Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Shameful Plea for Help + Imabench Responce

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:19:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

LOL. Seriously, I do feel sorry for you guys, but there's no way in hell I'm joining edeb8.

O.o
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:19:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:19:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

LOL. Seriously, I do feel sorry for you guys, but there's no way in hell I'm joining edeb8.

O.o
I prefer the small membership, and don't want ungrateful pricks on the site to begin with. But yeah, don't join.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:21:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:19:58 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:19:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

LOL. Seriously, I do feel sorry for you guys, but there's no way in hell I'm joining edeb8.

O.o
I prefer the small membership, and don't want ungrateful pricks on the site to begin with. But yeah, don't join.

Well, 75% of the reason I dislike edeb8 is because you keep advertising it here annoyingly. The other 25% is the lack of activity that DDO is teeming with. Perhaps you could change my view of it. :P
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:23:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 63 in a WEEK???? ah that tickles my funny bone.

and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.

DDO is a country of our own, the most 'patriotic' thing to do would be to tell edeb8 that it can go f*** itself.

http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Last time I checked 1) RM was f*cking up your site more than DDO, and 2) Im at the top of everyone's list of people who know how to flush out RM.

BTW who was the idiot who decided to give RM a chance over at edeb8 after he left DDO, cause invading Russia in the winter was a less stupid decision then that....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:23:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:21:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:19:58 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:19:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

LOL. Seriously, I do feel sorry for you guys, but there's no way in hell I'm joining edeb8.

O.o
I prefer the small membership, and don't want ungrateful pricks on the site to begin with. But yeah, don't join.

Well, 75% of the reason I dislike edeb8 is because you keep advertising it here annoyingly. The other 25% is the lack of activity that DDO is teeming with. Perhaps you could change my view of it. :P
No need, I don't want you there.

We're a small knit debating club. Membership is great, but I've had a blast improving the site and debating with the others there. Yea, we don't get to debate with a lot of new people, but the debates we do have are a million times more enjoyable, 100% attributed to the dozen new features we implement a week.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think Edeb8 is more for serious debating and DDO is more of a social site where people argue opinions. There shouldn't be any competition between our two sites, they're just different.

Btw, you can now hide the names of debaters to remove bias - Shameful Plug In
What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:27:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:23:48 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:21:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:19:58 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:19:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

LOL. Seriously, I do feel sorry for you guys, but there's no way in hell I'm joining edeb8.

O.o
I prefer the small membership, and don't want ungrateful pricks on the site to begin with. But yeah, don't join.

Well, 75% of the reason I dislike edeb8 is because you keep advertising it here annoyingly. The other 25% is the lack of activity that DDO is teeming with. Perhaps you could change my view of it. :P
No need, I don't want you there.
*shrug* Okay. But why do you keep crossing sites? I know that you're not a person like RM, but why can't you just pick one?
We're a small knit debating club. Membership is great, but I've had a blast improving the site and debating with the others there. Yea, we don't get to debate with a lot of new people, but the debates we do have are a million times less enjoyable, 100% attributed to the dozens of glitchy features we implement a week.
Fix'd
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:28:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*shrug* Okay. But why do you keep crossing sites? I know that you're not a person like RM, but why can't you just pick one?
I don't really use this site for debating. Just keeping up with people over PM.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:28:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I think Edeb8 is more for serious debating and DDO is more of a social site where people argue opinions. There shouldn't be any competition between our two sites, they're just different.

Btw, you can now hide the names of debaters to remove bias - Shameful Plug In
What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

It's shameful, all right. That's why we're publicizing it.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:29:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:28:03 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
*shrug* Okay. But why do you keep crossing sites? I know that you're not a person like RM, but why can't you just pick one?
I don't really use this site for debating. Just keeping up with people over PM.

You've been active on the forums for over three weeks now. So much for this: http://www.debate.org...
I mean, if you're going to leave, stop lurking and GTFO.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:30:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:23:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 63 in a WEEK???? ah that tickles my funny bone.

and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.

