Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Adam's call for Peace. (in support of Yama)

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:36:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
My fellow brothers and honorable members of the house of DDO. I hereby vote in support of YamaVonKarma's resolution stating and calling for peace on DDO. It is a fundamental necessity for human beings to respect another and work together in a community such as this one. Therefore we should all aim to be good, decent members of DDO.

Thank you very much.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:21:33 PM
"Ideals are peaceful, history is bloody" - Brad Pitt in Fury

As the DDO Troll God of War, I need you to hear me out when I explain why calling for peace wont work in a million years.

Trolls and idiots in general dont leave DDO because people hold hands, sing kumbaya, and unlock some kind of magical avatar state that banishes trolls with unbreakable goodness or any girly sh** like that...... Trolls and idiots rarely voluntarily leave in the first place, and those that do voluntarily leave usually come back 50% of the time anyways. I've dealt with many trolls and idiots in borderline-hellish conflicts over my span on DDO. Malcomxy, Rationalmadman, Stalin, ADreamOfLiberty, Adam2, ScottyDouglas, along with less harmless mega idiots like Leojm and Geolaurate8 to name a few, so I know what im talking about here.

There are two ways in which trolls and idiots to leave the site 1) Is to make it so unpleasant for them to log on and troll the site that they lose their will to log in and troll, 2) Is when the mods have to step in and ban people for continuous violation of the conduct rules on the site.

Often, its option 2 that ends up happening even though I myself prefer for it to be option 1. Trolls and idiots have very poor self control in the first place, so when they get sucked into a flamewar that toes the line of conduct for what is and isnt acceptable behavior, they often will go over the edge by escalating the conflict to try to win/end the flamewar, causing the mods to end up getting involved in the whole ordeal. Since trolls and idiots also have very sh*tty memory, going over the edge in flamewars is something that they will do time and time again. Bad memory, bad self-control, usually a poor respect for authority, along with the attention that flame wars get will cause trolls/idiots to keep getting into flamewars.

The downside of employing option 2 to get rid of trolls and idiots is that it involves getting your hands dirty, which lots of people on this site are not very willing to do. Engaging trolls and idiots in flamewars with the intention of making them go over the edge pisses off the mods quite a bit, and they have the right to be mad at you for doing so. Ive caught plenty of sh** for my actions over the years, been temp-banned several times, and I think I have 7 active restraining orders against people as well, so most people are turned off by the idea of getting their hands dirty to deal with someone because they don't like being in trouble period.

Since i'm naturally kind of a d*ck, I make peace with it since in my mind, catching hell from the mods when trying to get idiots and trolls off the site is an acceptable trade-off. 90% of the time I accept any consequences, punishments, and orders from the mods over my actions when a flame-war escalates since I respect their authority. Trolls and idiots though as I said before do NOT respect authority, and thats the key to getting them off the site. When two sides cause some sh** and one of them abides by the mods orders when the other doesnt, then the side that doesnt (trolls + idiots) quickly make themselves targets. Then, when these trolls and idiots get into other scraps with other members of the site, they have to deal with the mods again after the conflict escalates. After enough warnings and terms violations, they'll start getting temp-banned and then perm-banned, or at the very least learn to shut up more often.

You dont need an entire website to get trolls off of the site. You just need ONE person to be a bit of a d*ck and get their hands dirty, a few other members to end up in scraps with the troll/idiot in question, and then just let nature takes its course. Once trolls are pushed to the edge of acceptable behavior in a flamewar, they quickly become accustomed to going to the edge and then over the edge in other flame wars. This, combined with their natural distaste for authority and the mods, is what causes them to get temp-banned or perm-banned eventually. Not all trolls and idiots completely lack self-control though. Stalin hung in there for quite a while, as did RM, so it might take several members in several conflicts over a good period of time for the troll/idiot to finally cross the line for the last time.

TLDR: Calling for peace doesnt get trolls off the site, and I know this from experience. You need one guy to really get his hands dirty and a few others to engage with the troll before nature takes its course. Thats best the way to get trolls and idiots off the site.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:37:16 PM
At 10/18/2014 12:21:33 PM, imabench wrote:

As the DDO Troll God of War, I need you to hear me out when I explain why calling for peace wont work in a million years.

