Jump to topic:

Late Messages

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 12:48:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
For some reason I am not receiving message notifications in a timely manner. For instance two weeks ago I opened a new page and had five of them. The top one was received three hours prior to the notifications and the lowest new one was received over a week before the notifications popped up.

I thought that this was an isolated incident, but I just hit my message list (it had no notifications) and found that at 1:47 AM EST today I got a message. Is anyone else having this problem?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 1:50:04 PM
I've had the same problem, however, if you check your e-mail often as I do, then you rarely miss the messages, even if they don't show up on the sidebar.
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:08:12 PM
same here, I thought it was a proxy problem.

Now I know otherwise
: At 4/21/2010 5:49:24 PM, banker wrote:
: Mirza at least no one is misunderstanding santa...!!
:
:Hitler had sexual issues just like muhammud..!!
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 5:16:31 PM
The bug is that if you send a new message to person X, and person X responds back, you won't get any notification until you post your first response.

For example...

Person X creates a new message thread to Person Y -- Person Y gets notified.
Person Y responds to Person X -- Person X will not get notified until his first response
Person Y responds to Person X -- Person X will not get notified until his first response
Person X finally responds to Person Y -- Person Y gets notified.
Person Y responds to Person X -- Person X will finally get notifications
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 7:09:09 PM
Incidentally, one of the things that I love about DDO's message system is that after the first response, the message number lights up in real time. In other words, you can be reading a thread page for two minutes, and all of a sudden the number lights up.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...