DDO is a country of our own, the most 'patriotic' thing to do would be to tell edeb8 that it can go f*** itself.

http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Last time I checked 1) RM was f*cking up your site more than DDO, and 2) Im at the top of everyone's list of people who know how to flush out RM.

BTW who was the idiot who decided to give RM a chance over at edeb8 after he left DDO, cause invading Russia in the winter was a less stupid decision then that....

overkill..
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:32:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

It's that shameful is an understatement.... Pathetic is a much better word to describe this.

Imagine if a prostitute came home to her parents house asking for money to buy drugs.

Now lets make a few substitutions:

Imagine if a prostitute (you) came home to your parents house (DDO) asking for money (People to join edeb8) to buy drugs (to get people to leave DDO)....

See how it looks?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:33:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:32:31 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

It's that shameful is an understatement.... Pathetic is a much better word to describe this.

Imagine if a prostitute came home to her parents house asking for money to buy drugs.

Now lets make a few substitutions:

Imagine if a prostitute (you) came home to your parents house (DDO) asking for money (People to join edeb8) to buy drugs (to get people to leave DDO)....

See how it looks?
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:36:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:33:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:32:31 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

It's that shameful is an understatement.... Pathetic is a much better word to describe this.

Imagine if a prostitute came home to her parents house asking for money to buy drugs.

Now lets make a few substitutions:

Imagine if a prostitute (you) came home to your parents house (DDO) asking for money (People to join edeb8) to buy drugs (to get people to leave DDO)....

See how it looks?

grabs popcorn
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:37:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:36:55 PM, VelCrow wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:33:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:32:31 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

It's that shameful is an understatement.... Pathetic is a much better word to describe this.

Imagine if a prostitute came home to her parents house asking for money to buy drugs.

Now lets make a few substitutions:

Imagine if a prostitute (you) came home to your parents house (DDO) asking for money (People to join edeb8) to buy drugs (to get people to leave DDO)....

See how it looks?

grabs popcorn

*puts on 3-D glasses*
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:38:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I think Edeb8 is more for serious debating and DDO is more of a social site where people argue opinions. There shouldn't be any competition between our two sites, they're just different.

DDO has me, thett, whiteflame, bsh, YYW and raisor -- all people with serious irl debating chops (not to mention all the amazing debaters without irl experience, like roy, mikal, maikuru, and danielle). Based on all of your shameless plugs, as far as I can tell, edeb8's most prominent member is the DDO user formerly known as jifpop. That is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

It's ironic that with one side of your mouth, you're BEGGING two people from this site to do a live debate on edeb, while with the other side of your mouth, you're claiming that you have this amazing core membership that is extremely devoted to debate.

The reason I never took edeb seriously is because the site makes it too hard to initiate and complete a simple debate. More options is not necessarily better. When I just want ketchup, I only need Heinz. I don't need to wade through 1000 choices, and I won't go to a supermarket that forces me to. Furthermore, the idea that you'd have a cross-examination period that lasts for a week is just absurd to me. While I think live debate is interesting and might try a couple on DDO at some point using Hangouts to record, I just don't trust the edeb8 platform based on the text debates. By all means, prove me wrong and maybe you'll have my membership. But as it stands, you're engaging in Doublespeak. Either edeb8 has an amazing community, who should be chomping at the bit to try out this new future, or it's a desperately small website whose consistent active membership consists mostly of you and larz.


Btw, you can now hide the names of debaters to remove bias - Shameful Plug In
What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

The sheer volume of your posts about edeb8 over the past two weeks is kind of ridiculous -- advertising your paper on dictatorships, complaining about RM, begging for more users. If larz were doing this himself, Juggle would have had it removed.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:52:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

After looking for a discussion in the scientific and religious forums on Edeb8.com, it became apparent that Edeb8.com is dry as a bone.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 8:53:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:38:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:26:23 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I think Edeb8 is more for serious debating and DDO is more of a social site where people argue opinions. There shouldn't be any competition between our two sites, they're just different.