Trolls and idiots in general dont leave DDO because people hold hands, sing kumbaya, and unlock some kind of magical avatar state that banishes trolls with unbreakable goodness or any girly sh** like that...... Trolls and idiots rarely voluntarily leave in the first place, and those that do voluntarily leave usually come back 50% of the time anyways. I've dealt with many trolls and idiots in borderline-hellish conflicts over my span on DDO. Malcomxy, Rationalmadman, Stalin, ADreamOfLiberty, Adam2, ScottyDouglas, along with less harmless mega idiots like Leojm and Geolaurate8 to name a few, so I know what im talking about here.

There are two ways in which trolls and idiots to leave the site 1) Is to make it so unpleasant for them to log on and troll the site that they lose their will to log in and troll, 2) Is when the mods have to step in and ban people for continuous violation of the conduct rules on the site.

Often, its option 2 that ends up happening even though I myself prefer for it to be option 1. Trolls and idiots have very poor self control in the first place, so when they get sucked into a flamewar that toes the line of conduct for what is and isnt acceptable behavior, they often will go over the edge by escalating the conflict to try to win/end the flamewar, causing the mods to end up getting involved in the whole ordeal. Since trolls and idiots also have very sh*tty memory, going over the edge in flamewars is something that they will do time and time again. Bad memory, bad self-control, usually a poor respect for authority, along with the attention that flame wars get will cause trolls/idiots to keep getting into flamewars.

The downside of employing option 2 to get rid of trolls and idiots is that it involves getting your hands dirty, which lots of people on this site are not very willing to do. Engaging trolls and idiots in flamewars with the intention of making them go over the edge pisses off the mods quite a bit, and they have the right to be mad at you for doing so. Ive caught plenty of sh** for my actions over the years, been temp-banned several times, and I think I have 7 active restraining orders against people as well, so most people are turned off by the idea of getting their hands dirty to deal with someone because they don't like being in trouble period.

Since i'm naturally kind of a d*ck, I make peace with it since in my mind, catching hell from the mods when trying to get idiots and trolls off the site is an acceptable trade-off. 90% of the time I accept any consequences, punishments, and orders from the mods over my actions when a flame-war escalates since I respect their authority. Trolls and idiots though as I said before do NOT respect authority, and thats the key to getting them off the site. When two sides cause some sh** and one of them abides by the mods orders when the other doesnt, then the side that doesnt (trolls + idiots) quickly make themselves targets. Then, when these trolls and idiots get into other scraps with other members of the site, they have to deal with the mods again after the conflict escalates. After enough warnings and terms violations, they'll start getting temp-banned and then perm-banned, or at the very least learn to shut up more often.

You dont need an entire website to get trolls off of the site. You just need ONE person to be a bit of a d*ck and get their hands dirty, a few other members to end up in scraps with the troll/idiot in question, and then just let nature takes its course. Once trolls are pushed to the edge of acceptable behavior in a flamewar, they quickly become accustomed to going to the edge and then over the edge in other flame wars. This, combined with their natural distaste for authority and the mods, is what causes them to get temp-banned or perm-banned eventually. Not all trolls and idiots completely lack self-control though. Stalin hung in there for quite a while, as did RM, so it might take several members in several conflicts over a good period of time for the troll/idiot to finally cross the line for the last time.

TLDR: Calling for peace doesnt get trolls off the site, and I know this from experience. You need one guy to really get his hands dirty and a few others to engage with the troll before nature takes its course. Thats best the way to get trolls and idiots off the site.

I see. Shall we hire a serial killer?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:11:44 PM
At 10/18/2014 12:37:16 PM, RevNge wrote:

Nah, a regular axe murderer will do just fine
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:14:51 PM
At 10/18/2014 2:11:44 PM, imabench wrote:

Nah, I will do just fine

Fix'd
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 12:33:19 AM
At 10/18/2014 12:21:33 PM, imabench wrote:

I read this entire speech btw.

I see, well I just went along with Yama's thread and decided to join the revolution. I was eve going to hashtag this thread: #yama's peace

But yeah, it's futile and I know it's futile. Specially when we have pro-hacker trolls and advertiser trolls. God damn love potion promoters.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 12:34:18 AM
At 10/18/2014 2:14:51 PM, RevNge wrote:

Yes, I will do just fine.

Fix'd

Fix'd
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 12:35:23 AM

Nah, a regular axe murderer will do just fine

Trolls are hard to kill though.