. Mikal tried to pull himself back to the helm, but the force of another shockwave almost knocked him back to where Mike was.

Endark fell back toward Wylted. Wylted and Mike held onto Mikal and Endark. Airmax turned to see if Linkish and Blade were alright, but another shockwave hit, and his neck bent unnaturally. He fell limp into his seat then began to slide out of it.

What

He couldn"t feel his legs.

What

Or his arms.

WHAT

He tried, but he couldn"t move them. They didn"t even feel numb. They just didn"t feel. No this was not good. This was actually fairly terrible.

WHAAAAAAAAAT

Airmax was only able to stare at the screen and saw the stars bend in the background of space as they neared the gravity well. The lights went out and the array of sparks became the only method of lighting on the bridge. Then he heard the hull buckling.
It was a terrible noise that no captain ever ever ever ever ever ever wanted to hear. The sound of metal squealing then snapping just told him that his crew was dying, and he was losing his ship. Then he felt something. The air in the room felt like it was being sucked out. Slowly, but he felt the air get thinner by the second.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Then the front of the bridge tore off too far for the emergency force fields to cover up.

Then everything went black.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAT
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:55:59 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:48:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Lol when I read your reaction I became a rotflcopter. That's all I gotta say XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:11:27 AM
At 10/14/2014 11:55:59 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

That's my job <3
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:11:53 AM

I would have posted a meme, but you tend to win those wars.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:14:21 AM
At 10/15/2014 12:11:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I would have posted a meme, but you tend to win those wars.

Lol I always win those wars.

Anyway, yeah I decided to just add as much shock factor to this part as I could. I've got a very different type of story coming, but it's actually one that really should be included due to the nature of Star Trek, which this is based off of.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:02:53 AM
At 10/15/2014 8:16:15 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Bump

Lol thanks for watching out for me. Has annie read this? She usually leaves comments like you do.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 10:49:29 PM
WHY AM I NOW SEEING THIS/! nac
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.