DDO has me, thett, whiteflame, bsh, YYW and raisor -- all people with serious irl debating chops (not to mention all the amazing debaters without irl experience, like roy, mikal, maikuru, and danielle). Based on all of your shameless plugs, as far as I can tell, edeb8's most prominent member is the DDO user formerly known as jifpop. That is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

It's ironic that with one side of your mouth, you're BEGGING two people from this site to do a live debate on edeb, while with the other side of your mouth, you're claiming that you have this amazing core membership that is extremely devoted to debate.

The reason I never took edeb seriously is because the site makes it too hard to initiate and complete a simple debate. More options is not necessarily better. When I just want ketchup, I only need Heinz. I don't need to wade through 1000 choices, and I won't go to a supermarket that forces me to. Furthermore, the idea that you'd have a cross-examination period that lasts for a week is just absurd to me. While I think live debate is interesting and might try a couple on DDO at some point using Hangouts to record, I just don't trust the edeb8 platform based on the text debates. By all means, prove me wrong and maybe you'll have my membership. But as it stands, you're engaging in Doublespeak. Either edeb8 has an amazing community, who should be chomping at the bit to try out this new future, or it's a desperately small website whose consistent active membership consists mostly of you and larz.


Btw, you can now hide the names of debaters to remove bias - Shameful Plug In
What don't you guy's get about this thread being shameful?

The sheer volume of your posts about edeb8 over the past two weeks is kind of ridiculous -- advertising your paper on dictatorships, complaining about RM, begging for more users. If larz were doing this himself, Juggle would have had it removed.

^
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:01:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Dude, just make a new account and come back. Be more subtle this time.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:05:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can take it on edeb8 any longer. Other than the Shoutbox feature, look up "dead" in any dictionary and it'll have a lengthy article on edeb8.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:07:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:01:46 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Dude, just make a new account and come back. Be more subtle this time.

Do you realize how much more pathetic that would make him look?... If he were to do that, then he would have left DDO, kept coming back to DDO, kept asking for people on DDO to leave DDO, then at the same time made a new account on DDO, all to be a part of DDO.....

It would make him the ultimate hypocrite.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:08:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Edb8 at its core is not a bad idea. It was an attempt at larz to make an online debating community where he would feel accepted. I'm not sure of everything that occurred between larz, airmax, and juggle but I'm quite sure that is what fueled edb8 to begin with.

Basically Larz developed a feature that he wanted implemented on DDO, airmax said possibility let me talk to juggle. Larz did not want to wait or deal with juggle, and stuff blew up. Different sides from different people. Some say juggle gave larz their approve, others say juggle did not approve it or was given the chance to approve it.

Airmax does not have the capability to promote or allow a third party feature on DDO, as DDO is its own entity and he is purely the person to enforce the rules set within. Again this is no saying that Larz's idea was a bad feature, or that the motivation that he had while doing it was ill intended, but you can't just make a TP feature and install it on DDO or whatever the initial plan was. This is just here say by the way and I could be way off.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Now on the the foundation on Edb8. Edb8 is literally dead, and to be honest your ill deeds on this site drove you to that site. Anything from voting fraud on my debates, to troll topics, to the revolution you started. People were literally upset with you and all the spam and toxicity you brought to the site. It was so bad and people disliked you so much that you made new accounts to try to integrate yourself back into the community. The csaero thing lasted for a week before you blew up at airmax, called him a liar, and said your ban was unjustified when clearly it was. This extended to chosen wolf up until you did voting fraud on my debate and wrote
dennys RFD for him to try and later the outcome of the debate. This led you to leave the site until you recently returned

Are we to believe Edb8 has a great core user base as you claim? Because this seems self contradictory, when you are leaving the great core user base to come to our core users base and ask people to test a feature on the site that is suppose to be better than ours. That is a self contradiction and flat hypocrisy.

Then you hop on and tell Rev and others that you value that core user base and you don't want members from here to come over. Edb8 has larz as its core member. Maybe Heineken and nizlockie (not even sure who he is). The people that left DDO to go over to edb8 were people that did not find value in the community or were rejected for certain actions that occurred. This is especially true to you. There may have been a few people that at face value wanted to give it a chance and left, but most literally were outcasts from DDO.

You claim DDO has no good quality debates, but when compared to edb8 there is virtually no comparison. This site has bluesteel, thett3, whiteflame, bsh, yyw, roy, danielle, maikuru, myself, envisage, cuber, and countless others that pump out good quality debates on a never ending scale. Sure there are troll debates, and its a less formal site, but the debates that are high quality cannot be compared to edb8 because they are in another league. Take most of the debates in the HOF and compare it to a debate on edb8 and you will see the difference. Take a debate from bluesteel or roy and compare it to edb8, its a different league.

DDO has and will consistently pump out better quality debates, better users, and a better core group of members for quite some time. Are we to believe edb8 is what you say it is when you run over here to constantly as for help and promote the site when you were hands down one of the worst members this site has ever seen. I would literally throw you in the top 10 most toxic users to ever use DDO.

In reality edb8 is nothing you claim it is. The truth is, is that its a safe haven for you because you were rejected on here and the only reason you went over was because there was 0 chance of integrating you back into DDOS user base after your past mistakes.

The forums over there are dead, you just personally stated the new features were dead, the debates are dead, the members are dead. It's the second best option where members go that are not welcome here.

That is reality
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:12:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:08:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
Edb8 at its core is not a bad idea. It was an attempt at larz to make an online debating community where he would feel accepted. I'm not sure of everything that occurred between larz, airmax, and juggle but I'm quite sure that is what fueled edb8 to begin with.

Basically Larz developed a feature that he wanted implemented on DDO, airmax said possibility let me talk to juggle. Larz did not want to wait or deal with juggle, and stuff blew up. Different sides from different people. Some say juggle gave larz their approve, others say juggle did not approve it or was given the chance to approve it.

Airmax does not have the capability to promote or allow a third party feature on DDO, as DDO is its own entity and he is purely the person to enforce the rules set within. Again this is no saying that Larz's idea was a bad feature, or that the motivation that he had while doing it was ill intended, but you can't just make a TP feature and install it on DDO or whatever the initial plan was. This is just here say by the way and I could be way off.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Now on the the foundation on Edb8. Edb8 is literally dead, and to be honest your ill deeds on this site drove you to that site. Anything from voting fraud on my debates, to troll topics, to the revolution you started. People were literally upset with you and all the spam and toxicity you brought to the site. It was so bad and people disliked you so much that you made new accounts to try to integrate yourself back into the community. The csaero thing lasted for a week before you blew up at airmax, called him a liar, and said your ban was unjustified when clearly it was. This extended to chosen wolf up until you did voting fraud on my debate and wrote
dennys RFD for him to try and later the outcome of the debate. This led you to leave the site until you recently returned

Are we to believe Edb8 has a great core user base as you claim? Because this seems self contradictory, when you are leaving the great core user base to come to our core users base and ask people to test a feature on the site that is suppose to be better than ours. That is a self contradiction and flat hypocrisy.

Then you hop on and tell Rev and others that you value that core user base and you don't want members from here to come over. Edb8 has larz as its core member. Maybe Heineken and nizlockie (not even sure who he is). The people that left DDO to go over to edb8 were people that did not find value in the community or were rejected for certain actions that occurred. This is especially true to you. There may have been a few people that at face value wanted to give it a chance and left, but most literally were outcasts from DDO.

You claim DDO has no good quality debates, but when compared to edb8 there is virtually no comparison. This site has bluesteel, thett3, whiteflame, bsh, yyw, roy, danielle, maikuru, myself, envisage, cuber, and countless others that pump out good quality debates on a never ending scale. Sure there are troll debates, and its a less formal site, but the debates that are high quality cannot be compared to edb8 because they are in another league. Take most of the debates in the HOF and compare it to a debate on edb8 and you will see the difference. Take a debate from bluesteel or roy and compare it to edb8, its a different league.

DDO has and will consistently pump out better quality debates, better users, and a better core group of members for quite some time. Are we to believe edb8 is what you say it is when you run over here to constantly as for help and promote the site when you were hands down one of the worst members this site has ever seen. I would literally throw you in the top 10 most toxic users to ever use DDO.

In reality edb8 is nothing you claim it is. The truth is, is that its a safe haven for you because you were rejected on here and the only reason you went over was because there was 0 chance of integrating you back into DDOS user base after your past mistakes.

The forums over there are dead, you just personally stated the new features were dead, the debates are dead, the members are dead. It's the second best option where members go that are not welcome here.

That is reality

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:19:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:08:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
I would literally throw you in the top 10 most toxic users to ever use DDO.

Agreed.

The criticism that DDO is mostly a social platform is misplaced. You come for the debating, but stay for the social aspects. But it's not like debating does not occur here.

To analogize, imagine attending an irl debate tournament that lasts all weekend. It's fun and all, but are you going to keep doing it if you *hate* all the people you have to interact with between rounds? Probably not. A weekend is a long time to have to socially isolate yourself just to do debate. The same thing applies here. I like the site because there are good debates to be had, but also good people to talk to.

If one of the best selling points of edeb8 is that it features one of DDO's most toxic users, it's not a site for me.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:19:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:07:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:01:46 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Dude, just make a new account and come back. Be more subtle this time.

Do you realize how much more pathetic that would make him look?... If he were to do that, then he would have left DDO, kept coming back to DDO, kept asking for people on DDO to leave DDO, then at the same time made a new account on DDO, all to be a part of DDO.....

It would make him the ultimate hypocrite.

So? Who would know? After all, the purpose of a new account is for your anonymity to be restored. I planned on doing that if at the last minute you decided to stay on the Site.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:21:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 8:23:48 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

We're a small knit debating club. Membership is great, but I've had a blast improving the site and debating with the others there. Yea, we don't get to debate with a lot of new people, but the debates we do have are a million times more enjoyable, 100% attributed to the dozen new features we implement a week.

Furthermore, you're not a debater chosenWolff. The way you react *extremely* negatively to every RFD is not acceptable in the debate community. If you were a debating club, you'd be the team at tournaments that every coach hates dealing with because you complain about every judge and every decision.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:24:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:19:25 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:07:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:01:46 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Dude, just make a new account and come back. Be more subtle this time.

Do you realize how much more pathetic that would make him look?... If he were to do that, then he would have left DDO, kept coming back to DDO, kept asking for people on DDO to leave DDO, then at the same time made a new account on DDO, all to be a part of DDO.....

It would make him the ultimate hypocrite.

So? Who would know? After all, the purpose of a new account is for your anonymity to be restored.

Because everyone finds out anyways.

When a noticable member leaves the site and then a new account pops up shortly afterwards that is unsually active and behaves the same way as the guy who left, people easily put two and two together and make the connection.

Seeing how butthurt jifpop gets over everything, he'd be found out in not even a day.

I planned on doing that if at the last minute you decided to stay on the Site.

Even if you did go through with that, you would still be found out, and then you could add that to your ever-growing list of complete failures youve compiled on this site :)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 9:25:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 9:24:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:19:25 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:07:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2014 9:01:46 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/19/2014 8:16:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Okay, we're getting desperate. We only had 63 users active this week, and not one had tested the live debating feature. This is a plea for help. We need two people to beta test a live debate. Do it for you country.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Additionally, Imabench, you did not kill RM from this site. That's all...

Dude, just make a new account and come back. Be more subtle this time.

Do you realize how much more pathetic that would make him look?... If he were to do that, then he would have left DDO, kept coming back to DDO, kept asking for people on DDO to leave DDO, then at the same time made a new account on DDO, all to be a part of DDO.....

It would make him the ultimate hypocrite.

So? Who would know? After all, the purpose of a new account is for your anonymity to be restored.

Because everyone finds out anyways.

When a noticable member leaves the site and then a new account pops up shortly afterwards that is unsually active and behaves the same way as the guy who left, people easily put two and two together and make the connection.

Seeing how butthurt jifpop gets over everything, he'd be found out in not even a day.

I planned on doing that if at the last minute you decided to stay on the Site.

Even if you did go through with that, you would still be found out, and then you could add that to your ever-growing list of complete failures youve compiled on this site :)

If I really tried and abstained from continuing old fanfics, no one here would find out.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...